Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998190 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:09 - Aug 20 with 4264 viewsCedar_Room

that's a poor article - laying all the blame at the feet of Steve Dale when he quite clearly inherited this mess. If it wasn't for him bury would have gone under last season and would never have been promoted. Insisting Dale should sell up - sell to who?? Who has £4 million lying around to plough into a club that hasn't even got any players? The idea that this is all about Dale's obstinance is one of the weirder aspects of this saga - I don't particularly rate the guy but realistically what else was he supposed to have done??
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:41 - Aug 20 with 4029 viewsmikehunt

WIND THE BUGGERS UP!
And, finally, make an example to all other cheats that the buck stops here. The EFL has done its utmost to give bury time to sort things out: to the detriment of the integrity of this playing season (I lump Bolton in with that shambles too).
Ok bury F(*cking) C(heats) will cease to exist but, if enough people want it, another club will rise. Not particularly easy I admit but what a journey that could be - look at what Wimbledon managed to do. This has the potential to be a bigger and better fan experience.
So doesn't have to be the end of the world.
But the rest of us who have followed this sorry saga need some closure too, so we can clean up the mess and, hopefully, ensure nothing like this can occur again, Or, if it does, not be so toothless at sorting it out.
GET ON WITH IT!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:58 - Aug 20 with 3948 viewsColDale

For me the only solution this now would be (if I was one of those) barring Bill Gates coming in late on Thursday and all things sorted by Friday

* FB approach the EFL and accept the expulsion from the EFL, maintaining the narrative that they are merely the victims of Steve Dale's involvement.

* Claiming mitigating circumstances, negotiate with the EFL / National League at what level a reformed club could enter. Sticking with the "its all Steve Dale's fault" line, I reckon the powers that be could be talked in to allowing entry into the 2020-21 National League, or at the very worst National League North. Forget what has happened with other clubs, this can be arranged as no one wants to come out of this as looking the bad guys.

* This dependent on a plan in place for the reformed club, including a ground to play at, by the end of February 2020 and realistic spending projections for the next 5 years. Failure to do that would see them starting several divisons below.

Having the opportunity within five years to get back into the EFL must be a better option to Bury supporters than either being sent into the footballing abyss or limping their way from pillar to post and ending up there anyway.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:19 - Aug 20 with 3865 viewsscarrow

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:41 - Aug 20 by mikehunt

WIND THE BUGGERS UP!
And, finally, make an example to all other cheats that the buck stops here. The EFL has done its utmost to give bury time to sort things out: to the detriment of the integrity of this playing season (I lump Bolton in with that shambles too).
Ok bury F(*cking) C(heats) will cease to exist but, if enough people want it, another club will rise. Not particularly easy I admit but what a journey that could be - look at what Wimbledon managed to do. This has the potential to be a bigger and better fan experience.
So doesn't have to be the end of the world.
But the rest of us who have followed this sorry saga need some closure too, so we can clean up the mess and, hopefully, ensure nothing like this can occur again, Or, if it does, not be so toothless at sorting it out.
GET ON WITH IT!

Hereford, reformed now in National League North
Maidstone reformed now in National League South
Kings Lynn reformed now in National League North

It might take a few years buy they’d eventually get back

Poll: Final position

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:19 - Aug 20 with 3865 viewsColDale

Just had a trawl back and found this (which predates this thread)

Bury, some mortgage questions.... by RAFCBLUE 24 Jun 2013 18:10
Interestingly this has surfaced today:

http://portvaleonline.com/BuryFC/BuryFC_Mortgage_Debenture.pdf

It's a mortgage document for Gigg Lane. Raised on Wednesday 29th May, as the paperwork was concluded on the bury takeover (http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-takeover-completed-834927.aspx)

Got to say, they are fast workers!

Funny how:

1) A club that has no debts now has a mortgage
2) A board that have yet to sign a single new player have sanctioned a charge over their ground.
3) This document surfaces on the day that the new chairman says "judge me in three years"

I guess they can't say that they are mortgage free anymore!

Questions being asked about the running of Bury FC at just over three weeks into the SD1 regime. In fairness, this was pre-empted by lots of questions from Port Vale from the involvement of Glenn Thomas so the warnings were there from day one and as Shakermaker replies, people from that side of Fairfield just didn't want to know.

This post has been edited by an administrator
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:45 - Aug 20 with 3769 viewsflyerdale

There's a thread on their message board that is moaning about other fans views about Bury and its situation. Singling out Rochdale and Tranmere fans in particular as the baddies, they are one rung off from blaming us for the shitstorm they find themselves in. But if only more of them had voiced their displeasure earlier instead of celebrating promotions built on other people's money they might have got more simpathy off opposition supporters
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:57 - Aug 20 with 3711 viewsD_BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:50 - Aug 20 by 1907

That entire paragraph just riled me:

“It’s not only the congregation at risk. The local economy, employment, self-esteem and international recognition will all suffer. The heart sinks at the prospect of the curtailing of all the fine work done by Bury Community Trust, the 2012 EFL northwest community club of the year, who improve the lives of 2,500 people annually, operating in 45 schools, enhancing numeracy and literacy skills, helping inmates at Forest Bank Prison with physical and mental health issues, preparing them for their release, dealing with every issue from “money management” to “anger management”. And what becomes of the over-70s walking football team, the Bury Relics?”

One could argue that the club bust would boost the economy, given they never pay their debts!

What an absolute tool Winter is to turn up at the twelfth hour, holier than thou, without any such mention of the reasons they’re in this mess.

I haven't read the article as I don't have a Times sub, but in fairness the Trust does do a lot of good work in the Community and that does leave a gap that probably won't be filled by local services.

The paragraph doesn't fit well when we know the Football Club has a local charity / youth club on it's CVA document but clearly the Community Trust has nothing to do with the running of the club. I think you can sympathise with people who lose this community help whilst still not sympathising with the people involved at the club that have created this mess.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:05 - Aug 20 with 3663 viewsD_BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:09 - Aug 20 by Cedar_Room

that's a poor article - laying all the blame at the feet of Steve Dale when he quite clearly inherited this mess. If it wasn't for him bury would have gone under last season and would never have been promoted. Insisting Dale should sell up - sell to who?? Who has £4 million lying around to plough into a club that hasn't even got any players? The idea that this is all about Dale's obstinance is one of the weirder aspects of this saga - I don't particularly rate the guy but realistically what else was he supposed to have done??

He could've not bought it in the first place? Correct, we would've gone under sooner but I don't believe for a second that Dale was duped by Day and he "inherited" it. He knew full well what he was getting into. I still lay the blame pretty much fully at Day - without Day, we would never have Dale picking at the carcass. But as it stands, Dale is at the helm so right now it is all about him.

I can't see there being anyone willing to put £4million in, unless a Bury fan wins the Euromillions. Why would anyone with sense do it? Buying a football club isn't a sound investment at the best of times, but this one would be a dreadful investment.

The EFL have to end it on Friday imo. To extend the deadline loses too much credibility.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:07 - Aug 20 with 3658 viewsTyskie

How goes, Tranmere fan in peace here.

Just wanted to say how welcomed it is to see a sensible fan base & a well run club sticking up for what's ethically right for the game.

I don't even know where to start with Bury but the thing that really sticks with me is the total local of 99% of their fans to take any accountability or at least their club to take any accountability for the mess they are in. It's always some one else fault and when I innocently asked the question on their page the other week it compounded my thinking.

For me as a Tranmere fan, i've watched our team drop down to the conference and our current described it as altitude training, a lot of fat was cut and a lot of hard hours were put in to try and put the club on the right footing. Despite back to back promotions each year we have had to watch our best strikers leave the club on a free and then just up the road you have a club like Bury taking the p*ss for years.

Anyway their day of reckoning is now here and whilst I genuinely hope that next season a Bury team is playing in the football pyramid I really believe that it should be as low down the pyramid as a new club entering the league should start. It's the only way teams in league 2 & 1 will get the message.

Anyway keep up the good fight of disproving the victim narrative they like to peddle constantly. There seems to be two camps online in regards to "other fans" which strictly speaking is of Wealth/Well Support/Prem teams feeling a bit sorry but not actually caring and then teams like ours Rochdale, Shrews, Carlilse etc who break their necks to be sustainable and are sick of others cheating the system.

Yes the EFL has to have some accountability but the vast majority is at the feet of Bury FC and everyone associated with them.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:17 - Aug 20 with 3610 viewsSandyman

And who approvingly witnessed the signing of THAT debenture to Day's company? Who backed Day all the way with the "Wow Wow Wow" "Revolution" ? Who happily signed on the dotted line for an alleged "crook" ? Can't blame the EFL for that. Wonder if poor old Kenny is aware of this duplicity?

[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 11:24]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:53 - Aug 20 with 3451 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:57 - Aug 20 by D_BFC

I haven't read the article as I don't have a Times sub, but in fairness the Trust does do a lot of good work in the Community and that does leave a gap that probably won't be filled by local services.

The paragraph doesn't fit well when we know the Football Club has a local charity / youth club on it's CVA document but clearly the Community Trust has nothing to do with the running of the club. I think you can sympathise with people who lose this community help whilst still not sympathising with the people involved at the club that have created this mess.

Why can't that community trust transfer to a Bury FC phoenix club? The people are still there so you have the fanbase, you can build that new club and use the community trust to help. It'd just be another chapter of professional association football in the Bury area.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Aug 20 with 3306 viewsAussieDale

I understand that the EFL is withholding around a half a million pound payment due to Bury for this season. Given that all clubs will lose match day income from the cancellation of matches is it possible that this money will be given to these clubs as compensation for lost income.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:35 - Aug 20 with 3246 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Aug 20 by AussieDale

I understand that the EFL is withholding around a half a million pound payment due to Bury for this season. Given that all clubs will lose match day income from the cancellation of matches is it possible that this money will be given to these clubs as compensation for lost income.

That's something i suggested earlier in the thread. Others seemed to think otherwise (citing creditors), but the EFL would be limited in what uses they can put the monies towards - that particular tranche is intended for the support of L1 clubs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:08 - Aug 20 with 2996 viewsSalegraham

News, Two famous old cup winners are to go ahead with a new competition.The Who can P.O. the EFL Cup.
Current score Bwfc 1 v bURY NFC 1
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:14 - Aug 20 with 2963 viewsDaleFan7

It seems they've been allocated a referee for their game on Saturday, is it an EFL cock up or an indication that the game will go ahead.

If so, do they have enough players or will they end up like Bolton and crying off in a couple of weeks because they've been battered?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:17 - Aug 20 with 2951 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:14 - Aug 20 by DaleFan7

It seems they've been allocated a referee for their game on Saturday, is it an EFL cock up or an indication that the game will go ahead.

If so, do they have enough players or will they end up like Bolton and crying off in a couple of weeks because they've been battered?

No, they've been allocated one for every game so far, but as soon as the matches were suspended, those appointments were removed.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:22 - Aug 20 with 2937 viewsDaleFan7

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:17 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

No, they've been allocated one for every game so far, but as soon as the matches were suspended, those appointments were removed.

Fair enough, seemed on Twitter that they hadn't been allocated them before so they're all clinging to the hope that it means they're playing (odd that this is the first time in 5/6 games that they are).

I suppose we should find out soon, knowing the EFL though, probably not.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:23 - Aug 20 with 2926 viewsheywooddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:17 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

I think he missed out on the opportunity for the rhyme "Cheated then Yeeted" (It's a term the youth use, I don't really know)

But Jesus the replies are so of the most deluded things i've read in a while.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 14:24]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:38 - Aug 20 with 2849 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:22 - Aug 20 by DaleFan7

Fair enough, seemed on Twitter that they hadn't been allocated them before so they're all clinging to the hope that it means they're playing (odd that this is the first time in 5/6 games that they are).

I suppose we should find out soon, knowing the EFL though, probably not.

The appointments for a Saturday are made on a Monday afternoon, but they aren't often on the EFL website until Tuesday morning. Bury's games have been suspended in that interim period, hence why the officials haven't shown.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:48 - Aug 20 with 2802 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:38 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

The appointments for a Saturday are made on a Monday afternoon, but they aren't often on the EFL website until Tuesday morning. Bury's games have been suspended in that interim period, hence why the officials haven't shown.

I suppose they'll be clinging to the hope that previous games had been called off already by now - does the fact no decision has been made yet mean that Dale is close to leaving the club?
Or on the other hand they may not feel they need to postpone this game so early with Friday's ultimate deadline. If they called the game off today that would indicate that bury are doomed.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 15:08]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:24 - Aug 20 with 2650 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:48 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

I suppose they'll be clinging to the hope that previous games had been called off already by now - does the fact no decision has been made yet mean that Dale is close to leaving the club?
Or on the other hand they may not feel they need to postpone this game so early with Friday's ultimate deadline. If they called the game off today that would indicate that bury are doomed.

It's only Tuesday. I think other games have been cancelled after a Wednesday announcement, but given that their ultimate deadline day is Friday, it might all be academic. As Bury are the team that would have to travel, I suppose there is less of a logistical problem for the opposition or their supporters.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:28 - Aug 20 with 2632 viewsDaleFan7

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:48 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

The EFL have said that a decision was being made today regarding the Tranmere game but obviously haven't made that decision or made it public yet.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:33 - Aug 20 with 2605 viewsScunnydale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:28 - Aug 20 by DaleFan7

The EFL have said that a decision was being made today regarding the Tranmere game but obviously haven't made that decision or made it public yet.

I'm sure Tranmere would be gutted if their game got cancelled and signified the end for Bury...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:38 - Aug 20 with 2574 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:24 - Aug 20 by SuddenLad

It's only Tuesday. I think other games have been cancelled after a Wednesday announcement, but given that their ultimate deadline day is Friday, it might all be academic. As Bury are the team that would have to travel, I suppose there is less of a logistical problem for the opposition or their supporters.

MK Dons (3rd August) was cancelled on the preceding Monday 29th July.

Accrington (10th August) was cancelled over a week before (Friday 2nd August).

Sheff Wed (13th August) was cancelled on Thursday 8th August.

Gillingham (17th August) was cancelled last Tuesday.

Rotherham (tonight) was cancelled last Thursday.

So tonight's game is just within the timeframe of the others (4 days before), so there should be decision today.

The EFL also have to be fair on Tranmere as they will have to cancel or make plans depending on the outcome.

If I knew Tranmere's programme chap well enough, I'd drop him a line, but someone new has just taken over.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:41 - Aug 20 with 2552 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:33 - Aug 20 by Scunnydale

I'm sure Tranmere would be gutted if their game got cancelled and signified the end for Bury...

Let's say the game is played and Tranmere take on a bunch of kids/no-hopers/trialists/Gareth Seddon, they will arguably have been gifted six points on consecutive Saturdays...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024