Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middle Hill, Wardle 18:12 - Nov 5 with 2098 viewsfinberty

Not football related, obviously.
Anyone know what's happened to the top of Middle Hill, up behind Wardle?
It's been changing shape for about the last three months, but I only see it from a distance.
New windfarm?
Aliens?
New ground for Bury FC?

As I can't yet be bothered to get up there myself, can anyone save me the effort please?

Middle Hill, Wardle on 18:49 - Nov 5 with 1982 viewsDickydaler

I may be wrong but I think they have re opened the quarry for road stone for the tracks to the new wind farm turbines. It does look a bit of a mess doesn't it? A bit like a mohican cut on top of the hill! I stand corrected if someone else knows any different.
Middle Hill, Wardle on 19:05 - Nov 5 with 1925 viewsHuddersdale1

Only come over to L'boro infrequently and it has attracted my attention as well. Are they pre-empting planning permission for more masts or have they already got it?
Middle Hill, Wardle on 19:10 - Nov 5 with 1903 viewsDomDale

Blimey, I live here and I haven't noticed this. Slower pace of life out in the sticks

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Middle Hill, Wardle on 19:11 - Nov 5 with 1897 viewsfinberty

Thanks for the info.
Feared it would be something like that. It'll keep Ed Davey and the low carbon people happy. Ignoring the diesel fumes of the excavators and the massive loss of peat, obviously - that doesn't count!

I hope they restore the profile at some stage. It used to be an attractive skyline - Brown Wardle, Middle Hill and Hades Hill all in a row. As you say, one of them now sporting a Mohican. Just doesn't look right any more.

Mystery solved. Thanks.
Middle Hill, Wardle on 20:03 - Nov 5 with 1780 viewsArthurDaley

Like the Eva Braun avatar.

A large VAT Dave

Middle Hill, Wardle on 21:25 - Nov 5 with 1689 viewsD_Alien

You used to be able to look at Brown Wardle from near the town centre (e.g. from Broadfield Park where I used to play as a kid) and imagine it as a woman's breast in profile

Not any more. Unless you like whirling tassles.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024