Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Donnelly 12:59 - Apr 27 with 11401 viewsrobbowood

You certainly can't keep George out of the game for whatever reason

Yesterday he made a superb pass to Hendo on the left wing (which enabled Hendo to set up Peter Vincenti for the first goal) and crossed the ball for Hendo to tap-in the second (after Hery's great run)

At Bristol he made the pass which set up Joe Bunney for our first goal and jumped over the ball (intentionally or not!) from Michael Rose's cross to set up Mattie Lund's tap-in for our second goal

Well played George !!!!!
George Donnelly on 07:00 - Apr 28 with 2270 viewsgibraltar_dale

George Donnelly on 20:37 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

As per soccerbase:

With Hogan: P 35, W 17, D 7, L 11. Win percentage 49%
Without: P 17, W 11, D 2, L 4. Win percentage 65%

Conclusion: He's our best striker, but he's not been crucial.

Don't think I've ever seen a top scoring striker in a promotion season or any season for that matter, being described as not crucial... Strange
George Donnelly on 07:01 - Apr 28 with 2270 viewssteofthedale

I wonder whether we could encourage a league 1 striker back "home"?

COG appears to be one of a few players the Barnsley fans would keep.

Just how prolific might Hogan (and George) be with the immense presence of O'Grady up top too.

steofthedale*

George Donnelly on 08:21 - Apr 28 with 2201 viewsJumeirahDale

I would bloody love COG back.

Come on lad - you know you want to work with Hilly again!
George Donnelly on 11:03 - Apr 28 with 2096 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I like George, he's got all the running and physical attribute to lead the line. COG had it + the goals which George doesnt.

I'd expect he will be with us next season, leading the line alongside Scott Hogan would be exciting.

Just wondering if we will bulk up in defence with an older head to support the young lads.

Tweaks for the starting 11 but certainly depth needed in the squad.
George Donnelly on 11:33 - Apr 28 with 2060 viewsTalkingSutty

George Donnelly on 11:03 - Apr 28 by Albert_Whitehurst

I like George, he's got all the running and physical attribute to lead the line. COG had it + the goals which George doesnt.

I'd expect he will be with us next season, leading the line alongside Scott Hogan would be exciting.

Just wondering if we will bulk up in defence with an older head to support the young lads.

What about putting in a cheeky offer for Dagnall, he might fancy a move back North.
George Donnelly on 11:42 - Apr 28 with 2033 viewsBrighouseDale

I personally don't feel we should be looking to older players from the glory days to come back and help us out. Look what we've achieved this season with an overwhelmingly young team, we don't need COG, Dagnall, Le Fondre, etc*. I trust Hill implicitly to find anyone we need from the Portakabins of under 18s Sunday League.

*Rickie Lambert on the other hand...

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

George Donnelly on 15:02 - Apr 28 with 1941 views442Dale

George Donnelly on 11:03 - Apr 28 by Albert_Whitehurst

COG didn't just have goals added on. He was also the perfect forward no matter which formation we played because he had the footballing brain to adapt to a 90 minute or individual one-off situation.

Hogan and Donnelly only really played together centrally early on and, unless we sacrifice a midfielder or Hogan plays wide, it's not likely they will be together much in L1.

A centre forward should be the main target this summer. Not necessarily a big bloke to hold it up, but a mobile target man who has the tactical sense and footballing ability of an O'Grady or a Murray.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

George Donnelly on 15:07 - Apr 28 with 1916 viewsSaxonDale

George Donnelly on 15:02 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

COG didn't just have goals added on. He was also the perfect forward no matter which formation we played because he had the footballing brain to adapt to a 90 minute or individual one-off situation.

Hogan and Donnelly only really played together centrally early on and, unless we sacrifice a midfielder or Hogan plays wide, it's not likely they will be together much in L1.

A centre forward should be the main target this summer. Not necessarily a big bloke to hold it up, but a mobile target man who has the tactical sense and footballing ability of an O'Grady or a Murray.

Agreed, regardless of whether we manage to keep Hogan I think the starting XI from last Saturday with a forward in the Cog mould instead of Donnelly would more than hold their own in League 1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024