Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 2 clubs budgets this season 12:45 - Apr 27 with 19658 viewsrobbowood

Here are some estimates of the budgets for each L2 club this season from various websites and forums. Some obviously won't be right but most should be roughly in the correct region and gives a rough comparison of what we have been up against money wise

It shows what an incredible 'achievement' Hilly, the players, the rest of the staff and the board have done in getting automatic promotion (Accrington Stanley have also performed miracles on their budget)

1. Fleetwood Town £2.1m
2. Chesterfield £1.5m
= Southend United £1.5m
= Bristol Rovers £1.5m
5. Mansfield Town £1.4m
= Plymouth Argyle £1.4m
= Newport County £1.4m
8. Hartlepool United £1.3m
= Oxford United £1.3m
= Northampton Town £1.3m
= Portsmouth £1.3m
= Scunthorpe United £1.3m
= Wycombe Wanderers £1.3m
14. York City £1.25m
15. Cheltenham Town £1.2m
16. Burton Albion £1.1m
= Rochdale £1.1m
= Torquay United £1.1m
19. AFC Wimbledon £1.07m
20. Bury £900,000+
21. Dagenham and Redbridge £800,000
= Exeter City £800,000
= Morecambe £800,000
24. Accrington Stanley £500,000
League 2 clubs budgets this season on 13:21 - Apr 27 with 19534 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill said yesterday that he had achieved this promotion on a smaller budget than last time. Considering the squad he has assembled that is an incredible feat. I think this is a better 'team' than the one that was promoted last time.

Secondly, Fleetwood are proof that trying to 'buy'your way out of the league doesn't necessarily work.

I'd like to see York get the last promotion place via the play-offs. Great place to visit and their second half season performances deserve it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

League 2 clubs budgets this season on 13:23 - Apr 27 with 19520 viewsdale_spotland

Would imagine Bury's is actually a lot more than that with the amount of signings made on a very decent wage. Bury fan at work reckons over 2 million this year.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

League 2 clubs budgets this season on 13:40 - Apr 27 with 19459 viewsNewbury_Dale

No idea on the accuracy of the figures but I'd be surprised if Newport were one of the bigger spenders considering they've come from non-league and dont have that many players with previous league experience.
League 2 clubs budgets this season on 19:07 - Apr 27 with 19274 viewslibertinedreamer

League 2 clubs budgets this season on 13:23 - Apr 27 by dale_spotland

Would imagine Bury's is actually a lot more than that with the amount of signings made on a very decent wage. Bury fan at work reckons over 2 million this year.

I agree with have essentially 3 squads. We are still paying bish and a few others from league one. We had KB famed squad, edge mcdermott etc and now we have flickers squad with players earning a fortune 3k a week plus. Not to mention paying off old staff kb, jeppo and some commercial staff. No way are we just 900k
League 2 clubs budgets this season on 20:10 - Apr 27 with 19114 viewspnc4eva1

League 2 clubs budgets this season on 19:07 - Apr 27 by libertinedreamer

I agree with have essentially 3 squads. We are still paying bish and a few others from league one. We had KB famed squad, edge mcdermott etc and now we have flickers squad with players earning a fortune 3k a week plus. Not to mention paying off old staff kb, jeppo and some commercial staff. No way are we just 900k

got to agree with you for the first time ever Libertine. Heard that one of your players took around 150k - 200k to terminate his contract.

Also seem to remember that one team was paying 98.5% of income on wages and that 3 teams were paying 90% +.

Chris Dunphy is on record as saying that Dale were paying 50.5% of income on wages prior to the leeds clash

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

League 2 clubs budgets this season on 20:11 - Apr 27 with 19099 viewspnc4eva1

Also think that Scunthorpe's will be much higher as they've spent money this year

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

League 2 clubs budgets this season on 20:45 - Apr 27 with 19029 viewsfermin

I find those figures at the top end somewhat unlikely. The difference between us and the top spenders must be a factor of two or three times not virtually the same. At the Dale exiles do the chairman said we had a bottom 6 budget and the other teams at the top were spending a lot more than us - Chesterfield have bigger crowds than us, do well commercially and employ Roberts and Evatt and they are only paying 400k more than us? Oxford are paying about 2k a week to Connolly(?) from Pompey, who are still paying the other 8k, Kitson is on a huge wage according to the Oxford fan I know etc.

Wasn´t our playing wage bill for the last promotion season about 1m? I am trying to remember the accounts. And this time it is less by what I have heard.
League 2 clubs budgets this season on 00:55 - Apr 28 with 18835 viewspioneer

Id like to think Hilly said 'we' (Team Rochdale) as opposed to 'he' had achieved promotion on this budget. I realise you were not necessarily quoting him verbatim.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024