Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson and Barton on The Box now 22:01 - Nov 4 with 1831 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky 1
Footballers' Football Show. Just started

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 22:22 - Nov 4 with 1779 viewsQPRDave

sky + ing this thanks
Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 23:21 - Nov 4 with 1656 viewsdaveB

very interesting watch, Barton came across very well, hard to disagree with a lot of what he said.
Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 03:08 - Nov 5 with 1545 viewsbarbicanranger

If you get a chance a summary of what was said would be great
Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 07:10 - Nov 5 with 1447 viewsdaveB

a lot of it was about how young footballers cope with money and how they cope with their careers ending, was quite interesting. Not a great deal about QPR, Barton jjust said confidence plays a key role, he said in his first spell with us he couldn't pass 5 yards to a team mate but years on he is in a better place in his life now and can try anything with the ball and it's coming off.

He spoke a lot about how footballers are treated like pieces of meat which sounds crazy but made a lot of sense and also spoke about how he went from 140 quid a week to 6 grand a week and as a 20 year old he had no idea how to cope with that. DannY Simpson said the same
Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 08:06 - Nov 5 with 1353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 07:10 - Nov 5 by daveB

a lot of it was about how young footballers cope with money and how they cope with their careers ending, was quite interesting. Not a great deal about QPR, Barton jjust said confidence plays a key role, he said in his first spell with us he couldn't pass 5 yards to a team mate but years on he is in a better place in his life now and can try anything with the ball and it's coming off.

He spoke a lot about how footballers are treated like pieces of meat which sounds crazy but made a lot of sense and also spoke about how he went from 140 quid a week to 6 grand a week and as a 20 year old he had no idea how to cope with that. DannY Simpson said the same

Good summary. Very enjoyable hour. The only theme was the pressure on young players. I thought Simpson came across as a lad who has learned from his mistakes, sounded very mature if a bit nervous. Barton was reserved and was very interesting. Matt Murray also excellent. The programme was slow-paced but well worth a watch.

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 08:54 - Nov 5 with 1275 viewsingeminate

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 08:06 - Nov 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Good summary. Very enjoyable hour. The only theme was the pressure on young players. I thought Simpson came across as a lad who has learned from his mistakes, sounded very mature if a bit nervous. Barton was reserved and was very interesting. Matt Murray also excellent. The programme was slow-paced but well worth a watch.

Good show, Simpson came across well, less outgoing than you might expect for someone with his party boy rep.

Barton, came across OK, goes on a bit, not sure he will make a 'top coach or a top top manager' though. Mainly because you would have to be la la to give him a job with his track record.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 08:54 - Nov 5 with 1274 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, the top coach/manager comment made me smile!

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 09:05 - Nov 5 with 1254 viewsantoknee64

Showing again on SKYSPORTS 1 at 10:00 this morning.
Login to get fewer ads

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 10:07 - Nov 5 with 1171 viewssimmo

Got it on record to watch when I get home tonight. Understand from twitter that the guys came across well. I have been really impressed with Simpson so far, seems a proper pro and consistent performer. Not let the living in London stuff affect him too much it seems!

Additionally, did anybody watch last weeks FFS? It was all about scouting and really interesting. The 'secret room' that Moyes had at Everton was a real insight into the process of filtering down prospects and taking a legitimate long term view on your first 11 and waht you will need.

There was a lot to it but he also had what he considered his first 11 now and then for the next 3 years so he could see that perhaps he was going to run short here, or that he would need somebody for there, etc. He also apparently took a broad view from 50 odd reports per player across multiple scouts. One thing he also did that clubs like us should take on board is asking key members of his team to write down 5-6 players that they consider to be 'the best' outside of the top 6 teams and then compare them. If the same name was coming up then they would become a strong target. Simple but effective to get the best talent for a team outside of the upper echelons...

Very thorough and it is no suprise they made such shrewd acquisitions.

These shows are also available as a podcast for anyone that doesnt have Sky.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 12:12 - Nov 5 with 1047 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 10:07 - Nov 5 by simmo

Got it on record to watch when I get home tonight. Understand from twitter that the guys came across well. I have been really impressed with Simpson so far, seems a proper pro and consistent performer. Not let the living in London stuff affect him too much it seems!

Additionally, did anybody watch last weeks FFS? It was all about scouting and really interesting. The 'secret room' that Moyes had at Everton was a real insight into the process of filtering down prospects and taking a legitimate long term view on your first 11 and waht you will need.

There was a lot to it but he also had what he considered his first 11 now and then for the next 3 years so he could see that perhaps he was going to run short here, or that he would need somebody for there, etc. He also apparently took a broad view from 50 odd reports per player across multiple scouts. One thing he also did that clubs like us should take on board is asking key members of his team to write down 5-6 players that they consider to be 'the best' outside of the top 6 teams and then compare them. If the same name was coming up then they would become a strong target. Simple but effective to get the best talent for a team outside of the upper echelons...

Very thorough and it is no suprise they made such shrewd acquisitions.

These shows are also available as a podcast for anyone that doesnt have Sky.

I read a lot about Everton and their scouting on The Nowhere Men, similar to that progreamme's subject matter by the sounds of it. A very good book on scouting. Well recommended.

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 12:34 - Nov 5 with 1010 viewsQPunkR

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 12:12 - Nov 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I read a lot about Everton and their scouting on The Nowhere Men, similar to that progreamme's subject matter by the sounds of it. A very good book on scouting. Well recommended.

Maybe we could replace our own Championship Manager '05 scouting rulebook with this then?

QPR - "shit but local"

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 12:46 - Nov 5 with 969 viewssimmo

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 12:12 - Nov 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Yeah the author of the book was on there, that is where it came from. Brendan Rodgers was on there too (it could have been Heston Blumenthal though) and another scout that I think is head scout at Norwich (although I could be getting them mixed up). Either way it is worth catching up with and the book is excellent by all accounts.

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 13:04 - Nov 5 with 923 viewsWeaverQPR

Bartons comments about it being about playing games not the money doesnt ring quite true given he wouldnt take a pay cut to secure the dream move to Marseille that he always bangs on about. Other than that i agreed with most of what was said.

@WeavQPR

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 18:25 - Nov 6 with 721 viewsswitchingcode

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 13:04 - Nov 5 by WeaverQPR

Bartons comments about it being about playing games not the money doesnt ring quite true given he wouldnt take a pay cut to secure the dream move to Marseille that he always bangs on about. Other than that i agreed with most of what was said.

Simpson came across as pretty boring,hope he's not looking to get into the media when he finishes.Joey was an interesting listen very honest and think he will make a good manager one day.
Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 10:46 - Nov 7 with 560 viewssimmo

Simpson and Barton on The Box now on 18:25 - Nov 6 by switchingcode

Simpson came across as pretty boring,hope he's not looking to get into the media when he finishes.Joey was an interesting listen very honest and think he will make a good manager one day.

Funnily enough, so does he.

He loves to talk doesnt he, that show could have been 3 hours long and they would have filled it. Thought Murray came across really well, when talking about the pressures caused by retiring early and the issues he faced, thought he was very genuine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024