Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey 02:56 - Feb 3 with 4168 viewsstuabd

Samba staying if we're relegated, wage bill has come down, he's in it for the long haul. Not a bad read for a Sunday morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9844172/Quee
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 03:33 - Feb 3 with 3307 viewsSydneyRs

That's a great read. My main concern is not relegation itself but what that means for the club if it happens. If Fernandes is true to his word then relegation is not such a disaster and we might just come back stronger.

As for keeping Samba if we go down though, far easier said then done.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 03:50 - Feb 3 with 3291 viewsstuabd

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 03:33 - Feb 3 by SydneyRs

That's a great read. My main concern is not relegation itself but what that means for the club if it happens. If Fernandes is true to his word then relegation is not such a disaster and we might just come back stronger.

As for keeping Samba if we go down though, far easier said then done.

"It has been our problem from day one – a centre-back. Chris is a good guy, he’s 28 and whether we go up or down he will be with us. We are building a team around him."

I agree it's easy to say these things, but interesting and encouraging that he's been specific about a player staying as opposed to 'we'll try to keep our best players'.

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 05:24 - Feb 3 with 3252 viewsDylanP

“There are no debts like at other clubs. We’ve put in a lot of money and it’s no different from setting up a car business or an airline.
“But it takes time. QPR were an underinvested club. Simple as that. I’m not in it for one year, I’m investing for the future. I’m investing to build a stadium, to build a training academy, to build a proper business."

This is the bit of the article I like best. No debts. He could be lying, but there are annual reports with financial reports. Somebody would soon know if he was lying As such, I am going to take him at his word. If he says there are no debts, I am going to rejoice in the fact that our club is not on the brink of Administration. That we are debt free. And that we are currently enjoying watching Taarabt play some of his best football; we have a brand new Bobby Hazel at the back; we have the best goalie since Phil Parkes; we have Jamie Mackie who is a bloody joy to watch; and when I woke up this morning I flicked on the tele and there we were in glorious high definition.

Remember when we were languishing in the Championship, burdened by 20 million in debt? Remember how everyone said, 'if we got to the Premiership, cleared the debt and then even if were relegated, at least we would be in a stronger position to build for promotion'. Well the debts are cleared, we have better players, we would definitely be in a stronger position to build for promotion.

I am enjoying this season and all the daft moanie buggers can eat crow when we eventually pull this one out of the fire!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 06:35 - Feb 3 with 3208 viewsQPR_ARG

#TheFiveYearPlan

It gets a mention!

All jokes aside, I liked what I've read there.

Good stuff!
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 07:12 - Feb 3 with 3172 viewskropotkin41

The best possible news given our situation.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 07:28 - Feb 3 with 3155 viewsmehmetr

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 07:12 - Feb 3 by kropotkin41

The best possible news given our situation.

Good to hear that Samba took a 40% wage cut to 60K and Remi is reputedly also on 60 or 70K and they have still been able to reduce the wages bill in aggregate over January.

Interesting that Arry said a few more will be shipped out as a few overseas transfer windows are still open.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 07:36 - Feb 3 with 3143 viewsBerkoRanger

I have been saying how positive the long term situation at QPR is on many threads on this board since Tony and the consortium took over. No, I am not ITK - I just believe TF is a genuine guy and supporter.

I truly believe that in two or three years time, this will be a really strong and successful football club.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 07:54 - Feb 3 with 3113 viewsPey

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 07:28 - Feb 3 by mehmetr

Good to hear that Samba took a 40% wage cut to 60K and Remi is reputedly also on 60 or 70K and they have still been able to reduce the wages bill in aggregate over January.

Interesting that Arry said a few more will be shipped out as a few overseas transfer windows are still open.

indeed a very good read.

Also wondering who Arry was referring to with more players leaving.
Cause our 25 man squad has been announced.

And welcome on board mehmetr
Favorite cheese ?
Login to get fewer ads

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 08:08 - Feb 3 with 3093 viewsBerkoRanger

Young, Ephraim?
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 08:20 - Feb 3 with 3068 viewsbaz_qpr

If we have the players we have to fill the squad, expecting Boswanker to be shipped out to the Ruskies or MLS. Not sure if what happens if a player in that 25 goes on a permanent and whether the place becomes available for anyone unattached
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 08:35 - Feb 3 with 3023 viewsgigiisourgod

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 05:24 - Feb 3 by DylanP

“There are no debts like at other clubs. We’ve put in a lot of money and it’s no different from setting up a car business or an airline.
“But it takes time. QPR were an underinvested club. Simple as that. I’m not in it for one year, I’m investing for the future. I’m investing to build a stadium, to build a training academy, to build a proper business."

This is the bit of the article I like best. No debts. He could be lying, but there are annual reports with financial reports. Somebody would soon know if he was lying As such, I am going to take him at his word. If he says there are no debts, I am going to rejoice in the fact that our club is not on the brink of Administration. That we are debt free. And that we are currently enjoying watching Taarabt play some of his best football; we have a brand new Bobby Hazel at the back; we have the best goalie since Phil Parkes; we have Jamie Mackie who is a bloody joy to watch; and when I woke up this morning I flicked on the tele and there we were in glorious high definition.

Remember when we were languishing in the Championship, burdened by 20 million in debt? Remember how everyone said, 'if we got to the Premiership, cleared the debt and then even if were relegated, at least we would be in a stronger position to build for promotion'. Well the debts are cleared, we have better players, we would definitely be in a stronger position to build for promotion.

I am enjoying this season and all the daft moanie buggers can eat crow when we eventually pull this one out of the fire!!!

Excellent post. I guess it is just infuriating as with the money the owners have invested we should be achieving greater things than being bottom and watching well run clubs with far cheaper assembled clubs steam roll us. As we have already seen HR would not even blink (twitch) over taking a club to the wall, but as long as TF is running us as a hobby rather than a business's for the first five years until we can become self sustainable then I think we shall be fine.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 08:43 - Feb 3 with 2999 viewsRedbourneR

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 08:20 - Feb 3 by baz_qpr

If we have the players we have to fill the squad, expecting Boswanker to be shipped out to the Ruskies or MLS. Not sure if what happens if a player in that 25 goes on a permanent and whether the place becomes available for anyone unattached

No. The 25 can't be changed. Young's injury doesn't sound like one he'll recover from any time soon. I'm angry to read Johnson's likely to be fit next month and he's not included but Boswanker is.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 08:43 - Feb 3 with 2997 viewsBumdaR

Being debt free is obviously a major plus, but the club still has to cover its costs, the main ones being its wage bill. If Tony et al decide they no longer wish to continue to inject further equity, then then the club would very quickly have to go into administration if another set of sugar daddy's wasn't found very quickly.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:07 - Feb 3 with 2926 viewskropotkin41

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 08:43 - Feb 3 by BumdaR

Being debt free is obviously a major plus, but the club still has to cover its costs, the main ones being its wage bill. If Tony et al decide they no longer wish to continue to inject further equity, then then the club would very quickly have to go into administration if another set of sugar daddy's wasn't found very quickly.

True for many clubs, not just QPR, and TF makes it as clear as he can that he and the other owners aren't going if we do get relegated.

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:20 - Feb 3 with 2890 viewsMelakaRanger

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 07:36 - Feb 3 by BerkoRanger

I have been saying how positive the long term situation at QPR is on many threads on this board since Tony and the consortium took over. No, I am not ITK - I just believe TF is a genuine guy and supporter.

I truly believe that in two or three years time, this will be a really strong and successful football club.

We may go down but we will come back up quickly and stronger

To all those have a 'go' at TF. Leave him be. Hes here to make a success of QPR, its just gonna take longer than he and we hoped.

As long as TF stays, in 3 or 4 years time I am confident we will be a very successful Premiership side.

COYRs
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:21 - Feb 3 with 2878 viewsnadera78

You can't fail to like him, and he certainly talks a good game. But there is still a huge naivety there in what he says - the reference to transfermarket.com for one, not understanding that players will demand to leave if we go down, the continued talk a bigger stadium.

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:23 - Feb 3 with 2870 viewskropotkin41

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:20 - Feb 3 by MelakaRanger

We may go down but we will come back up quickly and stronger

To all those have a 'go' at TF. Leave him be. Hes here to make a success of QPR, its just gonna take longer than he and we hoped.

As long as TF stays, in 3 or 4 years time I am confident we will be a very successful Premiership side.

COYRs

It seems to me that if we go down and if TF is true to his word, we could have quite a good adventure in the Championship next season. I suppose a lot depends on the manager to go with the package.

Still for me exciting and hopeful times. I am going to enjoy the rest of the season a lot more for reading that article.

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:28 - Feb 3 with 2855 viewswombat

Good read should settle a few people's worries on our future although for some I doubt it , although there is one obvious lie in Tony's statement , I. Sure so embody said amit was off months ago some bloke who lives in a wheelie bin said it so it must be true

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:29 - Feb 3 with 2850 viewsDylanP

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:07 - Feb 3 by kropotkin41

True for many clubs, not just QPR, and TF makes it as clear as he can that he and the other owners aren't going if we do get relegated.

Not really true. We have about 30 players on wage. Lets say the average salary is 25K, so that is a wage bill of around 40M a year. Well, we are getting around 45-60M in TV money this year. On top of that there is ticket sales and so on. So that means that we are still easily in the black. Especially because there is no way our wage bill actually averages 25K over the 30 players. Its probably half that. We have a few on high wages, but I have got to imagine that a few of them are getting less than 5K a week, a bunch others are earning 10-15K a week and just a handful are getting the really big salaries. Tony stated that 60K was the top salary. As we were running the club in the Championship on a couple of million a year in TV revenue, even if we are spending up to 40M a year on salaries, that still leaves enough to be operating in the black.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:34 - Feb 3 with 2831 viewsBlackCrowe

"..and all the daft moanie buggers can eat crow when we eventually pull this one out of the fire!!! "

Oi leave me out this, I have little desire to be consumed by daft moanie buggers.

Great read though and suddenly I feel at peace with Rs.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:38 - Feb 3 with 2822 viewsnadera78

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:29 - Feb 3 by DylanP

Not really true. We have about 30 players on wage. Lets say the average salary is 25K, so that is a wage bill of around 40M a year. Well, we are getting around 45-60M in TV money this year. On top of that there is ticket sales and so on. So that means that we are still easily in the black. Especially because there is no way our wage bill actually averages 25K over the 30 players. Its probably half that. We have a few on high wages, but I have got to imagine that a few of them are getting less than 5K a week, a bunch others are earning 10-15K a week and just a handful are getting the really big salaries. Tony stated that 60K was the top salary. As we were running the club in the Championship on a couple of million a year in TV revenue, even if we are spending up to 40M a year on salaries, that still leaves enough to be operating in the black.

Your figures are so far off it's untrue. Ehmer, Harriman and the like will be earning a couple of K per week, Murphy and Cerny perhaps 5-10K. Every other player in the squad will be on a minimum of 30K, even the players who came up from the championship with us because all have had new 'Premier League' contracts over the last 18 months. Across the squad as a whole the average must be at least 40K. That's 60-odd million in players wages alone, never mind bonuses.

TV money last year was 40million for finishing 17th, it will be the same or even less this season.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:39 - Feb 3 with 2819 viewsstuabd

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:23 - Feb 3 by kropotkin41

It seems to me that if we go down and if TF is true to his word, we could have quite a good adventure in the Championship next season. I suppose a lot depends on the manager to go with the package.

Still for me exciting and hopeful times. I am going to enjoy the rest of the season a lot more for reading that article.

We could definitely be in a worse place. Tony is a decent bloke and he wants the best for our team.

At the end of the day, worry is just the interest you pay on the inevitable (or something like that). It could all work out very well.
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:47 - Feb 3 with 2797 viewsJamie

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:29 - Feb 3 by DylanP

30 contracted players? Nearly double that and £25k is probably a bit low on the average front.

Of the players up at the tip of our 'wage structure' = Samba, Remy, Bosingwa, Barton, Onouha, SWP, Park, Taarabt, M'bia, Granero, Hoilett. Then you have Zamora & Green in the 50's, Cesar & Cisse in the 40's. Then you have Ferdinand, Traore, Young, Diakite, Johnson who I would be gobsmacked if they were on much less. I doubt we have a professional on the books earning less than 5k per week.

The wage bill in the Championship season was £30m. Since the addition of the 'established' players that will have at least doubled IMO, if not closer to trebled.

For as long as TF & Tune are willing to fund it there is no issue. However I wonder how long they can truly subsidise the club outside the PL.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 10:07 - Feb 3 with 2746 viewswestolian

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 05:24 - Feb 3 by DylanP

Agree 100% - except for the Jamie Mackie comment

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 10:10 - Feb 3 with 2738 viewsAgedR

Good old Tony - we're not Pompey on 09:21 - Feb 3 by nadera78

You can't fail to like him, and he certainly talks a good game. But there is still a huge naivety there in what he says - the reference to transfermarket.com for one, not understanding that players will demand to leave if we go down, the continued talk a bigger stadium.

Unless one of us on here has a track record of multi-national business success, like those on our board, I'm not sure we are qualified to conclude that the business plan of this board is naive.

They will treat Rangers like any other venture and will pull out or sell when they can get a return or when there are no prospects for future growth. It seems this time has yet to come.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024