Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Just taking a moment (positive)|
at 14:17 15 Oct 2020
The Kelman signing got me thinking, that amongst the absolute monsoon of excrement around football and life in general, that there's so many things QPR are starting to do well...
It's taken a VERY long time but finally we're....
- Producing first team players direct from the development squad
- Buying young players with high potential and sell on value, supplementing their lack of experience with short term deals for older, consumate professionals
- Giving contracts that are appropriate and include options on the clubs side so we have security without the financial commitment
- Offering wages within a defined structure and not compromising that - making sure agents are aware and to take their overpriced shit up to Nottingham
- Making more permanent signings and less loans, so we develop our own talent
- Selling for appropriate transfer fees
- Loaning youngsters at higher levels
- Buying at the early stage of a players development, rather than waiting for another team to pick them up for cheap and sell on to us later for 10x the profit
- Scouting players properly, making offers for those that are coming to the end of their deals or have an undervalued skillset - Dykes looking a brilliant example of the latter
- Including character and personality as part of that scouting, making sure due diligence is done to determine a players work ethic and application to improve
- Recruiting a specific type of player to fit within a defined way of playing
- Emphasising development and cultivating a reputation that QPR is a genuine stepping stone to higher levels - which there's nothing wrong with!
- Making players better! Coaching them to add to their games and develop their deficiencies whilst building on their strengths
NONE of this was happening not 5 years ago. These are the fruits of labour that come from what Les, Chris Ramsey, Hoos, Paul Hall and others have put in. BRAVO - I can't wait to see it all live.
|Last 2 games|
at 12:33 23 Apr 2019
Should we go as much as possible with the players that will likely be here next season? Plus Freeman, who may well be playing his last home game...
Ingram, Rangel, Tilt, Shodipo, Bettache, Dalling, Walker
No idea which other U23's could be involved but the loans should be done at this point...
|Forum Votes: ||3291|
|Comment Votes: ||25|
|Prediction League: ||0|