Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997783 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:12 - Aug 23 with 3558 viewsParkinsGimp

If , by some miracle they got saved...they would have a bunch of kids playing for them.
We therefore would have to put them to the sword say 8 or 9 nil just to rub it in.
Then of course boycott the away fixture since they cannot be trusted with money.
I better go and do some work , this is so much fun though :-)
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:18 - Aug 23 with 3515 viewsSalegraham

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:49 - Aug 23 by dingdangblue

What Dale said to Jim White on Talksport...

"Fans, anyone out there who will pledge money come to us,” he told presenter Jim White.

“If they come to us and say we’ll put £100 in, £1,000 in, if the big players put in £100,000, £500,000, whatever it is, we want it pledged to the company.

“We need a pledge of £2.7m plus to save Bury.

“If the company, Bury Football Club, needs the money and needs to use it, they’ll put up shares and pay 2.5% interest on that money.

“We don’t need it, let me say that, unless the EFL pull another stroke.

“So what we’re looking to do now is go out there and say to local businesses — we’ve got massive firms in our areas, we’ve got the Boohoo boys, Together Finance, the old card guy Ron Wood, we’re got loads of people within Bury who will maybe look at it and think, ‘well it’s short change out of my pocket, I’ll pledge some money’.

“If we take any money off someone we’ll pay interest on it and we will secure it on shares in the club.

“Let me make this clear, we’re not looking for charity here, because we don’t need it. But the EFL want it.

“The EFL have made this ridiculous claim that we need this money, but we’re saying we don’t!”

The EFL issued a statement early on Friday morning making it clear they would strive to find a solution, but once again warned of the possible consequences come midnight.

“The EFL will continue to provide all support available to the current ownership of Bury FC in order to find a resolution to the ongoing issues ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline, which is 11.59 PM on Friday 23 August,” it read.

“The EFL Board recognises the anger and frustration felt by all at the prospect of losing a club with such history and heritage. However, the Board will continue to worktirelessly to achieve a solution, whether by the current ownership providing the required outstanding financial information, or by a change of control being completed with new owners meeting the EFL’s requirements.

“If a solution is not found ahead of the deadline, the club must transfer its share back to the League. If it doesn’t, the EFL Board can authorise the necessary share transfer on behalf of Bury FC which shall be legally binding on all parties

“Ultimately, either course of action will mean the club is no longer a member of the EFL.”

Is this 2.5 per cent anything like the 9 per cent on the car park scam. I don't think so.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:46 - Aug 23 with 3348 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:18 - Aug 23 by Salegraham

Is this 2.5 per cent anything like the 9 per cent on the car park scam. I don't think so.

In terms of return on investment almost identical. A big fat 0 and initial investment disappearing in a puff of smoke
Without prejudice of course

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 3335 viewsScunnydale

Steve Dale:
"We have a buyer that is proceeding. He has made various requests to the EFL, we are helping him all we can to get it over the line,” he told BBC North West.

“I hope [the sale can be completed today].

“Everyone has asked me to go away. If I go, don’t come back and blame me, I’m saying I want to see it through because I know what I’m doing is right.”

It might be me reading too much into his "don't come back and blame me" quote, but I don't get the feeling that this potential buyer will help Bury in the long run.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:57 - Aug 23 with 3275 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:47 - Aug 23 by Scunnydale

Steve Dale:
"We have a buyer that is proceeding. He has made various requests to the EFL, we are helping him all we can to get it over the line,” he told BBC North West.

“I hope [the sale can be completed today].

“Everyone has asked me to go away. If I go, don’t come back and blame me, I’m saying I want to see it through because I know what I’m doing is right.”

It might be me reading too much into his "don't come back and blame me" quote, but I don't get the feeling that this potential buyer will help Bury in the long run.

Sounds like more bullshit.
A buyer is now proceeding?
What happened to the appeal for pledges this morning. The whole episode is a farce.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:57 - Aug 23 with 3268 viewsDaleFan7

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:57 - Aug 23 by dingdangblue

Sounds like more bullshit.
A buyer is now proceeding?
What happened to the appeal for pledges this morning. The whole episode is a farce.

He's still asking for those too on Radio 2.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:04 - Aug 23 with 3210 viewsJames1980

Unless you were on a Brewster's Millions spending challenge or a Billionaire Bury supporter with more money than sense, why on earth would you invest 1p in them.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:11 - Aug 23 with 3172 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:04 - Aug 23 by James1980

Unless you were on a Brewster's Millions spending challenge or a Billionaire Bury supporter with more money than sense, why on earth would you invest 1p in them.

Because they have no debt?

So all those people have received their 25p in the pound now?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Aug 23 with 3091 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:18 - Aug 23 by Salegraham

He's laid down a few "en primeur" vintage casks of snake oil too. Invest in a bottle with a 400% chance of a return (on the empty bottle).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Aug 23 with 3086 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:11 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

Well if that's the case what an excellent opportunity.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:26 - Aug 23 with 3052 viewsScunnydale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:23 - Aug 23 by James1980

Well if that's the case what an excellent opportunity.

He's a clever man, speaking to various media outlets all day while simultaneously trying to secure a deal that appeases the EFL.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:31 - Aug 23 with 3012 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:26 - Aug 23 by Scunnydale

He's a clever man, speaking to various media outlets all day while simultaneously trying to secure a deal that appeases the EFL.

Meanwhile on Beardy 'Its over' 'Dale will get what's coming' 'Karma'

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:35 - Aug 23 with 2989 viewsJumeirahDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:35 - Aug 23 by SuddenLad

I'm guessing that she must have been a signatory to many of the legal documents that passed through the club, as secretary. She would therefore be aware of, and privy to, many aspects of what was going on and the financial state of affairs.

Whatever else, she has been a loyal servant to BFC for many years and this must be a terrible blow on a personal level for hear and the Neville family.

That said, it was the late Neville Neville who introduced the Milky Bar kid to the club and Jill Neville knew/knows far more about the situation than anyone else, except the two latest owners. Bit late in the day to be shouting 'foul'.

Not a complete mitigation by any means, but let's not forget that under SD1, paper "loans" and cash were consistently coming in in the first few years from Mederco to fund the expenditures of Bury. Whilst its appropriate to question Jill Neville's oversight of Bury, she can't be expected to have working knowledge of what was going on in SD1's property business - as someone above alluded to, if Day was spinning yarns that the property business was churning out cash and he was happy for it to be funding BFC, that's not too dissimilar from how a lot of clubs are operating right now. As I said, not a complete excuse, but for a good long while there was cash coming in. Until there wasn't.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - Aug 23 with 2959 views1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:35 - Aug 23 by JumeirahDale

Not a complete mitigation by any means, but let's not forget that under SD1, paper "loans" and cash were consistently coming in in the first few years from Mederco to fund the expenditures of Bury. Whilst its appropriate to question Jill Neville's oversight of Bury, she can't be expected to have working knowledge of what was going on in SD1's property business - as someone above alluded to, if Day was spinning yarns that the property business was churning out cash and he was happy for it to be funding BFC, that's not too dissimilar from how a lot of clubs are operating right now. As I said, not a complete excuse, but for a good long while there was cash coming in. Until there wasn't.

Understand what you're saying but surely CCJ after CCJ would start to ring alarm bells? That, coupled with the obscene wage bill (something she must surely have known would never be sustainable in the long run) should have caused her an element of concern.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:42 - Aug 23 with 2934 viewsheywooddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:11 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

There's a rumour floating around that Dale's son in law may have acquired the Mercedo Debt (Money owed to Day's Property company by Bury Football Club)

If that isn't just internet bullshit and Bury conspiracy theory, It would stand to reason the more money in the club if go bust, the more money would filter to that debt as it is a secured debt and they are second in priority to Footballing cost when any debts get paid.

Might all be rubbish, but seem like the kind of scheming Dale would be capable of.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:45 - Aug 23 with 2899 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:35 - Aug 23 by JumeirahDale

Really?

The loans were coming from companies called Cash4Assets. David Conn wrote an article in a national newspaper questioning how Bury were paying 138% interest on such loans!

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:48 - Aug 23 with 2873 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:54 - Aug 23 by IOMDale

Jeremy Vine to one Bury fan:

'I suppose that tattoo (he had a Bury tattoo) could become a souvenir?'

Perhaps even become a commemorative 'MUG'
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:49 - Aug 23 with 2859 viewsIOMDale

Steve Maloney the butcher ought to be careful, speaking such truths. Expect a turd in the post soon, Steve:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-49448665

UTDNFS

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:52 - Aug 23 with 2813 viewsheywooddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:49 - Aug 23 by IOMDale

Steve Maloney the butcher ought to be careful, speaking such truths. Expect a turd in the post soon, Steve:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-49448665

Wait..........People consider Bury a tourist destination?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:55 - Aug 23 with 2784 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:52 - Aug 23 by heywooddale

Wait..........People consider Bury a tourist destination?

There is the heritage railway.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:00 - Aug 23 with 2748 viewsEllDale

To be fair they run coaches from Yorkshire to Bury Market.
Technically those passengers could be classed as tourists.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:01 - Aug 23 with 2744 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:55 - Aug 23 by James1980

There is the heritage railway.

And the world famous market with it's black puddings....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:03 - Aug 23 with 2727 viewsIOMDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:01 - Aug 23 by MoonyDale

And the world famous market with it's black puddings....

Let's not forget this:

https://www.facebook.com/CurrysPCWorldFeaturingCarphoneWarehouse2270

UTDNFS

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:12 - Aug 23 with 2646 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:03 - Aug 23 by IOMDale

Let's not forget this:

https://www.facebook.com/CurrysPCWorldFeaturingCarphoneWarehouse2270

Three tourist attractions then wow wow wow

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:17 - Aug 23 with 2612 viewsSandyman

"The Saviour". Apparently.