Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting Read 19:36 - Dec 2 with 7769 viewsnordenblue

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2857839/Town-Rochdale-asylum-seekers-Sou

Good to see money well spent
Interesting Read on 19:47 - Dec 2 with 4992 viewsDomDale

Typical Daily Mail article.

It is "wrong" that a town should be sharing more of the burden than a whole region, the most populous region of the UK too.

But the backlash from this has been fantastic. 680 people out of a population of 95,000 is F All. Asylum seekers are live in the UK legitimately.

The problem is illegal immigration. You cannot be an illegal asylum seeker.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Interesting Read on 19:53 - Dec 2 with 4974 viewsnordenblue

Interesting Read on 19:47 - Dec 2 by DomDale

It is "wrong" that a town should be sharing more of the burden than a whole region, the most populous region of the UK too.

But the backlash from this has been fantastic. 680 people out of a population of 95,000 is F All. Asylum seekers are live in the UK legitimately.

680 additional people is quite a large strain id say to a local health system already bursting with the strain of constant closures and cuts, just to mention one down side
Interesting Read on 19:59 - Dec 2 with 4937 viewsDomDale

Interesting Read on 19:53 - Dec 2 by nordenblue

680 additional people is quite a large strain id say to a local health system already bursting with the strain of constant closures and cuts, just to mention one down side

So 680 people will all require NHS assistance? Rochdale might not be the most developed place on earth but standards are better than the 3rd world. I'd say Mr Asylum is less likely to become I'll here. Remember not all seekers get granted a permanent stay and if they do they're put into the labour market like every one else.

I don't agree somewhere like Rochdale should have a higher share of the burden. The town is full of folk who choose not to work, let alone adding those who are not allowed.
Also fuqs me off that the Daily Mail ALWAYS has to pick on Rochdale. Just search the towns name on there, nothing but negativity. Fails to mention Bolton , a similar sized local town, has a greater number of asylum seekers.

Wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Interesting Read on 19:59 - Dec 2 with 4937 viewsArthurDaley

And adding to it daily. Take a walk around Falinge and see how many of our black immigrant friends have at least 3/4 kids under 5. They have never contributed to the NHS.

A large VAT Dave

Interesting Read on 20:10 - Dec 2 with 4882 viewsnordenblue

Interesting Read on 19:59 - Dec 2 by DomDale

So 680 people will all require NHS assistance? Rochdale might not be the most developed place on earth but standards are better than the 3rd world. I'd say Mr Asylum is less likely to become I'll here. Remember not all seekers get granted a permanent stay and if they do they're put into the labour market like every one else.

I don't agree somewhere like Rochdale should have a higher share of the burden. The town is full of folk who choose not to work, let alone adding those who are not allowed.
Also fuqs me off that the Daily Mail ALWAYS has to pick on Rochdale. Just search the towns name on there, nothing but negativity. Fails to mention Bolton , a similar sized local town, has a greater number of asylum seekers.

Wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag.

They wont all require treatment at the same time admittedly but they are sure as night turns into day going to make the most of all the free facilities.
Your a touch out if you think Boltons a similar size to Rochdale too, its far bigger.Agree the papers shit though
Interesting Read on 20:11 - Dec 2 with 4879 viewsisitme

Interesting Read on 19:47 - Dec 2 by DomDale

I would argue that town's/cities with lower unemployment and that have the ability to provide better services would afford them a better chance at a decent life than being dumped in Falinge flats.

If your asylum request has been refused then you are an illegal asylum seeker. One of the 'Rochdale 9' was someone whose asylum request had been refused yet he had not been deported.

One thing I do not understand about asylum seekers is why they would trek hundreds of miles through a number of safe countries to come to the UK when often they have no ties to this country.

The point that is often missed with immigration is that the vast majority of people are not against individual immigrants or their families but it is a pure numbers game. You mention asylum seekers but factor in other immigrants and the figure increases to the thousands.

Drop a few hundred children who cannot speak English into local primary schools and it creates issues. Add a couple of thousand people to local GPs patients lists and it causes longer waits for appointments, especially if the majority live in the same area. Other services such as social housing become even more stretched. Wages for the lowest paid in society get even lower as businesses, illegally will offer wages to some immigrants that they will accept.

Now if 5,000 scrotes who contribute little to society were to abducted by aliens I would be happy for them to be replaced by Poles, Lithuanians, Nigerians, Pakistanis etc who want to contribute to society. Unfortunately poor areas, such as Rochdale cannot absorb more and more people, especially those with circumstances we cannot even adequately provide for.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:19]
Interesting Read on 20:14 - Dec 2 with 4866 viewsnordenblue

Interesting Read on 20:11 - Dec 2 by isitme

I would argue that town's/cities with lower unemployment and that have the ability to provide better services would afford them a better chance at a decent life than being dumped in Falinge flats.

If your asylum request has been refused then you are an illegal asylum seeker. One of the 'Rochdale 9' was someone whose asylum request had been refused yet he had not been deported.

One thing I do not understand about asylum seekers is why they would trek hundreds of miles through a number of safe countries to come to the UK when often they have no ties to this country.

The point that is often missed with immigration is that the vast majority of people are not against individual immigrants or their families but it is a pure numbers game. You mention asylum seekers but factor in other immigrants and the figure increases to the thousands.

Drop a few hundred children who cannot speak English into local primary schools and it creates issues. Add a couple of thousand people to local GPs patients lists and it causes longer waits for appointments, especially if the majority live in the same area. Other services such as social housing become even more stretched. Wages for the lowest paid in society get even lower as businesses, illegally will offer wages to some immigrants that they will accept.

Now if 5,000 scrotes who contribute little to society were to abducted by aliens I would be happy for them to be replaced by Poles, Lithuanians, Nigerians, Pakistanis etc who want to contribute to society. Unfortunately poor areas, such as Rochdale cannot absorb more and more people, especially those with circumstances we cannot even adequately provide for.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2014 20:19]

Very good post
Interesting Read on 20:30 - Dec 2 with 4819 viewsrod_leach

Interesting Read on 19:59 - Dec 2 by ArthurDaley

And adding to it daily. Take a walk around Falinge and see how many of our black immigrant friends have at least 3/4 kids under 5. They have never contributed to the NHS.

Give it a few years and their kids may be treating you when you go to hospital.
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting Read on 20:52 - Dec 2 with 4778 viewsKenBoon

It's probably easy for the government to put Asylum Seekers in a town they'll never win at an election, than amongst their strong seats and certainly marginal seats. Many of the Flood Defences announced today are in Tory marginal seats.
Interesting Read on 21:04 - Dec 2 with 4739 viewsBrierls

Those figures are skewed by the number of Oldham fans in the home stands on Saturday.
Interesting Read on 22:49 - Dec 2 with 4650 viewsArthurDaley

Interesting Read on 20:30 - Dec 2 by rod_leach

Give it a few years and their kids may be treating you when you go to hospital.

No they wont, 65 now. will be dead by the time I am 70.

A large VAT Dave

Interesting Read on 12:36 - Dec 3 with 4479 viewsAtThePeake

Suggesting an extra 680 people in a borough of 95,000 extra people will put a strain on the local health system is akin to suggesting an extra two people on the gate at Dale would put a strain on the refreshment stall workers.

Tangled up in blue.

Interesting Read on 12:42 - Dec 3 with 4471 viewsnordenblue

Interesting Read on 12:36 - Dec 3 by AtThePeake

Suggesting an extra 680 people in a borough of 95,000 extra people will put a strain on the local health system is akin to suggesting an extra two people on the gate at Dale would put a strain on the refreshment stall workers.

The government feel it would be a sufficient strain as to not house them in the 8 counties down south but instead pile them all in Rochdale, id suggest you comparison is a mildly ridiculous
Interesting Read on 13:13 - Dec 3 with 4436 viewsAtThePeake

Interesting Read on 12:42 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

The government feel it would be a sufficient strain as to not house them in the 8 counties down south but instead pile them all in Rochdale, id suggest you comparison is a mildly ridiculous

I'm not suggesting that Rochdale should be housing such a large percentage and I think it's wrong that it has worked out this way but numbers-wise, my comparison works.

Tangled up in blue.

Interesting Read on 13:44 - Dec 3 with 4398 viewsrod_leach

Interesting Read on 12:42 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

That's not the reason they've been housed up here and you, surely, know it.
Interesting Read on 15:11 - Dec 3 with 4357 viewsPorlicks

An immigrant-free Rochdale would cease to function. The town is economically unviable without a steady influx of people creating jobs and spending money. Unless these people exist on air....

As an aside, would some people object to local people having more babies and putting extra strain on the local services?

Or we can go back to an old favourite...How do we get them to support Dale?

Who are YOU with?

Interesting Read on 15:27 - Dec 3 with 4349 viewsR17ALE

Interesting and depressing in equal measure for me. Assuming they arrive in Dover, it does seem odd that any end up in Rochdale.

It's supposed to be one of the worst places to live so you think they'd choose somewhere else. Therefore someone is diverting some of them here, and I haven't got a clue why. And from reading a recent Ob, our MP has raised concerns in Parliament too as he doesn't know why either!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Interesting Read on 15:45 - Dec 3 with 4321 viewsD_Alien

Interesting Read on 15:27 - Dec 3 by R17ALE

Interesting and depressing in equal measure for me. Assuming they arrive in Dover, it does seem odd that any end up in Rochdale.

It's supposed to be one of the worst places to live so you think they'd choose somewhere else. Therefore someone is diverting some of them here, and I haven't got a clue why. And from reading a recent Ob, our MP has raised concerns in Parliament too as he doesn't know why either!

Maybe they've seen pictures of his missus and think this is the town of milk and honey?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Interesting Read on 15:51 - Dec 3 with 4314 viewsnordenblue

Interesting Read on 13:44 - Dec 3 by rod_leach

That's not the reason they've been housed up here and you, surely, know it.

You obviously know more than the MP for the area so please do tell as he's at a loss why and how so many have ended up in Rochdale?
Interesting Read on 16:11 - Dec 3 with 4296 viewsnordenblue

Interesting Read on 13:13 - Dec 3 by AtThePeake

I'm not suggesting that Rochdale should be housing such a large percentage and I think it's wrong that it has worked out this way but numbers-wise, my comparison works.

Your comparison is miles out,2 people on our average gate (3535) is 0.05%, an influx of 680 people to the town is 0.7% so technically 14 times larger as a percentage.
Interesting Read on 16:21 - Dec 3 with 4284 viewsirisaln

Interesting Read on 15:51 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

You obviously know more than the MP for the area so please do tell as he's at a loss why and how so many have ended up in Rochdale?

It is my understanding that the more immigrants that come to the town, the more government grants the council receive.
Interesting Read on 16:32 - Dec 3 with 4276 viewsD_Alien

Interesting Read on 12:36 - Dec 3 by AtThePeake

It's really not just a question of numbers or percentages though ATP

The majority of those who arrive on our shores are often very troubled people. Many will have multiple health issues, language problems, fear of authority. Many will have been persecuted, tortured even - they may well have mental health issues in addition to their physical condition which on arrival is likely to be poor.

Put all those factors into your equation and multiply the demands on local services by 10.

[Post edited 3 Dec 2014 16:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Interesting Read on 17:30 - Dec 3 with 4211 viewsrod_leach

Interesting Read on 15:51 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

No I don't. I do know it's not because of the strain it would put on councils elsewhere though because it wouldn't.
Interesting Read on 18:01 - Dec 3 with 4176 viewsoff2div1

Interesting Read on 19:59 - Dec 2 by ArthurDaley

You know that do you?
Interesting Read on 18:24 - Dec 3 with 4155 viewsnordenblue

Interesting Read on 17:30 - Dec 3 by rod_leach

No I don't. I do know it's not because of the strain it would put on councils elsewhere though because it wouldn't.

How can additional people not cause an additional strain?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024