Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matty Done 23:22 - May 7 with 4662 viewsAlexF

I honestly believe his leaving in January was the difference between playoffs and not. Would it have done any harm for him to leave now instead of then? He cant even get in the Sheff U team :(
Matty Done on 23:45 - May 7 with 4594 viewsR_AFC

I think your right, however many will agree and many will disagree. The debate has been done to death now.

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Matty Done on 00:49 - May 8 with 4488 viewsDaley_Lama

Harry Hill style

Done gone V Logan injured

For me Henderson filled Done's boots, nobody filled Logan's gloves.

Poll: DF in or out

Matty Done on 02:01 - May 8 with 4450 viewsAtThePeake

Matty Done on 00:49 - May 8 by Daley_Lama

Harry Hill style

It would have been interesting to see how we'd have fared in the away matches against Bristol City, Preston North End, Fleetwood Town, Gillingham, Doncaster Rovers and Peterborough United with Matt Done.

For me, in those games, we lacked something in attack. For all the goals Hendo got us in the final months of the season, away from home, we sometimes lacked a little bit of energy and aggression in the final third. As one of Hendo's' biggest fans, I want to make it clear I'm not criticising him - just saying that I'm not sure he fit into our system as the central forward, quite the same way Done did - particularly in away matches where we were often on the back foot and needed a pacy, enegretic outlet.

Of course, the stats show that we were strong enough in attack for Done's absence to not matter too much, and I would agree that defensive additions should be the priority this summer, but it's something worth mentioning during the Done discussion in my opinion.

Tangled up in blue.

Matty Done on 10:02 - May 8 with 4209 viewsParkinsGimp

I think that definitely stalled our progress. I was disappointed with the " we have adequate replacements" quote ...that was obviously not the case.
Matty Done on 10:38 - May 8 with 4159 viewsDaleiLama

Goals weren't really the problem

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matty Done on 10:45 - May 8 with 4135 viewstazzydjr

Matty Done going Blades were the making of Ian Henderson

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Matty Done on 11:17 - May 8 with 4087 viewsDaleiLama

Matty Done on 10:45 - May 8 by tazzydjr

Matty Done going Blades were the making of Ian Henderson

His record speaks for itself and belies the contention that Herbalife gets in the way of his footy career.

He had a drop of in form (as I said at the time, form is temporary but class is permanent) but think where he might have finished in this table if he'd performed at his best level all season!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matty Done on 05:00 - May 9 with 3779 viewsNigeriamark

Matty Done on 00:49 - May 8 by Daley_Lama

Harry Hill style

Also if you look at the first half v 2nd half of the season regarding the spine of the team ( which many experts consider the most important), some of our best players in the first half would have been

Logan
JOC
Dawson
Done

In the second half of the season we would have been without at least 3 of those in many games. Would have been nice to hold on to Done but not sure he would have made the difference without also the other 3

Amazing we came so close at the end and held on to 8th
Login to get fewer ads

Matty Done on 12:54 - May 9 with 3566 viewsShun

Matty Done on 02:01 - May 8 by AtThePeake

It would have been interesting to see how we'd have fared in the away matches against Bristol City, Preston North End, Fleetwood Town, Gillingham, Doncaster Rovers and Peterborough United with Matt Done.

For me, in those games, we lacked something in attack. For all the goals Hendo got us in the final months of the season, away from home, we sometimes lacked a little bit of energy and aggression in the final third. As one of Hendo's' biggest fans, I want to make it clear I'm not criticising him - just saying that I'm not sure he fit into our system as the central forward, quite the same way Done did - particularly in away matches where we were often on the back foot and needed a pacy, enegretic outlet.

Of course, the stats show that we were strong enough in attack for Done's absence to not matter too much, and I would agree that defensive additions should be the priority this summer, but it's something worth mentioning during the Done discussion in my opinion.

Meant to +1 this but -1'd it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024