Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021215 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:30 - Jun 26 with 5918 viewskel

Interesting that some of them are whining about fans of other clubs going on their board and commenting on their situation.

It would seem the same rule doesn’t apply when they go onto forums of other clubs begging for money though. They do love their double standards don’t they?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:45 - Jun 26 with 5833 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:30 - Jun 26 by kel

Interesting that some of them are whining about fans of other clubs going on their board and commenting on their situation.

It would seem the same rule doesn’t apply when they go onto forums of other clubs begging for money though. They do love their double standards don’t they?

How many of these meanies are people who have recently registered after the lock down.
Law of unintended consequences perhaps. Due to registering rubber neckers.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 19:51]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:35 - Jun 26 with 5722 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:14 - Jun 26 by blackdogblue

Is a car park technically not property?

Not a lot

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:20 - Jun 27 with 5424 viewsrochdale_ranger

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:30 - Jun 26 by kel

Bury fans on social media have found the profiles of Cassandra Dale (Steve dales) daughtercand are giving her general shite and death threats.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:55 - Jun 27 with 5398 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:20 - Jun 27 by rochdale_ranger

Bury fans on social media have found the profiles of Cassandra Dale (Steve dales) daughtercand are giving her general shite and death threats.

What utter morons, sod the gate receipts from the derbies hope the tvvats fold now

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:22 - Jun 27 with 5157 views49thseason

Well thats guaranteed to make Dale think the club is worth the effort of trying to save it. I would imagine they have simply made it absolutely certain that he will fold the club and take as much out of it as he possibly can. Moronic hardly begins to cover it.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:32 - Jun 27 with 5136 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:22 - Jun 27 by 49thseason

Well thats guaranteed to make Dale think the club is worth the effort of trying to save it. I would imagine they have simply made it absolutely certain that he will fold the club and take as much out of it as he possibly can. Moronic hardly begins to cover it.

All the efforts seem to have gone from Saving the Shakers, to how many Plymouth away games can we get to!!!

Strange, very strange.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:36 - Jun 27 with 4998 viewsaleanddale

There is a warped irony here!!

They are on life support for sure BUT SD2 ( whilst a bad un ) actually might just save the club.

Without SD2 they could have been extinct already!.

They might not like it but trimming all the excess fat is TBF what the club has needed for years.

It might mean they drop to a natural punching weight in non league but the alternative Phoenix club in Tier 9 would be dropping further still.

Is SD2 actually doing bury a massive favour here for the long game?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 16:44]
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:06 - Jun 27 with 4886 viewsDaleFan7

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:36 - Jun 27 by aleanddale

There is a warped irony here!!

They are on life support for sure BUT SD2 ( whilst a bad un ) actually might just save the club.

Without SD2 they could have been extinct already!.

They might not like it but trimming all the excess fat is TBF what the club has needed for years.

It might mean they drop to a natural punching weight in non league but the alternative Phoenix club in Tier 9 would be dropping further still.

Is SD2 actually doing bury a massive favour here for the long game?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 16:44]

If he pulls off a CVA for them which allows them to continue to operate and reduces their debt etc although they will lose some assets like the ground, they should be more than grateful for him doing it in the long run.

It's still the people who haven't been paid etc you have to feel sorry for, not most of the fans.

If Day had have just left and no one came in, where would they be?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:27 - Jun 28 with 4377 viewsDale23years

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:06 - Jun 27 by DaleFan7

If he pulls off a CVA for them which allows them to continue to operate and reduces their debt etc although they will lose some assets like the ground, they should be more than grateful for him doing it in the long run.

It's still the people who haven't been paid etc you have to feel sorry for, not most of the fans.

If Day had have just left and no one came in, where would they be?

Loving the Frankie Bunn Rumours!!!!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:34 - Jun 28 with 4353 viewsEllDale

Perhaps Frankie is going there as some sort of contra deal with they perhaps owe Harry?
Is Beckford still on the books btw?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:46 - Jun 28 with 4307 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:34 - Jun 28 by EllDale

Perhaps Frankie is going there as some sort of contra deal with they perhaps owe Harry?
Is Beckford still on the books btw?

Agent Harry is on 7k a WEEK for another 12 months.

Beckfords last contracted day is Sunday although he actually only played 10 mins all last season.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Jun 28 with 4138 viewsJames1980

Talk of a boycott now until SD2 slings his hook

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:50 - Jun 28 with 3984 viewsdownunder

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Jun 28 by James1980

Biting the hand that does not feed them?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:23 - Jun 28 with 3904 viewsThe_Knightowl

thank you for this thread. I revisited Peter Skellern's music tonight his Oasis album was quite good
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:18 - Jun 29 with 3775 viewsToffeemanc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:40 - Jun 28 by James1980

If by some miracle Bury cheat the system again and are not liquidated I think fans of all league one clubs should all boycott attending their away game at Gigg lane. If the EFL and the courts won't sort them out then let fans leave them with no income and just wait for them to go to the wall.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:05 - Jun 29 with 3586 viewsColDale

There seems to be a change in the air over the last few days. Might just be my perception but it seems that the fighting spirit that made an appearance for a few weeks has been diminished and the reality that this is starting to sink in. I'm guessing that with clubs up and down the country starting pre-season, the fact that nothing is happening, they've got no manager and they've got no players is making it hit home that the end is nigh.

Genuinely think their best approach now would be to be in constant contact with the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Darlo, Chester, FCUM etc about reforming the club at a much lower level. It won't be ideal, and it wouldn't be Bury anymore but the fact it would be their club, and they'd be free of the SDx2 destruction. I can't see how they can shake it off any other way.

A fledgling club would have significant local support and would have to groundshare with Radclffe for a year or two, but the council would be more likely to support a side free of the shackles and I'm sure they'd support with the building of a new ground as the new team perpetuate the story of them being the victims of the SD era. OF course, we'd mock them to the nth degree but a ten year plan from now to be back in the EFL and to own their own ground would not be unreasonable. I think had I been a supporter of them. I'd prefer that to them limping along as some sort of SD cashcow.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Jun 29 with 3481 viewsregjenkins

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:05 - Jun 29 by ColDale

There seems to be a change in the air over the last few days. Might just be my perception but it seems that the fighting spirit that made an appearance for a few weeks has been diminished and the reality that this is starting to sink in. I'm guessing that with clubs up and down the country starting pre-season, the fact that nothing is happening, they've got no manager and they've got no players is making it hit home that the end is nigh.

Genuinely think their best approach now would be to be in constant contact with the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Darlo, Chester, FCUM etc about reforming the club at a much lower level. It won't be ideal, and it wouldn't be Bury anymore but the fact it would be their club, and they'd be free of the SDx2 destruction. I can't see how they can shake it off any other way.

A fledgling club would have significant local support and would have to groundshare with Radclffe for a year or two, but the council would be more likely to support a side free of the shackles and I'm sure they'd support with the building of a new ground as the new team perpetuate the story of them being the victims of the SD era. OF course, we'd mock them to the nth degree but a ten year plan from now to be back in the EFL and to own their own ground would not be unreasonable. I think had I been a supporter of them. I'd prefer that to them limping along as some sort of SD cashcow.

There is little doubt that their fan base well and truly 'get it' as to the clubs future, although it has taken a long time to sink in. Their current Chair appeares to have zero interest in the functions of a pro football club and it will be a miricle of biblical dimentions to be ready to commence their season on August 3rd.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Jun 29 with 3480 viewsaleanddale

100% agree Col.

I would not be putting one penny more into the abyss that is the current BFC.

AFC Bury 2020 with no blood sucking parasites anywhere near!

Forever bury gone very quiet.

BOB never got going.

A real chance to start again with what would be a realistic ambition of the conference in 10 years.

SD1 & SD2 are both odious individuals - How can Rochdale ensure we never fall into the same trap?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:29 - Jun 29 with 3443 viewsSuddenLad

You're right Col, as the entity that we love to goad and berate, they are now beyond help. Your proposals are about their only hope.

That said, they already owe Bury Council £151,000, which is unlikely ever to be repaid, so they may not look too kindly (nor should they) at any future approach for assistance, whether financial or otherwise. Throwing public money away won't go down well, especially as they are repeat offenders.

They seem to be destined to be the next Darlo in waiting.

FC Bury (2019). Doesn't have the same ring to it, somehow. We should have a competition to decide on a new name for them.

Day Dreamers FC
High Court Jesters FC
AFC Buckets
Where Are Our Trophies FC
AFC Dale .............

Plenty more I'm sure...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:34 - Jun 29 with 3431 viewsRAFCBLUE

Why would or should Radcliffe support them Col?

Effectively that would be to Radcliffe’s detriment and own interests. I’m not even sure if bury confirmed their annual friendly there, such is their current contempt for all things football.

If bury go bust then they have to start again, from the bottom and on their own.

Radcliffe is a nice club and ground and bury’s demise might just put a good few extra people through their turnstiles and in the bar. That’s a better option if your Radcliffe’s chairman.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:04 - Jun 29 with 3377 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Jun 29 by aleanddale

100% agree Col.

I would not be putting one penny more into the abyss that is the current BFC.

AFC Bury 2020 with no blood sucking parasites anywhere near!

Forever bury gone very quiet.

BOB never got going.

A real chance to start again with what would be a realistic ambition of the conference in 10 years.

SD1 & SD2 are both odious individuals - How can Rochdale ensure we never fall into the same trap?

the big difference is the split in the Rochdale shareholding. Give or take a percentage or two, I don't think any individual owns more than around 25% of the club. When Bury last went into admin, the set of the club was to avoid the exact situation they find themselves in with the vast majority of the shares going into a Trust. I think that history will show that the pivotal moment in their demise was when SD1 was allowed to own this shareholding.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:18 - Jun 29 with 3338 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:04 - Jun 29 by ColDale

the big difference is the split in the Rochdale shareholding. Give or take a percentage or two, I don't think any individual owns more than around 25% of the club. When Bury last went into admin, the set of the club was to avoid the exact situation they find themselves in with the vast majority of the shares going into a Trust. I think that history will show that the pivotal moment in their demise was when SD1 was allowed to own this shareholding.

Forever Bury should hang there heads in collective shame at that decision!

Massive week this week with players reporting back to most if not all clubs.

I wonder how many contracted players bury have turn up on Monday?

Unpaid and rudderless!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:52 - Jun 29 with 3267 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:04 - Jun 29 by ColDale

Whilst money certainly talks, in theory it might be possible for one individual to acquire a majority shareholding. I think the difference with Rochdale is the absence of naivety when it comes to motivation. Anything less than a benign influence won't be tolerated by enough people to allow a SD-like character to succeed

To paraphrase: if the price of financial probity is eternal vigilance, no-one should ever doubt the questioning that arises when individuals seek to exert too powerful an influence on club affairs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:25 - Jun 29 with 3187 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Agree about a “Phoenix” club, they would have much more good with an anything remotely connected to the present shambles.can also see the point about Radcliffe but in the other hand they could earn much needed revenue from any ground share (cash up front presumably)...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024