Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998498 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:54 - Jun 11 with 5342 viewsDale92

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:48 - Jun 11 by 1907

I believe that is quite common

Conte has just done the same to Chelsea

This is the One, I've waited for

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:16 - Jun 11 with 5267 viewsRAFCBLUE

Back on topic, it appears Ryan Lowe is planning to raid bury's entire squad.

His full response the the questions about signing players from Lower Gigg for Argyle:

"Well it depends because they're in a bit of a tough situation at the minute and a lot of player there that, I can't go into too much detail, but are in a financial situation so it depends.

I can't sit here and say "I'm going to take them all", I'd like to take a lot of them but they're all contracted and respect that decision. We'll be looking for players out of contract to come down to Argyle and it won't be a case of bombarding bury to take all their players because I don't think it's fair.

If they become available that may be something that we can look at. "

He sounds like a vulture circling the carcass.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Jun 11 with 5246 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:16 - Jun 11 by RAFCBLUE

Back on topic, it appears Ryan Lowe is planning to raid bury's entire squad.

His full response the the questions about signing players from Lower Gigg for Argyle:

"Well it depends because they're in a bit of a tough situation at the minute and a lot of player there that, I can't go into too much detail, but are in a financial situation so it depends.

I can't sit here and say "I'm going to take them all", I'd like to take a lot of them but they're all contracted and respect that decision. We'll be looking for players out of contract to come down to Argyle and it won't be a case of bombarding bury to take all their players because I don't think it's fair.

If they become available that may be something that we can look at. "

He sounds like a vulture circling the carcass.

Their contract situation will be very different after the Court hearing, so why sign players before then ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Jun 11 with 5240 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:21 - Jun 11 by SuddenLad

Their contract situation will be very different after the Court hearing, so why sign players before then ?

Agreed.

I can't imagine him taking Jermaine Beckford, Harry Bunn or Stephen Dawsom with him but I think there are three or four that will follow him down there and have a good crack at winning League 2 next year supplementing a decent Argyle outfit at that level.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:20 - Jun 11 with 4919 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Jun 11 by RAFCBLUE

Agreed.

I can't imagine him taking Jermaine Beckford, Harry Bunn or Stephen Dawsom with him but I think there are three or four that will follow him down there and have a good crack at winning League 2 next year supplementing a decent Argyle outfit at that level.

I really hope we’re monitoring the situation over there with the aim of tempting a few of them with an actual wage.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:28 - Jun 12 with 4704 viewsfitzochris

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:20 - Jun 11 by Shun

I really hope we’re monitoring the situation over there with the aim of tempting a few of them with an actual wage.

Most of the bottom two divisions have the same intention, Shun. Sadly, most of them can offer more of a wage than us, too.

Still, we live in hope.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:37 - Jun 12 with 4689 viewsEllDale

One thing that might stop mass migration down to the West Country after Ryan Lowe is the geographical factor I suppose.
It'll be ok for young lads but those older players with families might think twice.
In Garry Nelson's second book which covers his time as player-coach at Torquay he is regularly bemoaning the fact that players are reluctant to relocate to Devon.
I suspect that the biggest vultures currently hovering over Gigg Lane might be Salford City.
Now in the EFL with a decent budget. Only a couple of miles down the road so no need to move house.
Ironic though, given the Neville connection.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:11 - Jun 12 with 4567 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:37 - Jun 12 by EllDale

One thing that might stop mass migration down to the West Country after Ryan Lowe is the geographical factor I suppose.
It'll be ok for young lads but those older players with families might think twice.
In Garry Nelson's second book which covers his time as player-coach at Torquay he is regularly bemoaning the fact that players are reluctant to relocate to Devon.
I suspect that the biggest vultures currently hovering over Gigg Lane might be Salford City.
Now in the EFL with a decent budget. Only a couple of miles down the road so no need to move house.
Ironic though, given the Neville connection.

They'd be off to Devon in a flash if the money was right. Sadly for Torquay, they would never have been able to offer big enough 'bait' to sign the players they wanted. It IS a big wrench with a family etc., but not insurmountable if the conditions are right.

If Peter Lim at Salford digs deep enough, he could finance whoever he wanted, but EFL finance rules will curtail his eagerness. Or at least, it should.

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:16 - Jun 12 with 4548 viewsmacro

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:11 - Jun 12 by SuddenLad

They'd be off to Devon in a flash if the money was right. Sadly for Torquay, they would never have been able to offer big enough 'bait' to sign the players they wanted. It IS a big wrench with a family etc., but not insurmountable if the conditions are right.

If Peter Lim at Salford digs deep enough, he could finance whoever he wanted, but EFL finance rules will curtail his eagerness. Or at least, it should.

Like it does at Peterborough where the Chairman sponsors the back of the shirt for an obscene figure therefore getting around the rules
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:23 - Jun 12 with 4427 viewspioneer

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:11 - Jun 12 by SuddenLad

I agree....given the option of a safe salary and living in Devon versus uncertainty and living in the ass side of heywood I wouldnt need to toss a coin.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:36 - Jun 12 with 4297 viewsrochdale_ranger

They are all calling Lowe a shithouse on social media.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Jun 12 with 4283 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:36 - Jun 12 by rochdale_ranger

Classy as ever. They were feting and praising Stewie the Milky Bar Kid for years. You can't educate turds.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:44 - Jun 12 with 4279 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:36 - Jun 12 by rochdale_ranger

No surprise is it, that’s what they do.

Fancy not staying and doing the job for free. What a rotten get he is.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:04 - Jun 12 with 4239 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Jun 12 by SuddenLad

Classy as ever. They were feting and praising Stewie the Milky Bar Kid for years. You can't educate turds.

As a coach, he taught his players how to pass and move though

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:37 - Jun 12 with 4173 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:04 - Jun 12 by D_Alien

As a coach, he taught his players how to pass and move though

aye!

...but to pass and move what?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:49 - Jun 12 with 4132 viewsHopwoodblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:37 - Jun 12 by Cleedale

aye!

...but to pass and move what?

Borrowed money around different companies 🤣

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:52 - Jun 12 with 4116 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:23 - Jun 12 by pioneer

I agree....given the option of a safe salary and living in Devon versus uncertainty and living in the ass side of heywood I wouldnt need to toss a coin.

Too true.

I wonder if a certain relatively very famous ex-player (& _______)
thought this at the time when signing for Argyle.

Needless to say, after 4 seasons playing bowls down there, he perhaps saw sense or got married and enjoyed the next 5 seasons back upt norf for Dale.

The rest of that story's history...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:03 - Jun 12 with 3775 viewssmaclad1

Redundancies! Staff extorting wages! Dave Gaffard still clinging onto a vain hope and believing that they can still wriggle out of their predicament (and wipe the debts off)!

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17702030.bury-fc-set-to-make-staff-redundant-ne
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:11 - Jun 12 with 3745 viewsSuddenLad

Dave Guffaw is living in cuckoo-land. The last sentence says it all. Any sale has to be approved/agreed by SD2.

Now let me guess what his answer might be......

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:20 - Jun 12 with 3728 views1907

Dale is the gift that keeps on giving.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:31 - Jun 12 with 3695 viewskel

I had a chat with Dave Giffard once at one of the famous old club’s beer festivals. Seemed a nice enough bloke other than his insinuations that Dale were run unprofessionally* (it was the Coleman era). Doesn’t strike me as the kind of bloke you’d want spearheading any kind of campaign. Comes across as a bit of a wet**

*the irony is strong

**TM Razz
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:07 - Jun 12 with 3592 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:03 - Jun 12 by smaclad1

Redundancies! Staff extorting wages! Dave Gaffard still clinging onto a vain hope and believing that they can still wriggle out of their predicament (and wipe the debts off)!

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17702030.bury-fc-set-to-make-staff-redundant-ne

That comment about staff trying to extort money from the club is brilliant.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:42 - Jun 12 with 3505 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:03 - Jun 12 by smaclad1

You've got to give him credit. He's following through his plan to the letter. Doing what he said he would do.

Beardy in meltdown behind the iron curtain too.

The last set of bury accounts (to 31st May 2017) said that bury had 117 full time employees.

ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN!

We at the same time had 88 full time employees. That's 29 employees less or 25% less. We were both League 1 clubs and that shows the bloating of bury fc on the playing and off field fronts.

Making 10 or 12 redundant from 117 still leaves them with over 100 staff.

Also very very funny to see the bury Times link the words "redundancies" and "jobs" to their own jobs pages.

Shameless.

It would be interesting to hear a bury view.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:55 - Jun 13 with 3236 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:07 - Jun 12 by TVOS1907

That comment about staff trying to extort money from the club is brilliant.

Yep. Ridiculous that he would actually come out and say his own staff are trying to extort money from the club just because they haven’t quit and gone to look for a wage elsewhere. Despicable human being.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:40 - Jun 13 with 3016 viewsVivaDonaldo

This BOB thing they have going on?

It's all pledges, no guarantees of the funds and no validation.

How confident could they really be of a decent % of that £100k pledged so far actually coming to fruition?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024