Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The build up play and that missed chance. 11:22 - Apr 28 with 6018 viewsdingdangblue

Anyone got any footage of it? The football league show and both Dale and Mk Dons highlights missed it out for some reason.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 9:22]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Camps miss on 11:29 - Apr 28 with 4983 viewsRalphs12

Really? Sure the lad doesn't need to know how much it could have changed the game. What's done is done. Move on.

Lots of players have missed chances similar to that, camps is young and hopefully strong enough to put it out of his mind and come back strong.
Camps miss on 11:46 - Apr 28 with 4949 viewsdingdangblue

Camps miss on 11:29 - Apr 28 by Ralphs12

Really? Sure the lad doesn't need to know how much it could have changed the game. What's done is done. Move on.

Lots of players have missed chances similar to that, camps is young and hopefully strong enough to put it out of his mind and come back strong.

No - he said himself (Dalestar) that other players mistakes cost us just as much and we got to see Cannon, Bennett and Allen lose possession. We probably still would have lost even if he had scored so there's nothing wrong with watching it again.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Camps miss on 12:05 - Apr 28 with 4911 viewsRalphs12

Camps miss on 11:46 - Apr 28 by dingdangblue

No - he said himself (Dalestar) that other players mistakes cost us just as much and we got to see Cannon, Bennett and Allen lose possession. We probably still would have lost even if he had scored so there's nothing wrong with watching it again.

Ahh so because you think its him it has to be him. For what its worth hes probably right, other players mistakes did cost us just as much, just like the strike against the post could have cost them. It didn't, that's football. Lets all sit round and watch a miss.

Camps miss on 12:10 - Apr 28 with 4887 viewssweetcorn

Inb4dalestar

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Camps miss on 17:37 - Apr 28 with 4520 viewsdalestar

Camps miss on 11:46 - Apr 28 by dingdangblue

So if I was Callum do you think I would come on here and put the blame on team mates in a public forum? Don't think so do you? I'll say it again im a family friend and have known Callum since he was a baby, and I can tell you he would not come on here or take any notice of the few who seem to be having digs at him most of the season,whereas I think its unjust,at the end of the day he's a 19 year old lad who has been in and out of the team with a few little injuries that have hindered proggression.yes it was a bad miss and he more than anyone knows that,why not get behind the young lads that make mistakes (he's not the first and wont be the last!!) instead of having little digs and saying he basically cost the 3 points,which is a millon miles from the truth??
Camps miss on 18:02 - Apr 28 with 4476 viewsLeague1Dale

An undoubted talent and we are lucky to have him and the other boys come through our academy into our 1st team. Why do people look for the bad in these young kids instead of applauding the good they do. They are learning the game and will make mistakes as do seasoned pro's. Give the kids a break instead of slating them, they are our home grown players who are proud to wear the shirt. Ffs back them.
Camps miss on 18:12 - Apr 28 with 4441 viewsChaffRAFC

Callum has bags of quality, he made a mistake, so did Bennett, Cannon, Tanser, Jones etc. His gets highlighted because it was a goalscoring chance. It wasn't the difference between winning and losing, let it go and move on.

Hopefully he'll come back in the summer and be pushing for a regular first team place instead of a bit part player with a couple of mini runs in the side. Knuckle down, work hard and his ability, along with effort, should see him come through like Jamie Allen.

Let's not hang the lad out to dry for one bloody miss.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Camps miss on 18:13 - Apr 28 with 4439 viewsDickydaler

I very much agree, the fans should back our younger players to the hilt. It's a shame our manager doesn't on occasions.
Login to get fewer ads

Camps miss on 18:45 - Apr 28 with 4389 viewsTalkingSutty

Camps miss on 18:13 - Apr 28 by Dickydaler

I very much agree, the fans should back our younger players to the hilt. It's a shame our manager doesn't on occasions.

Hilly was spot on with his criticism, we shot ourselves in the foot on Saturday. Camps didn't even hit the target, if the keeper saves it fair enough but it was a bad,bad miss. He deserved a Bollocking.

Cannon had a decent game but it's not the first time he has dallied and taken an extra touch instead of clearing the danger, against good players it costs you a goal.

The third goal was ridiculous and Bennett was basically done by a player who showed more appetite than him. The forward just shrugged him out of the way, he was hungrier for the ball which is indefensible really. He has a lot of good qualities Rhys but he needs to get rid of his languid/ laid back style and sharpen up a bit because he often gets caught in possession, especially against better players.

You can only protect your players for so long and it was good to see the manager losing his rag for the right reasons.
Camps miss on 18:53 - Apr 28 with 4361 views_dezzy

I blame the miss on to much vodka and Charlie at his party

KHBA

Camps miss on 18:56 - Apr 28 with 4350 views442Dale

Camps miss on 18:45 - Apr 28 by TalkingSutty

Hilly was spot on with his criticism, we shot ourselves in the foot on Saturday. Camps didn't even hit the target, if the keeper saves it fair enough but it was a bad,bad miss. He deserved a Bollocking.

Cannon had a decent game but it's not the first time he has dallied and taken an extra touch instead of clearing the danger, against good players it costs you a goal.

The third goal was ridiculous and Bennett was basically done by a player who showed more appetite than him. The forward just shrugged him out of the way, he was hungrier for the ball which is indefensible really. He has a lot of good qualities Rhys but he needs to get rid of his languid/ laid back style and sharpen up a bit because he often gets caught in possession, especially against better players.

You can only protect your players for so long and it was good to see the manager losing his rag for the right reasons.

So you're prepared to take him to Barnsley in your car?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Camps miss on 19:00 - Apr 28 with 4343 viewsRalphs12

Camps miss on 18:12 - Apr 28 by ChaffRAFC

Callum has bags of quality, he made a mistake, so did Bennett, Cannon, Tanser, Jones etc. His gets highlighted because it was a goalscoring chance. It wasn't the difference between winning and losing, let it go and move on.

Hopefully he'll come back in the summer and be pushing for a regular first team place instead of a bit part player with a couple of mini runs in the side. Knuckle down, work hard and his ability, along with effort, should see him come through like Jamie Allen.

Let's not hang the lad out to dry for one bloody miss.

Exactly, the original post is pathetic. I don't remember similar post when hendo? missed one on the line (could be wrong but I'm sure i remember one from this season)
Camps miss on 19:11 - Apr 28 with 4315 viewsdingdangblue

Camps miss on 17:37 - Apr 28 by dalestar

So if I was Callum do you think I would come on here and put the blame on team mates in a public forum? Don't think so do you? I'll say it again im a family friend and have known Callum since he was a baby, and I can tell you he would not come on here or take any notice of the few who seem to be having digs at him most of the season,whereas I think its unjust,at the end of the day he's a 19 year old lad who has been in and out of the team with a few little injuries that have hindered proggression.yes it was a bad miss and he more than anyone knows that,why not get behind the young lads that make mistakes (he's not the first and wont be the last!!) instead of having little digs and saying he basically cost the 3 points,which is a millon miles from the truth??

Fair enough, you are not him. I was very surprised he started to be honest? When was the last game he started? Undoubtedly a very talented young footballer but Hilly hasn't really trusted him all season so to start him in a game of such importance was a strange one. He makes a comment in the Observer today about Young Pretenders need to stop pretending? Not sure who that is aimed at ? Think he was just pissed off because Chesterfield lost.

Camps miss on 19:13 - Apr 28 with 4301 viewsTalkingSutty

Camps miss on 18:56 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

So you're prepared to take him to Barnsley in your car?

I would take Hilly to the moon and back, he's a cracking manager and I would love to have an hour with him in the car.

His comments regarding the Barnsley game though just let him down. I can't ever remember there being a manager who hasn't turned up for a football league game because he decided to go on holiday rather than manage the team? I can't think of it ever happening.

Could he be accused of chickening out if he doesn't turn up? I would be amazed if he didn't, that's what the club pay him to do.

Can you imagine no Keith Hill and all the fans dressed in pink,the Barnsley and bury fans would have a field day with that one. Expect Hilly to walk out in a pink bodysuit for this one.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 19:17]
Camps miss on 19:21 - Apr 28 with 4254 viewsdingdangblue

Camps miss on 19:00 - Apr 28 by Ralphs12

Exactly, the original post is pathetic. I don't remember similar post when hendo? missed one on the line (could be wrong but I'm sure i remember one from this season)

At Preston? It was shown in the highlights so no need to post about it not being shown. Why is it a pathetic post? It was a great move involving Tanser and Henderson and should have been in the highlights in my opinion .

Camps miss on 19:42 - Apr 28 with 4195 viewsfitzochris

Camps miss on 19:21 - Apr 28 by dingdangblue

At Preston? It was shown in the highlights so no need to post about it not being shown. Why is it a pathetic post? It was a great move involving Tanser and Henderson and should have been in the highlights in my opinion .

I agree. Tanser did well down that flank. That move in particular was pretty special. It was a terrible miss by Camps at the end of it, but he'll know that better than anyone else.

The move itself is worth seeing again, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Camps miss on 20:18 - Apr 28 with 4140 viewsD_Alien

Camps miss on 19:42 - Apr 28 by fitzochris

I agree. Tanser did well down that flank. That move in particular was pretty special. It was a terrible miss by Camps at the end of it, but he'll know that better than anyone else.

The move itself is worth seeing again, though.

And that's all the OP was asking IMO

I wouldn't mind seeing it again, not because I'm here to slate Camps or any of our players, but simply because I want to relive the action as it happened.

The League1Dale post is completely wide of the mark (if you'll excuse the pun) and Camps has nothing to reproach himself about. The fans discuss the miss like we would any other miss, that's just football. If I were Camps, I wouldn't want someone coming on here "sticking up for me" - it's a bit like someone's dad going round to the bullyboy neighbours house. How embarrassing.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Camps miss on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 4091 viewsdingdangblue

Camps miss on 20:18 - Apr 28 by D_Alien

I wouldn't mind seeing it again, not because I'm here to slate Camps or any of our players, but simply because I want to relive the action as it happened.

The League1Dale post is completely wide of the mark (if you'll excuse the pun) and Camps has nothing to reproach himself about. The fans discuss the miss like we would any other miss, that's just football. If I were Camps, I wouldn't want someone coming on here "sticking up for me" - it's a bit like someone's dad going round to the bullyboy neighbours house. How embarrassing.

Cheers. This isn't a 'lets slate Callum Camps' thread - nothing could be further from the truth. I know if Callum had that chance 99 times he would score - just one of those freak things that happen - like O'Grady's miss at Gigg a few years ago. I've already said we would probably have still lost the game so in no way is it blaming him for anything. He kept our season alive against Port Vale with that brilliant cross for Andrews goal - so if anything he made last Saturday's game an important one and not just our last home of the season.

Camps miss on 20:32 - Apr 28 with 4085 viewsTalkingSutty

Camps miss on 20:18 - Apr 28 by D_Alien

It was a miss that was worthy of comment but I can think of 3 poor misses by Hendo over the last month, these things happen it's part of the game. I watched Camps on Saturday following his miss and he seemed to double his efforts and chased everything down, next time I think he will show more conviction because he seemed a bit too casual with the effort.

They are kids and are still learning. Dezzy made a great point a couple of days ago, the promotion came very quick for them and they are learning their trade in a higher division, which is tough.
Camps miss on 21:31 - Apr 28 with 3998 viewsTVOS1907

Think Ralphs means the one v Yeovil at the Sandy Lane end when he put it over the bar from inside the six yard box.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Camps miss on 22:24 - Apr 28 with 3910 viewsmiddale

Yes the FLS highlights at just over a minute (why?) didn't really do justice to a great game. Also disappointing that they didn't show that wonder save from the deflected Hendo cross in the last minute that would have made it 3-3.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Camps miss on 23:11 - Apr 28 with 3850 viewsdingdangblue

Camps miss on 22:24 - Apr 28 by middale

Yes the FLS highlights at just over a minute (why?) didn't really do justice to a great game. Also disappointing that they didn't show that wonder save from the deflected Hendo cross in the last minute that would have made it 3-3.

They spend far too long talking after the highlights - then go over highlights again that they've just shown. We'll see if channel 5 have a different approach - but 3 or 4 ad breaks wont help.

Camps miss on 08:33 - Apr 29 with 3712 viewsfermin

Dale Player has both the Camps miss and the save from the deflection at the end in their highlights.

Not sure how asking to see the miss again becomes blaming Camps for the defeat later in the thread - seems a bit of a leap of logic.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 17:32]
Camps miss on 08:41 - Apr 29 with 3699 viewsaleanddale

Nowt wrong with OP and agree it was that bad a miss it's worthy of comment hence the discussion!!

Callum obviously knows this and had a decent game last Saturday. He is very talented I just hope his attitude and application is also spot on. If it is he will have a long successful career. If not he will join thousands of other young lads on the could have been a good un scrap heap.

Next season Camps and Tanser and Cannon and Allen and Eastham and Bennett and Rafferty could all be a big part of a very special season.

Get a keeper - experienced centre half - goal Scoring number 9 play Hendo wide left and bingo!!!!

Easy this management lark!!!
Camps miss on 09:00 - Apr 29 with 3669 viewsRalphs12

Maybe pathetic is to strong but it just seemed like you wanted to re watch the miss alone not the build up play. To make a thread about it seemed poor in my opinion what with it being one of the young players, who we should look champion.

And yeah tvos is correct it was the miss in the sandy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024