Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998405 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - May 27 with 4028 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:35 - May 27 by kel

I’m still not sure why one of them wants the “gypo” to sit down.

So he can get a haircut?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:59 - May 27 with 3961 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - May 27 by TVOS1907

So he can get a haircut?

Why has op only got 4 up votes. Let’s get it to a decent level!!!£

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:10 - May 27 with 3920 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:59 - May 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Why has op only got 4 up votes. Let’s get it to a decent level!!!£

Someone hasn’t been downvoting each upvote, have they?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - May 27 with 3905 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:10 - May 27 by TVOS1907

Someone hasn’t been downvoting each upvote, have they?

Pdiddy upvoted it 😂😂😂

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - May 27 with 3903 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:34 - May 27 by 1907

Not too sure but he is one radicalised idiot. Encouraging behaviour like that is mind boggling.

We all know that they’re not paying wages because the endless supply of lending has finally dried up.

Turning up at his doorstep isn’t going to change anything.

Actually, it might change a lot. If doing this mindless nonsense outside his house has aggravated him and his family sufficiently, SD2 may just intentionally decide to make survival as difficult as possible, or send the club into oblivion.

Thennthey can think about their own conduct and the effect it had. Morons.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:26 - May 27 with 3706 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - May 27 by SuddenLad

Actually, it might change a lot. If doing this mindless nonsense outside his house has aggravated him and his family sufficiently, SD2 may just intentionally decide to make survival as difficult as possible, or send the club into oblivion.

Thennthey can think about their own conduct and the effect it had. Morons.

If Dale came in with good intentions, only to find things were so bad, they have effectively alienated the bloke, so he will just give up bothering, he will just move on.

Lapping up Stewart Days rubbish for years and blaming someone who may have good intentions (tbh I don’t believe that) could be the last nail.

It’s been a great ride but it’s over, thanks Stewie!!!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 04:13 - May 28 with 3461 viewsKatula

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:30 - May 26 by RAFCBLUE

Memories and recollections of history are funny things, R11.

If you look at the last 25 years of bury fc financial misappropriation then you'll see a long line of us on this side of the boundary that have pointed out, time and time again of the financial side of your club being the cause of your own downfall.

That's over the period 1994 to 2019 and not just the latest period in your illustrious history.

It started with Hughie Eaves in the late 90's who misappropriated £20m from the City - a vast proportion of which was pumped into the bury team - that won promotion to the Championship in 1997. It was such a big deal that Eaves made the national papers and bolted to the Far East:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/investor-sorry-for-pounds-20m-losses-1092690.

When bury won tier 3 in 1997, with a team of players you could not afford, you lot all lapped it up.

When you were relegated back to Tier 3 in 1999 and Tier 4 in 2002, it was no one at fault but Uncle Hughie.

Fast forward through the subsequent board leadership post the Hugh Eaves fraud and its Terry Robinson, Ian Mills and Ian Harrop, Brian Fenton and along came Stewart Day in 2013.

Under Terry Robinson, bury faced court proceedings on 4 March 2002 by a firm owed £1.35m, secured on the club's historic Gigg Lane ground, which could be repossessed and sold to developers. The David Conn article at the time is entitled "Bury's begging bowl may not avert closure". That bowl had been out for over four years by that point and is still out 17 years later!

That £1.35m saw bury, placed into administration on 1 March 2002 by their two directors, John Smith and Fred Mason, when they had debts of around £2.6m, including a £1.35m mortgage secured on Gigg Lane. The High Court allowed the administrator two weeks, to raise £370,000, Bury's running costs — mostly players' wages — for the season, or the club would have been wound up in 2002.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/david-conn-burys-b

Under Brian Fenton, bury needed £1m in 2013 to survive and he didn't want administration. He told the bury times about it here: https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/10349976.administration-is-not-an-option-for-bu

Worth noting that this is the actual point that you were sold by Brian Fenton bury was potless and that in the late Neville Neville's brokering of a deal you actually kept a club alive.

And you lot all lapped it up.

Had Stewart Day come in and run bury like your current Chairman is now - paying out only money that you had to meet financial commitments - you'd have had administration and many of the things Brian Fenton had predicted in his bury times interview of 2013.

The MEN article still reminds us that without Day you would have had administration and a points deduction 6 years ago.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shakers-saf

Except Stewart Day is not only a saviour but special humanitarian promising all things positive for bury fc.

He comes in and gets you a ex-Premier League training ground to train at, promise a new ground, a pop concert starring Coolio and the Happy Mondays and promises football in the Championship in the most ludicrous five year plan we have seen.

Day pays for this with eye watering loans, money that he didn't have. Just like the circumstances that nearly saw you wound-up in 2002.

Every single one of you who ran on the field promoted on the final day at Tranmere in 2015 did so celebrating a 33 year old property developer bankrolling a club having made his money apparently in one of the worst property markets before taking over your club.

And you all lapped it up.

So forgive us all for standing back and pointing out what is obvious. The similarities of money from nowhere between Hugh Eaves and Stewart Day, were and are somewhat obvious.

It was the obviousness of it that gave birth to this monster thread in 2015 whilst you all enjoyed the ride.

Steven Dale isn't prepared to continue to borrow money to keep the ship afloat with its current cost base. Nor is he going to write an open cheque for all those owed money by previous regimes.

You dodged being wound-up in 2002, you should have gone into administration in 2013 but chose not to and for the five years after that have spend an immense amount over and above what you can afford.

I've some sympathy for Steve Dale here. Why should he pay for your historic mess?

He could and probably should do the honorable thing and stick you into administration immediately and wipe off all the debts; but that will see you relegated from League 1 in 2020 and I'd wager League 2 in 2021.

He's running you properly. Like we've and many other lower division clubs have had to exist for over 100 years.

We were the most underachieving team in football for 40+ years apparently, but we've always paid our bills.

It HAS to come to an end for bury soon. The pot is empty and it's not good getting those buckets out now. We live in a contactless age.

Equally its nothing personal from Steve Dale, just business.

He's after a return on his £1 and had he not got involved in December 2018 then bury would have been in to administration with Day's other businesses and you wouldn't have this season's tainted 2019 promotion.

If you think about it from our side, most of us waited 40+ years for that promotion vs Northampton. On our own money and endeavour.

bury have had five promotions in 25 years (1996, 1997, 2011, 2015 and 2019) on the back of a highly financially irregular environment. The extent of the Day involvement and 2015 and 2019 with money you didn't have is becoming clearer.

All these are tainted successes so meaningless in our eyes.

bury will reform and have a go in the lower tiers. Stockport did and look at them.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 19:33]

Bury fan here. Not come for the diatribe that usually happens when our fans cross forums. I was notified about this specific post and thought I would give a honest as possible reply.

First off i will say 90% of the post in bang on the money. Yes we have lived beyond our means for far to long. Yes looking back a few of our promotions have been built on funding that we never should have had. Yes the vast majority of our fans have lapped it up over and over and Yes we are now probably paying for years and years of underhand leadership at the club

The 10% of the post i can not agree with is when you get to Steve Dale. You say he is running us properly but this could not be any further from the truth. He knew full well when he come to the club what sort of financial trouble we was in. By all accounts he only payed £1 for Bury F.C and has done nothing but take out. No bills at all have been paid since February and as you are aware the players and staff have not been paid for three months. In that time we have had a couple of 7000+ attendances, had money paid to the club for a cup semi final appearence and also had our standard payments from the EFL. Also we have sold around a thousand season tickets for next season. All the money generated from this appears to have vanished into fresh air. Dale is a conman crook who has a history of ripping people off and liquidating companys. This guy is destroying peoples livelihoods and purposley running the club into the ground. Suggesting that he is running the club properly is beyond farsical and imo the suggestion that he is ruined a great and very factual post

Not all of our fans have lapped it up. Personally I have been saying from day 1 of Stewart Days tenure that this will end in tears. Admission prices got reduced the wage bill shot up massively while attendances and income remained the same. Anybody with a single brain cell ( admittedly a lot of our fans do not seem to have) could see how this would end and unfortunately we have now come to that point.

I can not say we deserve what is now happening (most likely liquidation) but on the other hand I do agree we should not be allowed to get away with it unpunished. However the EFL and the whole fit and proper test needs to be looked at big time for sitting back and allowing this mess to develop. It is a total disgrace that guys like Day and Dale are allowed anywhere near professional football clubs

I suppose a lot of people will say that Steve Dale's current actions is karma for years and years of mismanagement over spending and living beyond our means. To a extent i can agree with that even though it hurts to say it but ultimately no matter what happened i would never wish our current position on any supporter of any other club. I would never wish that another club goes bump and over a 100 years of history goes with it.

Everything considered i genuinely believe that this is the end for Bury F.C. We have been rescued numerous times from deaths door but it would appear the we have finally run out of lives. If that gives you satisfaction then so be it but bare in mind not everybody lapped it up and turned a blind eye to what was going on at the club. A lot of very good and honest people are being affected massively by this whole debacle

Good luck for next season and the future
[Post edited 28 May 2019 4:22]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:00 - May 28 with 3245 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 04:13 - May 28 by Katula

Bury fan here. Not come for the diatribe that usually happens when our fans cross forums. I was notified about this specific post and thought I would give a honest as possible reply.

First off i will say 90% of the post in bang on the money. Yes we have lived beyond our means for far to long. Yes looking back a few of our promotions have been built on funding that we never should have had. Yes the vast majority of our fans have lapped it up over and over and Yes we are now probably paying for years and years of underhand leadership at the club

The 10% of the post i can not agree with is when you get to Steve Dale. You say he is running us properly but this could not be any further from the truth. He knew full well when he come to the club what sort of financial trouble we was in. By all accounts he only payed £1 for Bury F.C and has done nothing but take out. No bills at all have been paid since February and as you are aware the players and staff have not been paid for three months. In that time we have had a couple of 7000+ attendances, had money paid to the club for a cup semi final appearence and also had our standard payments from the EFL. Also we have sold around a thousand season tickets for next season. All the money generated from this appears to have vanished into fresh air. Dale is a conman crook who has a history of ripping people off and liquidating companys. This guy is destroying peoples livelihoods and purposley running the club into the ground. Suggesting that he is running the club properly is beyond farsical and imo the suggestion that he is ruined a great and very factual post

Not all of our fans have lapped it up. Personally I have been saying from day 1 of Stewart Days tenure that this will end in tears. Admission prices got reduced the wage bill shot up massively while attendances and income remained the same. Anybody with a single brain cell ( admittedly a lot of our fans do not seem to have) could see how this would end and unfortunately we have now come to that point.

I can not say we deserve what is now happening (most likely liquidation) but on the other hand I do agree we should not be allowed to get away with it unpunished. However the EFL and the whole fit and proper test needs to be looked at big time for sitting back and allowing this mess to develop. It is a total disgrace that guys like Day and Dale are allowed anywhere near professional football clubs

I suppose a lot of people will say that Steve Dale's current actions is karma for years and years of mismanagement over spending and living beyond our means. To a extent i can agree with that even though it hurts to say it but ultimately no matter what happened i would never wish our current position on any supporter of any other club. I would never wish that another club goes bump and over a 100 years of history goes with it.

Everything considered i genuinely believe that this is the end for Bury F.C. We have been rescued numerous times from deaths door but it would appear the we have finally run out of lives. If that gives you satisfaction then so be it but bare in mind not everybody lapped it up and turned a blind eye to what was going on at the club. A lot of very good and honest people are being affected massively by this whole debacle

KongrATULAtions on your common sense

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:01 - May 28 with 3245 viewsSuddenLad

Would it not be the case that any income of cash, since SD2 arrived would be being paid to the priority debtors ? That would include HMRC & PFA, who would be definitely be reimbursed before club staff got paid. I seem to remember that the EFL have already advanced NEXT SEASON's money (or a great chunk of it) to help the situation. They will ensure they get that back before the club pays outsiders.

In any case, whatever income is available is a drop in the ocean when compared to what is owed. Only last week, SD2 stated that the crippling interest rates were seriously impacting on the club and rising on a DAILY basis. None of this is of his making and he claims that many debts were unknown until after he shelled out his £1 coin and then opened Pandora's box.

All the incoming cash from season tickets etc, may simply be being paid to service the debts and pay the crippling interest. I know you're not used to it, but that would be the sensible thing to do.

As someone else alluded to earlier in this thread, it seems highly improbable that all the financial jiggery-pokery that has been going on for years, is entirely above the law. I can actually see that the club will be wound up, cease to exist in its' current form and a criminal enquiry will follow, by the SFO. This debt is many millions of pounds and needs to be properly investigated.

Bury FC cannot be allowed to continue as a member of the EFL in its' current state and whilst mired in debt. One way of the other, June 15th 2019, is and will be, a defining moment in your history.

The EFL have a duty to all other clubs to ensure that all rules and conditions of membership are complied with and that those who WILFULLY & KNOWINGLY persist in flouting those rules - otherwise known as blatant cheating - are severely punished, disqualified from taking part in the EFL, ultimately, threatened with being expelled from the league.

The latter is entirely unlikely, but a relegation of AT LEAST 2 divisions and a major points deduction will be the only acceptable sanction. Assuming, of course, that there is a club left to punish, when the Court has decided its' fate.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:07 - May 28 with 3218 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 04:13 - May 28 by Katula

A lone ( ish ) bury voice speaking some sense.

bury fc needs more realists like yourself and R11 then the club might have half a chance.

If bury FC starts the 2019/20 season what measures will be introduced so the clubs annual expenditure is less than the income?

it only needs to be £1 less BTW!.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:23 - May 28 with 3182 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:01 - May 28 by SuddenLad

Would it not be the case that any income of cash, since SD2 arrived would be being paid to the priority debtors ? That would include HMRC & PFA, who would be definitely be reimbursed before club staff got paid. I seem to remember that the EFL have already advanced NEXT SEASON's money (or a great chunk of it) to help the situation. They will ensure they get that back before the club pays outsiders.

In any case, whatever income is available is a drop in the ocean when compared to what is owed. Only last week, SD2 stated that the crippling interest rates were seriously impacting on the club and rising on a DAILY basis. None of this is of his making and he claims that many debts were unknown until after he shelled out his £1 coin and then opened Pandora's box.

All the incoming cash from season tickets etc, may simply be being paid to service the debts and pay the crippling interest. I know you're not used to it, but that would be the sensible thing to do.

As someone else alluded to earlier in this thread, it seems highly improbable that all the financial jiggery-pokery that has been going on for years, is entirely above the law. I can actually see that the club will be wound up, cease to exist in its' current form and a criminal enquiry will follow, by the SFO. This debt is many millions of pounds and needs to be properly investigated.

Bury FC cannot be allowed to continue as a member of the EFL in its' current state and whilst mired in debt. One way of the other, June 15th 2019, is and will be, a defining moment in your history.

The EFL have a duty to all other clubs to ensure that all rules and conditions of membership are complied with and that those who WILFULLY & KNOWINGLY persist in flouting those rules - otherwise known as blatant cheating - are severely punished, disqualified from taking part in the EFL, ultimately, threatened with being expelled from the league.

The latter is entirely unlikely, but a relegation of AT LEAST 2 divisions and a major points deduction will be the only acceptable sanction. Assuming, of course, that there is a club left to punish, when the Court has decided its' fate.

I wouldn't believe a word SD2 says. He's an asset stripper who closes down businesses. You cant seriously believe he bought a football club for £1 not knowing what dire straits it was in. His sole intention is to close down having put nothing in.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:57 - May 28 with 3119 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:23 - May 28 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't believe a word SD2 says. He's an asset stripper who closes down businesses. You cant seriously believe he bought a football club for £1 not knowing what dire straits it was in. His sole intention is to close down having put nothing in.

You may well be right, but whilst the corpse is still twitching, survival is still a possibility, however remote. I know nothing about SD2, except for what has been bandied about on here, but he is clearly no mug when it comes to making money as his home and driveway would imply from the scenes yesterday.

To be charitable, it does seems possible that there were debts of which he was previously unaware, or alternatively, conditions applied to those debts, that made his plans harder to execute, therefore he is struggling to achieve his aim of either rescuing the club, or dissolving it and selling the assets. It's one for the Courts to sort out.

Perhaps Forever Bury could fork out £2 and give him a 100% profit on his purchase.

I think his silence on his plans for the club is a bit baffling and that diatribe he issued last week seemed more like a veiled threat than an attempt to get people 'on side'. He is certainly going about things in a strange way, but to what end, is a mystery. The longer it goes, the less likely I think it is that BFC will survive.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - May 28 with 3083 views1907

Surely it is glaringly obvious that the only way the players were being paid was from Wonga style loan after loan?

SD2 has finally stopped this practice and ultimately the club don’t have sufficient revenue to cover the wages as well as cover the set repayment? Who would have thought that eh?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:48 - May 28 with 3026 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - May 28 by 1907

Surely it is glaringly obvious that the only way the players were being paid was from Wonga style loan after loan?

SD2 has finally stopped this practice and ultimately the club don’t have sufficient revenue to cover the wages as well as cover the set repayment? Who would have thought that eh?

Exactly this and yet some bury fans, even up to yesterday, are still posting links to a club video marking their promotion, as though it’s something to be celebrated and to be proud of.

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:57 - May 28 with 3008 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:48 - May 28 by TVOS1907

Exactly this and yet some bury fans, even up to yesterday, are still posting links to a club video marking their promotion, as though it’s something to be celebrated and to be proud of.

Maybe the Neville's can come in with their hard earned MILLION's and save them!

[Post edited 28 May 2019 11:00]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:30 - May 28 with 2951 viewsKatula

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:01 - May 28 by SuddenLad

Why would we be paying the EFL back for a advance we only received 6 weeks ago? Why would Steve Dale even be attempting to pay any debts off when his plan is to liquidate us? I believe that has been his plan from the moment he arrived. I also believe that SD1 and SD2 are known to each other and are in this together

Steve Dale claimed to be a successful businessman and said his legal team had done extensive due diligense on Bury F.C before he bought it. Are we really meant to believe that the sky high interest rates on previous loans have come as a surprise to him? The interest rates and previous loans he is refaring to have been common knowledge long before he arrived at the club. Any 10 year old with basic computer skills could have found this out but we are meant to believe that his legal team did not?

I am quite sure that any investigation will find that no laws have been broken. No fraud has taken place. It is beyond disgraceful the way a chancer like Stewart Day can come into the club take out loan after loan secured against the stadium and property of Bury fc saddle us with millions of pounds worth of debt then just walk away scot-free. The EFL are probably the only organisation who could have done anything to stop this yet they have sat back and allowed it to continue. Not only that they have now allowed a even bigger chancer /conman like Steve Dale to walk in and finish us off even though yet again a quick Internet search would reveal that Dale has a extensive history of liquidating and dissolving businesses. Not only that they have give him a big chunk of money to help him on his way. The fit and proper test just like the EFL is a absolute joke

While I understand how frustrating it is for fans of other clubs who from afar can see the scandalous way we have gone about things spare a thought for the few Bury fans can see exactly the same things but are completely powerless to do anything about it. No option but to just sit back and watch it unfold. It really is devastating

I would snap your hand off right now if our punishment was to start next season in the conference north with a 15 point deduction. However as I stated in a previous post that is just wishful thinking. We won't get out of the mess this time around
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - May 28 with 2924 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:30 - May 28 by Katula

Why would we be paying the EFL back for a advance we only received 6 weeks ago? Why would Steve Dale even be attempting to pay any debts off when his plan is to liquidate us? I believe that has been his plan from the moment he arrived. I also believe that SD1 and SD2 are known to each other and are in this together

Steve Dale claimed to be a successful businessman and said his legal team had done extensive due diligense on Bury F.C before he bought it. Are we really meant to believe that the sky high interest rates on previous loans have come as a surprise to him? The interest rates and previous loans he is refaring to have been common knowledge long before he arrived at the club. Any 10 year old with basic computer skills could have found this out but we are meant to believe that his legal team did not?

I am quite sure that any investigation will find that no laws have been broken. No fraud has taken place. It is beyond disgraceful the way a chancer like Stewart Day can come into the club take out loan after loan secured against the stadium and property of Bury fc saddle us with millions of pounds worth of debt then just walk away scot-free. The EFL are probably the only organisation who could have done anything to stop this yet they have sat back and allowed it to continue. Not only that they have now allowed a even bigger chancer /conman like Steve Dale to walk in and finish us off even though yet again a quick Internet search would reveal that Dale has a extensive history of liquidating and dissolving businesses. Not only that they have give him a big chunk of money to help him on his way. The fit and proper test just like the EFL is a absolute joke

While I understand how frustrating it is for fans of other clubs who from afar can see the scandalous way we have gone about things spare a thought for the few Bury fans can see exactly the same things but are completely powerless to do anything about it. No option but to just sit back and watch it unfold. It really is devastating

I would snap your hand off right now if our punishment was to start next season in the conference north with a 15 point deduction. However as I stated in a previous post that is just wishful thinking. We won't get out of the mess this time around

I bet you were still there dancing around cheering them on after "winning"(cheating tvvats) yet another promotion.
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

#enjoytheride
#enjoythenewstadium
#enjoytheconcert
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:49 - May 28 with 2893 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - May 28 by nordenblue

I bet you were still there dancing around cheering them on after "winning"(cheating tvvats) yet another promotion.

#enjoytheride
#enjoythenewstadium
#enjoytheconcert

To be fair NB this poster has shown a level of humility that we have been requesting.

More of the same would be a refreshing change and give them the slimmest of slim chances.

They have massive problems already - just wait to see how big the pile of poop is if the full extent is ever revealed.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:49 - May 28 with 2890 viewsBartRowou

#enjoytheride
#enjoythenewstadium
#enjoytheconcert

That's harsh. There are some decent Bury fans and,based on the above posts, he/she is one of them.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:52 - May 28 with 2879 viewsKatula

#enjoytheride
#enjoythenewstadium
#enjoytheconcert

Classy
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:55 - May 28 with 2863 viewsdawlishdale

You come across as a sensible chap, and I think most of us do have sympathy. However; I would counter argue that the REAL culprits here, along side SD1 and SD2 are the sizeable number of bury fans who fell for the lies hook line and sinker, and have made life extremely difficult for the people who smelled a rat from the start, and refused to listen to any criticism from the more educated supporters...shouting them down at meetings or on messageboards.

I visit your forum from time to time and rather than organising a swearing competition outside SD2's home (which can only make things worse if that were possible), I'd be pointing fingers all all the posters who constantly told you all that SD1 especially was the best thing since sliced bread, and that there was some mystery backer ready to take over.

I'll go further, and name the one who I personally feel has done more to wreck your once proud club than any other poster.

BullackBallAmos.

What a tit he must feel right now for all the times he dismissed any criticism of the 2SD's.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - May 28 with 2861 viewsaleanddale

Your final 2 paragraphs are the best in the post.

You can stop trying to explain or defend the undefendable.

it goes deeper ( WAY deeper ) than conference north and -15.

would you be happy with training at lower gigg and on occasions players having to wash there own kit?.

what about having a playing budget that's probably only 20% of what you have enjoyed for several years.

bury deserve some SEVERE punishment but only allowed to get away with that if prudence sits down in the gigg finance office with a calculator - some common sense applied AND the bertie big bollocks attitude stops from all associated with the club.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:07 - May 28 with 2815 viewsKatula

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:55 - May 28 by dawlishdale

You come across as a sensible chap, and I think most of us do have sympathy. However; I would counter argue that the REAL culprits here, along side SD1 and SD2 are the sizeable number of bury fans who fell for the lies hook line and sinker, and have made life extremely difficult for the people who smelled a rat from the start, and refused to listen to any criticism from the more educated supporters...shouting them down at meetings or on messageboards.

I visit your forum from time to time and rather than organising a swearing competition outside SD2's home (which can only make things worse if that were possible), I'd be pointing fingers all all the posters who constantly told you all that SD1 especially was the best thing since sliced bread, and that there was some mystery backer ready to take over.

I'll go further, and name the one who I personally feel has done more to wreck your once proud club than any other poster.

BullackBallAmos.

What a tit he must feel right now for all the times he dismissed any criticism of the 2SD's.

Hard to disagree that a large amount of our fanbase are not to blame. Far to many sat back and were more than happy to go along with it. Not sure if it is ignorance or a total lack of common sense but as I said i was uncomfortable and expressing major caution with it from the start. Lost count of the amount of run ins i have had with fellow Bury fans over it. The whole come and have a pint with us Stewie was beyond embarrassing

A similar thread to this one appeared on a Shrewsbury forum years ago and it was pointed out to the fans on Beardyman's and that just got dismissed aswel. It is hard to defend the indefensible
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:22 - May 28 with 2758 viewsKatula

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - May 28 by aleanddale

Your final 2 paragraphs are the best in the post.

You can stop trying to explain or defend the undefendable.

it goes deeper ( WAY deeper ) than conference north and -15.

would you be happy with training at lower gigg and on occasions players having to wash there own kit?.

what about having a playing budget that's probably only 20% of what you have enjoyed for several years.

bury deserve some SEVERE punishment but only allowed to get away with that if prudence sits down in the gigg finance office with a calculator - some common sense applied AND the bertie big bollocks attitude stops from all associated with the club.

I spent most of my childhood down at lower gigg fagging the balls that went over the fence and going to the cemetery to fill the water bottles up for the players when they was training. Would be delighted for them to be back down there avoiding the dog crap and having to put up the nets rather than this ridiculous 16 pitch top of the range Carrington facility that we do not need. I wouldnt care if they didn't even get to wash the kit between games

Personally I just want us to live within our means and not have this constant finance cloud hanging over us. I do not care if it means no promotions for the next 50 years. I just want to support the club i have since I was 2 year old and not have to worry all the time. Yourselves and Accy are great examples of how to run a club properly. No reason why we can't follow suit
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:30 - May 28 with 2735 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:22 - May 28 by Katula

I spent most of my childhood down at lower gigg fagging the balls that went over the fence and going to the cemetery to fill the water bottles up for the players when they was training. Would be delighted for them to be back down there avoiding the dog crap and having to put up the nets rather than this ridiculous 16 pitch top of the range Carrington facility that we do not need. I wouldnt care if they didn't even get to wash the kit between games

Personally I just want us to live within our means and not have this constant finance cloud hanging over us. I do not care if it means no promotions for the next 50 years. I just want to support the club i have since I was 2 year old and not have to worry all the time. Yourselves and Accy are great examples of how to run a club properly. No reason why we can't follow suit

Katula,

Carry on with that resounding message and get it posted on Beardy ASAP!!

This has to be the new bury mantra for many years to come by the many not the few.

IF your club survives this has to be the biggest wake up call ever for the football club.

You are on life support with all the doctors around the bed shaking there heads whilst some deluded auntie touches rosary beads sitting in a corner crying.

Good luck its a crying shame you are in such a minority amongst your supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024