Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2027177 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:03 - Jul 16 with 5438 viewsToffeemanc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:47 - Jul 16 by TVOS1907

From their board.

"Does anyone care what Rochdale fans think? They’ve routinely shown tnemselves to be a bunch of bitter losers, which is odd considering they usually barely get mentioned on here unless one of their own fans has made an account pretending to be a Bury supporter.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, with regards to them.

One point I will make though, with regards to other fans attitudes... Bolton fans, in fairness, have acted quite gracefully and have generally been supportive of our situation, probably because they can see past a footballing rivalry, and are probably sensible enough to realise what goes around comes around; regardless of the fact they are in a similar situation themselves. This is from a fanbase that usually pokes fun at Bury at any opportunity. I base this off of numerous sources both personal and online.

Could you say the same about Rochdale fans? Not one ounce of humility from what I’ve seen.. people don’t forget these things. Let’s hope they don’t ever find themselves in a similar scenario.

It’s a bit like when those young Bury fans were stupid enough to display a ‘Oyston in F your club’ banner at home to Blackpool, along with the accompanying chants... now the Oystons are gone are we are on the verge of going to the wall. Karma comes for us all."

I'm curious about the 'bitter losers' line. What exactly have we lost in this scenario?

And some of them do clearly care what's on here as they keep copying, pasting, enlarging and bolding (!) things off this thread!!

I'm curious about the 'bitter losers' line. What exactly have we lost in this scenario?

Would have thought the only tangible thing we will lose is an extra 6 points per season.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:34 - Jul 16 with 5351 viewskel

“Does anyone care what Rochdale fans think?”

I’m going to plump for he does for that little hissy fit
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:37 - Jul 16 with 5334 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:00 - Jul 16 by Scunnydale

"regardless of the fact they are in a similar situation themselves"

I don't think you can disregard that. I reckon that's the only reason Bolton fans aren't laughing at Bury.

"Could you say the same about Rochdale fans? Not one ounce of humility from what I’ve seen.. people don’t forget these things"

Yup. We've not forgotten the last time the buckets were out at Gigg.

They must have erased that Bolton thread on their board mocking them just a few months ago from their memories.

Karma indeed.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 10:38]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:44 - Jul 16 with 5318 viewsParkinsGimp

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:49 - Jul 15 by kel

Sweetmore could have used it when he called people who post on here “peados” (sic) and then his hangers on wouldn’t have had to claim his tweet was photoshopped.

Can I post that Sweetmore is a complete cock?
Since he is.
Anyway havent bury been wiped off the face of the earth yet?
2.5 weeks and counting .
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:26 - Jul 16 with 5219 viewsHopwoodblue

As we’ve said before they can’t see the wood for the trees.
We’ve been in financial difficulty many times and probably will be again.
What do we do ? We sell a player, some of us get a little disgruntled but deep down we all know if it means paying the tax man it’s the right thing to do. Had bUry been in the same situation I’m sure there would be lots of sympathy on the board for them.
But to turn a blind eye to amassing those kind of debts to try and reach the championship and gloat on this board all through this so called “ride” what do they expect ? I’m originally from Heywood and I suffered all through senior school and beyond with these clowns. Some of them are good friends but even they know with the dogs abuse I’ve suffered over the years there will be not one ounce of sympathy coming from me!
They like to dish it out but cannot take it back.
As the saying goes live by the sword die by the sword.
The sooner the gates at Gigg are locked and the bulldozers move in the better.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 11:48]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:31 - Jul 16 with 5064 viewsEllDale

According to one match report Neil Danns, Byron Moore, Stephen Dawson and Jordan Archer all played in the friendly at Nantwich. But why call them trialists?
Moore is alleged to be going to Plymouth this week.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:46 - Jul 16 with 5017 viewsboromat

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:31 - Jul 16 by EllDale

According to one match report Neil Danns, Byron Moore, Stephen Dawson and Jordan Archer all played in the friendly at Nantwich. But why call them trialists?
Moore is alleged to be going to Plymouth this week.

Maybe they are now trialists as they haven't been paid for so many months and the contracts have basically been torn up.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:54 - Jul 16 with 5000 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hey, should n't there be polite applause as we reach 150 pages on this fine post?

Clap clap!
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:20 - Jul 16 with 4920 viewsKenBoon

I've always been wary of laughing at the financial troubles of others because without player sales and cup runs we're not looking good. What this bury fan hasn't realised is, when the wolf is at our door it's not because we've spannered millions on players we cannot afford. It's been pointed out we sell the family silver to pay them debts.

The only bury fans who have my sympathy are those who investigated, asked questions, who wrote to the local rag, David Conn and basically did everything in the face of abuse from other so-called supporters.

If you're a Bury FC fan and you supported Stuart Day when the massive loans, CCJs, insane wages for players were happening then you're not a Bury FC fan. A club supporter wouldn't support such nonsense. They didn't all have to write to the papers and such, but they should have supported those asking questions and certainly not supported Day.

Everything happened in the open (as this massive thread shows), his lies were laughable and his embarrassing failures were public (apart hotel, bl9 weekender, etc). There is no excuse for supporting him. I hope Bury FC survive for the real fans who tried to protect their club. The others should go support a Premier League brand where such mega spending is part of the gig.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:53 - Jul 16 with 4844 viewssoulboy

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:54 - Jul 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hey, should n't there be polite applause as we reach 150 pages on this fine post?

Clap clap!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:48 - Jul 16 with 4744 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:20 - Jul 16 by KenBoon

I've always been wary of laughing at the financial troubles of others because without player sales and cup runs we're not looking good. What this bury fan hasn't realised is, when the wolf is at our door it's not because we've spannered millions on players we cannot afford. It's been pointed out we sell the family silver to pay them debts.

The only bury fans who have my sympathy are those who investigated, asked questions, who wrote to the local rag, David Conn and basically did everything in the face of abuse from other so-called supporters.

If you're a Bury FC fan and you supported Stuart Day when the massive loans, CCJs, insane wages for players were happening then you're not a Bury FC fan. A club supporter wouldn't support such nonsense. They didn't all have to write to the papers and such, but they should have supported those asking questions and certainly not supported Day.

Everything happened in the open (as this massive thread shows), his lies were laughable and his embarrassing failures were public (apart hotel, bl9 weekender, etc). There is no excuse for supporting him. I hope Bury FC survive for the real fans who tried to protect their club. The others should go support a Premier League brand where such mega spending is part of the gig.

My personal view is that bury fans are completely to blame for our attitude towards them due to a large number of them being smug, condescending pricks towards us over the years. Some of them have gone further than the boundaries of ‘bants’ too and they know who they are.

I know it’s not all of them and I’ve met some bury fans through these boards that I class as really good mates ( sorry to the weirdos who think you can’t be mates with bury fans) as well as having a lot of family who support them. Those are the ones I feel sorry for but I just can’t see past the huge number of absolute arseholes that support them at the moment.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - Jul 16 with 4600 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:48 - Jul 16 by kel

My personal view is that bury fans are completely to blame for our attitude towards them due to a large number of them being smug, condescending pricks towards us over the years. Some of them have gone further than the boundaries of ‘bants’ too and they know who they are.

I know it’s not all of them and I’ve met some bury fans through these boards that I class as really good mates ( sorry to the weirdos who think you can’t be mates with bury fans) as well as having a lot of family who support them. Those are the ones I feel sorry for but I just can’t see past the huge number of absolute arseholes that support them at the moment.

I think the new stadium chat was the best part of SD1 time at Giggle.

Promised a new stadium and said it would open in 15 months despite the fact they had no location or land!

What an absolute bell end SD1 was.

Second favourite was when he crammed his arse into those training shorts in Spain and the shorts had SD printed on them!

Has anybody the time to find that picture it was an absolute belter!!!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:02 - Jul 16 with 4572 viewsIOMDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:54 - Jul 16 by aleanddale

Promised a new stadium and said it would open in 15 months despite the fact they had no location or land!

Second favourite was when he crammed his arse into those training shorts in Spain and the shorts had SD printed on them!

It's a shame Bury didn't employ such a vigorous interview process when it came to prospective new owners...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28677303

UTDNFS

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:23 - Jul 16 with 4500 viewsrochedale

Nah, the best was when, at the start of his reign, he challenged all the other 91 chairmen to a keepy uppy contest. From that moment, it was obvious he was a complete bell end.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:29 - Jul 16 with 4380 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:47 - Jul 16 by TVOS1907

From their board.

"Does anyone care what Rochdale fans think? They’ve routinely shown tnemselves to be a bunch of bitter losers, which is odd considering they usually barely get mentioned on here unless one of their own fans has made an account pretending to be a Bury supporter.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, with regards to them.

One point I will make though, with regards to other fans attitudes... Bolton fans, in fairness, have acted quite gracefully and have generally been supportive of our situation, probably because they can see past a footballing rivalry, and are probably sensible enough to realise what goes around comes around; regardless of the fact they are in a similar situation themselves. This is from a fanbase that usually pokes fun at Bury at any opportunity. I base this off of numerous sources both personal and online.

Could you say the same about Rochdale fans? Not one ounce of humility from what I’ve seen.. people don’t forget these things. Let’s hope they don’t ever find themselves in a similar scenario.

It’s a bit like when those young Bury fans were stupid enough to display a ‘Oyston in F your club’ banner at home to Blackpool, along with the accompanying chants... now the Oystons are gone are we are on the verge of going to the wall. Karma comes for us all."

And some of them do clearly care what's on here as they keep copying, pasting, enlarging and bolding (!) things off this thread!!

When have Bury ever had the chance to see us as losers, bitter or otherwise? My memory doesn’t stretch back that far.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:51 - Jul 16 with 4305 viewsfinberty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:29 - Jul 16 by Shun

When have Bury ever had the chance to see us as losers, bitter or otherwise? My memory doesn’t stretch back that far.

"They’ve routinely shown tnemselves [sic] to be a bunch of bitter losers, which is odd considering they usually barely get mentioned on here"

Shame about the typo.

I'm struggling to understand the logic here. It seems a non sequitur to me: 'shown themselves to be a bunch of bitter losers' (if you like)...'which is odd considering they usually barely get mentioned here'.

Does this mean that only losers get mentioned there?

Does this mean that, if we were mentioned more, we would be less of a bunch of bitter losers?

I just don't follow the logic of the statement. It's a bit like a bury FC business plan. Many words. Much of it nonsense.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:46 - Jul 16 with 4104 viewsKenBoon

You forgot the part where someone else was going to pay for the stadium... because north Manchester really needs another out-of-town retail park.

The fella was a meme. Some fun memories thinking back. If someone wants to do a Stuart Day epic fails compilation on YouTube then it has at least one viewer here.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:03 - Jul 16 with 4056 viewsmacro

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15176140.bury-chairman-stewart-day-sets-timesca

Comment section is great
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:23 - Jul 16 with 3826 viewsdownunder

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:03 - Jul 16 by macro

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/15176140.bury-chairman-stewart-day-sets-timesca

Comment section is great

Chris Goodlad saw into the future with his comment, "The stand could be demolished and rebuilt with conference facilities" I presume he meant the Football Conference.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:30 - Jul 16 with 3799 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:23 - Jul 16 by downunder

Chris Goodlad saw into the future with his comment, "The stand could be demolished and rebuilt with conference facilities" I presume he meant the Football Conference.

No, because that would imply a football club existing.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:58 - Jul 16 with 3722 viewsTTNYear

The bottom line for all these bury fans, good guys or not is this debacle happened on their watch. Claim you couldn’t do anything, fine! But they are in massive danger of not being able to pass the club on to future generations because of their ignorance and short sightedness. On your watch!

I think many of them will feel that guilt. They could have done something. Protest, question ideas, spending and decisions, write letters to Conn and bury times. But no...blinded by an arrogance that they are better than what they are. On their watch.

Am I sorry for them? Maybe, certainly for some... But this might give certain fans a kick up the arse, that you don’t know how good you’ve got it until you’ve lost it...

...On your watch.

Makes aiming for 20th in league one a humble target.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Jul 17 with 3435 viewsblackdogblue

Talking to someone today who's a Stoke fan about Buckets, he said he had seen something on a forum about them, astonished to read this but not surprised:

Posted June 15 (edited)
Hi all-lifelong Shaker (55) here.

We are in a bit of a pickle, at Gigg Lane with our previous owner vastly over-spending and our new one proving 'difficult' to say the least.
Suffice to say we have a winding up order deferred to the 19th June.
The most likely outcome appears to be dministration, take the 12 point hit and start again.
I've been watching Bury all my days, and have seen Bury play every club competitively, apart from yourselves, the big North London 2,
Villa and West Ham and possibly Leeds who we played in 1974 League Cup but I really can't recall if I went to that game.
Last time we were in the same division was 1985/6 season, I was away at Poly, two 1-1 draws!!
We did have a two year spell in the 2nd tier, where we got to see a lot of sides we wouldn't usually play against!

Obviously we are unlikely to play you in the league, for some time, if ever again, but to play you in the Cup would be a good day!
And the 6-0 monkey is now off your back with City equalling our record vs yourselves!

Bury can be a cracking day out fantastic including www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk vintage steam and diesel railway.

If you can please spread the word and if you can run to a fiver/tenner maybe a little more, any help would be greatly appreciated--please note 10% surcharge on any donations made.
Thanks for your time--Phil.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-bury-football-club

Edited June 15 by Shaker01

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:49 - Jul 17 with 3406 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:41 - Jul 17 by blackdogblue

Talking to someone today who's a Stoke fan about Buckets, he said he had seen something on a forum about them, astonished to read this but not surprised:

Posted June 15 (edited)
Hi all-lifelong Shaker (55) here.

We are in a bit of a pickle, at Gigg Lane with our previous owner vastly over-spending and our new one proving 'difficult' to say the least.
Suffice to say we have a winding up order deferred to the 19th June.
The most likely outcome appears to be dministration, take the 12 point hit and start again.
I've been watching Bury all my days, and have seen Bury play every club competitively, apart from yourselves, the big North London 2,
Villa and West Ham and possibly Leeds who we played in 1974 League Cup but I really can't recall if I went to that game.
Last time we were in the same division was 1985/6 season, I was away at Poly, two 1-1 draws!!
We did have a two year spell in the 2nd tier, where we got to see a lot of sides we wouldn't usually play against!

Obviously we are unlikely to play you in the league, for some time, if ever again, but to play you in the Cup would be a good day!
And the 6-0 monkey is now off your back with City equalling our record vs yourselves!

Bury can be a cracking day out fantastic including www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk vintage steam and diesel railway.

If you can please spread the word and if you can run to a fiver/tenner maybe a little more, any help would be greatly appreciated--please note 10% surcharge on any donations made.
Thanks for your time--Phil.

https://www.gofundme.com/save-bury-football-club

Edited June 15 by Shaker01

“The most likely outcome appears to be dministration, take the 12 point hit and start again.”

And there it is. No mention of the companies they’ve ripped off going under if admin does happen.
Let’s just start again until the next time...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:19 - Jul 17 with 3327 viewssoulboy

Buckets have now lost defender Callum McFdzean to Plymouth, meaning every one from their starting line up for the final game of last season have left giggle.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - Jul 17 with 3241 viewsblackdogblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:49 - Jul 17 by kel

“The most likely outcome appears to be dministration, take the 12 point hit and start again.”

And there it is. No mention of the companies they’ve ripped off going under if admin does happen.
Let’s just start again until the next time...

Did you miss the please donate bit at the bottom...

Wonder how many other forums they have gone begging on....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024