Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! 12:03 - Mar 15 with 33717 viewsaleanddale

Still 12 games to go and we seem to be flat!!

What can the club do to re energise us for this final quarter?

A rally cry from the manager?

A statement of ambition? " it will be difficult but we are aiming for 24 more points"?

We have a great chance of finishing on a real high but need to see Keith leading with some positivity!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:02 - Mar 15 with 7343 viewsTalkingSutty

Its pointless asking Hilly because he announced he was flat and de-energised a couple of weeks ago, he declared his hand before anybody else. Can you imagine being paid a very good salary and coming out in public and declaring you feel flat and de-energised, what a way to treat your employers.

A poor Fleetwood side are on the edge of the play-offs and they aren't afraid to mention it,unlike us. We are just grateful to be dining at the same table as league one clubs. Apart from the fans there is no appetite for the Play Offs or god forbid the Championship.

The Done debate has been done to death and killed the supporters, but then we are fed a diet of garbage regarding ready made replacements. We have money in the bank and sit on our hands whilst teams around us bring in decent loan signings. I think we will get a forward in but only once any chance of pushing further up the table has gone.

Good manager Hilly but some of the tripe he comes out with (de-energised and flat) gives the players and the club a ready made excuse to fail and remain little old Rochdale. Nobody gave us our league one status we earned it and at this stage of the season everybody involved with the club should be shouting from the rooftops about our outside chance of a playoff place, it could even attract a few more up to Spotland, god forbid. How many times in our 108 year history have we been able to do that?

I don't know about anybody else, but I think this season will be viewed as one where we have died wondering and at no stage did anybody connected to the club do anything to enthuse the fans in relation to doing anything other than survive. Expectation was stamped on at the first opportunity.

Yes, we survived and hats off to Hill for that but there will always be a nagging doubt that we could have reached the Play Offs if the club and the manager had pushed out the boat a bit.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 13:12]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:34 - Mar 15 with 7282 viewsBartRowou

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:02 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

Its pointless asking Hilly because he announced he was flat and de-energised a couple of weeks ago, he declared his hand before anybody else. Can you imagine being paid a very good salary and coming out in public and declaring you feel flat and de-energised, what a way to treat your employers.

A poor Fleetwood side are on the edge of the play-offs and they aren't afraid to mention it,unlike us. We are just grateful to be dining at the same table as league one clubs. Apart from the fans there is no appetite for the Play Offs or god forbid the Championship.

The Done debate has been done to death and killed the supporters, but then we are fed a diet of garbage regarding ready made replacements. We have money in the bank and sit on our hands whilst teams around us bring in decent loan signings. I think we will get a forward in but only once any chance of pushing further up the table has gone.

Good manager Hilly but some of the tripe he comes out with (de-energised and flat) gives the players and the club a ready made excuse to fail and remain little old Rochdale. Nobody gave us our league one status we earned it and at this stage of the season everybody involved with the club should be shouting from the rooftops about our outside chance of a playoff place, it could even attract a few more up to Spotland, god forbid. How many times in our 108 year history have we been able to do that?

I don't know about anybody else, but I think this season will be viewed as one where we have died wondering and at no stage did anybody connected to the club do anything to enthuse the fans in relation to doing anything other than survive. Expectation was stamped on at the first opportunity.

Yes, we survived and hats off to Hill for that but there will always be a nagging doubt that we could have reached the Play Offs if the club and the manager had pushed out the boat a bit.

This time next year though we could be sitting in the top 3 of this division, with many more local derbies played and a handful more to come. That nice new lady might have overseen a complete overhaul of the way the club is promoted to the town and we might even have a wider variety of music played before home games (ok, maybe the last one's stretching it a bit). Let's face it, we're not really ready on or off the field to cope in Div 2, so defeats like yesterday, despite the eggy pumps and traffic jams, might work in our favour long-term.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:46 - Mar 15 with 7254 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I agree with Barty on this........we ain't ready in any shape or form to move up in the Champ....we would get mullered......but,that's no reason why we can't "flirt" with the Play-Offs and see how it goes.

Swindon and MK Dons are still to ride up to San Spotty and will be in the mix....we could get good turnouts for these two(Like Plymouth and the 15 coach loads?) and give a good show and have some say in who ends up where.

FFS<Let's give it a go!

It will soon be Close Season, and then we'll moan.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:49 - Mar 15 with 7246 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:34 - Mar 15 by BartRowou

This time next year though we could be sitting in the top 3 of this division, with many more local derbies played and a handful more to come. That nice new lady might have overseen a complete overhaul of the way the club is promoted to the town and we might even have a wider variety of music played before home games (ok, maybe the last one's stretching it a bit). Let's face it, we're not really ready on or off the field to cope in Div 2, so defeats like yesterday, despite the eggy pumps and traffic jams, might work in our favour long-term.

Agree. Don't get me wrong I think we would have pulled up short in a bid for a Play Off spot but with a bit of positive spin from the Club and the manager the public of Rochdale could have viewed this season as a heroic attempt to get into the Play Offs of League One rather than "We managed to survive", it sells season tickets too.

As fans I think we now realise the club had no appetite to reach for the play offs otherwise Hilly would have strengthened the squad since Dones departure.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 13:55]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:08 - Mar 15 with 7205 viewsTVOS1907

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:46 - Mar 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

I agree with Barty on this........we ain't ready in any shape or form to move up in the Champ....we would get mullered......but,that's no reason why we can't "flirt" with the Play-Offs and see how it goes.

Swindon and MK Dons are still to ride up to San Spotty and will be in the mix....we could get good turnouts for these two(Like Plymouth and the 15 coach loads?) and give a good show and have some say in who ends up where.

FFS<Let's give it a go!

It will soon be Close Season, and then we'll moan.

Plymouth was the final game of the season and their league status was still under threat.

Swindon will still have three games to play after their midweek trip and MK Dons will bring 250, if we're lucky.

In fact, they would probably only bring 250 if they were about to lift the title!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:57 - Mar 15 with 7123 viewsmidlandsdale

No one can doubt Hilly and the great job he has done to get us here.

No one can doubt the fact that he has developed arguably a set of youngsters that will see us good financially and in playing term for the immediate future.

No one can doubt that he is the greatest manager this club has ever had in terms of results.

No one can doubt that at times we have played some incredible stuff.

No one doubt that these are indeed halcyon days at our football club.

No one can doubt that I am a great fan of our esteemed leader.

Problem is, like many who probably feel the same, I am starting to get fed up with all this 'woe is me or us' commentary. It threatens to undermine all the above, and momentum is a thing that can change so easily. I feel that we have surrendered the chance to win more points through lots of strange decisions in the last few months. These include team selections, formations, lack of ambition, not berating performance, berating performance (vincenti yesterday) inconsistency (see previous point) crazy comments in interviews.

Come on Keith, its time to go back to being attacking, picking the best team and being positive. At the moment all you are doing is getting a lot of us starting to doubt if you have lost the plot!!
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:20 - Mar 15 with 7073 viewsflyerdale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:02 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

Couldn't agree more, hit the nail on the head there Talking Sutty.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:26 - Mar 15 with 7055 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 13:49 - Mar 15 by TalkingSutty

Agree. Don't get me wrong I think we would have pulled up short in a bid for a Play Off spot but with a bit of positive spin from the Club and the manager the public of Rochdale could have viewed this season as a heroic attempt to get into the Play Offs of League One rather than "We managed to survive", it sells season tickets too.

As fans I think we now realise the club had no appetite to reach for the play offs otherwise Hilly would have strengthened the squad since Dones departure.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 13:55]

I mentioned a while back about the clubs desire(lack of)to reach the playoffs straight after the Done sale,just keep us in league 1 Keith and everyone's a winner.
Sadly fans and the occasional floating fan see the sale and other happenings at the club as a complete lack of ambition,
Login to get fewer ads

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:27 - Mar 15 with 7051 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 14:57 - Mar 15 by midlandsdale

No one can doubt Hilly and the great job he has done to get us here.

No one can doubt the fact that he has developed arguably a set of youngsters that will see us good financially and in playing term for the immediate future.

No one can doubt that he is the greatest manager this club has ever had in terms of results.

No one can doubt that at times we have played some incredible stuff.

No one doubt that these are indeed halcyon days at our football club.

No one can doubt that I am a great fan of our esteemed leader.

Problem is, like many who probably feel the same, I am starting to get fed up with all this 'woe is me or us' commentary. It threatens to undermine all the above, and momentum is a thing that can change so easily. I feel that we have surrendered the chance to win more points through lots of strange decisions in the last few months. These include team selections, formations, lack of ambition, not berating performance, berating performance (vincenti yesterday) inconsistency (see previous point) crazy comments in interviews.

Come on Keith, its time to go back to being attacking, picking the best team and being positive. At the moment all you are doing is getting a lot of us starting to doubt if you have lost the plot!!

Great manager, but we all know that Keith is a control freak, which can be a good thing, until it becomes manipulation!

KH has told us that we wont be in the play offs and he will move heaven and earth to make sure that he is right! He has told us all that he doesn't like his job at the minute, as he is de-energised! He as virtually announced that he wont be doing the job that he is paid good money to do for the rest of the season, to such an extent that he forgot we were losing on Saturday!

If you were the board of directors, how would you feel right now? Or is Keith just untouchable?

Is this healthy for the club?

His interviews have cost the club 300 or so home fans who have stopped bothering because he has made it no fun and we know that this is as good as it is going to get!

This equates to around £100K a year lost revenue, will player sales cover this when Keith has prostituted himself into a new job at another club?

All this is panning out like his first stint at the club.

Year 0ne - Grateful for the job

Year Two - Promotion

Year Three - I'm the man, i'm to big for Rochdale, the fans are crap! Come and get me!

Great manager, PR disaster and only really cares about Keith Hill.

I'd be amazed if he is our manager in August. unless he is now thought of as a one trick pony?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:33 - Mar 15 with 7045 viewsD_Alien

I'd say yesterday's defeat just didn't hurt KH, which is an astounding thing to think about any football manager.

Best part of £50 spent, more than an hour in total spent sitting in a traffic jam, and we're not good enough supporters for him.

No wonder hundreds of potential home fans have drawn their own, similar, conclusions.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:47 - Mar 15 with 7008 viewsJimmyRustler

I got berated last time for posting that he's a great manager but a horrible person.

He's the kind of manager/person that I'm only able to tolerate because he's the manager of my club. I'm not being funny but if he managed anyone else, I'd think he was an absolute turd polisher.

At the time of the Done sale, I also questioned whether he would really fully feel the impact of the transfer, owing to the fact that he might fook off again in the not so distant future.

Worryingly enough, with his recent comments/actions/demeanour, I'm starting to think that I may have been right.

What kind of manager comes out and says that he's feeling let down by the fans (maybe not quite in those words) and isn't enjoying his job? How can he have the audacity to tell us to enjoy the ride in League 1 when he isn't prepared to at least appear that he's doing so himself?

TOOL
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 16:35 - Mar 15 with 6903 viewsYouTubeDale

I believe him when he says he is building for the future. So I don't think he will be off soon. If we miss out on promotion then we will have a good season next year with the young guns, good goalkeeper in place (Logan/Jones) plus a few additions. With bigger average crowds we will coin it in. It seems like heads we win, tails we win.

But I do agree that the message should have been loud and clear, we are going for it.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:01 - Mar 15 with 6862 viewsaleanddale

So as fans what do we want the club to do to re energise us?

I feel flat and I am Dale through and through.

Positive spin please I might believe some of it!!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 17:23]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 17:18 - Mar 15 with 6826 viewsmiddale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:33 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

I'd say yesterday's defeat just didn't hurt KH, which is an astounding thing to think about any football manager.

Best part of £50 spent, more than an hour in total spent sitting in a traffic jam, and we're not good enough supporters for him.

No wonder hundreds of potential home fans have drawn their own, similar, conclusions.

Agree. Feel equally irritated having devoted 11 hours of my day yesterday to trains, trams and a pretty hapless performance, especially from the manager with his nonsensical team selections and substitutions.

Will definitely be giving Notts County a miss even though its quite near for me, can't be bothered.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:58 - Mar 15 with 6663 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 15:33 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

Thats exactly why i didnt make the trip yesterday i just knew he'd treat it as a kick about and mess about with tactics etc add to that the ridiculous entrance price.
Its the first time ive consciously missed an away game so close for a good while.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:16 - Mar 15 with 6636 viewsisitme

I am sure that Hilly set out with a plan to win the game yesterday, as he will do for the remaining games of the season. What can the club do to re-energise supporters for the rest of the season? As has been mentioned in numerous interviews they have tried to get a striker in on loan but other teams are not playing ball. We can't make any permanent signings.

As for Hilly's interviews people know what they are going to get. What he says to the media and what he says to the players are two different things. I am sure the team is going all out for the play offs. I doubt what he says has lost 300 supporters as the people who attend the games are the ones who hear his post match interviews. Also what will a statement of 'we are aiming for 24 more points achieve'? Will we actually get more supporters because of a motivational soundbite?

I didn't go yesterday but it sounded like a poor game separated by a good strike, which perhaps should have been pulled back for a foul on Bennett in the build up? Before the game I thought a point would have been a decent result. Maybe my expectancy levels are too low?
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:06 - Mar 15 with 6581 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 19:16 - Mar 15 by isitme

I am sure that Hilly set out with a plan to win the game yesterday, as he will do for the remaining games of the season. What can the club do to re-energise supporters for the rest of the season? As has been mentioned in numerous interviews they have tried to get a striker in on loan but other teams are not playing ball. We can't make any permanent signings.

As for Hilly's interviews people know what they are going to get. What he says to the media and what he says to the players are two different things. I am sure the team is going all out for the play offs. I doubt what he says has lost 300 supporters as the people who attend the games are the ones who hear his post match interviews. Also what will a statement of 'we are aiming for 24 more points achieve'? Will we actually get more supporters because of a motivational soundbite?

I didn't go yesterday but it sounded like a poor game separated by a good strike, which perhaps should have been pulled back for a foul on Bennett in the build up? Before the game I thought a point would have been a decent result. Maybe my expectancy levels are too low?

Like you say Hilly can say what he wants to the media but implying that you are flat, de-energised etc when we have a punchers choice of making the play offs and with nearly a third of the season still to go is amateurish.

The fans pay a lot of money to support the team and as much as it irks some supporters that others have the audacity to even question his comments,not all us of hang on his every word. Somebody posted that it cost them fifty quid to go to yesterday's game, what a pointless comment, fifty quid means nothing to those making a good living from OUR game. They earn a small fortune and still strut around like they are doing everybody a favour, don't get suckered into this hero worshipping malarkey.

The players provide the real entertainment and get you out of your seat and should be the focus of attention, save your adulation for the players, the managers are just a side show.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 20:08]
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:23 - Mar 15 with 6522 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Its garbage to suggest we cannot attract players in loan market - Look at them on the sh1tty side of Heywood - they have just got Eaves in - who is better than the current (if we have any now) strikers, they also Have Nardiello, Lowe, Hope and Rose.

We sit in league one wWith Joe Bunney, Hendo, the Kid and our "Ready Made Replacements" - neither have scored since Done left and barely played.

I have had much Bull fed to me in various emploments over the years but at least they had the audacity to make it semi believeable. I barely believe a word I hear now tbh - Had the club wanted to go up Dones wages and part of the transfer money would have been used to get a kid in from a Premier club on loan like many clubs have to push a challenge on. We don't despite Hill doing his best Sutton impression saying what great football we play etc.

I cannot find a reason why we would not want to go up, but it seems there must be. The only semi valid reasons I can think of is something weird in the stadium negotiations or we cannot afford due to contracts - sadly neither seem to make any sense!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:25 - Mar 15 with 6517 viewsdalenumber2

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:58 - Mar 15 by nordenblue

Thats exactly why i didnt make the trip yesterday i just knew he'd treat it as a kick about and mess about with tactics etc add to that the ridiculous entrance price.
Its the first time ive consciously missed an away game so close for a good while.

You know what - I thought and did exactly the same.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:31 - Mar 15 with 6495 viewsnordenblue

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:23 - Mar 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

Its garbage to suggest we cannot attract players in loan market - Look at them on the sh1tty side of Heywood - they have just got Eaves in - who is better than the current (if we have any now) strikers, they also Have Nardiello, Lowe, Hope and Rose.

We sit in league one wWith Joe Bunney, Hendo, the Kid and our "Ready Made Replacements" - neither have scored since Done left and barely played.

I have had much Bull fed to me in various emploments over the years but at least they had the audacity to make it semi believeable. I barely believe a word I hear now tbh - Had the club wanted to go up Dones wages and part of the transfer money would have been used to get a kid in from a Premier club on loan like many clubs have to push a challenge on. We don't despite Hill doing his best Sutton impression saying what great football we play etc.

I cannot find a reason why we would not want to go up, but it seems there must be. The only semi valid reasons I can think of is something weird in the stadium negotiations or we cannot afford due to contracts - sadly neither seem to make any sense!!!!

There are loads of players looking to move out on loan to get game time and even more so young strikers from the leagues above us.To suggest we cant get hold of a decent loan striker/forward is quite simply not true.
Id suggest a phone call to flicker and take any of his "spare" ones any of whom would enhance our current options
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:55 - Mar 15 with 6431 viewsD_Dale

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:23 - Mar 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

Maybe Eaves is better than the current crop, but it's hard to get excited about him. His last goal was on 1 February - that's 1 February 2014 - 24 appearances ago. Yesterday he was subbed by Hallam Hope, who reputedly cost a lot and has also failed to score this season. I too would like to see Hill sign a goalscoring forward - but I'd not be able to name someone who is one, and who is also likely to be available to Dale.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:57 - Mar 15 with 6425 viewsNafelad

Anticipating another understrength team will take the field against Notts Cheaty, so I won't be going.

Topcat

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:00 - Mar 15 with 6412 viewsTalkingSutty

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:31 - Mar 15 by nordenblue

There are loads of players looking to move out on loan to get game time and even more so young strikers from the leagues above us.To suggest we cant get hold of a decent loan striker/forward is quite simply not true.
Id suggest a phone call to flicker and take any of his "spare" ones any of whom would enhance our current options

Notts County have a tricky winger on loan from Sheffield United, i bet Rafferty remembers him. I apologise for starting a Play Off thread last week, I should have listened to the manager. Anyway I have re-adjusted and expect us to draw at Meadow Lane and the season to slowly fizzle out to a final position of 17th or 18th. It seems that from here on in there isn't much to play for campers.

I would have taken that before the season started though.
Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:05 - Mar 15 with 6399 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 20:55 - Mar 15 by D_Dale

Maybe Eaves is better than the current crop, but it's hard to get excited about him. His last goal was on 1 February - that's 1 February 2014 - 24 appearances ago. Yesterday he was subbed by Hallam Hope, who reputedly cost a lot and has also failed to score this season. I too would like to see Hill sign a goalscoring forward - but I'd not be able to name someone who is one, and who is also likely to be available to Dale.

Thierry Ambrose at City would be interesting - But I am sure we have looked at him :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 21:07 - Mar 15 with 6393 viewsBlueMessiah

Quarter of the season left!! Excite us Keith!! on 18:58 - Mar 15 by nordenblue

I saw a clear message on deadline day that the board and manager were happy for the season to end at that point. Good cup run, money in the bank, player sold, money in the bank. Don't want to go up (yet?), unlikely to go down. League 1 consolidation accomplished.

All the tripe, lies and contradictions that has come from the club and manager since just reinforces this for me. I've not attended a Dale match since Done's sale. Call me fickle, part-timer, whatever I couldn't care less. Gone are the days when supporting the Dale ruled my life. I have plenty of other things to spend my time and cash on than watching a load of frendlies where the manager arses about with player experimentations, couldn't care about the result and berates the fans for HOPING (NOT expecting) for more. I don't like being told not to hope my team wins matches and continues to achieve and progress.

I'll save hundreds of pounds between February and summer, so my lad gets some new footy boots, my daughter gets some new dancing gear, the Mrs gets some Smirnoff and I get some new wiper blades - everyone's happy!!! Roll on summer!!

Poll: Do I Know You?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024