Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Done move confirmed 22:01 - Feb 2 with 23068 viewsCockneyDale

Confirmed by club on Twitter - Matty Done has gone to Sheff United
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 22:02]
confirmed on 22:02 - Feb 2 with 9276 viewstazzydjr

[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 22:03]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Done move confirmed on 22:03 - Feb 2 with 9196 viewssandy_dale

RIP your career matty.
Done move confirmed on 22:05 - Feb 2 with 9060 viewsdale1968

I despair of this Club I really do.

No ambition whatsoever year in year out its the same old Cr-p.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Done move confirmed on 22:05 - Feb 2 with 9059 viewsDaley_Lama

Information released by both clubs at the same time.

Sheff U have the obligatory piccie with shirt.

Professional press release

Poll: DF in or out

Done move confirmed on 22:06 - Feb 2 with 8973 views442Dale

Done is a confidence player. If he's not playing regularly with the full support of the fans, this might not be a great move for him.

Good luck to him, but after his Barnsley experience I'd have thought he'd want a full season playing in his current role then assessing it in the summer.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Done move confirmed on 22:06 - Feb 2 with 8972 viewsmikehunt

I Mean wtf. They were saying that the Blades had made 10 changes from the team that lost to Spurs and they still beat Swindon. This smacks of what people accuse the top teams of - buying up the best players from their rivals so they can't challenge them for honours.
Not happy.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Done move confirmed on 22:07 - Feb 2 with 8918 viewsStudiousDale

How much then. I'll say £600k
Done move confirmed on 22:08 - Feb 2 with 8825 viewsalderleydale

Done move confirmed on 22:05 - Feb 2 by dale1968

So true, Not one tiny bit of ambition
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 22:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Done move confirmed on 22:09 - Feb 2 with 8767 viewsD_Alien

Done move confirmed on 22:05 - Feb 2 by dale1968

Ambition? What do think we're going to do? Take the championship by storm next season?

How about building solid foundations in L1 and improving the overall quality of the squad, so if we do go up we can survive?

Done wasn't exactly a huge hit in the championship, was he?

Instead of knocking the club, think bigger.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Done move confirmed on 22:10 - Feb 2 with 8679 viewsmikehunt

... and I very much hope we have stipulated he is not allowed to play against us. That would be a sickener!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Done move confirmed on 22:11 - Feb 2 with 8601 viewsCockneyDale

Done move confirmed on 22:08 - Feb 2 by alderleydale

If a player gets offered a lot of money and wants to go - what can we do? Being forced to stay helps nobody. I'm sure Hill got him here on the basis that he would put him in the shop window and wouldn't stand in his way
Done move confirmed on 22:11 - Feb 2 with 8599 viewsStudiousDale

It's not legal for us to stipulate that he can't play against us (of course there may be a gentleman agreement).

We deserve to know the fee involved.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/04/undisclosed-fee-transfer-wi
Done move confirmed on 22:12 - Feb 2 with 8543 views1mark1

Of course no mention of the fee, so we can't even judge if it's a good deal. In my opinion he has been our best player, and really hope the money received makes losing him worthwhile. Really pissed off with this. Terrible losing one of your best players to a rival.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Done move confirmed on 22:12 - Feb 2 with 8535 views442Dale

No issues with the sale, but would like to hear Hill's views on it - about how good a deal it is and what we're looking at going forward.

This is what we do, we can't complain now, but it has to come with a very positive message from the club. I presume it will do.

Done move confirmed on 22:13 - Feb 2 with 8489 viewswildie

I agree, que the obligatory crap of were a selling club, bla, bla. Fact is we didn't need to sell just now. People's perceptions will be reaffirmed small club no ambition.Least we can watch the rest of the season fizzle out as the club expect the usual hard core fans to continue coughing up there money. Not impressed at all
Done move confirmed on 22:13 - Feb 2 with 8473 viewsrichfoad32

Done move confirmed on 22:08 - Feb 2 by alderleydale

Maybe, just maybe, Done wanted to move? The chance to double or even treble our wages is summat that few of us would turn down given the chance....In which case there is no point hanging on to a disgruntled player who's had his head turned. It's unfortunate but if we got a good price then be happy with it, we move on.
Done move confirmed on 22:13 - Feb 2 with 8425 viewsdale1968

Done move confirmed on 22:09 - Feb 2 by D_Alien

Ambition? What do think we're going to do? Take the championship by storm next season?

How about building solid foundations in L1 and improving the overall quality of the squad, so if we do go up we can survive?

Done wasn't exactly a huge hit in the championship, was he?

Instead of knocking the club, think bigger.

How can we build a solid foundation when we sell our best players.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Done move confirmed on 22:14 - Feb 2 with 8409 viewsKenBoon

We're certainly looking behind us rather than above now. It shows zero ambition. It's natural for Dale fans to be negative. We have a great opportunity right now, there is nothing wrong with ambition. It is not a dirty word. So many fans believe it is, which is a big reason why we don't attract more fans.
Done move confirmed on 22:15 - Feb 2 with 8318 viewsTrue_blue

Obviously gutted by this one, but who can blame the club ? If the player wants to go then we shouldn't hold back and keep him unhappy.. His wages will probably go from £1,000 a week to £4-5000 a week and with footballers only having a 15-20 year career who can blame him for wanting to increase his salary ? Not being funny but we are never going to be world beaters are we ?
All the best Doney!
Done move confirmed on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 8232 viewsShun

Worst deadline day ever. So annoyed with this club.
Done move confirmed on 22:18 - Feb 2 with 8160 viewsalex_roch39

What a joke. I can't wait for us to spend that money on buying the ground. By the time we're finished, there won't be a squad to play on it.
Done move confirmed on 22:18 - Feb 2 with 8157 views442Dale

Done move confirmed on 22:13 - Feb 2 by dale1968

How can we build a solid foundation when we sell our best players.

Almost every time Hill has sold a player, we've replaced them.

If we hadn't sold Le Fondre we'd not have had COGand Dagnall playing together every week. If we'd not sold Hogan then Done wouldn't have been playing in this role to start with.

We retain our foundation by selling our best players. I'd rather we didn't sell, but if the fee was good enough and Hill has a plan, then it's the correct decision. Let's wait to hear from the manager.

Done move confirmed on 22:18 - Feb 2 with 8100 viewsSuddenLad

We were lucky to get Matt Done when he rejoined us. We were all overjoyed when he returned.

He has given his all for us, others have noticed his qualities and we have banked a Kings' ransom (by our standards) that we would never have seen had KH not brought him back.

We've won both ways.

All the best Matty, thanks for everything.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Done move confirmed on 22:19 - Feb 2 with 8094 viewsdeeplishblue

Done move confirmed on 22:15 - Feb 2 by True_blue

Obviously gutted by this one, but who can blame the club ? If the player wants to go then we shouldn't hold back and keep him unhappy.. His wages will probably go from £1,000 a week to £4-5000 a week and with footballers only having a 15-20 year career who can blame him for wanting to increase his salary ? Not being funny but we are never going to be world beaters are we ?
All the best Doney!

Can anyone think of another player that we have sold twice?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Done move confirmed on 22:19 - Feb 2 with 8079 viewsDaley_Lama

When was the last time Dale sold anybody and the fee was disclosed?

Good luck to him, got him on a free, helped us beat Leeds and get promotion, helped us to where we are currently, ran his heart out all season.

I need a drink. Brandy.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024