Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 15:01 - Feb 1 with 5233 viewsSheffdale

I'll kick off! JK and ML in midfield. Scott on bench but glad he's still here. GD up front and to score the first.
Match Thread on 15:02 - Feb 1 with 3408 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Donnelly needs to have a good game...come on George lad.
Match Thread on 15:05 - Feb 1 with 3386 viewsSheffdale

Meanwhile here in Sheffield, I've half an eye on Wednesday's South Yorkshire derby v Barnsley.......where O'Grady has been substituted/sacrificed as the Reds are down to 10 men. New man Frimpong sent off. No goals there either.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 16:00]
Match Thread on 15:07 - Feb 1 with 3370 viewsSheffdale

Match Thread on 15:02 - Feb 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Over the bar from 6 yards! I'm quite a GD fan though as I like his honest endeavour
Match Thread on 15:57 - Feb 1 with 3193 viewsmacro

Match Thread on 15:02 - Feb 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

You can dream that early miss has seen his confidence evaporate and he's been anonymous since
Match Thread on 16:14 - Feb 1 with 3120 viewsSheffdale

Hogan on for GD
Match Thread on 16:21 - Feb 1 with 3075 viewsSheffdale

0-1 - plenty of time for a winning comeback.
Match Thread on 16:35 - Feb 1 with 2956 viewsDale23years

fcuking shit dale poor performance

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match Thread on 16:48 - Feb 1 with 2894 viewsSheffdale

First twenty mins sounded ok but we're paying for early missed chances.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 17:03 - Feb 1 with 2798 views1907

Absolute shite.
Match Thread on 17:06 - Feb 1 with 2780 viewsboromat

Well we can't play well every week.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 1 with 2700 views442Dale

Unfortunately those missed chances by Donnelly cost us. It wasn't a great performance but probably a game we should have got something from. Cannot see any reason why Donnelly started, he can't play that role without a Hogan alongside him

Lund looks a yard off the pace since his return from injury and Hendo had an off day, both are crucial to us. 

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread on 17:25 - Feb 1 with 2616 viewsDaley_Lama

Well played Daggers, closed us down from the cfirst minute.

We looked a bit off the pace all over really, but again that can go down as credit to the opposition.

The GD over the bar one looked a shocker from the TDS but i'm saying it bobbled (from 90 yards away)

D'ath (12) was awesome for them in midfield.

Frustrating defeat but not terminal

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread on 17:27 - Feb 1 with 2587 viewsToffeemanc

Match Thread on 17:14 - Feb 1 by 442Dale

Unfortunately those missed chances by Donnelly cost us. It wasn't a great performance but probably a game we should have got something from. Cannot see any reason why Donnelly started, he can't play that role without a Hogan alongside him

Lund looks a yard off the pace since his return from injury and Hendo had an off day, both are crucial to us. 

Throw in Rose being a waste of a shirt when played in midfield and you have pretty much summed it up for me. For me rose should have been subbed not Vincenti. It seems as somebody else mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Rose can not be subbed. Thought after Donnelly he was the worst player on the pitch today.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match Thread on 17:35 - Feb 1 with 2515 viewsmacro

Lots of poor performances today led by George and followed any number of players

Sorry George your not good enough
Match Thread on 17:42 - Feb 1 with 2443 viewsD_Alien

Another superb performance from O'Connell. Within the space of 30 seconds he was beating his man on the wing and putting in a cross, then making a last-ditch block to prevent an almost certain goal in his own penalty box.

Come to think of it, that sequence of play just about sums us up today. No-one else put in a performance that gave any optimism we can achieve an automatic promotion spot.

Looking at the league table, we'd be hard pressed not to achieve a play off spot but I can't help but feel we've missed a trick in the transfer window by thinking we had enough up front to make a difference against conditions and teams determined to reduce us to their level.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread on 17:47 - Feb 1 with 2383 viewsGhanaDale

We really don't have enough up front!
At no point did Cummins cause any kind of a threat, George Donnelly missed ONE YARD out, Bunney played okay but isn't the player to play against big physical teams.

I would love to see another striker come in on loan when the window opens again.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Match Thread on 17:48 - Feb 1 with 2367 views442Dale

Today, Wimbledon and Fleetwood. All similar games and conditions, all required someone who plays that target man role. We don't need one to be successful long term, but we do need one at times.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread on 17:49 - Feb 1 with 2365 views1907

Wrong formation. At the start of the second half we were crying out for 2 strikers. Hogan gets stripped. Rose was the obvious substitution to link Donnelly and Hogan. And off comes Vincenti. Ridiculous.

Dagenham were crap. We were just that bad we made it so easy for them to look like they were playing a game plan
Match Thread on 17:50 - Feb 1 with 2351 viewsDaleFan7

By far the worst performance at home this season. Donnelly's miss from inside the 6 yard box today and he just wasn't good enough. But neither were a lot of players. Hogan was anonymous almost the whole game when he came on when we were so poor. But I can't help thinking that if he was on from the start we'd have been 2 or 3 up at HT. Replacing a 20+ goal a season striker with a 5 goal striker baffles me and I'd rather see a 20% fit Hogan on.
Match Thread on 17:56 - Feb 1 with 2271 views1907

Henderson is the best winger in the division. Let's play him there. Cannot see why hill is persisting with him down the middle when he becomes totally ineffective.
Match Thread on 18:02 - Feb 1 with 2217 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread on 17:42 - Feb 1 by D_Alien

Another superb performance from O'Connell. Within the space of 30 seconds he was beating his man on the wing and putting in a cross, then making a last-ditch block to prevent an almost certain goal in his own penalty box.

Come to think of it, that sequence of play just about sums us up today. No-one else put in a performance that gave any optimism we can achieve an automatic promotion spot.

Looking at the league table, we'd be hard pressed not to achieve a play off spot but I can't help but feel we've missed a trick in the transfer window by thinking we had enough up front to make a difference against conditions and teams determined to reduce us to their level.

Said months ago we need a big strong target man kind of striker to change things if and when required,tippy tappy flowing football is sometimes not possible due to conditions,opponent,heavy pitches etc.A Lee Thorpe sort of forward would do us just fine this time of year a good old head to mix things up
Match Thread on 18:08 - Feb 1 with 2169 viewsboromat

I actually thought we were totally dominating in the first half and it felt like it was just going to be a matter of time before we scored. D&R were getting really frustrated at not being able to keep the ball or take it off us. Second half we just didn't turn up.

I think the starting eleven and the formation was pretty balanced apart from Rose on the wing. Done was brilliant today especially the first half. I'd like it to be mixed up a bit next game, freshen it up.

I'd play

Lillis
Rafferty Eastham O'Connell Done
JK Lund
Hogan Allen Henderson
Cummins

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread on 18:09 - Feb 1 with 2156 viewsSalwaDale

Just one of those games today. A few players off form and a team who executed their gameplan superbly.

TBBT

Match Thread on 18:12 - Feb 1 with 2129 viewsToffeemanc

Match Thread on 17:56 - Feb 1 by 1907

Henderson is the best winger in the division. Let's play him there. Cannot see why hill is persisting with him down the middle when he becomes totally ineffective.

Totally agree he his best out on the left cutting in where he causes the opposition lots of problems. The move inside is to allow Rose to play on the left of midfield which I think takes a lot away from the attacking side of our game. Rose isn't a midfielder and if Done Is seen as a better left back the Rose should be dropped to the bench, can't see it happening though.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match Thread on 18:14 - Feb 1 with 2103 viewsSalwaDale

Match Thread on 18:12 - Feb 1 by Toffeemanc

Totally agree he his best out on the left cutting in where he causes the opposition lots of problems. The move inside is to allow Rose to play on the left of midfield which I think takes a lot away from the attacking side of our game. Rose isn't a midfielder and if Done Is seen as a better left back the Rose should be dropped to the bench, can't see it happening though.

Have to agree with that. I hope we no longer see a left wing containing both Done and Rose.

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024