Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in 20:36 - Feb 25 with 9381 viewsfournil

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am deeply puzzled as to why yourselves, Match of the Day pundits and now the FA continue to dance to the agenda set by Jose Mourinho and Chelsea Football Club.
in todays front page article (Angry Chelsea want rule change etc)you give the oxygen of publicity to Chelsea’s opinions about the above incident with no counter arguments.
You write that Chelsea are left ‘appalled’ by the decision to reduce the Matic suspension by only one game.
'The club are incensed by Ashley Barnes’ tackle’
'reacting to a challenge by the Burnley forward’
‘a bare minimum gesture . . . might have left the midfielder with broken leg’
‘universal condemnation of the reckless challenge’
‘unjustly punished . . . . to a career-threatening tackle’
‘protect players from dangerous challenges’
‘Mourinho, who has been scathing in his criticism of barnes’
Let it be said,
Barnes neither tackled nor challenged Matic.
He played a pass cleanly to a colleague and his right foot followed through to connected with Matic’s leg which was in fact ‘late’ coming in on Barnes.
This was potentially, a horrific accident, not a tackle or a challenge.
Noone responded to the incident at the time, except, indisputably, Matic ran ten metres to push Barnes to the ground, violently in the back.
He received a red card.
He then continued to fight to get at other players or the referee rather than leave the pitch.
(meanwhile Ivanovich took the red card from the referee’s hand, constituting a red card in itself)
This is an automatic three match ban.
Mourinho, on Match of the Day, said he doesn’t speak about such things (though he did for 23 minutes on Sunday) but cites certain minutes during the match that were crucial he claimed, which the pundits then debate for the rest of the analysis.
This of course, deflects debate as to why his £400,000,000 team failed to beat lowly Burnley, and why the ‘Ginger Mourinho’ somehow out-thought the ‘Chosen One’ who is not slow to feed his own myth.

Or, why his players simulate injury and scream abuse when not award fouls,

Or, FAIL, to throw the ball back to the burnley goalkeeper after Heaton had rolled the ball into touch so that Mee could receive attention on the floor in front of him.The Chelsea players ignored the tradition of sportsmanship that prevails, but used the throw-in to remount their attack near the Burnley goal.
And now, I read, that the PGMOL at Cobham sent a deputation to Mourinho to discuss the incident and build bridges!
Relations in the meeting were strained!
In other words Mourinho was still behaving as though it is he who controls the FA, the referees, the media.

Your report says Mourinho has been scathing in his criticism of Barnes.
I wonder what Ashley Barnes thinks of Mourinho?
We won’t find out will we?
Mourinho wasn’t scathing, in fact he refused pointedly, to name Barnes, saying he ‘wasn’t fit to be called a player’.
I find that deeply offensive.
‘Universal condemnation of the reckless challenge?’
Really?
How would that be monitored?
Certainly Chelsea’s histrionics have lightened Matic’s just suspension, to the disgust of parts of the football world:
Robbie Fowler, for one considers it to be an ‘absolute shambles, should have got a game extra for such a frivolous appeal’.
And finally, if you want a measured, dignified, statesmanlike response to the whole matter, read Sean Dyche in an interview for the Lancashire Telegraph.
Now, THAT’S the way to behave.
Yours faithfully,
Andrew Bolton
(I was there)
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 20:58 - Feb 25 with 5580 viewsToast_R

Very good. I'm sure 19/20 teams in the Premiere League all believe Chelsea are utter c*nts.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 21:31 - Feb 25 with 5494 viewsDorse

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 20:58 - Feb 25 by Toast_R

Very good. I'm sure 19/20 teams in the Premiere League all believe Chelsea are utter c*nts.

That's not true. Some people think they are aresholes.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 21:58 - Feb 25 with 5393 viewsstowmarketrange

I mentioned the frivolous appeal yesterday.There is no way that he should have received only a 2 match ban.It was definitely a red card offence,and therefore it goes against their own rules to lessen his ban.
Still at least now we know who really runs football in this country.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 21:59 - Feb 25 with 5389 viewsTrellick

The spoilt bullying scum not throwing the ball back when its been put out for an injury , where have we seen that before?
Oh that's right October 2011 , when they played on and tensions mounted leading to their "captain , racist , adulterer" calling another player a black mike hunt and then a long drawn out court case where cashley cole failed a hearing test.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 22:22 - Feb 25 with 5315 viewseastside_r

That is so spot on.

Bravo Mr. Bolton.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 22:42 - Feb 25 with 5237 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

The FA and Football League are as bad as FIFA IMHO!
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 22:55 - Feb 25 with 5202 viewsDannyPaddox

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 21:31 - Feb 25 by Dorse

Too right Chelsea are arseholes. And we're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the F.A. are pussies.

However, pussies don't like dicks because pussies get fcuked by dicks. But dicks also fcuk assholes. Assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fcuk an asshole is a dick ... with some balls.

The problem with dicks is they fcuk too much or fcuk when it isn't appropriate. And it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves. Because pussies are just an inch and half away from assholes.

I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this. If we don't fcuk these assholes at Loftus Road in April we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit.

(Gratitudes to Team America and more power to the Burnley fan)
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 23:05]
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 23:29 - Feb 25 with 5105 viewsdaveB

I've just seen he won the appeal and they still moaned, incredible, how could he win that appeal it was a blatant red card. All this career ending tackle stuff, he didn't even injure him he was fine chasing after Barnes within seconds
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 23:35 - Feb 25 with 5091 viewsted_hendrix

Mourinho irritates me similar to the one baked bean that always stays in the tin and flatly refuses to come out as you prepare baked beans on toast.

Every time I see Mourinho on the television I think of baked beans.

Every time I open a tin of baked beans and stare down at that one bloody baked bean that wont come out of the tin i think of that bastard Mourinho.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 00:02 - Feb 26 with 5051 viewsstowmarketrange

Is that the same Matic that launched himself at one of our players 2 years when we beat them 1-0 at their place?
I don't recall the FA banning him for a horrendous tackle for that one.I think he got a yellow card so obviously the ref saw it.
All we want is a level playing field for ALL football teams and players not favouritism shown to those who moan the loudest and longest.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 08:21 - Feb 26 with 4817 viewsDiscodroids

if only the letter to the guardian highlighted the PA and catering facilities at chelsea , so maligned on here in our away defeat to them, we really could have put the cat among the pigeons.

the main thing is we dont come across like bitter underlings ,fagging in short trousers in the presence of a sadistic prefect like in malcolm mcdowels 'if'.

thats the main thing.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 8:29]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 09:00 - Feb 26 with 4734 viewssimmo

It doesn't help that Barnes is top of the fouls list.

I hate the Chelscum and Mourihno love in, but he operates under the same terms as 'Arry, always good value for the media as he can turn a simple press conference into news. The fact he announced the night before that he wanted the Goals on Sunday platform to discuss how much he's been victimised, while 'Sheps' and 'Kammy' sucked his cock and balls is nauseating but not surprising with this modern media focus of getting soundbites and finding traction in anything just tho keep the 24hr ticker going.

The hypocrisy from Mourinho as his players headbutt, stamp and dive all over the place is ridiculous, the efs are fckin awful this year, but that means we all have to suffer them, it's certainly not a conspiracy... If he wants to guarantee winning games he could always allow his multi multi multi multi million pound squad to actually attack a game and try to score and win. Instead of nicking a goal and then playing pragmatic restrctive shite.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 09:07 - Feb 26 with 4718 viewsDorse

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 08:21 - Feb 26 by Discodroids

if only the letter to the guardian highlighted the PA and catering facilities at chelsea , so maligned on here in our away defeat to them, we really could have put the cat among the pigeons.

the main thing is we dont come across like bitter underlings ,fagging in short trousers in the presence of a sadistic prefect like in malcolm mcdowels 'if'.

thats the main thing.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 8:29]

"Gentlemen, I can confirm that Jennings Minor will be unable to represent St Saville's at the national Soggy Biscuit Championship after sustaining a sprained penis in training."
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 9:09]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 09:27 - Feb 26 with 4686 viewsisawqpratwcity

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 09:07 - Feb 26 by Dorse

"Gentlemen, I can confirm that Jennings Minor will be unable to represent St Saville's at the national Soggy Biscuit Championship after sustaining a sprained penis in training."
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 9:09]

"St Saville's" was an especially nice touch...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 09:54 - Feb 26 with 4655 viewsQPunkR

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 21:31 - Feb 25 by Dorse

And they'd be wrong. They *are* cúnts

QPR - "shit but local"

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 10:13 - Feb 26 with 4616 viewspaulparker

This is nothing new

Dogleish was the same at Sniverpool , biting at reporters , moaning constantly at every decision against them , then the shift in power went to Red Nose Fergie , who for 20 years pretty much ruled the FA & Premier League , played every trick in the book to get the decisions in their favour , now he has fcuked off its Moanrinio who is now pulling the strings and who lets face it is going to romp the PL in what will be the crappiest title win in history ,
the FA & Premier league have been told what to do by these cnts for the last 30 years
nothing is going to change ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 10:35 - Feb 26 with 4566 viewsAlvarado

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 22:22 - Feb 25 by eastside_r

That is so spot on.

Bravo Mr. Bolton.

Are people called 'Bolton' allowed to support Burnley? It could be worse I suppose, he might have been called 'Blackburn'.

I look forward to the publication of his letter, leading to a wide ranging discussion on media attitudes and bias towards the top 4 English football clubs. But then again....
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 10:48 - Feb 26 with 4544 viewsDWQPR

After hearing all the media outcry at 'a horrendous challenge' I managed to see it for the first time the other night. And my initial thoughts were that Barnes had possession of the ball and was in the process of passing it when Matic came in leg extended. I have watched it again and again and my thoughts haven't changed. Matic should have been sent off and given his histrionics then with the precedent set by Joey Barton at Man City, the bastárd should have got a 12 match ban. Proves that this is one çuntish club that should be targeted by a strategic atomic bomb.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 11:06 - Feb 26 with 4515 viewsadhoc_qpr

I like to see Chelsea (rightly) ripped apart as much as the next QPR fan, but the end of that letter calling Dyche's response 'stateman-like' is a joke!

Wenger-like would be more appropriate (i did not see zee incident)!

Lost a bit of respect for Dyche for flannelling that.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 12:05 - Feb 26 with 4427 viewsTGRRRSSS

Typically it was a result that didnt suit us of course.

Personally I thought it was a bad challenge by Barnes and had it been on Charlie for instance we'd all be baying for bloody too.

Though JM knows exactly what he's doing and is under a bit of pressure atm as not all results are going his way.

Typically it was a game it would have helped us if they'd won.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 13:56 - Feb 26 with 4265 viewsSuperhoop83

Mourinho's pathetic antics, his transparent attempts to display charm and profound intelligence and his childish mind games don't alter the fact that the "tackle" by Ashley Barnes was entirely deliberate and malicious.

Having read this thread I've looked at the tackle again from all available angles, just to check I wasn't imagining things, and I still believe that Barnes knew exactly what he was doing .

If you watch in slow motion, Barnes does nothing to alleviate the pressure on Matic's shin after passing (???) the ball and he keeps his eyes on his target, which most definitely isn't the football. Barnes's foot didn't simply "connect" with his shin and his intention was crystal clear.

The way he walks away, knowing full well what has happened, is also telling as is his pretence at shock when Matic reacts to the assault. The suggestion that Matic came in late on Barnes is simply ridiculous and suggests that some of the Chelsea paranoia infected Mr Bolton.

Apart from Liverpool, Chelsea are my least favourite club and I have regular arguments with seemingly intelligent Chelsea supporters who believe Mourinho is a funny, engaging and charismatic man. However, sometimes you have to put away the hate and accept something for what it is - Barnes tried to break Matic's leg.

Incidentally, I think the 3 match ban for Matic should have stood as there is no logic to reducing it - he reacted in a way that guarantees a 3 match ban (fairly or not) so the FA have done themselves no favours there.

Suffering since 1978.

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 14:06 - Feb 26 with 4249 viewsW7Ranger

I wonder if Cisse would have got his 3 match suspension reduced, had the club appealed the red card he received against Wolves a couple of years ago for reacting to a late tackle on him?
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 14:08 - Feb 26 with 4244 viewsSuperhoop83

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 14:06 - Feb 26 by W7Ranger

I wonder if Cisse would have got his 3 match suspension reduced, had the club appealed the red card he received against Wolves a couple of years ago for reacting to a late tackle on him?

My thoughts exactly!

Suffering since 1978.

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 14:32 - Feb 26 with 4206 viewsDANRANGER

This incident has wound me up no end. I dislike Mourinho for everything he stands for and the sooner he is gone the better. He acts like some sort of saint and the media suck his balls continually. I couldn't sit through the Goals on Sunday interview but I would have loved for someone to bring up the assault by him on the Barcelona backroom staff member when he gauged his eye. Surely could have "blinded" him and there was no question he intended to do it so he has no grounds to accuse anyone of trying to break a leg when his antics go far beyond this.

For the record it was a bad tackle and it should be a red and likewise FA should not have reduced Matic ban. Chelsea's behaviour since then has been appalling as if they are working for the greater good of football when all they care about is winning. Bad tackles happen, even by Chelsea players but they are less and less in this day and age so the extremes they have gone to are pathetic.
Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 14:36 - Feb 26 with 4200 viewsMrNITK

Burnley mates letter to Guardian - re Chelsea love in on 13:56 - Feb 26 by Superhoop83

Mourinho's pathetic antics, his transparent attempts to display charm and profound intelligence and his childish mind games don't alter the fact that the "tackle" by Ashley Barnes was entirely deliberate and malicious.

Having read this thread I've looked at the tackle again from all available angles, just to check I wasn't imagining things, and I still believe that Barnes knew exactly what he was doing .

If you watch in slow motion, Barnes does nothing to alleviate the pressure on Matic's shin after passing (???) the ball and he keeps his eyes on his target, which most definitely isn't the football. Barnes's foot didn't simply "connect" with his shin and his intention was crystal clear.

The way he walks away, knowing full well what has happened, is also telling as is his pretence at shock when Matic reacts to the assault. The suggestion that Matic came in late on Barnes is simply ridiculous and suggests that some of the Chelsea paranoia infected Mr Bolton.

Apart from Liverpool, Chelsea are my least favourite club and I have regular arguments with seemingly intelligent Chelsea supporters who believe Mourinho is a funny, engaging and charismatic man. However, sometimes you have to put away the hate and accept something for what it is - Barnes tried to break Matic's leg.

Incidentally, I think the 3 match ban for Matic should have stood as there is no logic to reducing it - he reacted in a way that guarantees a 3 match ban (fairly or not) so the FA have done themselves no favours there.

Agree. However, it's a blatant red for Matic. I don't think any other premier league side would of had the cheek to appeal for fear of getting an extra game suspension for a frivolous appeal. It should of been a 4 game ban and they've actually come out of it better off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024