Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021826 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:08 - Aug 19 with 5129 viewsdeeplishblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:58 - Aug 19 by DaleiLama

I'm pretty sure this fella never lauded it over anyone. It could have been any one of hundreds of similarly placed Daleys. It's these people I genuinely feel sick to the stomach for, regardless of anything else that has gone one. He wasn't part of it, I'm sure he didn't condone it and he was a supporter 40 years before it even started. Reading Gordon's words gave me a huge lump in my throat. What has happened over there is criminal on so many levels.

When I saw that post it reminded me of this

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:33 - Aug 19 with 4999 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:59 - Aug 19 by kel

Shame bury fans couldn’t show such dignity towards the CHILD victims of sexual abuse in Rochdale when they sing their sick songs and make their poisonous posts on twitter.

Never, ever seen their ‘reasoned fans’ condemn that, have you?

Or...

* refraining from throwing batteries and whatnot and Dale fans

* refraining from throwing glasses around a local pub when there was the least-looking Dale 'firm' drinking in there

* searching the internet for personal images of Dale fans and their friends and family to use in a non-humorous and unacceptable way

Others will be able to offer plenty of other 'dignified' examples

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:54 - Aug 19 with 4924 viewsBrierls

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:58 - Aug 19 by DaleiLama

I'm pretty sure this fella never lauded it over anyone. It could have been any one of hundreds of similarly placed Daleys. It's these people I genuinely feel sick to the stomach for, regardless of anything else that has gone one. He wasn't part of it, I'm sure he didn't condone it and he was a supporter 40 years before it even started. Reading Gordon's words gave me a huge lump in my throat. What has happened over there is criminal on so many levels.

Pulling on the Nations heart strings with this emotional interview. Keep coming Kenny. Apart from the following Monday & Tuesday, we're closing the ticket office. Announced on the Internet & Social Media, which Kenny doesn't do.

Textbook bury.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:55 - Aug 19 with 4737 viewsTVOS1907

Oi, Fitzo…….

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/threat-to-burys-future-has-destroyed-us-all-w

* I know it's not you.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Aug 19 with 4648 viewsScunnydale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:55 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Oi, Fitzo…….

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/threat-to-burys-future-has-destroyed-us-all-w

* I know it's not you.

“We’ve seen some crap over the years, some absolute dross,” he says laughing. “But you keep on going because it’s your club. And you know one day they could do something like last season.”

And what would that be? Spending far too much money on players you can't afford, cheating your way to an undeserved promotion, before crippling your club and later facing expulsion from the league?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:11 - Aug 19 with 4460 viewsReedy

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Aug 19 by Scunnydale

“We’ve seen some crap over the years, some absolute dross,” he says laughing. “But you keep on going because it’s your club. And you know one day they could do something like last season.”

And what would that be? Spending far too much money on players you can't afford, cheating your way to an undeserved promotion, before crippling your club and later facing expulsion from the league?

I was passing Gigg this afternoon. I parked up and sat there for five minutes, and for the first time I felt a bit of sympathy for some bury supporters. I have no sympathy what so ever for the ones who don’t believe they’ve done anything wrong and lapped up all the rubbish from day and the revolution.

As I was sat there, I wondered how I would feel it if was dale and how awful it would be. Make no mistake that some bury supporters are good people. I was taught by a bury fan at school and to this day remains one of the biggest influences on my life, I hate the thought of him being without his beloved club.

The vast majority of the ones threatening people and blaming the efl for this, that and the other don’t deserve the airtime they’re unfortunately getting, and I honestly think they’re too dim to understand the situation and how they got to this position. I stand with the same friends week in and week out at dale, and we’ve discussed the bury situation at length over the years, and we all agreed if we were signing players way beyond our means, we would be asking questions, and more to the point demanding answers. Something I don’t think enough bury fans did, and the ones that did were shouted down.

I hope come Friday evening, they’ve been expelled from the league, not for us to say I told you so, but because what they’ve done is not right and is against the ethics of sport, particularly if your a supporter of Mansfield.

For everyone of them dancing on the pitch at tranmere when they got promoted, there will be supporters out of shot, not heard or seen, who thought how cringey and disrespectful it was. A friend of mine compared it to when we survived relegation against charlton last season and there fans stayed and celebrated with us, that was class (and I was so glad for those supporters when they got promoted last season) what those bury fans did, was the exact and utter opposite.

I for one, hope they reform at a lower level, similar to what Wimbledon have done, and Newport before them. So those supporters who you never hear about, don’t sing vile songs about grooming young girls, don’t throw things with the intent to hurt someone, those supporters have a club to love, cherish and support. I hope the elderly gentleman in that video doing the rounds, and my former teacher have a club next August, looking forward to the new season. I also hope it’s at the bottom of the pyramid.

The ones amongst them who think they’ve done nothing wrong, who refuse to accept the punishment, have no right to be called a supporter. You enjoyed the falsified grandeur of signing big name players, accept whatever punishment comes your way.

Blog: The FA Cup

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:28 - Aug 19 with 4390 viewsScunnydale

Absolutely, Reedy.

It's only in the past few days that I've genuinely started to hope Bury go to the wall. Not for that old chap in the video, or Tupac, or people like them. But for those who still can't see why they're in this state. And sadly, whether it's just because of the modern world and its social medias and the like, but they seem to be a large majority.

Blaming the EFL is ridiculous. If anything, the only thing they've done wrong is to allow this to go on for so long. They should have closed the door before the season started. However, I can see why they've given Bury every chance to survive and fair play to the EFL for that.

The Bury fans being interviewed right, left and centre have (with the honourable exception) refused to take into account why this has come to pass. It's all woe-is-me stuff and being mystified as to why the likes of us, Tranmere, Shrewsbury and presumably Mansfield couldn't give two tosses about them any longer. Again, apart from Tupac et al, there's seemingly no one discrediting their worthless promotion or showing remorse for ripping off charities and local businesses.

I can remember their bluster at signing the likes of Beckford, Bunn and the likes. I would have thought that a team with their checkered history would have been more vigilant about financial concerns, but no.

And for those reasons, I'm done with them. I don't like thinking like this because we're not minted, but Bury have had far too many chances and they've done F-all apart from lord it over other clubs, and then start wailing when the buckets have to come out yet again.

To that old chap, Tupac and the other good 'uns. I'm sure there'd be a spot at Spotland for you if the worst came to the worst.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:29 - Aug 19 with 4384 viewsBrierls

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:11 - Aug 19 by Reedy

I was passing Gigg this afternoon. I parked up and sat there for five minutes, and for the first time I felt a bit of sympathy for some bury supporters. I have no sympathy what so ever for the ones who don’t believe they’ve done anything wrong and lapped up all the rubbish from day and the revolution.

As I was sat there, I wondered how I would feel it if was dale and how awful it would be. Make no mistake that some bury supporters are good people. I was taught by a bury fan at school and to this day remains one of the biggest influences on my life, I hate the thought of him being without his beloved club.

The vast majority of the ones threatening people and blaming the efl for this, that and the other don’t deserve the airtime they’re unfortunately getting, and I honestly think they’re too dim to understand the situation and how they got to this position. I stand with the same friends week in and week out at dale, and we’ve discussed the bury situation at length over the years, and we all agreed if we were signing players way beyond our means, we would be asking questions, and more to the point demanding answers. Something I don’t think enough bury fans did, and the ones that did were shouted down.

I hope come Friday evening, they’ve been expelled from the league, not for us to say I told you so, but because what they’ve done is not right and is against the ethics of sport, particularly if your a supporter of Mansfield.

For everyone of them dancing on the pitch at tranmere when they got promoted, there will be supporters out of shot, not heard or seen, who thought how cringey and disrespectful it was. A friend of mine compared it to when we survived relegation against charlton last season and there fans stayed and celebrated with us, that was class (and I was so glad for those supporters when they got promoted last season) what those bury fans did, was the exact and utter opposite.

I for one, hope they reform at a lower level, similar to what Wimbledon have done, and Newport before them. So those supporters who you never hear about, don’t sing vile songs about grooming young girls, don’t throw things with the intent to hurt someone, those supporters have a club to love, cherish and support. I hope the elderly gentleman in that video doing the rounds, and my former teacher have a club next August, looking forward to the new season. I also hope it’s at the bottom of the pyramid.

The ones amongst them who think they’ve done nothing wrong, who refuse to accept the punishment, have no right to be called a supporter. You enjoyed the falsified grandeur of signing big name players, accept whatever punishment comes your way.

I hope you paid for parking. Those who invested in a parking space are never going to see a ROI with chancers like you parking up without any consideration for others nest egg.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:32 - Aug 19 with 4370 viewsaleanddale

Great post Reedy.

I am fed up to the back teeth of all the bury divine righters who COMPLETELY miss the point.

You are right of course there will be a big majority probably embarrassed how low they can actually stoop.

Phoenix for the town to support could serve its purpose and they might even enjoy it!

Expulsion will send a message to the whole EFL that the days of zero consequence are now over for blatant cheating of finances.

It is just now a question of has Debbie got the balls!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 4282 viewsChaffRAFC

Cracking post this. Sums it up perfectly.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:15 - Aug 19 with 4232 viewsMoonyDale

Every word of this, perfect post....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:22 - Aug 19 with 4193 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:33 - Aug 19 by dingdangblue

Because they are getting support from 99% of clubs all over the UK (apart from nasty Dale and Tranmere) - The massive Rangers from Glasgow are very sympathetic (cant think why)?

The vast silent majority of fans from all of the other clubs, probably couldn’t give a toss about them. Yes small minority of fans say how sorry they are and even give them money. I bet the majority of the population of Bury aren’t that arsed either, otherwise they would be raising much more than is being raised.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:08 - Aug 19 with 3987 viewsR17ALE

It's not just us and Tranmere.

Even Shrewsbury* fans are peeved.

*The Switzerland of football.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/99490/urgent-bury-fc-petition

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Aug 19 with 3917 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:37 - Aug 19 by judd

Isn't there a charge on future EFL monies, which Dale signed up in March?

Hi judd,

Yes - filed at Companies House from Broadoak Private Finance Limited.

And not signed by Steve Dale - signed by the other chap (Matthew McCarthy) and witnessed by Karl Evans.

Secured "over bury football club limited (the)'s entitlement to payments whether contractual or otherwise in connection with football league membership."

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053268/charges/TO4qRyVhTk5ZXmUl1lAM

Interesting if you look at Clause 8.11 (Page 18 of 41) that if they Default, Broadoak Private Finance Limited theoretically gets the EFL's golden share transferred to them which is the security but only if the loan is not repaid by the football club.

Makes the untangling that little bit more complicated....

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:55 - Aug 19 with 3536 viewsfitzochris

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:55 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Oi, Fitzo…….

* I know it's not you.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:33 - Aug 19 with 3433 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Aug 19 by RAFCBLUE

Hi judd,

Yes - filed at Companies House from Broadoak Private Finance Limited.

And not signed by Steve Dale - signed by the other chap (Matthew McCarthy) and witnessed by Karl Evans.

Secured "over bury football club limited (the)'s entitlement to payments whether contractual or otherwise in connection with football league membership."

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053268/charges/TO4qRyVhTk5ZXmUl1lAM

Interesting if you look at Clause 8.11 (Page 18 of 41) that if they Default, Broadoak Private Finance Limited theoretically gets the EFL's golden share transferred to them which is the security but only if the loan is not repaid by the football club.

Makes the untangling that little bit more complicated....

How do you see this eventually playing out RAFCBLUE?

I can still see someone silly enough will come along and dig them out,sadly..
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:05 - Aug 20 with 3380 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:33 - Aug 19 by nordenblue

How do you see this eventually playing out RAFCBLUE?

I can still see someone silly enough will come along and dig them out,sadly..

I think bury are dead in the water as a League club.

The EFL are running around tonight working out what happens when they expel them and how to communicate it, but Bolton have thrown an issue into the mix.

I think it will mean this season:
3 relegated from League 1, instead of 4.
4 up from League 2 into League 1
Then comes a choice - either 1 down from League 2 ; 2 up from the National League or 2 down from League 2, 3 up from the National League.

Legally bury are nowhere. They haven't complied with the EFL throughout and can prove the three things requested:

1. They will or have paid all of last seasons players and staff - £1.0m
2. They will or have paid the CVA to the unsecured creditors at 25p/£ - £1.6m
3. After 1. and 2. they can fund the season - £1.6m

Even if an absolute fool wrote them a cheque for £4.2m they then have to deal with Steve Dale.

It's such a binary comply / participate there are too many hurdles.

After the football goes, Dale will own the ground or, if he defaults the mortgage company own the ground.

Neither stand to make much from a football club but for housing it will fetch a tidy sum.

The media have been teeing up bury fans all week with the "How will it feel when your club dies?" angle.

Expect it to be a sport headline all day Friday and forgotten by the time Norwich take on Chelsea at 12.30 Saturday.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:12 - Aug 20 with 3359 viewsSuddenLad

I was reading today that after a certain passage of time, the 25p / £ scenario, increases to 35p /£.

From what date is that effective ? It will surely increase the sum payable by a hefty sum, making it less likely that a saviour will appear.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:27 - Aug 20 with 3151 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:12 - Aug 20 by SuddenLad

I was reading today that after a certain passage of time, the 25p / £ scenario, increases to 35p /£.

From what date is that effective ? It will surely increase the sum payable by a hefty sum, making it less likely that a saviour will appear.

I think it's 25p in the pound if you pay it off within two years, or 35p if it's over three years.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:27 - Aug 20 with 3048 viewskel

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bury-crisis-is-about-so-much-more-than-one-cl

helping inmates at Forest Bank Prison with physical and mental health issues, preparing them for their release, dealing with every issue from “money management” to “anger management”

Christ, you couldn’t make it up.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:50 - Aug 20 with 2967 views1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:27 - Aug 20 by kel

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bury-crisis-is-about-so-much-more-than-one-cl

helping inmates at Forest Bank Prison with physical and mental health issues, preparing them for their release, dealing with every issue from “money management” to “anger management”

That entire paragraph just riled me:

“It’s not only the congregation at risk. The local economy, employment, self-esteem and international recognition will all suffer. The heart sinks at the prospect of the curtailing of all the fine work done by Bury Community Trust, the 2012 EFL northwest community club of the year, who improve the lives of 2,500 people annually, operating in 45 schools, enhancing numeracy and literacy skills, helping inmates at Forest Bank Prison with physical and mental health issues, preparing them for their release, dealing with every issue from “money management” to “anger management”. And what becomes of the over-70s walking football team, the Bury Relics?”

One could argue that the club bust would boost the economy, given they never pay their debts!

What an absolute tool Winter is to turn up at the twelfth hour, holier than thou, without any such mention of the reasons they’re in this mess.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:51 - Aug 20 with 2950 viewsTVOS1907

Can't read that kel, unless one is a Times subscriber.

Anyway, I take it the "money management" bit is irony?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:56 - Aug 20 with 2946 viewsfitzochris

I read this earlier. Winter is a respected football writer but has committed the old columnist’s sin here of picking a hot topic without being across the granular detail. Poor effort.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:56 - Aug 20 with 2943 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:51 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Can't read that kel, unless one is a Times subscriber.

Anyway, I take it the "money management" bit is irony?

Try it via here then, that’s how I managed to see it

Or you might just have to go on twitter and go via Henry Winter’s account.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 7:57]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:03 - Aug 20 with 2922 viewsEllDale

All these oped columnists in the so-called quality press are having a pop at SD2 but it's difficult to find any trace of a mention of SD1.
Lack of research whilst dashing off a couple of thousand words before lunch?
The local papers in Huddersfield are having a right go at Merderco because a lot of people have lost five figure investment sums in student accommodation but again there is no personal mention of the genius behind the scam.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024