Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2027399 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:17 - Aug 21 with 3746 viewsdingdangblue

Oh dear, I've just been BANNED from the bury message board - seems they aren't in the joking mood at the minute.

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/forum/60-beardymans-big-bury-board/
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 23:01]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:19 - Aug 21 with 3733 viewsSuddenLad

Surprised you could even get on it, never mind booted off........well done all the same.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:20 - Aug 21 with 3717 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:19 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

Surprised you could even get on it, never mind booted off........well done all the same.

I was a long time contributor 'kingkeith' 🤣

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Aug 21 with 3692 viewsdingdangblue

I wouldn't mind, all I said was I thought Joy was embarrassing herself a little and wondered if Colin Bell had turned up yet?
Talk about touchy!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:30 - Aug 21 with 3628 viewsDaleFan7

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:05 - Aug 21 by Sandyman

The hypocrisy was beyond belief. That self-centered deluded woman paps on about winning the FA cup 119 years ago and being as big as City and United, but what about all the businesses who kept bury fc going for years, unpaid? They have been turned over for 75% of payments due while you were enjoying the ride YOUR club (as we keep being told) could never afford. Here they are... go and bleat to these businesses, the real losers in all this.

This is why I can't have sympathy with them. They show no humility whatsoever for all of these businesses that have been absolutely shafted, possibly gone bust or laid employees off because of this.

None of those matter as long as they can survive and get back to overspending as they have for the last 30 years.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:36 - Aug 21 with 3588 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:37 - Aug 21 with 3570 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Aug 21 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't mind, all I said was I thought Joy was embarrassing herself a little and wondered if Colin Bell had turned up yet?
Talk about touchy!

Once they finally go pop we can all reveal who has sneaked over to Beardyman and who was who. They can then winge about it whilst not watching football all season!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:50 - Aug 21 with 3459 viewsColDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:05 - Aug 21 by Sandyman

The hypocrisy was beyond belief. That self-centered deluded woman paps on about winning the FA cup 119 years ago and being as big as City and United, but what about all the businesses who kept bury fc going for years, unpaid? They have been turned over for 75% of payments due while you were enjoying the ride YOUR club (as we keep being told) could never afford. Here they are... go and bleat to these businesses, the real losers in all this.

I notice Hotel Football is one of those owed money. And they wonder why Gary Neville doesn't respond to the abuse and bail them out.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:53 - Aug 21 with 3423 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:45 - Aug 21 by Molly

An interesting news item on BBC local news this evening showed one Bury supporter trying to kick in the BFC front door. Classy. They then showed the 30 or so supporters who had gathered following the call for people to go along to Gigg Lane, before finally interviewing Joy who had moved from her drainpipe to some railings. She was comparing Bury to MU and City, spoke about their 2 FA cup wins and spoke about all the small businesses that would die if the club folded.
Seldom have I seen such overt hypocrasy. It was embarassing in the extreme.

What a persuasive negotiating stance ….. booting a door in! Certain to get folk on your side that. To think it had a Banksy on it not a fortnight ago too?!?

As an aside, did anyone see what looked like birdshit on the back of Joy's coat as she sat down in the stadium? Not much point cleaning those seats now I guess.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Aug 21 with 3370 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago

Average wage-to-revenue ratio at 94 per cent for L1. Did someone do a calculation of ours recently? If so, can they remember what it was? Ta.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:05 - Aug 21 with 3324 views1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Aug 21 by DaleiLama

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/20/experts-warned-efl-two-years-ago

Average wage-to-revenue ratio at 94 per cent for L1. Did someone do a calculation of ours recently? If so, can they remember what it was? Ta.

Maybe Hornet could make use of Gigg prior to the bulldozers arriving
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:05 - Aug 21 with 3323 viewsTheFatController

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:23 - Aug 21 by dingdangblue

Talk about touchy!

Hi all

Long time lurker here. (I think) I know who Tupac is and he talks loads of sense.

I was one of those who posted frequently about Day on Beardy's. For my efforts I got variously accused of being "sad", "a Daley", "fan of another club", "negative" etc etc. I once posted something about the accounts of one of Day's companies and told "it was none of my business". Eventually, I gave up because it felt like continually banging my head against a brick wall.

Nowadays, I regard myself as an interested onlooker rather than supporter - various factors led to that but the main ones were that the club under Day was too far removed from the one that I once loved and grew up with and I just didn't feel "at home" with a large section of the support.

Just a few mini rants (if only to get things of my chest!)

First the EFL - yes, there's far from perfect and yes the FPP could be tightened. However, we live in a blame culture where everything seems to be everybody's fault such as the government, neighbours, banks or council. And the EFL provide such a scapegoat. Reading Beardy's you'd be forgiven for thinking they're some remote bureaucracy heading by an autocrat keen "to make her mark". Well, sorry, no - they're a democratic organisation, comprising 72 members, whose purpose is to run a sporting competition with a set of rules ultimately agreed by those members. Is it any wonder some of those clubs might take such a dim view of Bury given that a number of them appear on the CVA as owed money by the club?

Second, there's more blinkers worn by many posters than in countless 3.15's at Catterick. What really irks is that all too often when anybody posts anything "negative" there's a knee-jerk reaction with the poster routinely dismissed as a "troll" or "Daley" etc. A case in point was when somebody posted about players not being paid. Even when Conn backed up the claim, Lord Lowe denied it so it couldn't possibly be right - you couldn't make it up could you?

Third, what's particularly galling is that some of those now putting so much time and effort into petitions, contacting the EFL, writing to the media etc etc were the same ones who were so dismissive over adverse comments about Day. TBH I think any attempt to remove Day or get him to change his ways were very unlikely to succeed - however, the point is that we don't know without trying.

As for Joy, her heart is in the right place and she was one of those who tried to stand up to Day but with little support from senior Forever Bury colleagues as her unfortunate spat with them on Beardy's a few years back demonstrated. Reading some of her posts, though, she comes across as maybe "not quite being all there" and much of what she said in the interview is clearly abject nonsense. As for FB, Giffard is a thoroughly pleasant chap but a visitor from Mars could be forgiven that the whole raison d'etre of the organisation was to run a beer festival and retain the cabin. There was never even a hint of any public criticism of Day during his tenure.

As you've probably gathered the genesis of the current situation lies firmly at Day's door IMO and Dale is now here with the aim of I don't really know TBH.

Actually, it goes far deeper than that because lots could be said about underlying factors such as having two PL giants on the doorstep, changing demographics, too many clubs in the conurbation chasing too few fans and greater inequality following the formation of the PL etc etc.

You're very fortunate having such a well-managed club at Dale. Don't be seduced by unrealistic ambitions - my strong impression is that you won't.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:15 - Aug 21 with 3263 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:36 - Aug 21 by kel

Which Mitchell brother is that, Phil or Grant?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:16 - Aug 21 with 3259 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:36 - Aug 21 by kel

Thought 1 of those in the second video was not allowed on the internet. 😂

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:16 - Aug 21 with 3253 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:53 - Aug 21 by DaleiLama

What a persuasive negotiating stance ….. booting a door in! Certain to get folk on your side that. To think it had a Banksy on it not a fortnight ago too?!?

As an aside, did anyone see what looked like birdshit on the back of Joy's coat as she sat down in the stadium? Not much point cleaning those seats now I guess.

Maybe she's been sat in our away stand?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:23 - Aug 21 with 3207 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:16 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Maybe she's been sat in our away stand?

Could we crowd fund a ST for her in the main stand? We're obviously not as big as Utd, City or Liverpool, but we're doing ok.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:32 - Aug 21 with 3121 viewsrochdale_ranger

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:05 - Aug 21 by TheFatController

Hi all

Long time lurker here. (I think) I know who Tupac is and he talks loads of sense.

I was one of those who posted frequently about Day on Beardy's. For my efforts I got variously accused of being "sad", "a Daley", "fan of another club", "negative" etc etc. I once posted something about the accounts of one of Day's companies and told "it was none of my business". Eventually, I gave up because it felt like continually banging my head against a brick wall.

Nowadays, I regard myself as an interested onlooker rather than supporter - various factors led to that but the main ones were that the club under Day was too far removed from the one that I once loved and grew up with and I just didn't feel "at home" with a large section of the support.

Just a few mini rants (if only to get things of my chest!)

First the EFL - yes, there's far from perfect and yes the FPP could be tightened. However, we live in a blame culture where everything seems to be everybody's fault such as the government, neighbours, banks or council. And the EFL provide such a scapegoat. Reading Beardy's you'd be forgiven for thinking they're some remote bureaucracy heading by an autocrat keen "to make her mark". Well, sorry, no - they're a democratic organisation, comprising 72 members, whose purpose is to run a sporting competition with a set of rules ultimately agreed by those members. Is it any wonder some of those clubs might take such a dim view of Bury given that a number of them appear on the CVA as owed money by the club?

Second, there's more blinkers worn by many posters than in countless 3.15's at Catterick. What really irks is that all too often when anybody posts anything "negative" there's a knee-jerk reaction with the poster routinely dismissed as a "troll" or "Daley" etc. A case in point was when somebody posted about players not being paid. Even when Conn backed up the claim, Lord Lowe denied it so it couldn't possibly be right - you couldn't make it up could you?

Third, what's particularly galling is that some of those now putting so much time and effort into petitions, contacting the EFL, writing to the media etc etc were the same ones who were so dismissive over adverse comments about Day. TBH I think any attempt to remove Day or get him to change his ways were very unlikely to succeed - however, the point is that we don't know without trying.

As for Joy, her heart is in the right place and she was one of those who tried to stand up to Day but with little support from senior Forever Bury colleagues as her unfortunate spat with them on Beardy's a few years back demonstrated. Reading some of her posts, though, she comes across as maybe "not quite being all there" and much of what she said in the interview is clearly abject nonsense. As for FB, Giffard is a thoroughly pleasant chap but a visitor from Mars could be forgiven that the whole raison d'etre of the organisation was to run a beer festival and retain the cabin. There was never even a hint of any public criticism of Day during his tenure.

As you've probably gathered the genesis of the current situation lies firmly at Day's door IMO and Dale is now here with the aim of I don't really know TBH.

Actually, it goes far deeper than that because lots could be said about underlying factors such as having two PL giants on the doorstep, changing demographics, too many clubs in the conurbation chasing too few fans and greater inequality following the formation of the PL etc etc.

You're very fortunate having such a well-managed club at Dale. Don't be seduced by unrealistic ambitions - my strong impression is that you won't.

I’ve referred to our trust as petty over the last few years for various reasons and over various issues. I’ll never do that again after seeing how spineless yours have been. Ours kick off if the pies are crap.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:44 - Aug 21 with 3036 viewsJames1980

If told bow down before me and all this will be yours. A new stadium, music festival, lucrative car park investment scheme, championship football and more. Our Trust would have said firmly. 'Get Thee behind Us Stewart Day'. Bury’s just signed away their soul.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:46 - Aug 21 with 3019 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:32 - Aug 21 by rochdale_ranger

I’ve referred to our trust as petty over the last few years for various reasons and over various issues. I’ll never do that again after seeing how spineless yours have been. Ours kick off if the pies are crap.

Ours will be held to account to ensure kicking off over rubbish pies is followed up, because that’s what they’re there for.

Doing that at football clubs at our level, over any subject that supporters feel matter, helps maintain well run clubs who are fully aware they are accountable to the fans and the organisations that represent them. As an aside, Accrington’s chairman is a brilliant example of this - see his recent tweets about their new tannoy system and the noise levels.

One more time, such a process of accountability and transparency would have avoided what we are seeing elsewhere. They know. Everyone knows. Do not let that be forgotten.

Edit: excellent post by Mr Controller.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 20:49]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:53 - Aug 21 with 2971 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:53 - Aug 21 by DaleiLama

Time to put the old girl to sleep...
bUry that is, call Mr Chinnery...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 20:56]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:01 - Aug 21 with 2895 viewsKenBoon

Happier times. The saviour (turned out to be a very naughty boy) arrives. (skip to 2:30 if it doesn't automatically).
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 21:02]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:08 - Aug 21 with 2830 viewsBigDaveMyCock

The FatController, brilliant post.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:13 - Aug 21 with 2804 viewsFondles

Some brilliant way work there.
Is that fooker still tryna kick the door in?
I have been done for criminal damage for less.

As for E.T. on that fooking drain pipe, she can't still be there?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:14 - Aug 21 with 2789 viewsrochdale_ranger

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:13 - Aug 21 by Fondles

Some brilliant way work there.
Is that fooker still tryna kick the door in?
I have been done for criminal damage for less.

As for E.T. on that fooking drain pipe, she can't still be there?

On the beardy board they are saying He’s a Utd fan but Bury are his “second team”.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:18 - Aug 21 with 2761 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:14 - Aug 21 by rochdale_ranger

On the beardy board they are saying He’s a Utd fan but Bury are his “second team”.

He isn't the hero they need but he's the hero they deserve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024