Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2020670 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:27 - Aug 8 with 3285 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:17 - Aug 8 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not sure who you are on there and sure you can’t win whatever you do, I pop over occasionally, despite being accused on there of being obsessed.

You have to be very careful re harassment laws and potential liability to yourself, but if every fan were to write to Dale in person, at his home address, that’s not illegal. If you were to not receive a reply you can write again, if he replies you can correspond in return.

I would suggest you arrange to rent a P.O. Box though as I would not be sending a return address I lived at!

Not sure it will help you but 500 letters a day arriving will cause a stir without breaking any law, just ask questions and don’t be abusive or threatening, not that I would suggest you would be!

Bury obsessed Thacks has tried to help you, can’t see this happening regularly though 😀

Clues in who locked those last two threads 😉

Good points. To be honest, though, I’m worn out with it all now. He’s seeing this through, whatever happens - nothing at all we can do.

I’d just like us to to a preserve a bit of a good name (if there’s any left at all).
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:44 - Aug 8 with 3201 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:27 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

Good points. To be honest, though, I’m worn out with it all now. He’s seeing this through, whatever happens - nothing at all we can do.

I’d just like us to to a preserve a bit of a good name (if there’s any left at all).

Has anyone from Forever Bury met face to face with the EFL yet?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:44 - Aug 8 with 3201 viewsSandyman

Of course there is sympathy here for the genuine bury fans. Those who dared to speak up about the financial carnage were right. Even us tramps this side of Heywood could see it coming 177 pages ago. Coventry fans saw the writing on the wall and fought back accordingly. They're struggling but still here. Blackpool fans saw the writing on the wall and fought back accordingly. They are thriving. Bolton fans relied too much on Eddie Davies and are barely alive but complying with the EFL. bury fans knew the accounts (as we did) and adopted the #WowWowWow / #Revolution propaganda even after years of financial uncertainty. The wise ones were not listened to. Hence the current mess. And the horrendous debts that genuine people are owed by the club. bury fans didn't fight back.
5 years on, hating us or Tranmere achieves nothing. Talk of bury's "stature" given the current situation is insane. The pathetic pseudo-intellectual rants of the Davenport are embarrassing at best.
What do you do now? Parcels of poo aren't the answer. bury fans have 14 days to find a resolution to this. It's up to you now, as it was years ago but you wouldn't listen. Maybe they have left it too late. Who knows.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 20:45]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:46 - Aug 8 with 3187 viewsblackdogblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:27 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

May prove to regret this mate but you seem level headed & not a Stone Island or hooded knife wielding brat (Chalkys picture of come have some last season)

There are real casualties here, youth teams, fans not interested in throwing batteries, coins, golf balls, darts etc...

I do have a heart & some sympathy but to be honest, the few have ruined it for the honest many mate....
L
We always welcome true football fans to the Dale, Hartlepool, Scunthorpe have been nobs in recent seasons & we have a small contingent who will be sorted out if they turn up with flares again to a match, but I’m sorry, looking to the day the place is levelled..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:49 - Aug 8 with 3158 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:44 - Aug 8 by ColDale

Has anyone from Forever Bury met face to face with the EFL yet?

Not sure Col to be honest. Would be worth knowing.
What have you made of their statements out of interest? I’m finding them a bit empty and repetitive now, but they keep telling us there’s nothing more they can say.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:53 - Aug 8 with 3121 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:46 - Aug 8 by blackdogblue

May prove to regret this mate but you seem level headed & not a Stone Island or hooded knife wielding brat (Chalkys picture of come have some last season)

There are real casualties here, youth teams, fans not interested in throwing batteries, coins, golf balls, darts etc...

I do have a heart & some sympathy but to be honest, the few have ruined it for the honest many mate....
L
We always welcome true football fans to the Dale, Hartlepool, Scunthorpe have been nobs in recent seasons & we have a small contingent who will be sorted out if they turn up with flares again to a match, but I’m sorry, looking to the day the place is levelled..

I said that to Kel the other night mate - I absolutely get why people don’t like us.
I read some stuff on our board and just want to bang my head against my desk.
I read some stuff on here and want to do the same though!
I guess it’s all just a great big f-ing mess, but ultimately in a couple of weeks I’m going to be without a club and that’s pretty hard to stomach.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:58 - Aug 8 with 3081 viewsblackdogblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:53 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

I said that to Kel the other night mate - I absolutely get why people don’t like us.
I guess it’s all just a great big f-ing mess, but ultimately in a couple of weeks I’m going to be without a club and that’s pretty hard to stomach.

You seem like a true fan 👍

“If” it happens & Bury drop down 3/4 leagues to join FC United, if they build a small stand at Close Park & still go & watch them, I will turn up for a match if Kel does..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:01 - Aug 8 with 3058 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:58 - Aug 8 by blackdogblue

You seem like a true fan 👍

“If” it happens & Bury drop down 3/4 leagues to join FC United, if they build a small stand at Close Park & still go & watch them, I will turn up for a match if Kel does..

Good man 🍻
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:02 - Aug 8 with 3054 viewsClivert

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:09 - Aug 8 by Fondles

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/buryblogsbyadamc433.wordpress.com/2018/12/11/who-

Great read. Fast forward 7 months.
Great man

Great find that.

Day is the real villain here.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:05 - Aug 8 with 3024 viewsShun

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:26 - Aug 8 by kel

Indeed. Claims to be a “wordsmith” but struggles with basic spelling. Odd bloke.

Whoops, he’s blocked me on Twitter for pointing out a few simple truths.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:07 - Aug 8 with 3001 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:53 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

The irony of the whole shambles is Tupac, that in 1 day you have effectively got more of us feeling sorry for you and your clubs situation, than anybody else has since this thread started.

Had more of the genuine fans been on here, and less bellends on the bury site lording it, I would imagine you would have received support and maybe even some financial help.

Day was a bad un, Dale I am still not 100% sure of as he may see more financial gain in keeping you going, guess time will tell.

Has b55 left your board (think that was his name) he always talked sense!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:08 - Aug 8 with 2996 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:49 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

Not sure Col to be honest. Would be worth knowing.
What have you made of their statements out of interest? I’m finding them a bit empty and repetitive now, but they keep telling us there’s nothing more they can say.

They're obviously feeling frustrated themselves and its stating the obvious to say that SD isn't the easiest to deal with , and that shows through in their statements, but it strikes me there is a desperate need to be showing people what they are doing, day after day, to try and deal with the situation. They won't be able to publish warts and all, but the fans are desperately lacking leaderhip right now, and a FB showing just how active they are being is what is needed.

The website has four updates in four weeks, and given the gravitas of the situation, four very simililarly worded statements wouldn't fill me with confidence. I'm sure there's plenty going on behind the scenes but without being told, its total guesswork. For me, Id be much happier if I was reading on there something along the lines of
Monday: Telephone calls with EFL to arrange meeting, meeting with James Firth
Tuesday: Meeting with solicitor regarding approach to CVA
Wednesday: Meeting at the EFL, speaking to fans at other clubs who have been in crisis
Thursday: Contacted potential investors within the Bury borough, report on EFL meeting on website
Friday: Discussions with reps at FCUM, Chester, FC Halifax about "Plan B"

Maybe thin on the details, but it shows the people of Bury that they are actively working hard on their behalf. You almost suspect that had it not been for DeanUK, there may not have been anything publicly said at all. and tbh if there hasn't been a face to face meeting with the EFL, you may as well shut up shop now.

This post has been edited by an administrator
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:14 - Aug 8 with 2928 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:07 - Aug 8 by Thacks_Rabbits

The irony of the whole shambles is Tupac, that in 1 day you have effectively got more of us feeling sorry for you and your clubs situation, than anybody else has since this thread started.

Had more of the genuine fans been on here, and less bellends on the bury site lording it, I would imagine you would have received support and maybe even some financial help.

Day was a bad un, Dale I am still not 100% sure of as he may see more financial gain in keeping you going, guess time will tell.

Has b55 left your board (think that was his name) he always talked sense!

Kinda why I thought to rejoin (I used to be on here or the previous one as ShakerMaker). No point just making sly digs at each other from across our respective boards.

Don’t remember B55 mate.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 2914 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:08 - Aug 8 by ColDale

They're obviously feeling frustrated themselves and its stating the obvious to say that SD isn't the easiest to deal with , and that shows through in their statements, but it strikes me there is a desperate need to be showing people what they are doing, day after day, to try and deal with the situation. They won't be able to publish warts and all, but the fans are desperately lacking leaderhip right now, and a FB showing just how active they are being is what is needed.

The website has four updates in four weeks, and given the gravitas of the situation, four very simililarly worded statements wouldn't fill me with confidence. I'm sure there's plenty going on behind the scenes but without being told, its total guesswork. For me, Id be much happier if I was reading on there something along the lines of
Wednesday: Meeting at the EFL, speaking to fans at other clubs who have been in crisis
Thursday: Contacted potential investors within the Bury borough, report on EFL meeting on website

Maybe thin on the details, but it shows the people of Bury that they are actively working hard on their behalf. You almost suspect that had it not been for DeanUK, there may not have been anything publicly said at all. and tbh if there hasn't been a face to face meeting with the EFL, you may as well shut up shop now.

Let us not forget Col that foreverbury did have a sizeable stake in the club before Stewart Day arrived, much more significant a stake and say then a club with a Trust like ours

If I was a bury fan, I'd want to know why they rolled over and gave those shares to Stewart Day.

Effectively that was the moment the fans lost their voice and those who signed that off "on behalf" of their fans are going to have to take a very, very long hard look at themselves should the inevitable happen.

I think in the modern game a lower league club needs fan ownership on a small scale to drive some accountability.

Those in bury's fan ownership structure have driven no accountability since they actually saved their club in 2002.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:20 - Aug 8 with 2884 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:08 - Aug 8 by ColDale

Sorry Col, pressed rate down rather than rate up.
You’re absolutely right mate.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:23 - Aug 8 with 2850 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:20 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

You really wouldn’t be in this mess now if full details of meetings with the club, follow up plans and a consistent level of public communication had been maintained.

That is without doubt.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:25 - Aug 8 with 2837 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:20 - Aug 8 by TuPac_Shaker

Why do you think that Steve Dale hasn't put the £1.6m the EFL want to see into a bank account and shown it to them?

a) Doesn't have it to put in?
b) Doesn't want to to put it in?

If there isn't a statement from Dale tonight it might be the start of a bit of conciliatory behaviour towards the EFL.

That last statement followed up by the bit on Talksport with White and Jordan was like poking the EFL in the eye.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:27 - Aug 8 with 2818 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:17 - Aug 8 by RAFCBLUE

Let us not forget Col that foreverbury did have a sizeable stake in the club before Stewart Day arrived, much more significant a stake and say then a club with a Trust like ours

If I was a bury fan, I'd want to know why they rolled over and gave those shares to Stewart Day.

Effectively that was the moment the fans lost their voice and those who signed that off "on behalf" of their fans are going to have to take a very, very long hard look at themselves should the inevitable happen.

I think in the modern game a lower league club needs fan ownership on a small scale to drive some accountability.

Those in bury's fan ownership structure have driven no accountability since they actually saved their club in 2002.

agree completely, but with a two week countdown, they need to deal with the now. Perhaps a hands up over that might attract a few sceptics back on board.

Just to add to the above (and it may well have happened at the public meeting) but where is the appeal for extra help? Thiese are not ordinary circumstances and a committee of 7 or 8 is insufficient. They need to be seeking out as much extra help as they can in whatever skills are available.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:30 - Aug 8 with 2797 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:23 - Aug 8 by 442Dale

You really wouldn’t be in this mess now if full details of meetings with the club, follow up plans and a consistent level of public communication had been maintained.

That is without doubt.

Sorry but they probably would be in the same mess. The sensible things you suggest could not have averted the crisis at bfc which was caused by the recklessness of those in charge and the apathy of the fans and their representatives towards the irresponsibility that was taking place.
Unless I have missed your point for which I apologise in advance
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:32 - Aug 8 with 2787 viewsR17ALE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:17 - Aug 8 by RAFCBLUE

You're right, but turn the clock back 6 or 7 years when SD1 walked in off the street.

The fanfare that greeted him from Neville Neville, Gordon wow wow wow, and the sycophantic cowing from the Baldrick-like bury fans prostrating themselves in deference to this demi-god, who was sent from heaven to restore bury back to its natural home in the Championship. You can see why FB buckled under the overwhelming tide of rejoicing, and gleefully threw their shares in the direction sign-posted "gullible".

As fans, their responsibility was to stop and ask, "who?" and "why?"

Not one fan anywhere paused at the outset of SD1 to draw breath and evaluate.

Indeed, to my memory, this thread was the first such time anyone questioned SD1.

As usual, we were right. Which is precisely what bury fans hate about us and this thread.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:36 - Aug 8 with 2750 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:32 - Aug 8 by R17ALE

You're right, but turn the clock back 6 or 7 years when SD1 walked in off the street.

The fanfare that greeted him from Neville Neville, Gordon wow wow wow, and the sycophantic cowing from the Baldrick-like bury fans prostrating themselves in deference to this demi-god, who was sent from heaven to restore bury back to its natural home in the Championship. You can see why FB buckled under the overwhelming tide of rejoicing, and gleefully threw their shares in the direction sign-posted "gullible".

As fans, their responsibility was to stop and ask, "who?" and "why?"

Not one fan anywhere paused at the outset of SD1 to draw breath and evaluate.

Indeed, to my memory, this thread was the first such time anyone questioned SD1.

As usual, we were right. Which is precisely what bury fans hate about us and this thread.

As précis go, that is priceless.
In a nutshell as they say.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:44 - Aug 8 with 2681 viewsTuPac_Shaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:25 - Aug 8 by RAFCBLUE

Why do you think that Steve Dale hasn't put the £1.6m the EFL want to see into a bank account and shown it to them?

a) Doesn't have it to put in?
b) Doesn't want to to put it in?

If there isn't a statement from Dale tonight it might be the start of a bit of conciliatory behaviour towards the EFL.

That last statement followed up by the bit on Talksport with White and Jordan was like poking the EFL in the eye.

I don’t think he has it and I don’t think he wants to keep the club going
His business is dissolving/liquidating businesses. Why would a non-footballing man, who’s not even from Bury, treat the club any differently?
I truly believe that all this is being/has been done so he can say “I tried my very best to keep it going, but the EFL wouldn’t play ball”. I heard, way before any sirens starting wailing, that this is how he conducts his business and it’s to the letter.
Liquidating a football club with a 3000 strong fan base is different to liquidating a timber merchants with 11 employees. But he’s a wily old fox and I don’t for one minute believe he didn’t know what he was letting himself in for or what he’s doing.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:44 - Aug 8 with 2681 viewsEllDale

Just out of interest where is SD1 lurking these days?
There’s a big story in the local paper in Huddersfield tonight about how university students are having to be housed in a council leisure centre because Merderco built accommodation doesn’t meet safety regulations....
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:46 - Aug 8 with 2665 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:27 - Aug 8 by ColDale

agree completely, but with a two week countdown, they need to deal with the now. Perhaps a hands up over that might attract a few sceptics back on board.

Just to add to the above (and it may well have happened at the public meeting) but where is the appeal for extra help? Thiese are not ordinary circumstances and a committee of 7 or 8 is insufficient. They need to be seeking out as much extra help as they can in whatever skills are available.

They need to reach out to Steve Dale.

Apologies, kiss and make up or at the very least open a decent and honest line of communication.

Their only problem currently is getting the EFL comfortable.

If you think that 71 other clubs that don't have pots of cash have managed that and bury haven't it shows the EFL can take a pragmatic view.

But to get a pragmatic view you have to ask for pragmatism.

bury fans, bury football club and foreverbury haven't seen sense to do that.

If Dale stands them up then they can say they have tried but their PR of their plight is awful.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:51 - Aug 8 with 2624 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:44 - Aug 8 by EllDale

Just out of interest where is SD1 lurking these days?
There’s a big story in the local paper in Huddersfield tonight about how university students are having to be housed in a council leisure centre because Merderco built accommodation doesn’t meet safety regulations....

He'll be preparing himself for a possible spell in a HMP somewhere.. Or maybe chucking a few more milkybars around to some folk elsewhere equally as fooking stupid
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024