Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997149 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:19 - Jun 29 with 5540 viewsfinberty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:23 - Jun 28 by The_Knightowl

thank you for this thread. I revisited Peter Skellern's music tonight his Oasis album was quite good

Wow there's a blast from the past.
Mary Hopkin on vocals. Julian Lloyd-Webber sawing away on a cello. Skellern on the piano. Wasn't 'Hold Me' a minor hit c1984?

Gallagher's lot took the name much later. Different band. Different music. Different times.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:05 - Jun 29 with 5412 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:05 - Jun 29 by ColDale

There seems to be a change in the air over the last few days. Might just be my perception but it seems that the fighting spirit that made an appearance for a few weeks has been diminished and the reality that this is starting to sink in. I'm guessing that with clubs up and down the country starting pre-season, the fact that nothing is happening, they've got no manager and they've got no players is making it hit home that the end is nigh.

Genuinely think their best approach now would be to be in constant contact with the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Darlo, Chester, FCUM etc about reforming the club at a much lower level. It won't be ideal, and it wouldn't be Bury anymore but the fact it would be their club, and they'd be free of the SDx2 destruction. I can't see how they can shake it off any other way.

A fledgling club would have significant local support and would have to groundshare with Radclffe for a year or two, but the council would be more likely to support a side free of the shackles and I'm sure they'd support with the building of a new ground as the new team perpetuate the story of them being the victims of the SD era. OF course, we'd mock them to the nth degree but a ten year plan from now to be back in the EFL and to own their own ground would not be unreasonable. I think had I been a supporter of them. I'd prefer that to them limping along as some sort of SD cashcow.

I haven’t been paying attention much since they escaped in court the other week, but if that’s correct and it seems like the end really is nigh for them then it’s a difficult situation. I’ll get a wry sense of satisfaction when I think back at their goading as they were signing players like Beckford and Clarke, but if they really do cease to exist soon then my overwhelming reaction will be one of sadness.

They’ve been royally done over by two odious conmen and the club itself deserves to be made an example of, but from a fan perspective it’s a horrible situation. I keep reading on here that we wouldn’t allow this to happen at Dale. DA’s point about remaining vigilant is a pertinent one and of course we’d smell a rat if someone arrived with promises of a new ground and Championship football and enjoy the ride wow wow wow, but when I think of myself as a young fan with next to no knowledge of business or the intricacies of running a football club and I ask what I’d be able to do?

Of course, I believe I’d have a lot more humility in the initial enjoy the ride phase than most of our Bury chums did, but I don’t think they deserve to lose their club because they were taken in by conmen and then got a bit giddy about the future.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:17 - Jun 29 with 5377 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:05 - Jun 29 by Shun

I haven’t been paying attention much since they escaped in court the other week, but if that’s correct and it seems like the end really is nigh for them then it’s a difficult situation. I’ll get a wry sense of satisfaction when I think back at their goading as they were signing players like Beckford and Clarke, but if they really do cease to exist soon then my overwhelming reaction will be one of sadness.

They’ve been royally done over by two odious conmen and the club itself deserves to be made an example of, but from a fan perspective it’s a horrible situation. I keep reading on here that we wouldn’t allow this to happen at Dale. DA’s point about remaining vigilant is a pertinent one and of course we’d smell a rat if someone arrived with promises of a new ground and Championship football and enjoy the ride wow wow wow, but when I think of myself as a young fan with next to no knowledge of business or the intricacies of running a football club and I ask what I’d be able to do?

Of course, I believe I’d have a lot more humility in the initial enjoy the ride phase than most of our Bury chums did, but I don’t think they deserve to lose their club because they were taken in by conmen and then got a bit giddy about the future.

The thing is Shun that a 12 point penalty is no deterrent really and if they were to survive that after again shafting local traders who may in turn have to lay people off or even go bust it would leave a nasty taste....On the other hand if they have no players, no manager, and can't fulfill their fixtures and they cease to exist is that overly harsh? Have any teams starting on minus 12 survived in their division before? As a club I wouldn't feel sorry for them if they folded, some of their fans don't deserve it, some do......If I had to put money on the outcome it would be on them folding and starting again from scratch...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:53 - Jun 29 with 5308 viewsClivert

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:05 - Jun 29 by Shun

The first line of your second paragraph sums the situation up for me however the fans were sucked in by it all despite them having their fingers burnt with their rise in the 90s and subsequent administration in 2002. They never learnt their lesson from the administration and went along for the ‘ride’ a second time which saw them cheat their way to two promotions and robbing honest clubs of possible honours so despite what SD1 and SD2 have done (most probably in cahoots) I don’t have any sympathy for them.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 16:13]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:40 - Jun 29 with 5098 viewsJames1980

Come on which one of you is 'Harrysmate'?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:41 - Jun 29 with 5096 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.foreverbury.org/post/forever-bury-update-29-06-2019

A statement that states there is nothing to state.

Please bear with us forever bury members!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:45 - Jun 29 with 4853 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:40 - Jun 29 by James1980

Come on which one of you is 'Harrysmate'?

I think it's pretty obvious, James. Just look at the lengthy posts.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:55 - Jun 29 with 4828 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:45 - Jun 29 by TVOS1907

I think it's pretty obvious, James. Just look at the lengthy posts.

What is eye opening is some of the responses totally lack humility. Which suggests some have learned absolutely zilch.

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 01:04 - Jun 30 with 4705 viewsJumeirahDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:41 - Jun 29 by RAFCBLUE

https://www.foreverbury.org/post/forever-bury-update-29-06-2019

A statement that states there is nothing to state.

Please bear with us forever bury members!

Difficult to issue a rallying call when they won't tell any of the members what they are actually rallying for.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:00 - Jun 30 with 4564 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 01:04 - Jun 30 by JumeirahDale

Difficult to issue a rallying call when they won't tell any of the members what they are actually rallying for.

“What do we want?”

Steve Dale gone.

“How do we do it?”

We can’t tell you unfortunately, due to significant confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement issues and a complete lack on our side of an actually viable solution,

bury times on the other hand just keeps reporting bad news.

Expect a raft of players to be noted as leaving early this week given we start the season tomorrow.

Oh - and just 34 days until their season starts.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:40 - Jun 30 with 4340 views100notout

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:56 - Jun 30 with 4313 viewsscarrow

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:40 - Jun 30 by 100notout

This is the frankie bunn tweet. He seems to have refused the job

Poll: Final position

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:42 - Jun 30 with 4087 viewskel

For anyone showing sympathy towards bury fans have a read of the link below.

Like I’ve said previously, if the boot was on the other foot they’d be all over this place like a rash. Feeling a bit daft, pops, me old mucker?

I can feel a song coming on. by Pops2 21 Apr 2012 21:57
This is how it feels to be rochdale
This is how it feels to be small
We'll be playing Portsmouth
You've got Fleetwood at home! [dance] [drink] [wink]

[Post edited 30 Jun 2019 18:43]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:51 - Jun 30 with 4056 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:42 - Jun 30 by kel

Like I’ve said previously, if the boot was on the other foot they’d be all over this place like a rash. Feeling a bit daft, pops, me old mucker?

This one is tremendous:

“Bury fc owners of the famous gigg lane stadium
who owns spotland? whens the rent money due?”

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:03 - Jun 30 with 4002 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:51 - Jun 30 by 442Dale

This one is tremendous:

“Bury fc owners of the famous gigg lane stadium
who owns spotland? whens the rent money due?”

They are comedy gold. Their must be dozens of new accounts stirring and adding to the flames since they made people register.

Bunch of delusional dickheads in general

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:27 - Jun 30 with 3951 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:03 - Jun 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

They are comedy gold. Their must be dozens of new accounts stirring and adding to the flames since they made people register.

Bunch of delusional dickheads in general

Why did they not just set up the board so only registered users can post. But non registered could still read the messages.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:38 - Jun 30 with 3902 viewsTVOS1907

And some of them have the temerity to complain about posters from other clubs (the number of which you can count on one hand) going on their board to marvel at their predicament.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:46 - Jun 30 with 3794 viewsDale23years

Where's nobshaker nowadays, hes very very quiet !!!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:59 - Jun 30 with 3751 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:46 - Jun 30 by Dale23years

Where's nobshaker nowadays, hes very very quiet !!!

Rob’s doing well and still knocking about on Facebook. He’s a good lad really even though he did show some very odd dress sense when he went to the cricket last week.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:54 - Jul 1 with 3453 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:59 - Jun 30 by kel

Rob’s doing well and still knocking about on Facebook. He’s a good lad really even though he did show some very odd dress sense when he went to the cricket last week.

Wonderful new thread over there about us and this gargantuan thread. Apparently we have been libellous and should be sued for it.....The gift that keeps on giving..

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:58 - Jul 1 with 3451 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:54 - Jul 1 by MoonyDale

Wonderful new thread over there about us and this gargantuan thread. Apparently we have been libellous and should be sued for it.....The gift that keeps on giving..

I wonder if calling us 'the great unwashed' could be libellous?

I can't resist a bit of Palmolive every morning.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:24 - Jul 1 with 3375 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:58 - Jul 1 by TVOS1907

I wonder if calling us 'the great unwashed' could be libellous?

I can't resist a bit of Palmolive every morning.

Popeye will be furious....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:33 - Jul 1 with 3343 viewsaleanddale

Hilarious.

Nothing BUT truth in this thread how on earth can that be libellous.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:02 - Jul 1 with 3279 viewsSandyDrum

To be fair, it looks like that thread was set up by a Rochdale fan (judging by his posting history on that forum) so they could use it to laugh at them on this thread.

I'm all for the banter and rivalry but that's just a bit sad in my opinion.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:31 - Jul 1 with 3212 viewskel

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-ev

Wow wow wow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024