Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin Andrew 17:24 - Nov 29 with 7210 viewsJimmyRustler

Is it in his contract that he has to come on? There was absolutely no need for him to be involved today (or at anytime this season for that matter).
Calvin Andrew on 17:27 - Nov 29 with 4750 viewsdale_spotland

Disagree, I thought he should of come on sooner, at 0-1.

Muldoon could play against those defenders for weeks and not get a sniff, something needed to change. Our only attacking outlet was tanser, every cross was a low one with our small front line, putting Andrew on offers something we didn't have.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Calvin Andrew on 17:30 - Nov 29 with 4722 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin Andrew on 17:27 - Nov 29 by dale_spotland

Muldoon could play against those defenders for weeks and not get a sniff, something needed to change. Our only attacking outlet was tanser, every cross was a low one with our small front line, putting Andrew on offers something we didn't have.

I think Muldoon won more headers than Andrew today than the latter has all season. Andrew's hardly an aerial threat is he?
Calvin Andrew on 17:34 - Nov 29 with 4680 viewsrich_dale

The missing link this season is a quality no 9, a COG-like player who can be the focal point for attacks and give the front line a bit of edge and presence. We do have good, pacy forwards that can hurt the opposition on the break but you need a COG or Glen Murray type of player especially at home when teams sit back. It's no coincidence we're more effective away from home. Andrew is a trying player and seems a nice lad but not the answer - it seemed like a strange signing from the start, he looks a bit like the odd one out at times and doesn't fit our playing style.
Calvin Andrew on 17:42 - Nov 29 with 4644 viewsrichfoad32

Calvin Andrew on 17:34 - Nov 29 by rich_dale

The missing link this season is a quality no 9, a COG-like player who can be the focal point for attacks and give the front line a bit of edge and presence. We do have good, pacy forwards that can hurt the opposition on the break but you need a COG or Glen Murray type of player especially at home when teams sit back. It's no coincidence we're more effective away from home. Andrew is a trying player and seems a nice lad but not the answer - it seemed like a strange signing from the start, he looks a bit like the odd one out at times and doesn't fit our playing style.

So what changes would you have made then? Or would you have kept things like they were as it was obviously working so well. Andrew may not be the answer but to start a thread slagging him off when he barely got a ten minute run out (again) today, just seems uncalled for.
Calvin Andrew on 17:43 - Nov 29 with 4617 viewsrichfoad32

Sorry, reply above was just meant to be an addition to the thread, not a direct response to rich_dale.
Calvin Andrew on 17:52 - Nov 29 with 4547 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin Andrew on 17:42 - Nov 29 by richfoad32

So what changes would you have made then? Or would you have kept things like they were as it was obviously working so well. Andrew may not be the answer but to start a thread slagging him off when he barely got a ten minute run out (again) today, just seems uncalled for.

Whatever the question, Andrew is not the answer. Literally any other attacking player would have been more effective. Cannon had a good game midweek, how about him?
Calvin Andrew on 18:29 - Nov 29 with 4449 viewsirisaln

Calvin Andrew on 17:52 - Nov 29 by JimmyRustler

Whatever the question, Andrew is not the answer. Literally any other attacking player would have been more effective. Cannon had a good game midweek, how about him?

Done became a striker.

Why not try Lancashire?

I believe he has played there in the past.

He's doing nowt on the bench.
Calvin Andrew on 19:03 - Nov 29 with 4348 viewsdalefan1uk

Calvin Andrew on 17:42 - Nov 29 by richfoad32

I would have had Joe Bunney on the bench instead, that lad wears his heart on his sleeve and is being kept off the bench by Andrews and Cannon (REALLY!!!) Rueben was out thought and outclassed today.
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin Andrew on 19:08 - Nov 29 with 4316 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin Andrew on 19:03 - Nov 29 by dalefan1uk

I would have had Joe Bunney on the bench instead, that lad wears his heart on his sleeve and is being kept off the bench by Andrews and Cannon (REALLY!!!) Rueben was out thought and outclassed today.

Bunney is as ineffective as Andrew and weighs about 4 stone. I don't see the lad making it at this level.
Calvin Andrew on 20:52 - Nov 29 with 4170 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Calvin Andrew on 17:27 - Nov 29 by dale_spotland

Tanser's crosses never beat the first man.......easily cleared by their carthorse defenders.
Calvin Andrew on 21:11 - Nov 29 with 4121 viewsstuartcryer

Not league one standard

wardle blue

Calvin Andrew on 21:14 - Nov 29 with 4099 viewsrochdale1987

Calvin Andrew on 19:03 - Nov 29 by dalefan1uk

Joe Bunneys recent outing as a sub at Northampton where he was subbed back off summed up his season. Very poor and as for wearing his heart on his sleeve I don't think he has this season. We need to sign a decent forward.
Calvin Andrew on 21:21 - Nov 29 with 4071 viewsstuartcryer

We need a forward that will scare defences today Oldham looked strong defensively but was that due to us being weak offensively

wardle blue

Calvin Andrew on 21:22 - Nov 29 with 4066 viewsdalebolt

Calvin Andrew on 21:14 - Nov 29 by rochdale1987

Joe Bunneys recent outing as a sub at Northampton where he was subbed back off summed up his season. Very poor and as for wearing his heart on his sleeve I don't think he has this season. We need to sign a decent forward.

Get Donelley back on loan
Calvin Andrew on 20:55 - Dec 26 with 3783 viewsstuartcryer

Calvin Andrew on 21:22 - Nov 29 by dalebolt

Get Donelley back on loan

Yes at least he tried cannot see what Andrews gives at all

wardle blue

Calvin Andrew on 20:57 - Dec 26 with 3761 views442Dale

Calvin Andrew on 20:55 - Dec 26 by stuartcryer

Yes at least he tried cannot see what Andrews gives at all

Didn't see him today, but he came on, did well and set up Done's third v Aldershot last week.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin Andrew on 21:08 - Dec 26 with 3703 viewsTalkingSutty

Calvin Andrew on 20:57 - Dec 26 by 442Dale

Didn't see him today, but he came on, did well and set up Done's third v Aldershot last week.

Well Andrew came off the bench today and for some reason was played out on the wing, he did ok and it seems that some fans have it in for the lad no matter what. Hilly decides what position Calvin will play so maybe we should be questioning the managers logic in playing him out on the wing, just a thought.
Calvin Andrew on 21:16 - Dec 26 with 3668 viewsroccydaleian

Calvin Andrew on 21:08 - Dec 26 by TalkingSutty

Well Andrew came off the bench today and for some reason was played out on the wing, he did ok and it seems that some fans have it in for the lad no matter what. Hilly decides what position Calvin will play so maybe we should be questioning the managers logic in playing him out on the wing, just a thought.

Fair comment! You still owe me a hundred quid though
Calvin Andrew on 21:37 - Dec 26 with 3613 viewsTalkingSutty

Calvin Andrew on 21:16 - Dec 26 by roccydaleian

Fair comment! You still owe me a hundred quid though

I loved the way you kept a straight face whilst trying to justify the bar prices in the Ratcliffe Arms, Roccydalian the official club apologist.

Factor in the entrance fee, price of a programme and a pint in the Ratcliffe and it all adds up,
Calvin Andrew on 21:46 - Dec 26 with 3579 viewstazzydjr

I have faith some Tranmere type Club will come in for during January he's scored on Crawley and Crewe

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Calvin Andrew on 21:58 - Dec 26 with 3547 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin Andrew on 21:37 - Dec 26 by TalkingSutty

I loved the way you kept a straight face whilst trying to justify the bar prices in the Ratcliffe Arms, Roccydalian the official club apologist.

Factor in the entrance fee, price of a programme and a pint in the Ratcliffe and it all adds up,

Nice to see roccy got another of those polo shirts for Christmas this year.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin Andrew on 22:02 - Dec 26 with 3524 viewsTalkingSutty

Calvin Andrew on 21:58 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

I reckon there will be a selfie of him and the Ratcliffe bar manager appearing soon, wouldn't bet against him making the official team photo in 2015😀
Calvin Andrew on 22:03 - Dec 26 with 3520 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin Andrew on 22:02 - Dec 26 by TalkingSutty

I reckon there will be a selfie of him and the Ratcliffe bar manager appearing soon, wouldn't bet against him making the official team photo in 2015😀

Or him and Nathan Stanton....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin Andrew on 22:04 - Dec 26 with 3519 viewsroccydaleian

Calvin Andrew on 21:58 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

Not whore my new one today pal, my new one will be on show on Sunday. And it doesn't change the fact TS OWE'S ME A HUNDRED QUID
Calvin Andrew on 22:11 - Dec 26 with 3478 viewsTalkingSutty

Calvin Andrew on 22:04 - Dec 26 by roccydaleian

Not whore my new one today pal, my new one will be on show on Sunday. And it doesn't change the fact TS OWE'S ME A HUNDRED QUID

Well I have just double checked the "Price of beer at Rochdale FC thread" on page 2 and still can't see where I have attacked you. Disagreeing with you comes easily to me though so maybe that's caused the confusion. Now hand over the money and stop renaiging on a bet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024