Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill interview 19:10 - Dec 28 with 9407 views442Dale

https://audioboom.com/boos/2760383-hear-from-officiallydale-manager-keith-hill-a

Needs a new word.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill interview on 19:17 - Dec 28 with 5884 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Expectation is an absolute killer.

Got to say,I for one expected better today......anyone else?
Hill interview on 19:17 - Dec 28 with 5883 viewsTVOS1907

I expect he'll find one.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill interview on 19:21 - Dec 28 with 5846 views442Dale

And let it be said, the support and understanding on a frustrating afternoon was quite good in the main stand.

No negative reaction at all at half time after a very poor 45 minutes. The topsy turvy nature of this forum might be different, but outside of a few individuals there is nothing within games that indicates any noticeable levels of unrealistic expectations. One look at our home record could lead some to think those who attend Spotland must get a bit annoyed during games that we aren't matching what's been seen on the road, but it really isn't the case.

Talk in the pub before every game isn't of "well, we'll win this one easily today", it's a hope that we'll see a decent game and hopefully a win. Is this just me or is there some significant amount of cloud cuckoo thinking where fans are expecting too much during games?

Again, this m/board is different, and those who do expect too much are then subject to their views being dissected, which is exactly what occurs.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 19:23]

Hill interview on 19:28 - Dec 28 with 5793 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill interview on 19:21 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

And let it be said, the support and understanding on a frustrating afternoon was quite good in the main stand.

No negative reaction at all at half time after a very poor 45 minutes. The topsy turvy nature of this forum might be different, but outside of a few individuals there is nothing within games that indicates any noticeable levels of unrealistic expectations. One look at our home record could lead some to think those who attend Spotland must get a bit annoyed during games that we aren't matching what's been seen on the road, but it really isn't the case.

Talk in the pub before every game isn't of "well, we'll win this one easily today", it's a hope that we'll see a decent game and hopefully a win. Is this just me or is there some significant amount of cloud cuckoo thinking where fans are expecting too much during games?

Again, this m/board is different, and those who do expect too much are then subject to their views being dissected, which is exactly what occurs.

Can i also mention the singing section at Scunthorpe, like most away games they are a credit to the club and really get behind the team.The atmosphere would have been zilch without their presence.
Hill interview on 19:44 - Dec 28 with 5687 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill interview on 20:18 - Dec 28 with 5571 viewsrobbowood

I thought Hilly's comments were very good and also a fair reflection of the game today

Individual errors haven't helped us in recent games along with numerous injuries and illness to key players

You make your own luck in football but since Conrad Logan went off injured we don't seen to have had much
Hill interview on 20:24 - Dec 28 with 5530 views442Dale

Hill interview on 20:18 - Dec 28 by robbowood

I thought Hilly's comments were very good and also a fair reflection of the game today

Individual errors haven't helped us in recent games along with numerous injuries and illness to key players

You make your own luck in football but since Conrad Logan went off injured we don't seen to have had much

No arguments on his assessment of the game. Jamie Proctor was excellent for them.

Hill interview on 20:54 - Dec 28 with 5433 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Are we still not a League One side?
Login to get fewer ads

Hill interview on 20:58 - Dec 28 with 5403 viewsscooby

So basically, reading between the lines, its the fans fault because we have expectation and we were shite so the fans became negative which affected the players??

I didn't hear much negativity. he needs to get over himself, he is not a god (although it feels like we have made him that and he's loving it) but he isn't and shouldn't be unquestionable.
Hill interview on 20:59 - Dec 28 with 5391 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill interview on 20:54 - Dec 28 by Albert_Whitehurst

Are we still not a League One side?

No, daring to believe never seemed to be an option, best we know our place and let other teams in league one pat us on our head.
Hill interview on 21:01 - Dec 28 with 5385 viewsTommoRAFC

Who does the interviews? Why does he get to snipe at fans for expectations and not take any criticism?

How about asking Hill what does he see in Andrew? Or what doesn't he see in Lazarus? Where was Cannon, Tanser and Bunney? When are you planning on replacing Hogan? Why are you playing the best centre back since Dawson at left back?

I'm not anti-Hill, the guy is an absolute legend for what he's achieved with us. But he's on a lot of money, probably even more now with his new 3 year contract, that's one reason for fan's expectations.

We've been playing well earlier this season and he's been praised rightly for that, but right now we're not, but its not our fault. The main stand was very supportive today, instead of shouting "oi rafferty, you're shite!" all you heard was positive comments.

Sort your squad out Hill, its not our fault Henderson missed 4 sitters, its yours for still relying on two midfielders to lead the line.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Hill interview on 21:16 - Dec 28 with 5301 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill interview on 21:01 - Dec 28 by TommoRAFC

Who does the interviews? Why does he get to snipe at fans for expectations and not take any criticism?

How about asking Hill what does he see in Andrew? Or what doesn't he see in Lazarus? Where was Cannon, Tanser and Bunney? When are you planning on replacing Hogan? Why are you playing the best centre back since Dawson at left back?

I'm not anti-Hill, the guy is an absolute legend for what he's achieved with us. But he's on a lot of money, probably even more now with his new 3 year contract, that's one reason for fan's expectations.

We've been playing well earlier this season and he's been praised rightly for that, but right now we're not, but its not our fault. The main stand was very supportive today, instead of shouting "oi rafferty, you're shite!" all you heard was positive comments.

Sort your squad out Hill, its not our fault Henderson missed 4 sitters, its yours for still relying on two midfielders to lead the line.

Good point about the people doing the interviews but that's
a contradiction because Hill runs the interview. None of your questions will ever be asked because Hilly will rip a strip off the interviewer.

Any good media person would ask the questions that the fans want answering, the difficult questions, none of our media people can find it within themselves to do it though because they know the consequences.
Hill interview on 21:19 - Dec 28 with 5287 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill interview on 21:01 - Dec 28 by TommoRAFC

Brilliant post. The post match interviewers, Martin, Stuart or Leighanne are never going to be able to ask the questions the majority of us want them to ask but that's how football clubs work.

All very valid questions though.

Hill probably has very reasonable explanations for them but I'd love to hear them.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill interview on 21:33 - Dec 28 with 5229 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on 20:24 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

No arguments on his assessment of the game. Jamie Proctor was excellent for them.

Really?

So the result had nothing to do with "shape, tactics, formation" ?

Rather, it's the fans fault?

Absolute utter rubbish

Complete garbage, KH, and an insult to both himself and everything he's achieved at the club.

I can accept defeats, especially when we're struggling with injuries and illness, and we've got a big cup game the week after. Yep, no problem with that.

I can't accept lies from a man I've respected. Defend your players, but DO NOT blame the fans for today's performance.

Edit: hang on a minute, i'm really angry about this.

How much is he paid? how much are the players paid? How many £100's or even for some, £1000's per week?

When people on low incomes pay a considerable chunk of their spare cash in entrance money and travel costs, they turn up with the expectation of attending a sporting event, not to have someone they might possibly hold in high regard use them as an excuse for defeat.

Absolutely appalling Hill.

[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 21:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill interview on 21:34 - Dec 28 with 5212 viewsDaleFan7

His blaming of the fans has been tedious for a very long time! We all know what we've done over the last 18 months is brilliant and we're all very thankful for it but as a football fan if you can't go to a game expecting your team to beat Aldershot and Fleetwood then why would you ever support a football team?

Fans expect to win games at whatever level you play at and every time something goes wrong he really needs to stop blaming the fans.
Hill interview on 21:46 - Dec 28 with 5149 views442Dale

Hill interview on 21:33 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

Really?

Absolute utter rubbish

Complete garbage, KH, and an insult to both himself and everything he's achieved at the club.

I can accept defeats, especially when we're struggling with injuries and illness, and we've got a big cup game the week after. Yep, no problem with that.

I can't accept lies from a man I've respected. Defend your players, but DO NOT blame the fans for today's performance.

How much is he paid? how much are the players paid? How many £100's or even for some, £1000's per week?

When people on low incomes pay a considerable chunk of their spare cash in entrance money and travel costs, they turn up with the expectation of attending a sporting event, not to have someone they might possibly hold in high regard use them as an excuse for defeat.

Not sure if the "Really?" required a reply (as you quoted my post) but it was re. his specific assessments of what occurred on the pitch - the players performances and decision making for example - not what might or might not have influenced that.

My opinions on the other stuff is further up the thread.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 21:50]

Hill interview on 21:48 - Dec 28 with 5125 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on 21:46 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

Not sure if the "Really?" required a reply (as you quoted my post) but it was re. his specific assessments of what occurred on the pitch - the players performances and decision making for example - not what might or might not have influenced that.

My opinions on the other stuff is further up the thread.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 21:50]

Wasn't directed at you 442, although I responded to your post. Apologies if you thought that.

Hill interview on 21:51 - Dec 28 with 5095 views442Dale

Hill interview on 21:48 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

Wasn't directed at you 442, although I responded to your post. Apologies if you thought that.

Aye, thought that was the case!

But I won't ever miss an opportunity to clarify...

Hill interview on 21:59 - Dec 28 with 5044 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill interview on 21:33 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

Really?

Absolute utter rubbish

Well said, sometimes the silence on this forum is deafening, even more so when it comes to having the audacity to criticise the manager. Well done for speaking out.
Hill interview on 21:59 - Dec 28 with 5041 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on 21:51 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

Aye, thought that was the case!

But I won't ever miss an opportunity to clarify...

It's a shame that once an interview's been done and it's out there, it can't also be rectified.

I'd really hope that when he listens back to what he's said, he winces; but he's also reflecting on how he didn't say the same thing after the Aldershot game so maybe he really does think we're terrible fans who spoil his well-made plans by hoping to be entertained on a frosty post-Christmas afternoon.

Hill interview on 22:00 - Dec 28 with 5037 viewslove_the_dale

Good post.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? We have c 2,500 supporters, and I emphasise supporters. Do these supporters (1) cheer and chant and clap before something happens in order to inspire the team or (2) do they do this as a reaction to something happening in order to inspire their team to even better performance?

Well, certainly, the team get plenty of encouragement at the start of every game. What happens thereafter depends on the performance. If the team performs well, there is a spiral of support - performance - support, etc. and we have a great atmosphere. If the team continually give the ball to the opposition, fail to harrass the opposition, keep hold of the ball giving the opposition time to challenge, don’t challenge for a high ball that has been in the air for an age, miss penalties, keep being offside, and continually give goals away to crosses and set-pieces, it is very difficult to keep the encouragement going, although we do our best to do so. The best that Keith can hope for in these circumstances is patience and support from the supporters. I truly believe that the crowd were very patient today and I was very pleased with this. I am as big a supporter of Keith and Rochdale AFC as the next person, but I am afraid that if he keeps assigning blame to the crowd, as he has been doing all season "an air of negativity",etc. he will start to antagonise the supporters and lose their support.
Hill interview on 22:00 - Dec 28 with 5033 viewsRosun

3000 ish home fans there today. A lot of new faces (I was going to say strange faces ... but there's plenty of them there week in week out) too.
I still think we still have the Coleman era legacy stinking out the place but this is slowly being eradicated.
Please Keith, bear this in mind when doing your next interview. We do want you to succeed and we want you to succeed with our club.
I met the guy pre match as the snow patrol volunteers had done their job and the referee gave the game the go ahead. He was as humble a bloke as you could meet and thanked everyone and posed for selfie pictures with sweaty & muddy fans, so to hear his comments I think he is talking about a minority of a section of fans, the ones he can hear from the dugout, you know the ones.
Viz top tip to Keith Hill ... Move your dugout to in front of the Pearl St stand. You won't get in trouble with the 4th official, the opposition won't be able to hear your tactical decision making and you won't hear grumbles when you bring Calvin Andrew on.
Happy New Year.
Hill interview on 22:12 - Dec 28 with 4986 viewsmacro

Fans at scunny superb outsang the home fans. Fans today deathly quiet, outsang by the cods
Hill interview on 22:30 - Dec 28 with 4916 viewsnordenblue

Hill interview on 21:59 - Dec 28 by TalkingSutty

Well said, sometimes the silence on this forum is deafening, even more so when it comes to having the audacity to criticise the manager. Well done for speaking out.

Spot on, ive said previously on here i love Hilly the manager and forever grateful for the football we've witnessed in the last few years, but he cant half talk some garbage,to keep banging on about expectations is nothing but laughable.
Blaming fans for defeats is ridiculous, hows about playing our strongest 11 in their right positions to start with.
Hill interview on 22:52 - Dec 28 with 4851 viewsSilence

"Expectation" --- Will Keith be "Expecting" that people will keep turning up week in week out to be told not to "Expect"?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024