Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New keeper on loan 15:46 - Feb 26 with 15777 viewsRotherhamDale

Jamie Jones from Preston. On loan til the end of the season.

Possession with progression.

New keeper on loan on 15:50 - Feb 26 with 9471 viewstazzydjr

Seems like a Tom Heaton type Keeper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Jones_%28footballer%29

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

New keeper on loan on 15:50 - Feb 26 with 9463 viewsSuddenLad

New keeper on loan on 15:50 - Feb 26 by tazzydjr

Seems like a Tom Heaton type Keeper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Jones_%28footballer%29

As long as he's not a Josh Lillis type keeper, that's fine.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New keeper on loan on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 9419 viewsRotherhamDale

Is Keith panicking?

New keeper on loan on 16:04 - Feb 26 with 9317 viewslurker

New keeper on loan on 15:54 - Feb 26 by RotherhamDale

Is Keith panicking?

Damned if you do damned if you don't.
He leaves Lillis in goal whilst he struggles and is seen to be complacent.
He replaces him (or provides competition by way of loan cover) and he is panicking.

Who would be a manager
New keeper on loan on 16:11 - Feb 26 with 9257 viewsChaffRAFC

I like this, he's a good keeper and Keith knows him a little as well, this isn't the first time we've seen him at Spotland. Nobody believed me at Coventry when I told people but we signed him as a young lad from Everton, albeit very brief and he never played.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-stop

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New keeper on loan on 16:13 - Feb 26 with 9241 viewsChaffRAFC

He's in love rock n roll woooah

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New keeper on loan on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 9196 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/jamie-jones-joins-dale-on-loan-2298129

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New keeper on loan on 16:22 - Feb 26 with 9136 viewsRotherhamDale

New keeper on loan on 16:04 - Feb 26 by lurker

Damned if you do damned if you don't.
He leaves Lillis in goal whilst he struggles and is seen to be complacent.
He replaces him (or provides competition by way of loan cover) and he is panicking.

Who would be a manager

It was a question. I wasn't suggesting he was panicking.

Login to get fewer ads

New keeper on loan on 16:42 - Feb 26 with 9007 viewsisitme

I was discussing Jones with my Preston supporting work colleague today and suggested that I would not be surprised if he ended up on loan at Rochdale.

His assessment is as follows - he was brought in as first choice in the summer and did okay but made too many errors. He was unsure why Stuckmann was behind him in the pecking order and not surprised when Jones was eventually dropped. Preston brought in Sam Johnstone from Man Utd a while back and Jones has been third choice keeper ever since. Some rumours of a bust up behind the scenes but not sure of the specifics. Maybe he is not happy about going from first choice to third choice?

Not the most glowing of reports but I am all for seeing how a player performs on the pitch before passing judgement. Some on this message board will be ecstatic at this news but we will see if he is actually any better than Lillis.

Their thread about it is below:

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?92434-Jamie-Jones-joins-Rochdale-
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 16:44]
New keeper on loan on 17:28 - Feb 26 with 8798 viewsYorkshire_Dale

They really don't like the lad from that forum.........suspect at corners,allegedly?
New keeper on loan on 18:28 - Feb 26 with 8605 viewsolympicdale

Can't help but feel underwhelmed at this, no disrespect to the lad, but this team is needing a goalscorer not a keeper. Lillis is not a poor goalkeeper, just going through a lull, like most of the team, we're in greater need for someone to put the ball in the net, does not come across as a huge confidence booster for Josh.

Life is a game of fate.

New keeper on loan on 18:33 - Feb 26 with 8582 viewszxcvbnm

New keeper on loan on 18:28 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Can't help but feel underwhelmed at this, no disrespect to the lad, but this team is needing a goalscorer not a keeper. Lillis is not a poor goalkeeper, just going through a lull, like most of the team, we're in greater need for someone to put the ball in the net, does not come across as a huge confidence booster for Josh.

It's not meant to - it says confidence has dipped since Logan got injured and you've not been up to the job. You really do post some conflicting drivel sometimes. Who do you want Messi to sign - goals haven't been the problem recently it's been conceding them

Poll: Best loanee keeper

New keeper on loan on 19:03 - Feb 26 with 8451 viewsBigDaveMyCock

New keeper on loan on 18:28 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Just out of interest did you feel overwhelmed when we signed Conrad Logan? I didn't, he just turned out to be ace. I'll also let you into a little secret but don't tell anyone will you. Signing a goalkeeper doesn't mean you don't/can't sign other players who play in other positions otherwise we'd just have goalkeepers wouldn't we?

Oh yeah, it's not Hill's transfer policy to overwhelm you.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

New keeper on loan on 19:04 - Feb 26 with 8450 viewsolympicdale

New keeper on loan on 18:33 - Feb 26 by zxcvbnm

It's not meant to - it says confidence has dipped since Logan got injured and you've not been up to the job. You really do post some conflicting drivel sometimes. Who do you want Messi to sign - goals haven't been the problem recently it's been conceding them

Hardly conflicting, I think Lillis is good enough, the guy was injured for a decent time, and was under huge pressure after Logan went back, so its not surprising he's not been himself. Excuse me for not being excited, its the lack of spark in the final third that is the problem, let a goalscorer go, we need to replace like for like.

Life is a game of fate.

New keeper on loan on 19:10 - Feb 26 with 8414 viewsD_Alien

New keeper on loan on 19:04 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Hardly conflicting, I think Lillis is good enough, the guy was injured for a decent time, and was under huge pressure after Logan went back, so its not surprising he's not been himself. Excuse me for not being excited, its the lack of spark in the final third that is the problem, let a goalscorer go, we need to replace like for like.

There's definitely a lack of spark in the final third of summat, but I suspect it's rather closer to home.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New keeper on loan on 19:18 - Feb 26 with 8368 viewsmiddale

New keeper on loan on 17:28 - Feb 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

They really don't like the lad from that forum.........suspect at corners,allegedly?

And very suspect from hopeful punted free-kicks as well. The way he stayed rooted to his line instead of making a regulation catch, allowing O'Connell to sneak in at the far post for our first against Preston hardly inspires great confidence.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

New keeper on loan on 19:26 - Feb 26 with 8311 viewsmacro

New keeper on loan on 17:28 - Feb 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

But orient got to the play offs last season with him in the net and they really rated him
New keeper on loan on 19:30 - Feb 26 with 8292 views442Dale

New keeper on loan on 19:26 - Feb 26 by macro

But orient got to the play offs last season with him in the net and they really rated him

Yeah, but he's not a standout improvement on Lillis. Hopefully the competition will see whoever plays in goal play well enough to keep the other on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New keeper on loan on 19:33 - Feb 26 with 8270 viewsmacro

New keeper on loan on 19:30 - Feb 26 by 442Dale

Yeah, but he's not a standout improvement on Lillis. Hopefully the competition will see whoever plays in goal play well enough to keep the other on the bench.

He should be an improvement, he was a highly rated league 1 keeper last season in a successful team so should be better than Lillis at the mo. Although you don't know how being axed by pne has affected him. I'm quietly confident in him - fingers crossed!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 19:35]
New keeper on loan on 19:48 - Feb 26 with 8202 viewsnordenblue

New keeper on loan on 19:04 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Did you not read Hillys interview hes already "replaced" our goal scorer with the signings of Brandy and RNL prior to him leaving.
We aren't going to win many games when we have to score 2/3 just to gain a draw which has been the problem recently barring Chesterfield at home
New keeper on loan on 19:53 - Feb 26 with 8185 viewsmacro

Spot on
New keeper on loan on 19:59 - Feb 26 with 8166 viewsolympicdale

New keeper on loan on 19:03 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Just out of interest did you feel overwhelmed when we signed Conrad Logan? I didn't, he just turned out to be ace. I'll also let you into a little secret but don't tell anyone will you. Signing a goalkeeper doesn't mean you don't/can't sign other players who play in other positions otherwise we'd just have goalkeepers wouldn't we?

Oh yeah, it's not Hill's transfer policy to overwhelm you.

Yes he did, and I hope Jones is just as good. I just think our resources would be better used to bring in a front man primarily,as the first option to strengthen ahead of any other postion right now.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 20:06]

Life is a game of fate.

New keeper on loan on 20:20 - Feb 26 with 8098 viewsdingdangblue

New keeper on loan on 19:48 - Feb 26 by nordenblue

Did you not read Hillys interview hes already "replaced" our goal scorer with the signings of Brandy and RNL prior to him leaving.
We aren't going to win many games when we have to score 2/3 just to gain a draw which has been the problem recently barring Chesterfield at home

What score did we beat Preston again?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New keeper on loan on 20:30 - Feb 26 with 8050 viewsBrierls

Good loan signing, I think. It sends out a message...if you perform poorly for a period of time, expect to be replaced, even if your position isn't under threat from the current squad.

Lillis is a decent keeper and has had some great games for us. I'm not a huge fan of his because his command of the six yard box is pathetic, but I think he's been good overall. Don't compare him to Logan, it's not fair. Logan can only be compared to Heaton and Banks as far as Dale (loan) keepers go.
New keeper on loan on 20:33 - Feb 26 with 8035 viewsnordenblue

New keeper on loan on 20:20 - Feb 26 by dingdangblue

What score did we beat Preston again?

Can you not remember?Just look in the fixtures sub heading on this forum they're all in there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024