Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one worried? 17:00 - Feb 14 with 9638 viewsReedy

I don't wish to be negative, however some things that have happened in the last couple of weeks are really baffling me.
I can understand the sale of Done, if he would like to leave and get a huge pay rise in doing so, there is no way we should stand in his way. He's already paying back the alleged huge transfer fee.
Going 3-0 down at Walsall, Bunney going to left back, after having not played for ages - going 3-0 down before we even started to look interested.
Today at Peterborough, the line-up is slightly strange to say the least, compounded by the fact we had to play the remaining minutes with 10 men after Andrew went off injured - thoroughly avoidable if we played the correct team from the start.
Ian Henderson, don't get me wrong, he's a good player - but I can't remember the last time he played well, or looked remotely interested. I think he needs to be taken out for a couple of weeks, regain something that has gone awry.
I believe in this side, but in one week, we've gone from talking about making the play-offs (which was always a step too far in my opinion) to looking over our shoulder at the teams below us.
The fixtures we have coming up are tough, so tough I except no points in February - due to the league being incredibly close, we could quickly end up being involved in a relegation fight.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 17:01]

Blog: The FA Cup

Am I the only one worried? on 17:05 - Feb 14 with 6759 viewsChaffRAFC

No, you're not.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Am I the only one worried? on 17:24 - Feb 14 with 6655 viewsbatfink

Not being negative at all, we've only been 10 points above relegation at our best. Some very strange team selections are not instilling confidence in fans nor players. Lets just hope we can win one of the games in hand because 7 points is not much of a cushion.
Am I the only one worried? on 17:38 - Feb 14 with 6559 viewsBlueMessiah

Not the huge fee you allude to, take Hillys cut and you're left with about 400k coming to the club. Not to be sniffed at, but not massive compared to what's on offer in tv money in the championship. The add ons are now looking good though, 10 goals for done and promotion for the blades will see us with some more cash. Worth it? Not for me.

The play off dream seems a distant memory now, we've lost our focus, energy and drive by losing Done and that has filtered back through the whole team.

The remaining fixtures in February could easily yield us zero points then we have what could easily be relegation 6-pointers in March, some of the lower teams now starting to hit form.

I've never been a pessimist but I am now very worried that we could suffer a catastrophic collapse, this won't be helped by Hills stubbornness and belief that he is invincible, as I suspect he won't want to bring anyone in as that would contradict his previous statement that we have the players we need.

I am also very worried
o

Poll: Do I Know You?

Am I the only one worried? on 17:39 - Feb 14 with 6543 viewsSuddenLad

Am I the only one worried? on 17:38 - Feb 14 by BlueMessiah

Not the huge fee you allude to, take Hillys cut and you're left with about 400k coming to the club. Not to be sniffed at, but not massive compared to what's on offer in tv money in the championship. The add ons are now looking good though, 10 goals for done and promotion for the blades will see us with some more cash. Worth it? Not for me.

The play off dream seems a distant memory now, we've lost our focus, energy and drive by losing Done and that has filtered back through the whole team.

The remaining fixtures in February could easily yield us zero points then we have what could easily be relegation 6-pointers in March, some of the lower teams now starting to hit form.

I've never been a pessimist but I am now very worried that we could suffer a catastrophic collapse, this won't be helped by Hills stubbornness and belief that he is invincible, as I suspect he won't want to bring anyone in as that would contradict his previous statement that we have the players we need.

I am also very worried
o

FFS

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Am I the only one worried? on 17:42 - Feb 14 with 6516 viewsChaffRAFC

Am I the only one worried? on 17:38 - Feb 14 by BlueMessiah

I am also very worried
o

My thoughts exactly!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Am I the only one worried? on 17:52 - Feb 14 with 6424 viewssweetcorn

Is worried and disillusioned the same thing? Our season has gone to sh!t whilst done has carried on where he left us.

If hill isn't thinking we need to move in the loan market now for a striker then we may aswel ready ourselves for a relegation battle, because we just dont have enough quality there since done left that gaping hole.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Am I the only one worried? on 17:53 - Feb 14 with 6412 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Not massively worried...YET

What does add to the gloom is that utter cock-up loosing the chance to play a winnable Orient last Saturday!

It's just added to the pressure.....we are really really tinpot.
Am I the only one worried? on 18:07 - Feb 14 with 6324 viewssweetcorn

Selling our best player andthen 'replacing' him with players we signed when 'no one is going anywhere' doesnt help either.

Not to worry though this deal will leave us with a club to support in 10 years time, so lets forget this season and be happy.

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one worried? on 18:33 - Feb 14 with 6181 views442Dale

With Andrew's injury we definitely need a striker in now. Then keep it simple.

Lillis
Rafferty, Eastham(or Lancashire), O'Connell, Rose
Dawson, Allen, Hery or Bennett
Vincenti, Striker, Henderson

Subs: Diba, Tanser, Lancashire (Dunno who else if Eastham is injured, loan defender?), Bunney, Brandy, RNL, Hery if Bennett's fit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Am I the only one worried? on 18:34 - Feb 14 with 6171 viewsolympicdale

Not bad enough to get relegated, the selections the past 2 games have been baffling though, clearly the sale of Done has effected morale slightly, no reason why it wouldn't.

Life is a game of fate.

Am I the only one worried? on 18:38 - Feb 14 with 6151 viewsdale4ever

Am I the only one worried? on 17:52 - Feb 14 by sweetcorn

Is worried and disillusioned the same thing? Our season has gone to sh!t whilst done has carried on where he left us.

If hill isn't thinking we need to move in the loan market now for a striker then we may aswel ready ourselves for a relegation battle, because we just dont have enough quality there since done left that gaping hole.

We are still scoring plenty though. It's not scoring that's the problem. Only the top three have scored more than Dale. We've scored 50 goals already. Conceded 40 though, it's worrying how many we are shipping at present, especially early doors.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 18:39]
Am I the only one worried? on 18:48 - Feb 14 with 6072 viewsFrog

It's like Hill wants to select a team that's completely alien to what us normal folk would and if it pays off he looks like a genius. But it isnt and he doesn't.
Am I the only one worried? on 19:11 - Feb 14 with 5982 views49thseason

Why worry?
Did anyone really expect to get promoted this season?
OK its a tight division but:
We have the best goal difference outside the play-offs and we are still scoring goals.
We have six points more than the best of the bottom 5
We have at least 2 games in hand on 4 of the bottom 5
We have 3 home games to play against the bottom 5
We have 7 points from the last 6 games , there are 15 teams with 8 or less
We have scored 11 in the last 6 games - equal 3rd best in the division
We have conceded 11 goals in 6 games , 4th worst in the division.
Our goal difference over the last 6 games is equal 12th

I am sure I would prefer to be a Dale fan than a Coventry or Barnsley fan at the moment. I think we are missing Bennett but a win against Chesterfield next week and things will look much rosier.
Am I the only one worried? on 19:17 - Feb 14 with 5945 viewsBeckWMG

Any Rochdale supporter that had any expectations other than to establish ourselves as a League 1 club needs their head testing.

Am I worried? No.

We've lost against a team who probably have a budget 4 the size of ours by the odd goal away from home.

Yes, we do need to improve defensively but to start all this "are we worried" nonsense is just laughable.

You could turn it the other way and say we are well placed if we win our games in hand.

Stop all this moaning about team selection and the sale of Matty Done and get behind our manager and the players.

Let's leave the "are you worried" threads the the Barnsley fans.

UP THE DALE
Am I the only one worried? on 19:32 - Feb 14 with 5888 viewsReedy

Am I the only one worried? on 19:17 - Feb 14 by BeckWMG

Any Rochdale supporter that had any expectations other than to establish ourselves as a League 1 club needs their head testing.

Am I worried? No.

We've lost against a team who probably have a budget 4 the size of ours by the odd goal away from home.

Yes, we do need to improve defensively but to start all this "are we worried" nonsense is just laughable.

You could turn it the other way and say we are well placed if we win our games in hand.

Stop all this moaning about team selection and the sale of Matty Done and get behind our manager and the players.

UP THE DALE

How is it laughable!?

No-one says anything about expectations - if results were done on budgets we would lose every week, so your argument their is void. We should all be worried about the amount of goals were conceding - if your not, then your burying your head in the sand.

Games in hand mean nothing, points mean everything.

I think were all behind the club 100%, but that doesn't mean we can't question decisions.

Blog: The FA Cup

Am I the only one worried? on 19:34 - Feb 14 with 5877 viewsjohndale

Am I the only one worried? on 19:17 - Feb 14 by BeckWMG

Am I worried? No.

UP THE DALE

Totally agree with this. This week has been a reality check but sure we will be ok to reach the main aim of staying in this division
Am I the only one worried? on 19:41 - Feb 14 with 5832 viewsDomDale

Am I the only one worried? on 19:11 - Feb 14 by 49thseason

Why worry?
Did anyone really expect to get promoted this season?
OK its a tight division but:
We have the best goal difference outside the play-offs and we are still scoring goals.
We have six points more than the best of the bottom 5
We have at least 2 games in hand on 4 of the bottom 5
We have 3 home games to play against the bottom 5
We have 7 points from the last 6 games , there are 15 teams with 8 or less
We have scored 11 in the last 6 games - equal 3rd best in the division
We have conceded 11 goals in 6 games , 4th worst in the division.
Our goal difference over the last 6 games is equal 12th

I am sure I would prefer to be a Dale fan than a Coventry or Barnsley fan at the moment. I think we are missing Bennett but a win against Chesterfield next week and things will look much rosier.

And what if we lose to chesterfield? Which I can see happening given out woeful home form. Things look less rosey and more shit each week. Having watched the last few games I really do expect us to get a return of 0 points from now until end of Feb which will leave us in a dogfight.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Am I the only one worried? on 19:57 - Feb 14 with 5773 viewsKenBoon

I am worried but I also believe this team has more than enough to stay up. I remember back in Parkin's second spell. We'd lost 3-0 away to the now Conference North side Stockport County. We were still mid-table, but you could see the slide coming and it took some fans ages to see it. Had it not been for Daggers' injury time goal at Rushden and Diamonds we'd have almost certainly been relegated.

This side makes me feel a lot more positive because I can see this team winning games. That side - featuring Rickie Lambert - became hapless and stagnant. In this very tight division - a serious slump could see anyone below third get relegated - we will be competitive and can win games.
Am I the only one worried? on 20:26 - Feb 14 with 5672 viewsYouTubeDale

Get Bennett back from injury playing the holding role will go a long way to sort things out. He can't be long off coming back. Experimenting with Bunney at left back won't happen again, so it will return to Rose or Tanser. We could even get TK back. Keith knows these players well enough to maintain our points to matches target. We don't become a poor team overnight. We all know Keith is the man to "sort it out".

We have money to get a loan player or two in if needs be. As others have said, we shouldn't panic but leave that to other teams.

Oh, and how long is Lund off coming back????
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 20:31]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Am I the only one worried? on 20:32 - Feb 14 with 5641 viewsnordenblue

Am I the only one worried? on 20:26 - Feb 14 by YouTubeDale

Get Bennett back from injury playing the holding role will go a long way to sort things out. He can't be long off coming back. Experimenting with Bunney at left back won't happen again, so it will return to Rose or Tanser. We could even get TK back. Keith knows these players well enough to maintain our points to matches target. We don't become a poor team overnight. We all know Keith is the man to "sort it out".

We have money to get a loan player or two in if needs be. As others have said, we shouldn't panic but leave that to other teams.

He seems far too stubborn to go back on his word or just for one moment admit hes majorly cocked up, we needed reinforcements weeks ago and that was before the side was made considerably weaker
Am I the only one worried? on 20:35 - Feb 14 with 5620 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Am I the only one worried? on 20:26 - Feb 14 by YouTubeDale

I can't understand why TK is not back - I am assuming he has left now and contract ended. Surely he would be a better option than Bunney.

Without being overly cruel on Bunney he is not a left back, he does not have the Physical or mental attributes of a left back, and he has been shown to not be a left back.

I really don't get the logic but then hey, KH must have a reason!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Am I the only one worried? on 20:39 - Feb 14 with 5608 viewsdavidab2202

Am I the only one worried? on 20:35 - Feb 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

I can't understand why TK is not back - I am assuming he has left now and contract ended. Surely he would be a better option than Bunney.

Without being overly cruel on Bunney he is not a left back, he does not have the Physical or mental attributes of a left back, and he has been shown to not be a left back.

I really don't get the logic but then hey, KH must have a reason!

If we can't get 14 points from the remaining games we don't deserve to stay up--fact
Am I the only one worried? on 20:59 - Feb 14 with 5554 viewsDomDale

This forum does make me laugh. Constructive criticism offered by those at the game down voted by those absent. Same theme every week.

We were dog shit today thanks to Keith's bizarre selections. Peterborough were nowt special but we couldn't do anything. I hope we get a result vs chesterfield, of course, but I cannot see it happening. They looked far better than us earlier in the season when we had a stronger squad. I cannot see us getting a point from in-form sheffield United or top of the league brizzle city. 0 points from the next three ( all games this month) will leave us reyt in the shit.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Am I the only one worried? on 21:53 - Feb 14 with 5465 viewssweetcorn

Am I the only one worried? on 18:38 - Feb 14 by dale4ever

We are still scoring plenty though. It's not scoring that's the problem. Only the top three have scored more than Dale. We've scored 50 goals already. Conceded 40 though, it's worrying how many we are shipping at present, especially early doors.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 18:39]

Who said anything about scoring goals? I said we need a striker. We need someone who can recreate what done was doing for the team.

We had a constant out ball because our defence and midfield knew done would be running the channels when they had the ball.

Am I the only one worried? on 22:16 - Feb 14 with 5417 viewscupardale

Not in the least bit worried. We're in a competitive league, we have the smallest budget and home crowds. We were punching above our weight and are probably finding our level. I'd be far more concerned if we couldn't find the net....
Our current blip is just that. If we'd won today or last week we'd be a good few places higher and would this thread exist if that was the case?
We need to keep the head as a club and fans. It would be great to mount a play off push. Loads of teams in and around the same points, loads of points to play for. Enjoy the ride! It's hard being an exiled fan who gets to 2 or 3 games a season reading these threads. So pessimistic, no need. Get behind the lads as I will do on Saturday for my first league game this season......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024