Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Parisian 08:42 - Feb 22 with 5431 viewsThe_DJ

Changed the game yesterday with a fantastic performance.
Hope he is selected on Tuesday and given a run in the side, after all he's had a couple of months rest and should not be mentally exhausted.
The Parisian on 08:56 - Feb 22 with 4479 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree, give Hery a proper crack of the whip. I can see why Hilly doesn't fully trust him because he does have a tendency to hold onto the ball rather than taking the easy, safe option.

Herys a flair player and seems to play a bit off the cuff that's what makes him great to watch, but with that sort of player ball retention can sometimes go out of the window and in the world of football statistics keeping the ball is king.

He brings something different to the team and can brighten up a dreary afternoon. There would always be a place in my lineup for Bastien, a typical French Maverick and a entertainer.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 9:02]
The Parisian on 09:11 - Feb 22 with 4435 viewsmacro

His last start saw a completely inept performance hence him being left out. What he did yesterday was add spark and that little bit of pace which was lacking, I expect to see him start tuesday
The Parisian on 10:05 - Feb 22 with 4332 viewsParkinsGimp

Wow we wouldnt be able to field a team by now if every player got dropped for 2 months for having one poor game....
The Parisian on 10:24 - Feb 22 with 4276 viewsaleanddale

Hery was the much needed spark 2nd half.

A dreadful first half we looked set up to ensure a more solid defensive performance ( understandable )

Decided by one bright moment in what was a turgid game!!

Up the Dale - We will need to up our game a notch on Tues and Sat!!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 14:28]
The Parisian on 10:46 - Feb 22 with 4226 viewsrochdale1987

Thought he did everything right when he came on, didn't lose the ball once either. I don't expect Hill to start him on Tuesday though..
The Parisian on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 4212 viewsmacro

The Parisian on 10:05 - Feb 22 by ParkinsGimp

Wow we wouldnt be able to field a team by now if every player got dropped for 2 months for having one poor game....

Lucky that I think you're an idiot and treat your posts with the contempt they deserve...
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 10:50]
The Parisian on 10:50 - Feb 22 with 4200 viewsYouTubeDale

When he keeps hold of the ball that tempts the opposition to foul him. Thus giving Rose a chance with his magic wand.

I thought Bastien was unlucky yesterday on more than one occasion to have fouls awarded against him for good tackles he made on their players.

Yes, he has that certain "je ne sais quoi" which provides the spark needed in our favour.

Vive la Rochdale !!!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 11:14]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The Parisian on 11:04 - Feb 22 with 4155 viewsboromat

Hery loves the second half of the season run in.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

The Parisian on 11:30 - Feb 22 with 4106 viewsmiddale

The Parisian on 08:56 - Feb 22 by TalkingSutty

Agree, give Hery a proper crack of the whip. I can see why Hilly doesn't fully trust him because he does have a tendency to hold onto the ball rather than taking the easy, safe option.

Herys a flair player and seems to play a bit off the cuff that's what makes him great to watch, but with that sort of player ball retention can sometimes go out of the window and in the world of football statistics keeping the ball is king.

He brings something different to the team and can brighten up a dreary afternoon. There would always be a place in my lineup for Bastien, a typical French Maverick and a entertainer.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 9:02]

Yes, and wouldn't in be good if Hill was also prepared to 'risk' Hery in away fixtures. Great to see him finally getting some long overdue time on the pitch again, but fully expect him to be typecast now as a player who doesn't travel well.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

The Parisian on 11:36 - Feb 22 with 4091 views442Dale

The Parisian on 11:30 - Feb 22 by middale

Yes, and wouldn't in be good if Hill was also prepared to 'risk' Hery in away fixtures. Great to see him finally getting some long overdue time on the pitch again, but fully expect him to be typecast now as a player who doesn't travel well.

And yet one of his direct competition in a similar role hasn't travelled at all well in the games I've seen. Camps has ability, no denying that, but his performance at Coventry was the time to take him out of the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Parisian on 11:52 - Feb 22 with 4052 viewsrochdaleriddler

agreed he made watching worthwile, im not bothered that he sometimes loses the ball, so do a lot of other players. lancashire and lillis's distribution is pretty poor. he needs a run in the team

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The Parisian on 11:58 - Feb 22 with 4048 viewsinthenet

Agree needs a run , bossed the midfield And great composure

Rastrickblue

The Parisian on 12:47 - Feb 22 with 3940 viewsdingdangblue

Wonder if his contribution will get any sort of mention from Hilly post match? Again as I said previously he was superb in that 2nd half yesterday, really got us playing and took the game to Chesterfield - astounding that he hasn't even been worthy of a place in any match day squad since Bradford away. Its not right either that he should just go from not being involved at all to coming on and expected to be upto match speed - its not fair to him. Really hope he stays part of Hills plans now as looking at yesterdays 1st half showing - we really need him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Parisian on 13:25 - Feb 22 with 3865 viewsmacro

Keith goes mental at players who don't track and do the team thing. He expects closing down and a high work rate. Look at McCourt he doesn't work in a team with a work ethic
The Parisian on 13:29 - Feb 22 with 3856 viewsDaley_Lama

He lives in Stockport
He lives in Stockport
Rochdale's a **** hole
He's got our support

Poll: DF in or out

The Parisian on 14:10 - Feb 22 with 3777 views442Dale

The Parisian on 13:25 - Feb 22 by macro

Keith goes mental at players who don't track and do the team thing. He expects closing down and a high work rate. Look at McCourt he doesn't work in a team with a work ethic

One thing about Hery when he does lose the ball is that he struaght away looks to win it back. We have to allow players to make mistakes and them be aware they won't get too much criticism.

Something I've heard before somewhere.

The Parisian on 14:25 - Feb 22 with 3742 viewsolympicdale

Big fan of Hery. Much like when Donnelly would come on, he gives the fans a lift, with the added bonus though that he actually might do something to change the game.

Life is a game of fate.

The Parisian on 14:28 - Feb 22 with 3724 views442Dale

The Parisian on 14:25 - Feb 22 by olympicdale

Big fan of Hery. Much like when Donnelly would come on, he gives the fans a lift, with the added bonus though that he actually might do something to change the game.

At no stage did seeing Donnelly appear off the bench lift me.

Not to say he didn't have an impact at times, but him waiting to come on didn't exactly create the same expectation as Alfie's appearances as a sub.

The Parisian on 14:31 - Feb 22 with 3721 viewsaleanddale

Think the majority like what they see.

Hilly makes the ultimate decisions though, I wonder how the two get on?

All a bit odd when one bright creative spark goes missing from the squad for weeks on end!!
The Parisian on 14:35 - Feb 22 with 3708 viewsolympicdale

The Parisian on 14:28 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

At no stage did seeing Donnelly appear off the bench lift me.

Not to say he didn't have an impact at times, but him waiting to come on didn't exactly create the same expectation as Alfie's appearances as a sub.

Perhaps not the expectation, but certainly a big cheer of hope, that he might run around enough and make some sort of impact.

Life is a game of fate.

The Parisian on 14:37 - Feb 22 with 3697 views442Dale

The Parisian on 14:35 - Feb 22 by olympicdale

Perhaps not the expectation, but certainly a big cheer of hope, that he might run around enough and make some sort of impact.

Hope? That most called him "George" said it all. Never has a player received such ironic support.

The Parisian on 14:38 - Feb 22 with 3694 viewsolympicdale

The Parisian on 10:46 - Feb 22 by rochdale1987

Thought he did everything right when he came on, didn't lose the ball once either. I don't expect Hill to start him on Tuesday though..

expect him to be playing left back come tuesday.

Life is a game of fate.

The Parisian on 14:47 - Feb 22 with 3663 viewsTalkingSutty

The Parisian on 14:38 - Feb 22 by olympicdale

expect him to be playing left back come tuesday.

No chance, we already have four at the club
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 14:48]
The Parisian on 14:54 - Feb 22 with 3640 viewsolympicdale

The Parisian on 14:37 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

Hope? That most called him "George" said it all. Never has a player received such ironic support.

Best chant i heard about Georgie has got to be some mouthy guy in the TDS last season "F**k me George, Donnelly would have scored that!"

Theres only one Georgie boy

Life is a game of fate.

The Parisian on 16:46 - Feb 22 with 3513 viewsdingdangblue

Must have imagined Hery playing.

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-chesterfield-report-228542

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024