Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 20:47 - Dec 7 with 2511 viewsenfieldargh

Some superb saves
great catches from crosses under huge pressure
Good distribution
No errors
Clean sheet

Worthy of a 10/10?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lumley on 20:55 - Dec 7 with 2468 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd give him an 8.

And my MOTM.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley on 20:56 - Dec 7 with 2458 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Lumley on 22:22 - Dec 7 with 2224 viewsnix

I've been a bit worried about Joe's confidence but today he was great. The difficult save he pulled off in the second half was a real boost, he punched the air. Even his kicking improved after that. He also came out more decisively for crosses. So pleased to see him enjoying his football so much.
Lumley on 22:53 - Dec 7 with 2131 viewsrichranger

Lumley on 22:22 - Dec 7 by nix

I've been a bit worried about Joe's confidence but today he was great. The difficult save he pulled off in the second half was a real boost, he punched the air. Even his kicking improved after that. He also came out more decisively for crosses. So pleased to see him enjoying his football so much.

The crowd was supporting Joe right from the start - applauding all his good distribution etc. His confidence grew at the same time.
Lumley on 00:16 - Dec 8 with 1995 viewstimcocking

Pleasing.
Lumley on 04:45 - Dec 8 with 1840 viewsMatch82

Lumley on 22:22 - Dec 7 by nix

That save was exceptional. Let's hope he can kick on from here
Lumley on 06:39 - Dec 8 with 1796 viewsPommyhoop

Onya Joe...(Thats Ozzie for .Nice one Joe,Get in Joe, Jolly good show Joe)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Lumley on 08:30 - Dec 8 with 1674 viewsRuislipHoop

I think he,s a great keeper,yes he’s made mistakes and being a young lad will make many more,but yesterday proves his quality.
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley on 09:38 - Dec 8 with 1554 viewsDiscodroids

Well done Joe, I was as pleased for you in keeping that clean sheet as i was For AJ wining back his world title.

Well done mate.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Lumley on 10:04 - Dec 8 with 1489 viewsstevec

Also pleased for him, a very good performance.

Can’t deny though, every time a ball looks like heading in his direction my hearts in my mouth. As per the first half when he ended up in no mans land, went to the floor way to early as per usual, and only a brilliant intervention from Grant Hall stopped the forward chipping it in.

Either commit and dive at the blokes feet or stay up till he makes a decision, don’t make it for him.
Lumley on 14:02 - Dec 8 with 1334 viewsDWQPR

For me Lumley has the makings of a very good keeper and will one day be a very decent PL keeper. Keeping is an evolving art form and for Joe this season has seen a total departure from the way he has been asked to play previous. The insistence up until yesterday to play the ball out from the back as opposed to getting it up field has obviously caused him trouble, and yesterday he looked so much more comfortable in playing a more direct game more than not. But the transition will get there and he will be a much better keeper for it. Keepers make mistakes as much as any player on the pitch, the problem being that they are so much more obvious. Both Hugill and Wells have missed excellent chances this season, for Hugill, these misses haven’t cost us points, Wells missed an excellent chance against Fulham to put us back ahead. The defence at times have made awful mistakes, going back to Wells again, he cost us two points against Boro, and yet nobody has been calling for him to be dropped, for someone to be signed to replace him or send him back to Burnley. The opposite, people say we should pull out all the stops to sign him. Leister has been a liability at times, letting the ball bounce, Barbet, with late challenges in the penalty area, the list goes on.

But Lumley yesterday showed what we have as a goalkeeper. He is still young and learning, but he is getting better and that save yesterday was world class. As was the one against West Brom when we were already two done, a point blank header palmed away. He will continue to make mistakes but they will reduce as he learns. I like Lumley and it is great that once again, like Chair and Eze and Manning they have all graduated from the youth set up, which is something that we have been crying out for for years. Now we’ve got them playing a decent level of football lets keep encouraging them. In my time watching Rangers only Peter Hucker has trodden the same path as Lumley is now. That says something.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lumley on 14:04 - Dec 8 with 1327 viewsgazza1

Lumley played as I would expect a goalkeeper to play yesterday......I expect that type of performance week in and week out from a professional QPR 1st team goalkeeper.
Lumley on 14:05 - Dec 8 with 1328 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley on 14:02 - Dec 8 by DWQPR

For me Lumley has the makings of a very good keeper and will one day be a very decent PL keeper. Keeping is an evolving art form and for Joe this season has seen a total departure from the way he has been asked to play previous. The insistence up until yesterday to play the ball out from the back as opposed to getting it up field has obviously caused him trouble, and yesterday he looked so much more comfortable in playing a more direct game more than not. But the transition will get there and he will be a much better keeper for it. Keepers make mistakes as much as any player on the pitch, the problem being that they are so much more obvious. Both Hugill and Wells have missed excellent chances this season, for Hugill, these misses haven’t cost us points, Wells missed an excellent chance against Fulham to put us back ahead. The defence at times have made awful mistakes, going back to Wells again, he cost us two points against Boro, and yet nobody has been calling for him to be dropped, for someone to be signed to replace him or send him back to Burnley. The opposite, people say we should pull out all the stops to sign him. Leister has been a liability at times, letting the ball bounce, Barbet, with late challenges in the penalty area, the list goes on.

But Lumley yesterday showed what we have as a goalkeeper. He is still young and learning, but he is getting better and that save yesterday was world class. As was the one against West Brom when we were already two done, a point blank header palmed away. He will continue to make mistakes but they will reduce as he learns. I like Lumley and it is great that once again, like Chair and Eze and Manning they have all graduated from the youth set up, which is something that we have been crying out for for years. Now we’ve got them playing a decent level of football lets keep encouraging them. In my time watching Rangers only Peter Hucker has trodden the same path as Lumley is now. That says something.

And Tony Roberts, DW!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley on 21:39 - Dec 8 with 1140 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley on 14:04 - Dec 8 by gazza1

Lumley played as I would expect a goalkeeper to play yesterday......I expect that type of performance week in and week out from a professional QPR 1st team goalkeeper.

Have you ever tried Yoga?
Lumley on 22:01 - Dec 8 with 1091 viewsgazza1

Never needed to , have you ever tried supporting the Tories??
Lumley on 23:48 - Dec 8 with 1012 viewsqpr1976

Lumley on 22:01 - Dec 8 by gazza1

Never needed to , have you ever tried supporting the Tories??

YES & won more often than I’ve lost ! 😂❌
That’s political football analogies for you.....

Back to Lumley, 1 great save, lots of good high catches under pressure, would have probably blocked the ‘Hall tackle’ clean through anyway and less passing around the box is the way forward for Us and most teams who’ve not spent £100m+ of their back line & GK

IMO
Lumley on 01:22 - Dec 9 with 992 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Pleased for Lumley and delighted that the team finally secured a clean sheet this season.

I suspect the more pragmatic tactical approach suits him (and indeed many in the squad) better. The challenge now is to kick on and maintain this level week-in, week-out.
Lumley on 08:11 - Dec 9 with 919 viewsRblockPrior

He was great, pressure has been on him massively and he has dealt with it. Credit where credits due

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024