Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diving 08:23 - Dec 16 with 3916 viewsKenBoon

The wally with a brolly is talking sense
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30490517

Diving is cheating and basically brings the game into disrepute. Stop it at the top levels and you stop it everywhere. Fans should play their part too. The recent Scotland vs England game saw very little of it because they knew the fans wouldn't stand for it. I'd say the fans demanded their players played like Men, but having seen some Women's football, they seem to have a better grasp of staying on their feet.

No more "could have..." to justify diving. If you're not touched, or don't have to take major evasive action to avoid a rash challenge, then you are diving. You are cheating and your actions affect the final result, which brings the game into disrepute.
Diving on 08:54 - Dec 16 with 3889 viewsTommoRAFC

If they can afford a dubious goals panel then they can afford a diving/simulation panel... 3 match ban for every dive, problem will be solved overnight!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Diving on 17:13 - Dec 17 with 3674 viewsmingthemerciless

I couldn't agree more. Retrospective bans for divers would cut it out in a fortnight. Diving is a cancer in football
Diving on 17:26 - Dec 17 with 3659 viewstazzydjr

It'd change the Premiership if they make it a banable offense for like 5 Games you'd certainly see a different top 5 every season because majority of goals for Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City come from dives in the box eliminate them goals all three are mid-table sides at best
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 17:27]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Diving on 18:44 - Dec 17 with 3594 viewsBobbyjoe

Diving on 17:26 - Dec 17 by tazzydjr

It'd change the Premiership if they make it a banable offense for like 5 Games you'd certainly see a different top 5 every season because majority of goals for Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City come from dives in the box eliminate them goals all three are mid-table sides at best
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 17:27]

Now, that's punditry. Gary Neville, eat your heart out!
Diving on 19:40 - Dec 17 with 3536 viewsnordenblue

Diving on 18:44 - Dec 17 by Bobbyjoe

Now, that's punditry. Gary Neville, eat your heart out!

I'll have a pint of whatever he's been on
Diving on 11:56 - Dec 29 with 3347 viewsTommoRAFC

Just watching Sky's version of MOTD and I thought I'd bring this up - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30618119

After the game Mourinho told BBC Sport: "The media, commentators, other managers are all doing it [putting pressure on referees]."

In his news conference later, he added: "There is a campaign against Chelsea. I don't know why there is this campaign and I do not care.

"Everybody knows it was a penalty. The referee made a mistake, people make mistakes and he made a big mistake. He is a good referee and a good guy, he is young, he has years and years of football ahead of him but it is a big mistake."

Mourinho saying he's pissed off because yellow cards cannot be revoked, not once did he mention Ivanovic against West Ham, or the fact Cahill should have been sent off against Hull...

My concern with yesterday is, with Mourinho's influence, he'll stop referees being brave about diving and we'll take a backwards step again. Hopefully the FA will slap him with a touchline ban for being a gobshite but I can't see it somehow.

Lost a lot of time for Mourinho with yesterday's interview, I can understand when managers have only their own interests at heart, but English football is knackered as it is and he shouldn't be allowed to make referee's jobs even harder with comments like that!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Diving on 12:47 - Dec 29 with 3271 viewsrobbowood

Diving on 11:56 - Dec 29 by TommoRAFC

Just watching Sky's version of MOTD and I thought I'd bring this up - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30618119

After the game Mourinho told BBC Sport: "The media, commentators, other managers are all doing it [putting pressure on referees]."

In his news conference later, he added: "There is a campaign against Chelsea. I don't know why there is this campaign and I do not care.

"Everybody knows it was a penalty. The referee made a mistake, people make mistakes and he made a big mistake. He is a good referee and a good guy, he is young, he has years and years of football ahead of him but it is a big mistake."

Mourinho saying he's pissed off because yellow cards cannot be revoked, not once did he mention Ivanovic against West Ham, or the fact Cahill should have been sent off against Hull...

My concern with yesterday is, with Mourinho's influence, he'll stop referees being brave about diving and we'll take a backwards step again. Hopefully the FA will slap him with a touchline ban for being a gobshite but I can't see it somehow.

Lost a lot of time for Mourinho with yesterday's interview, I can understand when managers have only their own interests at heart, but English football is knackered as it is and he shouldn't be allowed to make referee's jobs even harder with comments like that!

Mourinho is only doing what Fergie did at Man Utd - it's all part of the process of trying to infulence the refs in future games

though in Fergie's case he usally got his comments in about the ref the day before the game!!
Diving on 12:51 - Dec 29 with 3261 viewsD_Alien

Diving on 12:47 - Dec 29 by robbowood

Mourinho is only doing what Fergie did at Man Utd - it's all part of the process of trying to infulence the refs in future games

though in Fergie's case he usally got his comments in about the ref the day before the game!!

Mourinho's completely out of order.

Does he really think his words will intimidate referees? We all know that Fergie probably had that effect, but Mourinho just isn't in the same league. He comes across like a Brussels eurocrat trying to defend an EU regulation which contravenes a UK principle of law.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Diving on 13:02 - Dec 29 with 3244 viewsAtThePeake

Diving on 12:51 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Does he really think his words will intimidate referees? We all know that Fergie probably had that effect, but Mourinho just isn't in the same league. He comes across like a Brussels eurocrat trying to defend an EU regulation which contravenes a UK principle of law.

If he saw Fergie get away with it for as long as he did then he's every right to act that way in my eyes.

Tangled up in blue.

Diving on 13:21 - Dec 29 with 3214 viewsTVOS1907

Diving on 12:51 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

Spot on and the media will still fawn all over him like he's some sort of demi-god.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Diving on 20:29 - Dec 29 with 3128 viewswindowsbug

Diving on 11:56 - Dec 29 by TommoRAFC

He needs to watch the refs at our level then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024