Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim 21:26 - Feb 5 with 1335 viewsTacticalR

A surprisingly sympathetic article from Martin Samuel, who finds some logic in the actions of the club:

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272984/Martin-Samuel-Queens-P

Air hostess clique

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:30 - Feb 5 with 1314 views0hwestlondon

Good read, but the anolgy is wrong, if a man was drowning he couldn't swim, if he could swim he wouldn't be drowning, basically what i am saying is a drowning man cant swim.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 1276 viewsDaiHo0p

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:30 - Feb 5 by 0hwestlondon

Good read, but the anolgy is wrong, if a man was drowning he couldn't swim, if he could swim he wouldn't be drowning, basically what i am saying is a drowning man cant swim.

Technically wrong. A drowned man cannot swim, a drowning man maybe able to, poorly perhaps, but maybe.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:50 - Feb 5 with 1263 viewssmegma

Plenty of people who could swim have drowned.

Jeff Buckley for one.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:56 - Feb 5 with 1248 views0hwestlondon

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:50 - Feb 5 by smegma

Plenty of people who could swim have drowned.

Jeff Buckley for one.

Yeah but what i'm saying is, your swimming along, then if you start drowning you cant start swimming again.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:59 - Feb 5 with 1245 viewsderbyhoop

The addition of Samba and Remy coupled with the departure of 6 senior players has left us with a better balanced squad (subject to injuries). Both are saleable assets, if it comes to the crunch. And, Samuels is probably right. Without those 2 the odds on staying up were very poor.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 1228 viewsCheshireR

He was on Sky Sunday Supplement and I thought he spoke a lot of sense.
Suprisingly sympathetic towards Redknapp, Fenandes and QPR in general.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 22:22 - Feb 5 with 1196 viewsN12Hoop

Just read some of the comments on the article and everyone's slagging us off. One of the highly rated ones accuse us of cheating by spending more than our rivals because we have owners prepared to throw money around. The fact that say Chelscum do the same or City doesn't seem to phase people as much. If everyone spent according to their means then there would never be any change in the top table. I can't believe the resentment towards us now.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 00:03 - Feb 6 with 1097 viewsVancouverHoop

It's natural for other clubs supporters to be resentful. Two reasons:

1) Few of us who have watched the game for years like the kind of money that's sloshing around at the top these days. It distorts what used to be a much more competitive competition.

2) Envy. Particularly from fans of medium to small size clubs like ourselves. People tend to shrug when the Man Cities and Chelseas acquire billionaire benefactors, they were monsters anyway. But when it happens to a club of comparable size to their own they feel especially resentful. Be honest, wouldn't many of us have felt the same if TF and the Mittals had put their money into Millwall or Palace?
Login to get fewer ads

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 09:45 - Feb 6 with 944 viewsTW_R

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 21:30 - Feb 5 by 0hwestlondon

So if Mark Phelps banged his head when he dived into the swimming pool and knocked himself out and drowned, does that mean he couldn't swim, or was unable to swim?
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 09:46 - Feb 6 with 935 viewsadhoc_qpr

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 00:03 - Feb 6 by VancouverHoop

It's natural for other clubs supporters to be resentful. Two reasons:

1) Few of us who have watched the game for years like the kind of money that's sloshing around at the top these days. It distorts what used to be a much more competitive competition.

2) Envy. Particularly from fans of medium to small size clubs like ourselves. People tend to shrug when the Man Cities and Chelseas acquire billionaire benefactors, they were monsters anyway. But when it happens to a club of comparable size to their own they feel especially resentful. Be honest, wouldn't many of us have felt the same if TF and the Mittals had put their money into Millwall or Palace?

Why be resentful of us though?

If we had bought some success then i could see people being annoyed, but all we have bought is misery, failure and relegation?

Pity or laughter i can understand, some of the vitriol we're getting i don't.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 09:58 - Feb 6 with 915 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm not criticising the spending policy (though it is ridiculously unsustainable), but, after stuffing up the previous three windows,we managed to stuff this one, too.

By not spending enough.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 10:12 - Feb 6 with 897 viewsblacky200

A pretty good read although he has fallen into the thinking of all other Journos way of reporting, if we are relegated then we are screwed. TF, PB and HR have all stated in interviews that the wages offered are nowhere near those being reported and so this was not a gamble but a considered policy wherby the squad now has a lot of value to it.
Yes if relegated we will see a number of players leaving that happens at every relegated club but it doesn't mean the end of QPR.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 11:03 - Feb 6 with 850 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree with that, would have liked the article more if not written for a paper that overstated the two Tottenham's boys wages by over 400%!
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 12:19 - Feb 6 with 806 viewsTheChef

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 11:03 - Feb 6 by PinnerPaul

Agree with that, would have liked the article more if not written for a paper that overstated the two Tottenham's boys wages by over 400%!

Samuel loves Harry - hence the pro QPR stance.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 14:02 - Feb 6 with 742 viewsChicken

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 12:19 - Feb 6 by TheChef

Samuel loves Harry - hence the pro QPR stance.

Absolutely - Samuel is in Redknapp's back pocket - they go back a long way. If it was another club who had been spending with such gay abandon Samuel would have been battering them. The hypocrisy is rank but it's how Redknapp operates - similar to the old crime syndicates not that I'm suggesting he's a crook of course.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 17:59 - Feb 6 with 663 viewsVancouverHoop

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 09:46 - Feb 6 by adhoc_qpr

Why be resentful of us though?

If we had bought some success then i could see people being annoyed, but all we have bought is misery, failure and relegation?

Pity or laughter i can understand, some of the vitriol we're getting i don't.

Don't forget we did get promoted a couple of seasons ago (though it seems much longer somehow.) Many opposition supporters thought – wrongly – we bought our way to that. The image of being a moneybags club was created back then by Briatore's mouth and the Mittal's wealth, now it's actually true.

I'm sure there'll be gales of laughter if we get relegated, and they'll be heard at every ground we visit next season. But no one will pity us if we go down, why should they? Some might if the club was left bankrupt, but many more wouldn't. Dog eat dog, I'm afraid.
Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 18:35 - Feb 6 with 645 viewsPinnerPaul

Attacking QPR for spending is like asking a drowning man not to swim on 14:02 - Feb 6 by Chicken

Absolutely - Samuel is in Redknapp's back pocket - they go back a long way. If it was another club who had been spending with such gay abandon Samuel would have been battering them. The hypocrisy is rank but it's how Redknapp operates - similar to the old crime syndicates not that I'm suggesting he's a crook of course.

Its nice to have one pro QPR journalist!

As said above last week the Daily Fail did a half page spread full of made up wages and hyperbole.

The Eve Standard can't stand us because of GP and as for Mick Dennis & Tony Cascarino ..................
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024