Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Cannon 16:22 - Sep 5 with 12111 viewsfermin

Some of you may remember that in the 1980s at a shareholder meeting a teenager told Tommy Cannon that he didn't own any shares in his own name and therefore couldn't sell off Spotland to line his own pockets (I think I have the story right). This almost certainly saved the club from oblivion. Anyway, I did not realise until yesterday that this teenager, Edward Lord, had gone into public life until I saw this article in the Telegraph about FA discrimination policies (about two-thirds of the way down):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/11073916/Edward-Lord-attacks-FA-o

To think I got Tommy Cannon to sign my programme once (could even have been this one):

http://www.comedykings.co.uk/index.php/other/sport/rochdale-fc
Tommy Cannon on 16:35 - Sep 5 with 11027 viewselectricblue

As fans in 2014 we owe a lot to edward long....
Didnt killie n co cough up something in the region of £250k to get shot of cannon....
Dark days indeed......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Tommy Cannon on 19:23 - Sep 5 with 10741 viewsmodelboydave

Read an article about them in the daily express a few weeks ago, dale get a little mention

https://newhub.shafaqna.com/EN/UK/1507826_

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Tommy Cannon on 19:27 - Sep 5 with 10733 viewsmodelboydave

A better link

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/497350/Cannon-and-Ball-Bankrupt-Fortune-1m

Tommy Cannon on 17:47 - Jan 19 with 9516 viewsBURYFC_1885

So without the lucky intervention of a teenager, Dale would have 'almost certainly' folded at the hands of Tommy Cannon?

Interesting. I thought I'd been told that Dale fans have all the answers. On this evidence it seems not.
Tommy Cannon on 17:53 - Jan 19 with 9483 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Sure I read recently that Cannon has gone bankrupt. Serves him right just for those stipid self publicising program cover alone!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Tommy Cannon on 17:54 - Jan 19 with 9479 viewsMoonyDale

Tommy Cannon on 17:47 - Jan 19 by BURYFC_1885

So without the lucky intervention of a teenager, Dale would have 'almost certainly' folded at the hands of Tommy Cannon?

Interesting. I thought I'd been told that Dale fans have all the answers. On this evidence it seems not.

We certainly have more answers than your lot down the road, what exactly have you done? Bugger all....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Tommy Cannon on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 9459 viewsRAFCBLUE

No luck about it my bury supporting chum.

We spotted a chancer. So skilful was our chancer spotting that was within the capability of a young teenager, amongst others

We also think we spotted a chancer currently at your club.

Care to guess who?

Amazing how we are the only ones who can see it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Tommy Cannon on 18:52 - Jan 19 with 9279 viewsmodelboydave

Has anyone ever seen Cannon at any Dale match since he left in 1988?

Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Cannon on 19:47 - Jan 19 with 9106 viewsYadHoDale

Tommy Cannon on 18:52 - Jan 19 by modelboydave

Has anyone ever seen Cannon at any Dale match since he left in 1988?

Scored against Gillingham the other day.... :-)
Tommy Cannon on 19:50 - Jan 19 with 9094 viewsjudd

How was he or we lucky?

What has age got to do with it?

Desperately weak response

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tommy Cannon on 20:32 - Jan 19 with 8991 viewsBURYFC_1885

Tommy Cannon on 19:50 - Jan 19 by judd

How was he or we lucky?

What has age got to do with it?

Desperately weak response

Well the OP implies that without that one fan, you'd have folded. That is lucky, no?
Tommy Cannon on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 8941 viewsjudd

Tommy Cannon on 20:32 - Jan 19 by BURYFC_1885

Well the OP implies that without that one fan, you'd have folded. That is lucky, no?

Ever heard of research? Due diligence? Intelligence? That it only took one fan to disrupt the meeting does not imply luck at all. Far from it.

By the way, I do read your board and I do like your style on there.

Tommy Cannon on 21:04 - Jan 19 with 8922 viewsBURYFC_1885

Tommy Cannon on 20:54 - Jan 19 by judd

Ever heard of research? Due diligence? Intelligence? That it only took one fan to disrupt the meeting does not imply luck at all. Far from it.

By the way, I do read your board and I do like your style on there.

The style of whom?

I rarely post on Bury's board these days.
Tommy Cannon on 21:19 - Jan 19 with 8878 viewschalkyncfc

I can still remember years ago seeing Cannon in a bar and he was getting a right verbal pasting from a Dale fan over something,I thought that he made made jokes about the club or summat and was getting his own back,I had no idea that he was the owner of Rochdale and I'm presuming not a welcome one
Tommy Cannon on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 8850 viewsjudd

Tommy Cannon on 21:04 - Jan 19 by BURYFC_1885

The style of whom?

I rarely post on Bury's board these days.

I stand corrected. Mixed you up with another shaker. Apologies

Tommy Cannon on 21:36 - Jan 19 with 8837 viewskel

Tommy Cannon on 21:19 - Jan 19 by chalkyncfc

I can still remember years ago seeing Cannon in a bar and he was getting a right verbal pasting from a Dale fan over something,I thought that he made made jokes about the club or summat and was getting his own back,I had no idea that he was the owner of Rochdale and I'm presuming not a welcome one

Fu­ck off Chalky.
Tommy Cannon on 10:46 - Jan 20 with 8447 viewschalkyncfc

Tommy Cannon on 21:36 - Jan 19 by kel

Fu­ck off Chalky.

You should be 'over there' kel sorting it out,its all but dead now

Hang your hands in shame lad
Tommy Cannon on 11:32 - Jan 20 with 8338 viewsEllDale

I always used to have this suspicion that Cannon originally got on the Dale board (or accepted an invitation to do so) because Bobby Ball got on Hornets board a year or so earlier. Keeping up with the Jones if you like. I mean they're both from Oldham so really should be Latics fans?

Hornets were going quite well at the time and Bobby used to milk it in "Braces" as a result.
Tommy Cannon on 16:06 - Jan 20 with 8188 views1mark1

Tommy Cannon on 11:32 - Jan 20 by EllDale

I always used to have this suspicion that Cannon originally got on the Dale board (or accepted an invitation to do so) because Bobby Ball got on Hornets board a year or so earlier. Keeping up with the Jones if you like. I mean they're both from Oldham so really should be Latics fans?

Hornets were going quite well at the time and Bobby used to milk it in "Braces" as a result.

It was far better when it was Nell Rackers than Braces, in my opinion.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Tommy Cannon on 17:23 - Jun 7 with 4219 viewsboromat

It's before my time but everywhere I look online it says Tommy Cannon bought RAFC but then also that he was voted off the board of directors in the end so how much of RAFC did he own?

This has come about from this tweet from an expert of fan ownership. The 'supposedly' annoyed me and then got me thinking haven't we always been fan owned? Or at least fan owned to a certain extent.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Tommy Cannon on 19:01 - Jun 7 with 3958 viewspioneer

Tommy Cannon on 17:23 - Jun 7 by boromat

It's before my time but everywhere I look online it says Tommy Cannon bought RAFC but then also that he was voted off the board of directors in the end so how much of RAFC did he own?

This has come about from this tweet from an expert of fan ownership. The 'supposedly' annoyed me and then got me thinking haven't we always been fan owned? Or at least fan owned to a certain extent.

All depends on how you define the term ‘fan owned’.
Tommy Cannon on 07:29 - Jun 8 with 3526 viewsseasidedale

If I remember rightly, once the resolution to sell the ground failed he resigned, the debt were large and a big cost cut began, I don’t think that Cannon was bought out, I don’t think he had many shares
Tommy Cannon on 10:27 - Jun 8 with 3379 viewsSandyman

Tommy Cannon on 07:29 - Jun 8 by seasidedale

If I remember rightly, once the resolution to sell the ground failed he resigned, the debt were large and a big cost cut began, I don’t think that Cannon was bought out, I don’t think he had many shares

Was this the occasion when a young Edward Lord disputed Cannon's authority as Chairman as it was Cannon's wife who owned RAFC shares, not him?
Tommy Cannon on 11:22 - Jun 8 with 3300 viewsjudd

Tommy Cannon on 10:27 - Jun 8 by Sandyman

Was this the occasion when a young Edward Lord disputed Cannon's authority as Chairman as it was Cannon's wife who owned RAFC shares, not him?

Yes

Tommy Cannon on 13:06 - Jun 8 with 3175 viewsseasidedale

Yes,it was
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024