Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dawson not in U-21 squad 12:16 - Oct 2 with 3046 viewsJumeirahDale

Hopefully a full call-up on the cards, but I'm not holding my breath!

OR it's because he's not been eligible since May! #idiotedit
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 12:18]
Dawson not in U-21 squad on 12:57 - Oct 2 with 2938 viewsdingdangblue

He's 24. Far too soon I imagine but if he keeps playing well and West Brom play well also, Im sure he'll be in contention. Next 2 games for Baggies are Liverpool and Man Utd so that's a good test for him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dawson not in U-21 squad on 14:20 - Oct 2 with 2775 viewsrod_leach

Him looking good against top class opposition would help. You can't really judge his international potential against Burnley. they've not scored since the first game of the season. I think he may be a bit slow for international football. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Dawson not in U-21 squad on 14:32 - Oct 2 with 2746 viewsdingdangblue

Dawson not in U-21 squad on 14:20 - Oct 2 by rod_leach

Him looking good against top class opposition would help. You can't really judge his international potential against Burnley. they've not scored since the first game of the season. I think he may be a bit slow for international football. Happy to be proved wrong though.

He played superb in the 1-0 win at Tottenham also. Yes he's not the quickest but sometimes being a good defender and reading the game well can make up for that. Steve Bruce, Tony Adams, John Terry are examples this. Also Carlos Puyol at Barca.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Dawson not in U-21 squad on 17:50 - Oct 2 with 2569 viewsfinberty

Sadly Roy, who managed him at WBA (did he actually sign him from Dale?) thinks that Jagielka is a better bet.
What would be disappointing would be to skip over the Dawson / Caulker pairing that did well for the U21s and move to the next offerings from the bigger clubs. It's already started with reliance on Man U's rocky defence (Jones, Smalling) and now there's interest in blooding Stones from Everton.
Pace cannot be everything, because it wouldn't explain other recent centre backs like John Terry or Tony Adams.
Dawson not in U-21 squad on 19:28 - Oct 2 with 2468 viewsdingdangblue

Dawson not in U-21 squad on 17:50 - Oct 2 by finberty

Sadly Roy, who managed him at WBA (did he actually sign him from Dale?) thinks that Jagielka is a better bet.
What would be disappointing would be to skip over the Dawson / Caulker pairing that did well for the U21s and move to the next offerings from the bigger clubs. It's already started with reliance on Man U's rocky defence (Jones, Smalling) and now there's interest in blooding Stones from Everton.
Pace cannot be everything, because it wouldn't explain other recent centre backs like John Terry or Tony Adams.

The England team will be Gary Cahill + one other for the next few years. Hodgson has had a look at Shawcross and Caulker already so can't see any reason why Dawson won't get a chance if he carries on his current form. Di Matteo signed Dawson for the Baggies before Roy took over. I think Hodgson gave Craig his debut in the Premier league though?

Dawson not in U-21 squad on 23:25 - Oct 2 with 2355 viewsAtThePeake

Dawson was man of the match against Spurs and rightly so - although they're far from top level opposition at the moment.

Would argue that Jagielka will only be starting due to Phil Jones' injury. If Jones can get settled at CB under LVG for United then I'm confident he'll go on to be a starter with Cahill - as he was in Switzerland. For what it's worth he was my MOTM in Switzerland, I know Cahill got it on the telly but as far as I could tell he was the leader at the back and was excellent until he got his injury.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024