Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2028095 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:27 - Jun 20 with 5156 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:22 - Jun 20 by chalky_ncfc

Do you have to register even to just look at Burys messageboard?

Yeah, but they won't tell you to fook off, Chalky. They'll remember your rubbing willies session when you both stayed up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:27 - Jun 20 with 5156 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:22 - Jun 20 by chalky_ncfc

Do you have to register even to just look at Burys messageboard?

Yup

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:30 - Jun 20 with 5131 viewschalky_ncfc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:27 - Jun 20 by James1980

Yup

Thanks,I thought that I had the wrong site for a minute
It's hardly going to entice a curious passing Bury fan to view though is it?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:31 - Jun 20 with 5128 viewschalky_ncfc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:27 - Jun 20 by judd

Yeah, but they won't tell you to fook off, Chalky. They'll remember your rubbing willies session when you both stayed up.

I wouldn't put money on Notts staying up tbh

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:15 - Jun 20 with 5011 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:16 - Jun 20 by kel

Well at least it gives one of them plenty of time to design disparaging programme covers for games against clubs they don’t care about.

Every cloud and all that.

Arf.

Shame Radio Manchester weren't so vocal about all this before when they were brown-tonguing Day and his ilk.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:18 - Jun 20 with 5003 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:21 - Jun 20 by judd

I think it has all been sorted now.

The Bury North MP has told Dale to "get his skates on".

Next, Brexit...

Is Dale Robin Cousins in disguise, or summat?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Jun 20 with 4986 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:18 - Jun 20 by TVOS1907

Is Dale Robin Cousins in disguise, or summat?

I dunno, but I do know that if an MP told me I had to get my skates on I would immediately sell my troubled business and walk away forthwith.

Why didn't they try this foolproof tactic before more tax payers money was wasted in the High Court?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - Jun 20 with 4948 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Jun 20 by judd

I dunno, but I do know that if an MP told me I had to get my skates on I would immediately sell my troubled business and walk away forthwith.

Why didn't they try this foolproof tactic before more tax payers money was wasted in the High Court?

Walk?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - Jun 20 with 4896 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

Walk?

Is that mis-spelt?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:48 - Jun 20 with 4785 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - Jun 20 by judd

Is that mis-spelt?

Nah, just being daft, i.e. how do you walk on skates...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:52 - Jun 20 with 4766 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:48 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

I once went ice skating, never went on the ice at all, just sat in the bar all night, taking it in turns to amble up to get the drinks in.

No idea why I didn't just take the things off!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:53 - Jun 20 with 4765 viewsMolly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:48 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

With extreme difficulty ---or in Bury's case "slip slidin' away"
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:53 - Jun 20 with 4657 viewsJames1980

Question is would they like to buy Bury?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:01 - Jun 20 with 4633 viewsblackdogblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:53 - Jun 20 by James1980

Question is would they like to buy Bury?

Silly question that James, best tax dodge in the world & better than the Cayman Islands...

Bucket shaking on street corners & go fund me income is non taxable & getting £5k a month will get your money back in 3846 years mate.

Bet your interested yourself now? 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:41 - Jun 20 with 4530 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:57 - Jun 20 by VivaDonaldo

I do love how they like to reach for their history books!

Tale on their board of how our good relations with other clubs and a slice of luck preserved our league status during the re-election years.

Who'd have thought it. Being good and courteous to other clubs would inspire reciprocal action?

Much better to follow the modern day Bury approach!

Withhold ticket money for away games, strangle local small businesses by not paying bills and buy your way to promotion at the expense of other clubs.

If re-election was around these days, would Bury even get a vote?

Give them a couple of years and they might be wishing re-election still existed.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:41 - Jun 20 with 4416 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:41 - Jun 20 by kel

Give them a couple of years and they might be wishing re-election still existed.

The attention-seeker thinks they saved us from re-election ten times.

No wonder they can't get anything else to add up.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:55 - Jun 20 with 4367 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:41 - Jun 20 by TVOS1907

Their extra digit on each hand should help though?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:23 - Jun 20 with 4285 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:55 - Jun 20 by nordenblue

Their extra digit on each hand should help though?

Thought that was us.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:28 - Jun 20 with 4267 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:23 - Jun 20 by TVOS1907

Thought that was us.

That may be why we're better at Math(s) than that lot?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:48 - Jun 20 with 4215 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:41 - Jun 20 by TVOS1907

They can't add anything up. Numbers. Reality. Consequences.

Let's throw the match-fixing scandal into the mix of their "illustrious" "history" they thrive on but hate to be reminded of when it doesn't suit. The full article was proudly on the buckets fishul site several years ago when glorious "world famous" Gordon was in charge. Until certain people found it and shamed them. And saved it.

Their history of cheating goes back almost a century. Truth hurts. I love the line "So the Shakers are a little fortunate to be able to boast 117 years of consecutive membership of the Football League". They've made a career out of cheating. They are still very very fortunate to be in the EFL. "Coventry City, to avert the penalty of their short comings on the field of play, resorted to dishonest methods. They found ready assistants in Bury".

The evidence as written by a bucket.......

The Match Fixing Scandal in the 1920's
It seems to be the trend currently for the press to search out and uncover irregularities, "Scandals" within football. Whether it is Swindon Town, Peterborough United a few years earlier, Barnet, Terry Venebles or more recently Brian Clough or Bruce Grobelaar & Co. It seems that skeletons just aren't being allowed to gather any dust these days. It isn't a modern phenomenon though, lets go back to the 1920's and Bury FC's own skeleton, a bribery scandal involving club officials "Fixing" League Matches.
The Shakers were a second division club at the time, 1919/20 season - the first season following the hostilities of World War One. The club had fared well finishing in fifth position without ever really threatening to regain their top flight status, and the final two league games that season were both against Coventry City, at home on 28th April and at Highfield Road on 1st May. It should be stated that at this point that Coventry went into these games at the foot of the table (There were only two divisions in the league at the time) a point behind Lincoln City but with a game in hand.
Bury drew the home match 2-2, but three days later Harry Lomas had given the Shakers a half time lead only for Coventry to subsequently recover through two Alec Mercer goals to secure City's league safety, avoiding re-election, whilst Lincoln City lost their League Status after 28 years membership.
At first it seemed that the match would pass quietly into the statistical record books until time had erased it from memory but, almost immediately, "rumours" began to circulate, although it took three years before those rumours found their way into the press. Almost immediately the Bury board of Directors had been removed from Office by the Shareholders and a new board formed under the Chairmanship of Herbert Duckworth. On 5th March, 1923 the FA Management Committee received "information relating to the match" and in order to make further enquiries into the allegations, set up a commission. On 9th March the commission met again for two days and then on 28th March, met yet again before finally announcing their verdict the following day. Their statement was blunt but to the point.
"The Commission is satisfied that an arrangement was made between Bury and Coventry City, allowing the latter to win."
Ten Officials and players were suspended from football for life and both clubs were fined £100. For Bury Chairman John Harrocks, a further director, manager William Cameron (revoked in 1929) and players Jock Allan, Robert Perry, William Ritchie and Jack Goldie were all banned for life. Allan and Perry subsequently crossed the Atlantic to play in the successful North American Soccer League, where former Shakers star Billy Hibbert had also met with much success.
Coventry had their Chairman, manager and player George Chaplin banned and it was Chaplin who, many years later, eventually told the full story. His account is given in Coventry City's History "Singers to Sky Blues" by David Brassington.
"With a couple of matches left, things looked so bad that I had a talk with the Chairman David Cooke. We decided that something must be done. The outcome of it all was that I went to Bury with £200 in my pocket and when I left I had a feeling City's prospects of gaining three points from the two games with Bury were not such a remote possibility.
In the match at Bury we drew. On the following Saturday they came to Highfield Road and in view of the arrangement that had been made I was confident of City gaining the vital points. None of the City players or Officials, apart from Mr. Cooke and myself, knew that arrangements had been made. Things began to go wrong, for at half time Bury were leading 1-0 and I was in despair when one of the Bury players told me that City were so poor that Bury couldn't lose, no matter how badly they played. But things come right in the second half with Mercer's two goals.
Whilst City's supporters were celebrating the club's escape that night, I kept an appointment in the cloakroom of the Kings Head Hotel, where I handed over the final instalment of the sum agreed without a word being spoken."
The Bury Times reports later spoke of a £750 "agreement" but public opinion countrywide suggested that both Bury and Coventry had been lightly dealt with and should have been thrown out of the League. The "Birmingham Sports Argus" commented, "Coventry City, to avert the penalty of their short comings on the field of play, resorted to dishonest methods. They found ready assistants in Bury. They have proved a danger to the game which will be better for their ostracism."
So the Shakers are a little fortunate to be able to boast 117 years of consecutive membership of the Football League
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:04 - Jun 20 with 4159 viewsblackdogblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:48 - Jun 20 by Sandyman

Let's throw the match-fixing scandal into the mix of their "illustrious" "history" they thrive on but hate to be reminded of when it doesn't suit. The full article was proudly on the buckets fishul site several years ago when glorious "world famous" Gordon was in charge. Until certain people found it and shamed them. And saved it.

Their history of cheating goes back almost a century. Truth hurts. I love the line "So the Shakers are a little fortunate to be able to boast 117 years of consecutive membership of the Football League". They've made a career out of cheating. They are still very very fortunate to be in the EFL. "Coventry City, to avert the penalty of their short comings on the field of play, resorted to dishonest methods. They found ready assistants in Bury".

It seems to be the trend currently for the press to search out and uncover irregularities, "Scandals" within football. Whether it is Swindon Town, Peterborough United a few years earlier, Barnet, Terry Venebles or more recently Brian Clough or Bruce Grobelaar & Co. It seems that skeletons just aren't being allowed to gather any dust these days. It isn't a modern phenomenon though, lets go back to the 1920's and Bury FC's own skeleton, a bribery scandal involving club officials "Fixing" League Matches.
The Shakers were a second division club at the time, 1919/20 season - the first season following the hostilities of World War One. The club had fared well finishing in fifth position without ever really threatening to regain their top flight status, and the final two league games that season were both against Coventry City, at home on 28th April and at Highfield Road on 1st May. It should be stated that at this point that Coventry went into these games at the foot of the table (There were only two divisions in the league at the time) a point behind Lincoln City but with a game in hand.
Bury drew the home match 2-2, but three days later Harry Lomas had given the Shakers a half time lead only for Coventry to subsequently recover through two Alec Mercer goals to secure City's league safety, avoiding re-election, whilst Lincoln City lost their League Status after 28 years membership.
At first it seemed that the match would pass quietly into the statistical record books until time had erased it from memory but, almost immediately, "rumours" began to circulate, although it took three years before those rumours found their way into the press. Almost immediately the Bury board of Directors had been removed from Office by the Shareholders and a new board formed under the Chairmanship of Herbert Duckworth. On 5th March, 1923 the FA Management Committee received "information relating to the match" and in order to make further enquiries into the allegations, set up a commission. On 9th March the commission met again for two days and then on 28th March, met yet again before finally announcing their verdict the following day. Their statement was blunt but to the point.
"The Commission is satisfied that an arrangement was made between Bury and Coventry City, allowing the latter to win."
Ten Officials and players were suspended from football for life and both clubs were fined £100. For Bury Chairman John Harrocks, a further director, manager William Cameron (revoked in 1929) and players Jock Allan, Robert Perry, William Ritchie and Jack Goldie were all banned for life. Allan and Perry subsequently crossed the Atlantic to play in the successful North American Soccer League, where former Shakers star Billy Hibbert had also met with much success.
Coventry had their Chairman, manager and player George Chaplin banned and it was Chaplin who, many years later, eventually told the full story. His account is given in Coventry City's History "Singers to Sky Blues" by David Brassington.
"With a couple of matches left, things looked so bad that I had a talk with the Chairman David Cooke. We decided that something must be done. The outcome of it all was that I went to Bury with £200 in my pocket and when I left I had a feeling City's prospects of gaining three points from the two games with Bury were not such a remote possibility.
In the match at Bury we drew. On the following Saturday they came to Highfield Road and in view of the arrangement that had been made I was confident of City gaining the vital points. None of the City players or Officials, apart from Mr. Cooke and myself, knew that arrangements had been made. Things began to go wrong, for at half time Bury were leading 1-0 and I was in despair when one of the Bury players told me that City were so poor that Bury couldn't lose, no matter how badly they played. But things come right in the second half with Mercer's two goals.
Whilst City's supporters were celebrating the club's escape that night, I kept an appointment in the cloakroom of the Kings Head Hotel, where I handed over the final instalment of the sum agreed without a word being spoken."
The Bury Times reports later spoke of a £750 "agreement" but public opinion countrywide suggested that both Bury and Coventry had been lightly dealt with and should have been thrown out of the League. The "Birmingham Sports Argus" commented, "Coventry City, to avert the penalty of their short comings on the field of play, resorted to dishonest methods. They found ready assistants in Bury. They have proved a danger to the game which will be better for their ostracism."
So the Shakers are a little fortunate to be able to boast 117 years of consecutive membership of the Football League

Jesus, u bored? 😀

Sum that up simpler, I”m a ba$tard, yes I am, but I”d rather 😀😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:02 - Jun 21 with 3875 viewsRAFCBLUE

I think the EFL have put some sensible spin on their first League fixtures.

Their first five home games - MK Dons, Gillingham, Doncaster, Pompey and Coventry.

Not many big crowds or cashflow in there for the first two months of the new season.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:29 - Jun 21 with 3836 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:02 - Jun 21 by RAFCBLUE

I think the EFL have put some sensible spin on their first League fixtures.

Their first five home games - MK Dons, Gillingham, Doncaster, Pompey and Coventry.

Not many big crowds or cashflow in there for the first two months of the new season.

Apparently efl are having an EGM today to re-arrange those first few fixtures. Looks like we might not actually be travelling to Tranmere first day of the season...but our beloved brothers-in-arms.

Being a tad over-kind though in allowing a home and away fixture with local rivals so close together but me thinks they may have it just about right.

Tranmere
Wycombe
Accrington
Tranmere
Shrewsbury
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:29 - Jun 21 with 3423 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:48 - Jun 20 by Sandyman

Some of them seem to think you've written and researched all that yourself, Sandy.

Oh dear...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:36 - Jun 21 with 3403 viewsEllDale

I'm sure that I read somewhere that when Don Revie's Leeds were going for promotion to the First Division in the early 1960's that there was an alleged approach to Bury players to "throw" a crucial game.
Apparently a few of them were more than amenable to the suggestion but it was quashed when player-manager Bob Stokoe got wind of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024