Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin on his Possible Summer Move 19:24 - Apr 9 with 5751 viewsdaveB

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/austin-id-love-to-stay-at-qpr-but-want-a-cra
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:27 - Apr 9 with 4161 viewsNorthernr

He's media guy is good, whoever it is.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:29 - Apr 9 with 4143 viewsdaveB

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:27 - Apr 9 by Northernr

He's said this several times now, he'll stay if we want to push on and get promoted.
I think we have a decent chance of keeping him but he has put it all in the club court so if he doesn't stay they are going to get a lot of lack of ambition nonsense thrown at them
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:35 - Apr 9 with 4102 viewsNorthernr

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:29 - Apr 9 by daveB

He's said this several times now, he'll stay if we want to push on and get promoted.
I think we have a decent chance of keeping him but he has put it all in the club court so if he doesn't stay they are going to get a lot of lack of ambition nonsense thrown at them

Perfect table laying. If he stays, hero. If some Stoke, Forest, Derby idiot give him the money he's on and after and he goes there, QPR lack ambition. Perfect media strat.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:36 - Apr 9 with 4101 viewsfrancisbowles

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:29 - Apr 9 by daveB

It also enables the club to state that they have told him of their ambition and demonstrate it with signing the other loanees if possible, or a replacement for SJ if we can't get him. They can then put the ball in his court with an offer in keeping with our finances.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:44 - Apr 9 with 4070 viewsrsonist

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:27 - Apr 9 by Northernr

Not sure if it's expertly turning the screw or a bit of a despairing lunge. Or excuses in advance? Everyone including him knows the situation and its limits (as is) so why turn ambition provocateur now. With his base its the last thing the board really need.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 19:50 - Apr 9 with 4032 viewsbosh67

I hope he stays. He's a talisman for us. If he had been here at the beginning of the season along with the likes of Johansen arguably we would have been flirting around the top six. If we can somehow keep him, Johansen and bring back Shodipo who is obviously ready for the step up, and with Amos back and possibly Carroll we have a squad capable of challenging for a play off place.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:12 - Apr 9 with 3960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If nothing else when your lack of professionalism has ruled you out of three matches and your teammates have the first of those games tomorrow you might have the humility to leave off the interviews about what a good person you are.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 3904 viewsTomS

Even if FPP rules are relaxed due to Covid, it's a big ask for the owners to throw even more into the money pit with absolutely no guarantee of getting their money back, whatever about making a profit on their investment.

They have tried to create a model where the club is almost self-sustainable. I personally doubt they will forget the painful lessons from the past.

However, on the other hand, where would football be without the tempting allure of The Premiership? Does Mark believe we are good enough to sustain a challenge for promotion next season?
Login to get fewer ads

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 3902 viewsLazyFan

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:12 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

If nothing else when your lack of professionalism has ruled you out of three matches and your teammates have the first of those games tomorrow you might have the humility to leave off the interviews about what a good person you are.

I think you will find that's why Clive said his media advisor is excellent.

He's managed to deflect from all that by saying he wants to sign so, the talk is about that. And then also at the same time put himself out there for the clubs that come down or want to spend on him. Perhaps Bournemouth if they don't go up and Solanke moves on. A handy location for Chazza.

With articles like that my view is that it's unlikely he will be with us next season.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2021 20:26]

zzzzzzzzzz

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:31 - Apr 9 with 3862 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:25 - Apr 9 by LazyFan

He's managed to deflect from all that by saying he wants to sign so, the talk is about that. And then also at the same time put himself out there for the clubs that come down or want to spend on him. Perhaps Bournemouth if they don't go up and Solanke moves on. A handy location for Chazza.

With articles like that my view is that it's unlikely he will be with us next season.

"With articles like that my view is that it's unlikely he will be with us next season."

I agree with you LazyFan, and have for some time.

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:36 - Apr 9 with 3834 viewsted_hendrix

Load of bloody waffle.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 23:45 - Apr 9 with 3547 viewsMyke

Well Warburton is also on record recently saying that if we keep this squad intact next season we can have a stab at the play-offs, so it look like he and Charlie are on the same page. Maybe it's a joint effort to turn up the heat on the hierarchy?
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 01:04 - Apr 10 with 3465 viewsrsonist

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 23:45 - Apr 9 by Myke

Well Warburton is also on record recently saying that if we keep this squad intact next season we can have a stab at the play-offs, so it look like he and Charlie are on the same page. Maybe it's a joint effort to turn up the heat on the hierarchy?

Warburton is on record as saying the same reasonable thing twice in a month and having it interpreted opposite ways.

Warburton plays down chances of QPR promotion challenge next season
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-promotion-chances-mark-warburto

Warburton: QPR could push for promotion if players stay
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-qpr-could-push-for-promotion-if-pl
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 01:07 - Apr 10 with 3462 viewsCiderwithRsie

None of this seems controversial to me.

I've no idea if there is the money to cover wages for Charlie and Johansen. If there is, then I think a punt at the top 6 is plausible enough and could attract both those players.

If there isn't, so be it, and no hard feelings if either or both go where they can either get a better last payday or a chance of a promotion campaign.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 01:38 - Apr 10 with 3422 viewsPunteR

Didnt TF get Austin back in? Theres some big money at the club.. yeh yeh cant spend now because of the "rules"(billionaires cant spend money on football clubs ffs)
This article though is obviously the Austin PR machine at work.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 08:29 - Apr 10 with 3230 viewsnix

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 20:25 - Apr 9 by LazyFan

He's been skirting round this since he arrived. I agree it's down to flirting with other clubs to see what's out there. Because everyone is looking for a goalscorer and he's proven at this level, I definitely think he'll get someone snapping him up at the wages/contract length he wants. He's played a blinder coming to us as we're good at getting strikers to look good (except our own!) and he's had much more publicity due to the CA coming home factor. Personally, I still think good luck to him as it's equally benefitted us, taking us swiftly away from the relegation zone.

I also hope it doesn't lead to lack of ambition meltdowns. Bristol City proved that we're right not to have done that for Wells.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 09:08 - Apr 10 with 3152 viewsE15Hoop

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 08:29 - Apr 10 by nix

He's been skirting round this since he arrived. I agree it's down to flirting with other clubs to see what's out there. Because everyone is looking for a goalscorer and he's proven at this level, I definitely think he'll get someone snapping him up at the wages/contract length he wants. He's played a blinder coming to us as we're good at getting strikers to look good (except our own!) and he's had much more publicity due to the CA coming home factor. Personally, I still think good luck to him as it's equally benefitted us, taking us swiftly away from the relegation zone.

I also hope it doesn't lead to lack of ambition meltdowns. Bristol City proved that we're right not to have done that for Wells.

I think that's harsh on Wells, who clearly hasn't settled at Bristol City. Not surprising, when they appear to be a mess at the moment.

I'd happily have Wells back in W12, if keeping Sir Charles is not an option.

I'm also sure that there will be an almighty number of strings pulled behind the scenes to come up with a deal that works for Charlie and is still FFP-compliant.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 09:12 - Apr 10 with 3141 viewsE15Hoop

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 08:29 - Apr 10 by nix

I think that's harsh on Wells, who clearly hasn't settled at Bristol City. Not surprising, when they appear to be a mess at the moment.

I'm also sure that there will be an almighty number of strings pulled behind the scenes to come up with a deal that works for Charlie and is still FFP-compliant.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 09:23 - Apr 10 with 3112 viewseastside_r

Agree with Clive.

Puff piece.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 09:37 - Apr 10 with 3073 viewsdistortR

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 09:08 - Apr 10 by E15Hoop

Wells has had a hit and miss career - we've seen both sides of him at QPR. So £5m and a 3 year contract on a wedge and probably no re-sale value - no thanks.
Likewise Austin - I wouldn't be waving a 3 year contract under his nose unless it was hugely geared towards performance incentives, which would probably not be appealing to him.
But hey! If he says he'll only join if we have a realistic chance of promotion, we're more then entitled to say OK, but you'll get paid only if you help us achieve these mutual goals.
Win-win surely?
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 09:45 - Apr 10 with 3050 viewshantssi

Why not do do what WRDC have done with Shrek?
Take him on as player/coach, as I understand it this doesn’t count towards FFP that’s how they got away with it.
That’ll leave more in the pot for SJ.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 11:10 - Apr 10 with 2918 viewsfrancisbowles

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 09:45 - Apr 10 by hantssi

Why not do do what WRDC have done with Shrek?
Take him on as player/coach, as I understand it this doesn’t count towards FFP that’s how they got away with it.
That’ll leave more in the pot for SJ.

Still have to find the money though. Either the owners put yet more money in or we find a sponsor. We would have to find a company that has done well during the pandemic.
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 11:17 - Apr 10 with 2889 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And it would burst the wage structure, no matter how it's paid for. I'm not sure it's wise to have Austin in one corner pf the dressing room on huge money and the rest of the lads still being told there's a wage structure for them that can't be altered.

We've been there before and it wrecked the morale of the team, squad and eventually the club.

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 14:27 - Apr 10 with 2728 viewstheselector

TBH the only loanee I think we have a chance of landing permanently is Johansen. And only if Fulham survive the drop.

Baggies are almost certainly down so they'll want Field back and in the team, and they'll want to sell Charlie for as much as they can get, which almost certainly excludes us.

This is our reality these days. Once we have that fine paid off, and we're in our new 35k, state-of-the-art stadium, things will change. Right?
Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 14:31 - Apr 10 with 2709 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin on his Possible Summer Move on 14:27 - Apr 10 by theselector

TBH the only loanee I think we have a chance of landing permanently is Johansen. And only if Fulham survive the drop.

Baggies are almost certainly down so they'll want Field back and in the team, and they'll want to sell Charlie for as much as they can get, which almost certainly excludes us.

This is our reality these days. Once we have that fine paid off, and we're in our new 35k, state-of-the-art stadium, things will change. Right?

With Field, we have an option to buy, so if we want him and he wants to join (which is the crucial bit) then he's ours, subject to personal terms being agreed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024