Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998038 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:48 - Aug 24 with 3567 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:13 - Aug 24 by ColDale

My guess from what I've googled is that they are looking at following the moneyball approach. Both Newman and Campbell (despite the gambling background) seem well thouight of. Read an article in the telegraph which spoke of Campbell's history of scouting at West Ham, and Newman's time associated with Barnet comes recommended. Purely speculative, but I reckon they see an opportunity to bring in cheap players (mostly from abroad) and profit from selling them on.

Ive got no issue with the EFL extending the deadline over this. If it takes a few more days, then so be it. What I would have issue is this company suggests they've been looking into this for a ten week period which would suggest they've been lurking in the background since before the start of the CVA process. The admin / cva process still remains too easy a get out for any club to act recklessly for several years in exchange for a few months of hardship.

I reckon there's still a long way to go to get this over the line even if the EFL extend the deadline. I doubt very much that the books are all as they should be and there seems to be such a tangled web of who owes what and to whom. An above board organisation would be put off if they felt there were illegalities that had taken place or the books were in such a mess. Am I right in thinking their accounts for 2018 have still not been published?

Yes, you are right Col - no 2018 accounts and none for the foreseeable future based on these incomplete records.

Re Moneyball - only works if you have money and in which case satisfying the EFL would be a piece of cake.

C&N will be playing on the fringes of acquiring a distressed business. There would be nothing to stop them taking this model into a non-league setting.

Like Day and Dale bury fans should ask "Who are these people?"

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:58 - Aug 24 with 3487 viewsJames1980

Also what about the players, have they been in proper training all this time? Are they able to play bounce games? Match fitness?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:08 - Aug 24 with 3414 viewsdingdangblue

Is there still a loan/mortgage on Gigg Lane or has that disappeared?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:17 - Aug 24 with 3347 viewssmaclad1

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:08 - Aug 24 by dingdangblue

Is there still a loan/mortgage on Gigg Lane or has that disappeared?

The ground and the social club mortgages/loan charges were not included in the CVA so presumably are still there.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:25 - Aug 24 with 3289 viewsCedar_Room

This new company has known about the 23rd August deadline for as long as they’ve been ‘interested’ in buying the club. So if they haven’t been able to sort through the finances by now after 10 weeks of deliberations then tough shit. Enough games have been postponed - this should have been resolved before the season started. EFL show some integrity and end this farce.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:27 - Aug 24 with 3278 viewssmaclad1

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:45 - Aug 24 by 1907

“carrington is critical to us, in the medium term, we can easily cover the £700k/pa rent/costs (inc our staff/utils), just in the winter months, allowing local semi and pro teams to train“

I have nothing to say.

Nothing like a gigglers ignorance is there?

They don't/didn't pay rent - for once in bury's business it was legitimate as the agreement was that they maintained the facility. They didn't maintain the facility, so why should they think that City's notice to end the lease should now be withdrawn. They couldn't meet the costs before - for example, the CVA included business rates owed to Trafford Council - so why should there be any confidence that they can make it work now.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:29 - Aug 24 with 3253 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:36 - Aug 24 with 3192 viewsdale4ever

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:43 - Aug 24 with 3149 viewsjonahwhereru

So potentially (Bolton’s false start on financial commitments is a reminder that this is far from a done deal) the good people of Bury still have a football club. However they have no team. It is a bank holiday this Monday, and no player from anywhere in the world would be likely to contract to them until the change of ownership is completed.
Where does that leave the new Rochdale division as a functioning competition. Can’t see Bury playing for the next two saturday’s at least and who know when Bolton will decide to postpone more games. The EFL’s credibility is at an all time low. This is their last chance to show they are fit for office. Both Bolton any Bury must commit to playing every game laid down in the calendar or they have to go.
Otherwise the clubs should take steps to remove the board members from the EFL and get people in who understand the damage done to the game and have a tough love plan to fix it.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:47 - Aug 24 with 3111 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:43 - Aug 24 by jonahwhereru

So potentially (Bolton’s false start on financial commitments is a reminder that this is far from a done deal) the good people of Bury still have a football club. However they have no team. It is a bank holiday this Monday, and no player from anywhere in the world would be likely to contract to them until the change of ownership is completed.
Where does that leave the new Rochdale division as a functioning competition. Can’t see Bury playing for the next two saturday’s at least and who know when Bolton will decide to postpone more games. The EFL’s credibility is at an all time low. This is their last chance to show they are fit for office. Both Bolton any Bury must commit to playing every game laid down in the calendar or they have to go.
Otherwise the clubs should take steps to remove the board members from the EFL and get people in who understand the damage done to the game and have a tough love plan to fix it.

Saw in the paper this morning that the vacant post ( <-nothing to do with CW1, btw ) that DJ is currently filling in at, is attracting a salary of £418k. Ought to get someone decent for that. Conditional tense used deliberately.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:22 - Aug 24 with 2879 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:58 - Aug 24 by James1980

Also what about the players, have they been in proper training all this time? Are they able to play bounce games? Match fitness?

What players?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:34 - Aug 24 with 2758 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:22 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

What players?

There are a few 5 a side leagues looking for teams to join.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:38 - Aug 24 with 2729 viewskel

I see some of them are already claiming these new guys must have backers.

It must be Peel Holdings.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:39 - Aug 24 with 2722 viewsDalenet

I am still a bit lost. So they applied for a CVA and agreed a 25p in the pound deal. Debts were reported to be £12m. But Dale is waffling on about how it wasn't his fault that the club had £40m of debt? Does that mean there are loans and ground mortgages to the tune of £28m or is he bullshiting it again?

As for the EFL.......no amount of money paid to a CEO or Board matters if they are not focussed and disciplined. Who is policing the 60% salary cap rule. Clearly bury have been spending more than 100% for years. And who thinks its okay that the combined debt for the championship clubs is more than £1bn?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:41 - Aug 24 with 2697 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:38 - Aug 24 by kel

I see some of them are already claiming these new guys must have backers.

It must be Peel Holdings.

But whatever you do. Don’t start digging yet.

They’ve done it, remember.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:43 - Aug 24 with 2673 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:41 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

But whatever you do. Don’t start digging yet.

They’ve done it, remember.

Looks like that bullockbalamos bloke has learnt sweet fook all.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:44 - Aug 24 with 2643 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:43 - Aug 24 by kel

Looks like that bullockbalamos bloke has learnt sweet fook all.

Just him?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:45 - Aug 24 with 2623 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:44 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

Just him?

No

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:45 - Aug 24 with 2621 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:25 - Aug 24 by Cedar_Room

This new company has known about the 23rd August deadline for as long as they’ve been ‘interested’ in buying the club. So if they haven’t been able to sort through the finances by now after 10 weeks of deliberations then tough shit. Enough games have been postponed - this should have been resolved before the season started. EFL show some integrity and end this farce.

So true Cedar.

This whole sage has gone on so long and would probably not outside of football.

The EFL made a stance and gave numerous opportunities and improved deadlines throughout.

They now NEED to stand by their guns and eliminate bury from the League.

Sure, if a takeover is potentially going through - then fair enough; let the buyers proceed BUT without the potential for future EFL funding. That is what they are all hankering over as they are basically getting money for nothing (being a member of the League.

Come on EFL - is there anyone there left with any clout?!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:46 - Aug 24 with 2594 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:44 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

Just him?

I’ve only had a quick glance. I’m sure I’ll have lots to entertain me when I have a proper look.

It’s fairly clear though that most have reverted to type. Just as we knew they would.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:48 - Aug 24 with 2574 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:46 - Aug 24 by kel

I’ve only had a quick glance. I’m sure I’ll have lots to entertain me when I have a proper look.

It’s fairly clear though that most have reverted to type. Just as we knew they would.

I particularly like the "we can easily find £700K to run Carrington" line, which has gone with very little challenge.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:49 - Aug 24 with 2540 viewsScunnydale

As others have mentioned, the fact C&N have been reported to have been sniffing around for 10 weeks and chose to put their bid in 16mins before the deadline sounds dodgy as hell. Where was the news of this potential takeover the other day/week/month?

Couple that with the reported lack of funds in the company account or whatever it was (I'm not into finances, so excuse the vagueness), and alarm bells should be ringing.

But no, let's talk about buying top-class players and pushing for promotion. It's going to happen again, isn't it?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:50 - Aug 24 with 2498 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:48 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

I particularly like the "we can easily find £700K to run Carrington" line, which has gone with very little challenge.

Apparently, some kids got in and left the water pumps on and flooded it - that's why it wasn't looked after?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 9:51]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:53 - Aug 24 with 2436 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:50 - Aug 24 by DaleiLama

Apparently, some kids got in and left the water pumps on and flooded it - that's why it wasn't looked after?

Probably "Failies"

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:53 - Aug 24 with 2430 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:50 - Aug 24 by DaleiLama

Wish also means they’re well within their rights to think twice about paying their water bills.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024