Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2027598 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:56 - Aug 24 with 3572 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:25 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

One of their 'in the know' people is reporting the deadline has been extended to 5pm Tuesday.

Biggest of surprises that's very true,been confirmed as 5pm Tuesday now,that is unless they're struggling then let's move it back a bit again..
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:00 - Aug 24 with 3528 viewsReedy

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:56 - Aug 24 by nordenblue

Biggest of surprises that's very true,been confirmed as 5pm Tuesday now,that is unless they're struggling then let's move it back a bit again..

Pathetic.

Makes a mockery of the entire league. What happened to the words “a deadline is a deadline?”

Blog: The FA Cup

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:02 - Aug 24 with 3504 viewselectricblue

Bury FC Crisis: EFL board statement after long meeting, deadline extended to no later than 5pm Tuesday for sale by Steve Dale to Rory Campbell & Henry Newman to be concluded, or the club will indeed be expelled.

Farce the EFL have no back bone..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:07 - Aug 24 with 3446 viewsJames1980

Farce a complete and utter farce!

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:15 - Aug 24 with 3388 viewsSandyman

Await the extension until Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday.....
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:20 - Aug 24 with 3355 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:15 - Aug 24 by Sandyman

Await the extension until Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday.....

Absolutely this
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:26 - Aug 24 with 3301 viewsJames1980

Delay so buyers can go through the finances apparently. I can hear the blood curdling screams and see the smoke on their heels already.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 3283 viewsDaley_Lama

The sale that isnt a sale will be dependant on EFL ratification, makes sense that it is not completed at this point.

Equally, the EFL are in my opinion right to give them the time to complete by Tue.

If you want Bury gone then you most likely disagree but if you want them to be given all the chances in the world to survive, it is right.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 3268 viewsdiver

"Carry on up the Bury"coming to your screens soon !
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:41 - Aug 24 with 3203 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:29 - Aug 24 by Daley_Lama

The sale that isnt a sale will be dependant on EFL ratification, makes sense that it is not completed at this point.

Equally, the EFL are in my opinion right to give them the time to complete by Tue.

If you want Bury gone then you most likely disagree but if you want them to be given all the chances in the world to survive, it is right.

Steve Dale wins.

The future of bury fc rests on a successful sale on Tuesday.

James Frith's tweet last night outlined all of the steps needed from here, over a Bank Holiday weekend, with banks closed and lawyers away.

If it doesn't go through, bury are dead and Dale gets to say he did what he could, blame the purchaser and or the EFL. Meanwhile the EFL blame Dale and the purchaser.

Dale will walk away with £1m profit and bury have around £5m of debt (£3.6m secured on the ground plus the CVA) plus running costs for 2019/20 to find.

A lot can still go wrong from here and those who have fixtures against them in the next few weeks will rub their hands against a side who have no match fitness, no players and no training ground from October.

The EFL can't be accused of not giving them a chance.

Steve Dale gets two more days of negotiations if he wants.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:44 - Aug 24 with 3180 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:29 - Aug 24 by Daley_Lama

They have already been given all the chances in the world to survive. Their survival is not the question, it’s their league status. The this is just another stay of execution, the buyers and sellers knew this, the EFL should have stuck to their deadline, as they had given lots of time for any potential deals to be sorted. It’s the same with Bolton.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 3139 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:17 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

We got 21 points in 73/74, although it was only two points per win back then.

We'd have to trawl through the league tables to see if there has been a lower total in the third tier and I cba at the moment.

The overall lowest EFL points total is 8, but that was when the league only had two divisions.

The Checkatrade isn't the Checkatrade this season, either. It's now the Leasing.com Trophy!

Thanks TVOS.

I remembered something from the book Life Sentence.

So bury need 33 points plus anything that gets taken off for failing to fulfil fixtures. I can't see that being achieved.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 3055 viewsdingdangblue

James Frith tweeted last night that the offer would be made to buy bury on the proviso that they were given another week. I think the Tuesday deadline puts this takeover now in serious doubt.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:07 - Aug 24 with 3040 viewsAlexF

As i said earlier, EFL didnt have the bottle, they wont on Tuesday either. Bury have succeeded in becoming the Bolton of 3 months ago. Far too many legal and financial issues to bottom by tuesday night. EFL will let them start playing ‘pending sale finalisation’.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 14:32]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:11 - Aug 24 with 3022 viewsjudd

The EFL have clearly stated that there can be no more fixture postponements.

Let’s see

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:11 - Aug 24 with 3022 viewselectricblue

As somebody said Steve Dale as played a blinder.....

The 10wks that SD2 the EFL and this take over company where in talks was not enough!
So why the 10 wks was it not enough time!

If the EFL where part of talks then they knew exactly they knew the exact financial implications and they must be talking them about it all.

The EFL are at fault for not sticking to their deadline to expell Bury from the league.

The EFL should have told this company that you have had 9wks to look things over you have been in talks with SD2 and ourselves so we are giving you from the 17th Aug 2019 until 11:59 23rd August 2019 to put what is required in writing so that makes up the 10wks...

We the EFL sugguest you put everything requested to SD2 and the EFL within several hrs prior to the deadline or it will be our understanding that your interest in Bury FC as ended..
There will be no extention to the deadline date and time.....
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 14:12]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:14 - Aug 24 with 3011 viewsCedar_Room

You have to assume that the issue here is that the new buyers have only recently been given free reign to look over bury’s real finances. What’s the odds they’ll decide over the next few days that this situation is beyond saving??
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:57 - Aug 24 with 2851 viewschalky_ncfc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:32 - Aug 24 by D_Alien

The "keyboard warriors" you refer to and "those who go down every week to support their club" are very often one and the same. The reason we're pissed off with this farce chalky is - as you well know - that those diehard supporters want their team to be able to play on a level playing field, and those who cheat DO NOT DESERVE to either prosper, or continue in the EFL

You know that, and seemed to accept it, but there's no difference between posting about it and being one of those fans who want to see financial fair play. Making out they're two different sets of folk is simply wrong, so no, it's not a fair-minded comment

Keyboard warrior rant over

I don't see your post as a "keyboard warrior rant" but somebody who's giving his valid opinion on the subject,I would class as keyboard warrior as usually somebody that's in their teens,not very bright and has yet to experience life in the adult world
When Notts "cheated" their way out of league two a decade ago there wasn't any club that liked us,I've stated before that it's the worst season that I've experienced hooliganism down at The Lane since watching them play,that was down to the fictional owners bringing in players like Lee Hughes who antagonised the away fans with his witty celebrations in front of the away end,there was lots of fans in the kop that loved him but there was plenty that hated him being there,me amongst them but all of this was out of our control,I feel sorry for the older more sensible Bury fans,they don't want to lose a club that they've supported and trave!ed away to watch at expense for twenty years and I don't want them to either
The last time that I visited Spotland I came out of the ground and was verbally abused by some Dale fans,not much in that you may think but when there's 10-15 far fitter and younger lads heading your way you do tend to get a bit worried but I didn't hold that against the posters on here who are a good set of lads,the yoof outside the ground was probably keyboard warriors and you lot genuine fans so I stick by what I say and I hope that Bury get saved for the sake of them

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:07 - Aug 24 with 2829 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:57 - Aug 24 by chalky_ncfc

I don't see your post as a "keyboard warrior rant" but somebody who's giving his valid opinion on the subject,I would class as keyboard warrior as usually somebody that's in their teens,not very bright and has yet to experience life in the adult world
When Notts "cheated" their way out of league two a decade ago there wasn't any club that liked us,I've stated before that it's the worst season that I've experienced hooliganism down at The Lane since watching them play,that was down to the fictional owners bringing in players like Lee Hughes who antagonised the away fans with his witty celebrations in front of the away end,there was lots of fans in the kop that loved him but there was plenty that hated him being there,me amongst them but all of this was out of our control,I feel sorry for the older more sensible Bury fans,they don't want to lose a club that they've supported and trave!ed away to watch at expense for twenty years and I don't want them to either
The last time that I visited Spotland I came out of the ground and was verbally abused by some Dale fans,not much in that you may think but when there's 10-15 far fitter and younger lads heading your way you do tend to get a bit worried but I didn't hold that against the posters on here who are a good set of lads,the yoof outside the ground was probably keyboard warriors and you lot genuine fans so I stick by what I say and I hope that Bury get saved for the sake of them

Tbh chalky, our yoof are embarrassing and the chances are had they confronted you physically a number of Dale fans with brains would have come to your assistance.

Our yoof tossers can fook off!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:18 - Aug 24 with 2806 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:14 - Aug 24 by Cedar_Room

You have to assume that the issue here is that the new buyers have only recently been given free reign to look over bury’s real finances. What’s the odds they’ll decide over the next few days that this situation is beyond saving??

Given bury's creditor list (both pre and post CVA) has been in the press, there is little undisclosed, save for any money owed to Steve Dale and the details of the mortgage on Gigg Lane.

Worth noting too that C&N Sporting Risk Limited (Company number 10537471) had £192k of overall liabilities at December 2018.

They're not exactly flush.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:21 - Aug 24 with 2794 viewsfinberty

David Conn, speaking to Jibby Wag, (who buttered him up in typical matey style) didn't half puncture the balloon of optimism.

When asked if he was 'confident' that all would be well come Tuesday 5pm, there was a long pause followed by words to the effect that he had already explained the complications that the new bidders will face, and that means that confidence simply cannot be that high.

Straight after that, a spokesman for the bidders expressed disappointment with the tight deadline of Tuesday 5pm - what with it being a bank holiday and all. Their legal advisers are away until Wednesday.

Two points struck me:

1. A case being made for the umpteenth delay or extension.
2. If you're bidding to buy a company, who in their right mind would consider doing so over a weekend without the desired legal representation? So why now, instead of earlier?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 15:59]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:36 - Aug 24 with 2762 viewsflyerdale

Meanwhile over on their forum

"You might want to have a look on your own site at the 200+ page thread you bunch of inbred vvankers are still spunking all over. To come on here and say this thread is childish shows you up to what you actually are.....a complete and utter moronic vvanker"

Classless reply to a Dale fan posting on there by heysidays. Still no decorum even in the worst circumstances. Hope the deal is kyboshed now.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:11 - Aug 24 with 2690 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:21 - Aug 24 by finberty

David Conn, speaking to Jibby Wag, (who buttered him up in typical matey style) didn't half puncture the balloon of optimism.

When asked if he was 'confident' that all would be well come Tuesday 5pm, there was a long pause followed by words to the effect that he had already explained the complications that the new bidders will face, and that means that confidence simply cannot be that high.

Straight after that, a spokesman for the bidders expressed disappointment with the tight deadline of Tuesday 5pm - what with it being a bank holiday and all. Their legal advisers are away until Wednesday.

Two points struck me:

1. A case being made for the umpteenth delay or extension.
2. If you're bidding to buy a company, who in their right mind would consider doing so over a weekend without the desired legal representation? So why now, instead of earlier?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 15:59]

The potential buyers are 31 and 29 years of age respectively.

To think they have the level of funding required - or even close to it - looks patchy.

As a good parallel when Stewart Day was appointed in 2013, he was 31.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 2594 viewsDaleFan7

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:11 - Aug 24 by RAFCBLUE

The potential buyers are 31 and 29 years of age respectively.

To think they have the level of funding required - or even close to it - looks patchy.

As a good parallel when Stewart Day was appointed in 2013, he was 31.....

A quick look at the accounts of the company they are running that is looking to complete the takeover shows that they don’t have the resources needed to keep them going. Let’s see how the books are fiddled if the take over is complete.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:17 - Aug 24 with 2578 views442Dale

There was no reason for the EFL to extend the deadline. They did. Everyone knew the complexity of the situation.

They’d done it remember. They were celebrating. Now we hear tales about legal teams not being available, sorry, you’d done it.

And now some choose to blame the EFL for this deadline.

They know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024