Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't understand... 20:01 - Dec 28 with 2454 viewsReedy

I'm not a regular contributor on here, but read on a regular basis (as I'm sure many others do)

Over the last few weeks, there seems to be some supporters except us to just turn up and we will win, and when we don't can't understand why we aren't beating teams comfortably.

I don't understand O'Connell at left back, or why Rose is playing, but debate it after the game - today's performance summed up the apathy of some people watching.

When Allen got MOTM, someone not far from where I stand, shouted "he's sh*t" I shook my head with disbelief (along with others round me) I love watching Allen play football, I honestly think he is the best footballer I've ever seen in a Dale shirt - the way he uses the ball, his touches to open up space, the way he never loses the ball, I love watching him play - I describe him as lower league Paul Scholes.

Some of these people should remember where we were when Hill came back, a lot of people (myself included) were questioning their support.

Another thread asks for crumbs of comfort - I direct you people to the League 1 table, which reads:
8. Rochdale.

2 points outside of the play-offs - if you asked anyone before we played Peterborough in August if they would have taken 8th at New Year, at Nottingham Forest in the 3rd of the FA Cup - everyone would have taken that.

We've hit a bad patch, luck is going against us, we all knew we would hit a poor patch at some stage, stick together and we come out of the other side stronger.

Another "crumb" of comfort was the introduction of Camps, who did more with the ball, and had more impact on the game than Hery did in the whole game. There is an interview with KH on YouTube about the academy, he says that in years to come we could quite easily have half a team that comes through the academy. These aren't crumbs, these are reasons our club is making massive steps in the right direction.

I understand we all want to win, but the long term path our football club is on, looks superb - we have a stable board, with a stable management team contracted until 2018, I doubt many other clubs of our size have so much going for them.

I can take the odd defeat, because we're a good side and (in the main) were a very understanding set of fans, with the best interests of our club at heart, which is why the moaners get shouted down, rightly so.

Roll on Saturday against Nottingham Forest.

Blog: The FA Cup

I don't understand... on 20:27 - Dec 28 with 2359 viewsTalkingSutty

Good post and you can't really argue with a lot of it. You have to remember though that the majority of supporters only attend home games, for a variety of reasons, not least a financial one.

Our performances at home this season have been pretty poor in general, I don't know why but I have a feeling it's because the manager and players probably have a mindset that their game is best suited to hitting teams who come out and have a go at us. This results in us getting caught between twisting and sticking when it comes to games at Spotland. The manager should be addressing that but we don't seem to be learning.

Today was predictable before the game even started, a lacklustre first half with the away team scoring first and then an improved second half when we have to take the game to our opponents, it isn't coincidence because it happens nearly every home game.

So many poor performances at home will always result in discontent and the paying customer is well within their right to voice an opinion, the games all seem to follow the same pattern.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 20:28]
I don't understand... on 20:31 - Dec 28 with 2340 viewsDomDale

Perfect post. Personally I had good reason to grumble today having been in the car for 4 hours from Edinburgh, then losing my season ticket and spending again to get in!! But I wouldn't dream of booing the team as others did at FT today. Form may be poor at the moment but I've every belief we will turn that around. I've always thought the playoffs is a step too far this season but to be in the position we are in coming up to New Year is impressive. If Hill can pull of a couple of decent loan signings in the transfer window who knows where we'll end up.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

I don't understand... on 21:12 - Dec 28 with 2195 viewsJimmyRustler

I stopped reading when you said Allen was the best player you've ever seen in a a Dale shirt.
I don't understand... on 21:59 - Dec 28 with 2056 viewsReedy

I don't understand... on 21:12 - Dec 28 by JimmyRustler

I stopped reading when you said Allen was the best player you've ever seen in a a Dale shirt.

At no point did I say, I said best footballer - there is a distinct difference, you name me one player as good with the ball as he is... He hardly loses the ball, and uses it brilliantly for someone so small, but you probably don't see that.

I don't understand... on 22:06 - Dec 28 with 2021 viewslove_the_dale

I don't understand... on 20:31 - Dec 28 by DomDale

Perfect post. Personally I had good reason to grumble today having been in the car for 4 hours from Edinburgh, then losing my season ticket and spending again to get in!! But I wouldn't dream of booing the team as others did at FT today. Form may be poor at the moment but I've every belief we will turn that around. I've always thought the playoffs is a step too far this season but to be in the position we are in coming up to New Year is impressive. If Hill can pull of a couple of decent loan signings in the transfer window who knows where we'll end up.

I didn't hear any booing, and even though I was obviously disappointed with the performance and result today, I would have been sick to the stomach if I had.
I don't understand... on 22:09 - Dec 28 with 1999 viewsD_Alien

I don't understand... on 21:59 - Dec 28 by Reedy

At no point did I say, I said best footballer - there is a distinct difference, you name me one player as good with the ball as he is... He hardly loses the ball, and uses it brilliantly for someone so small, but you probably don't see that.

Oh, I suspect he does see that

We all do

Not sure it does the lad any favours by the "best footballer" tag though - isn't that just like raising expectations?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I don't understand... on 22:20 - Dec 28 with 1951 viewsReedy

I don't understand... on 22:09 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

Oh, I suspect he does see that

We all do

Not sure it does the lad any favours by the "best footballer" tag though - isn't that just like raising expectations?

How does it raise expectations if I think he's a wonderful footballer? I don't remember another player who uses the ball like he does - particularly the way he gets out of tight spots - I think it was Col who said a few months ago that Allen should play even if he's on crutches.

I don't understand... on 22:27 - Dec 28 with 1918 viewsSandyman

Today was one of those... and "Reedy" 's point is more than valid. We had a shocker today, Fleetwood fully deserved their win. But after 23 games, we're 8th. In general we were expecting avoidance of relegation to be an achievement. It's great that the majority see that, even if disconcerted by the likes of the past two games. Who does not have a 'blip' ? The odd individual doesn't - hey ho.....

Get our mojo back together, as we surely can, and another cup scalp is on the cards. As is another year in this league.

In Hill we trust, UP THE DALE
Login to get fewer ads

I don't understand... on 00:31 - Dec 29 with 1746 viewsJimmyRustler

I don't understand... on 21:59 - Dec 28 by Reedy

No you're right I don't see that. I actually stand behind one of the largest poles in the Sandy so I don't get a decent view of the game tbh (not as big a pole as you are mind you).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024