Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Dawson decision 18:37 - Jan 31 with 5276 viewsShun

For the foul after the Coventry defender's slip,

Worst decision of the season?

It's tied with the Notts Cvnty equaliser for me.
That Dawson decision on 18:47 - Jan 31 with 5206 viewsmiddale

This one was worse. Horrendous decision.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

That Dawson decision on 18:56 - Jan 31 with 5144 views442Dale

That Dawson decision on 18:47 - Jan 31 by middale

This one was worse. Horrendous decision.

The ref was far too demonstrative throughout. Any poor decision he made was made worse by his 'look at me' attitude. That was a very poor one with Dawson, but he did ok in the main.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That Dawson decision on 19:11 - Jan 31 with 5072 viewsmiddale

Lets just hope it gets shown on TV to really embarrass him. The Coventry fans are laughing about it on their forum.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

That Dawson decision on 19:12 - Jan 31 with 5070 viewsTommoRAFC

As bad as ref as I've seen this season, happy to get his card out for ours, not arsed about their lads.

The standard of officials in football is currently abysmal.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

That Dawson decision on 19:43 - Jan 31 with 4939 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That Dawson decision on 19:12 - Jan 31 by TommoRAFC

As bad as ref as I've seen this season, happy to get his card out for ours, not arsed about their lads.

The standard of officials in football is currently abysmal.

6 yellow cards in last 28 mins.
That Dawson decision on 19:45 - Jan 31 with 4928 viewsDaleaholic

That decision is up there as one of the worst I've ever seen.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

That Dawson decision on 19:49 - Jan 31 with 4895 viewsD_Alien

Robbed of a win we'd just about have deserved, because Dawson would've tucked it away no problem.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

That Dawson decision on 19:54 - Jan 31 with 4848 views442Dale

That Dawson decision on 19:49 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

Robbed of a win we'd just about have deserved, because Dawson would've tucked it away no problem.

Not sure about that as he was on the left hand side of the area, but it was a very good position.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

That Dawson decision on 20:09 - Jan 31 with 4767 viewsD_Alien

That Dawson decision on 19:54 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

Not sure about that as he was on the left hand side of the area, but it was a very good position.

The angle was good, and given Dawson's performance and all-round confidence, yep - he'd have scored.

That Dawson decision on 20:12 - Jan 31 with 4754 viewsmacro

Shocker of a decision. Dawson deserved his booking though
That Dawson decision on 20:46 - Jan 31 with 4653 viewsmikehunt

Listening to Coventry & Warwicks radio on the way back they seemed disappointed in the refs performance too but particularly a lino whom they reckon was too flag happy and denied them a chance or two. They, conveniently, forgot to discuss the Dawson incident.
The galling thing is that it cost him a booking, informing the ref he was mistaken. He had to put it away but to be denied the chance - abysmal!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

That Dawson decision on 21:04 - Jan 31 with 4561 viewsSaxonDale

One of the few times when the "he never touched him" line is completely true. Awful decision. The way the referee almost managed to escalate a nothing incident which resulted in Andrew's yellow card epitomised his display.
That Dawson decision on 21:08 - Jan 31 with 4535 viewsRAFCBLUE

That Dawson decision on 20:46 - Jan 31 by mikehunt

Listening to Coventry & Warwicks radio on the way back they seemed disappointed in the refs performance too but particularly a lino whom they reckon was too flag happy and denied them a chance or two. They, conveniently, forgot to discuss the Dawson incident.
The galling thing is that it cost him a booking, informing the ref he was mistaken. He had to put it away but to be denied the chance - abysmal!

Really stupid though to run 40 yards after a referee who was never going to change his mind and remonstrate.

Dawson should be fined for that; can't argue that the decision was wrong but the reaction was naive for such an experienced pro.

Really good ratter in midfield though - we need to get him signed for next season ASAP.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

That Dawson decision on 21:15 - Jan 31 with 4497 viewsmikehunt

That Dawson decision on 21:08 - Jan 31 by RAFCBLUE

Really stupid though to run 40 yards after a referee who was never going to change his mind and remonstrate.

Dawson should be fined for that; can't argue that the decision was wrong but the reaction was naive for such an experienced pro.

Really good ratter in midfield though - we need to get him signed for next season ASAP.

I dont know; sometimes a decision is so ludicrous you can't help but blow your top. Even I was hooting derision and you don't normally hear a peep out of me.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

That Dawson decision on 21:17 - Jan 31 with 4489 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dissent is a really stupid reason for a booking......but you can also understand his utter frustration with the complete clown of an official.

Not sure I would not do likewise.
That Dawson decision on 21:18 - Jan 31 with 4473 viewsDaleaholic

He could have scored.

Tell me you'd have just accepted it had you been in Dawson's position?

"Fine him" - How about... No.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

That Dawson decision on 21:27 - Jan 31 with 4428 viewsnordenblue

He'll get a fine for actually getting a yellow card anyway
That Dawson decision on 21:50 - Jan 31 with 4319 viewsYouTubeDale

We all had a bird's eye view of the incident from our end and the defender definitely slipped. The ref wasn't that far away but he chose to bottle it by not allowing a one on one situation to develop giving Dawson a good chance to score. Poor refereeing and then made worse by Dawson going too far with his protests.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

That Dawson decision on 21:56 - Jan 31 with 4305 viewsD_Alien

When their player slipped, the ref must have thought "that's got to be a foul" rather than actually seeing a foul - because there was no foul to see.

So do we now have refs making decisions based on likelihood rather than what's actually happened?

That one incident alone should have the assessor recommending he never officiates at a professional football match again.

That Dawson decision on 22:03 - Jan 31 with 4267 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I would not fine Dawson for the yellow - He has been immense this season and he admittedly showed too much passion - but hey why not :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

That Dawson decision on 17:17 - Feb 1 with 3800 viewsblackvincent

That Dawson decision on 21:56 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

When their player slipped, the ref must have thought "that's got to be a foul" rather than actually seeing a foul - because there was no foul to see.

So do we now have refs making decisions based on likelihood rather than what's actually happened?

That one incident alone should have the assessor recommending he never officiates at a professional football match again.

I don't post much in here but agree entirely with what you say about the referees we seem to be getting these days. I've said for a while that they are too keen to give what they imagine has happened as opposed to interpreting the reality correctly. I'm not a great fan of criticising officials but feel the standard is very poor just now. They are also apparently infallible. While we have to accept the decisions why is there no forum for reasoned feedback? The fans pay their wages after all.
That Dawson decision on 17:34 - Feb 1 with 3739 viewsD_Alien

That Dawson decision on 17:17 - Feb 1 by blackvincent

I don't post much in here but agree entirely with what you say about the referees we seem to be getting these days. I've said for a while that they are too keen to give what they imagine has happened as opposed to interpreting the reality correctly. I'm not a great fan of criticising officials but feel the standard is very poor just now. They are also apparently infallible. While we have to accept the decisions why is there no forum for reasoned feedback? The fans pay their wages after all.

In football parlance, what the referee did was "deny a goalscoring opportunity".

Referees are required to red card a player who does that.

The referees association should therefore require that assessors recommend sanctions against their members who make a decision which so clearly disfigures the natural outcome of a football match. We can debate whether Dawson would've scored, but its irrelevant.

Compare the decision with those made by referees who deny what might otherwise have been a clear cut penalty for handball with "I didn't see it clearly". The ref cannot have seen a foul because there simply wasn't one, or anything that could've been interpreted as one. What the ref interpreted was a defender falling to the ground. Disgraceful double-standards.

That Dawson decision on 09:08 - Feb 2 with 3487 viewsSkiptonDale

Yes it was a horrendous decision, but I'm not blaming Dawson one bit for his reaction nor for the booking that followed.

The ref deserves to be ridiculed for that decision, and had Dawson not reacted at all and just got on with it, I arguably would've been more disappointed with him because that would have shown a lack of fight and desire to win the match.
That Dawson decision on 10:22 - Feb 2 with 3405 viewstazzydjr

The Referee certainly loved showing yellow cards yesterday hope we avoid this official for rest of the season, hopefully he'd of been marked down for his performance by the assessor

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024