Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2021799 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:56 - Aug 20 with 4946 viewssince58

Another Bob Dylan track Lay Lady Lay.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Aug 20 with 4906 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:56 - Aug 20 by since58

Another Bob Dylan track Lay Lady Lay.

Knock, knock, knocking on Jevans door

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:02 - Aug 20 with 4884 viewssince58

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

Knock, knock, knocking on Jevans door

If not for you.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:05 - Aug 20 with 4864 viewselectricblue

SRV....Life Without You.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:06 - Aug 20 with 4848 viewsKenBoon

I'm beginning to think maybe they won't dodge this one. They're long past the old "men in a van with padlocks for the gate are parked up in the car park (for free)" stage they dearly love. That latest efl statement is very strong, which is exactly what is needed because if grizzly does have any intention to sell, it might scare him into doing it rather than assuming the efl will keep pushing the deadline back.

Edit: To save pages of death related songs, this web page has lots to read - https://www.ranker.com/list/pop-songs-about-death/ranker-music
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 19:08]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:33 - Aug 20 with 4746 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:23 - Aug 20 by heywooddale

I think he missed out on the opportunity for the rhyme "Cheated then Yeeted" (It's a term the youth use, I don't really know)

But Jesus the replies are so of the most deluded things i've read in a while.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 14:24]

My favourite line in Frith's letter is "I also understand the Council are liaising with you on interim provisions."

Would bury Council really stump up £4.2m to Steve Dale plus the premium he wants for the club?

The 2019/20 budget is here and £4.2m works out at £50 per household!

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/bury-council/pressreleases/ps16-million-budget-boos

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Aug 20 with 4662 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:06 - Aug 20 by KenBoon

I'm beginning to think maybe they won't dodge this one. They're long past the old "men in a van with padlocks for the gate are parked up in the car park (for free)" stage they dearly love. That latest efl statement is very strong, which is exactly what is needed because if grizzly does have any intention to sell, it might scare him into doing it rather than assuming the efl will keep pushing the deadline back.

Edit: To save pages of death related songs, this web page has lots to read - https://www.ranker.com/list/pop-songs-about-death/ranker-music
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 19:08]

The EFL now have announced their plan.

They have gone as far to say what happens if bury don't make it - effectively 3 down from League 1, 4 up from League 2.

Tomorrow the EFL Disciplinary committee meets to outline the punishment for them failing to fulfil fixtures thus far.

The only comparable cases I can see is a Tranmere penalty in 1988/89 which was 2 points for failing one fixture.

From the site:
https://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Articles/DidYouKnow29.htm

" Hard-up Tranmere objected to the amount of policing they were required to have - and pay for - for their League match at Prenton Park on Tuesday September 24th 1987 against Bolton, the most local of their derbies. An appeal to the police and the courts proved unsuccessful and although the courts gave permission for the match to be played behind closed doors this Tranmere declined to do, postponing the match instead. A Football League disciplinary committee fined Tranmere £2000 and deducted 2 points from their total for the unauthorised postponement "

bury have failed to fulfil five fixtures (4 League and 1 Cup) so that should be -10.

After that Dale has until Friday, but the EFL look to have predicted that he won't give that time - nor are they going to delay further for more due diligence to be done by a possible buyer.

69 hours to save bury fc. £4.2m required. That's going to be the most world record crowd funding campaign.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:23 - Aug 20 with 4586 viewselectricblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:33 - Aug 20 by RAFCBLUE

My favourite line in Frith's letter is "I also understand the Council are liaising with you on interim provisions."

Would bury Council really stump up £4.2m to Steve Dale plus the premium he wants for the club?

The 2019/20 budget is here and £4.2m works out at £50 per household!

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/bury-council/pressreleases/ps16-million-budget-boos

I had a chat with the ex council leader about the rumour going around that BMBC may help Bury FC in some financial capacity this was about late June/early July.

R Shori assured me that BMBC are not in a position to financially help Bury FC in any capacity.

Since then BMBC have a new council leader who knows what he thinks.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:39 - Aug 20 with 4537 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:23 - Aug 20 by electricblue

I had a chat with the ex council leader about the rumour going around that BMBC may help Bury FC in some financial capacity this was about late June/early July.

R Shori assured me that BMBC are not in a position to financially help Bury FC in any capacity.

Since then BMBC have a new council leader who knows what he thinks.....

I can't see it.

Councillors have a fiscal responsibility above everything else. It's not as if they can say they will get anything back for that £4.2m if they invested/loaned it.

If bury council wanted to spend £4.2m on a new idea it needs layers of approval and agreement.

They're clutching at straws.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:39 - Aug 20 with 4405 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago

MASSIVE congratulations to batman and then all of us on here on this thread for warning bury faced financial turmoil long before the experts warned the EFL.

We were ahead of our time!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:00 - Aug 20 with 4318 viewsKenBoon

If Bury council want to help Bury then they'd be best helping a phoenix club find land and such rather than pay into a grizzly bear's bank account and then help fund whatever stupid rent he charges for use of gigg. If I were a bury fan i'd be 100% looking towards a fresh start as a phoenix club (assuming all football debts are settled by bury fc) with absolutely no links to any of their previous owners and forever bury.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:33 - Aug 20 with 4184 viewsrod_leach

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:00 - Aug 20 by KenBoon

If Bury council want to help Bury then they'd be best helping a phoenix club find land and such rather than pay into a grizzly bear's bank account and then help fund whatever stupid rent he charges for use of gigg. If I were a bury fan i'd be 100% looking towards a fresh start as a phoenix club (assuming all football debts are settled by bury fc) with absolutely no links to any of their previous owners and forever bury.

And something in their constitution that forbids reference to any FA Cup wins, ever.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 4062 viewsHopwoodblue

Don’t know if anyone’s seen Danny Cowley’s interview on Sky sports tonight after the game ?
Saying he’s sympathy for the clubs and fans of both Bolton and bUry, but they face Doncaster on Saturday who haven’t played, he’s got a squad of 18 with three long term injuries, should he call the he game off on Friday ? Point well made to the EFL I think.
Thought he spoke very well for the rest of us to be honest.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 23:10]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:06 - Aug 20 with 4041 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:02 - Aug 20 by Hopwoodblue

Don’t know if anyone’s seen Danny Cowley’s interview on Sky sports tonight after the game ?
Saying he’s sympathy for the clubs and fans of both Bolton and bUry, but they face Doncaster on Saturday who haven’t played, he’s got a squad of 18 with three long term injuries, should he call the he game off on Friday ? Point well made to the EFL I think.
Thought he spoke very well for the rest of us to be honest.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 23:10]

Add to that, Rotherham had their game against bury called off tonight and their game at Pompey on Saturday is also off due to 'Victorious' taking place in Portsmouth.

So Rotherham are now two games down on the rest.

bury's next fixture is scheduled to be Doncaster at home, a team who didn't play tonight!

I know that what happens to bury on Friday will probably render anything involving them irrelevant, but Doncaster could also be two games down on the rest.

The whole integrity of the league is being thrown into chaos by this situation, which isn't fair on the other, law-abiding clubs!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:05 - Aug 21 with 3757 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:06 - Aug 20 by TVOS1907

Add to that, Rotherham had their game against bury called off tonight and their game at Pompey on Saturday is also off due to 'Victorious' taking place in Portsmouth.

So Rotherham are now two games down on the rest.

bury's next fixture is scheduled to be Doncaster at home, a team who didn't play tonight!

I know that what happens to bury on Friday will probably render anything involving them irrelevant, but Doncaster could also be two games down on the rest.

The whole integrity of the league is being thrown into chaos by this situation, which isn't fair on the other, law-abiding clubs!

Isn't that the case every year in some way though?

There was a year where we couldn't get our home games on because of the pitch for a long spell which put us behind, not to mention the year of the Tottenham FA Cup run.

Then there is the farce of some of the bigger teams in League One getting to hide behind "international callups" to defer games to a later point in the season when they know what might be needed. Blackburn and Wigan spring to mind here.

When bury go out and there are only 23 teams we will get a week off in the run up to a busy Christmas which might be advantageous.

I do agree with you that law-abiding clubs suffer and this was a topic at that Summer EFL meeting in Portugal so could/should have been dealt with then.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:52 - Aug 21 with 3545 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:05 - Aug 21 by RAFCBLUE

Isn't that the case every year in some way though?

There was a year where we couldn't get our home games on because of the pitch for a long spell which put us behind, not to mention the year of the Tottenham FA Cup run.

Then there is the farce of some of the bigger teams in League One getting to hide behind "international callups" to defer games to a later point in the season when they know what might be needed. Blackburn and Wigan spring to mind here.

When bury go out and there are only 23 teams we will get a week off in the run up to a busy Christmas which might be advantageous.

I do agree with you that law-abiding clubs suffer and this was a topic at that Summer EFL meeting in Portugal so could/should have been dealt with then.

Not really, as my point is that (a) we're still in August (a very early time to be losing so many games to 'postponements') and (b) Doncaster and Rotherham haven't chosen to call off these games.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:05 - Aug 21 with 3507 viewsEllDale

Tongue in cheek, will the club give us a rebate on our season tickets if we play two fewer home games than scheduled....?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:31 - Aug 21 with 3347 viewsDalenet

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:05 - Aug 21 by EllDale

Tongue in cheek, will the club give us a rebate on our season tickets if we play two fewer home games than scheduled....?

If it can be shown that the Football League knew of the financial problems at certain clubs and failed to act then a good lawyer could argue that the FL have some responsibility to compensate the other clubs and their fans. Our CEO called out that a home bury game is worth £75k to Dale. Where do we replace that income this year? And fans have been cheated out of a game - it isn't just season ticket holders that lose out but the fans of other clubs that have had their games cancelled at relatively short notice and can't get refunds on travel or hotel costs.

Will be interesting to see whether anybody has the guts to challenge the FL
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:38 - Aug 21 with 3319 viewsDaleFan7

BBC reporting that Dale turned down an offer that would have saved them, not sure how accurate that is but is Dale just hanging on until the last second to get the best possible deal or is he actually going to let them fold?

Seems like him and the EFL are playing a game of chicken, who will blink first?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:50 - Aug 21 with 3289 viewsAncoats_Blue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:38 - Aug 21 by DaleFan7

BBC reporting that Dale turned down an offer that would have saved them, not sure how accurate that is but is Dale just hanging on until the last second to get the best possible deal or is he actually going to let them fold?

Seems like him and the EFL are playing a game of chicken, who will blink first?

"Dale turned down an offer that would have saved them"
What is their source for that?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:52 - Aug 21 with 3278 viewsAncoats_Blue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:31 - Aug 21 by Dalenet

If it can be shown that the Football League knew of the financial problems at certain clubs and failed to act then a good lawyer could argue that the FL have some responsibility to compensate the other clubs and their fans. Our CEO called out that a home bury game is worth £75k to Dale. Where do we replace that income this year? And fans have been cheated out of a game - it isn't just season ticket holders that lose out but the fans of other clubs that have had their games cancelled at relatively short notice and can't get refunds on travel or hotel costs.

Will be interesting to see whether anybody has the guts to challenge the FL

Losing the gate reciepts is a negative of Bury and maybe Bolton going pop. But bigger picture we have a bloody good chance of staying up with 1 or 2 relegation spots taken away. That's surely worth more than the £75k *2 from those two league fixtures.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:54 - Aug 21 with 3268 viewsParkinsGimp

Dont believe a word the BBC say , they are out and out liars over politics and sport, they have an agenda, that agenda might involve some insane view that cheating football clubs that are not financially viable should be saved.
Who in their right mind would pay £4.6m for that shambles at Giggle.They dont have a team and therefore will be in the same boat as the other mismanaged club further down the road.
I just heard two cretins on Talksport this morning. One called James a bury fan who didnt mention cheating or SD1 once. Then a right balloon of a Blackpool fan ( thought he would have more sense) , saying why doesnt Bassini buy bury instead of being peevish and stopping anyone from buying Bolton. Er may be because Bassini has failed the fit and proper status and has previous ! then again he would be perfect for bury. Tick Tock Tick Tock.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:44 - Aug 21 with 3036 viewsTVOS1907

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/49415368

This hasn't gone down well...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:02 - Aug 21 with 2966 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:44 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Who does he think he is being pissed off about not being paid?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:05 - Aug 21 with 2952 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:44 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

I believe they were irked somewhat a couple of weeks ago when he liked a tweet suggesting they were going out of business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024