Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997893 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:43 - Aug 28 with 3346 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:17 - Aug 28 by Sandyman

Crazy handcuffs woman says they are as big as Man City, Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool.
What a ludicrous perception they have of themselves.
They don't even have a league to play in!

Or a football ground,or any players
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:46 - Aug 28 with 3322 viewsCedar_Room

As far as I’m concerned there’s no difference between this situation and bury being in L2. Either way we don’t play each other and develop rivalries with other teams. Yes the derbies were amongst the most interesting games of the season but does that mean I was sad to see bury relegated as it meant no derby game?? Absolutely not. We had barely played bury for decades until the 90s when things started to pick up again. I am not sad in the slightest that they have gone under. If anything it means less local competition for signatures and the chances increase of us signing players we want (altho admittedly not by loads).

Their fans have been almost completely useless in all this and have shown themselves up to be desperately deluded. This was typified by the idiot woman chaining herself to the drainpipe saying she considers bury to be another big club - just without the fans or money of a big club. I mean where do you even start with such nonsense. Even at the death just zero appreciation of where the club actually was in the pyramid - their most recent 50 year history virtually entirely in the bottom two divisions with a meagre few thousand fans. Instead we hear about FA Cup wins from before their great grandfathers were even born.

There is one thing you can never aim at Rochdale and that is having ideas above our station. If anything you can point to a complete dearth of ambition amongst our fans, even being scared of the dangers success may bring. It is almost inconceivable that a Stewart Day could come along to this club and do what he did to bury. And that’s because we have seen far too many of our fellow travellers in the lower leagues (Darlo, Chester, Halifax) disappear out of existence to buy into outrageous claims over funding and spending. We have a healthy dose of scepticism and realism about who this club is and where it sits. Something the bucket shakers have consistently failed to comprehend. So when they had Day promise them riches and successes they thought only that it was what they DESERVED. What a club of their stature and history was ENTITLED to.

So let this be a lesson to all football fans, and yes even us, that you do have a voice as a fan and you can use it to pressure your owner to spend big and attract players and gamble on success. Or you can use it to temper moderation and focus on the basics which is SURVIVAL. Having a club there to support next year, and the year after that. A club for your children to go along to in the decades to come. If you hadn’t got that message having recently been in administration then you certainly won’t be getting much sympathy from me. We as fans are custodians of our clubs to pass on to the next generation and the first thing we have to accept is living within our means. Pausing to think before ranting about selling our best player to pay off a bill. We all can play a part but we fundamentally must never ever take our clubs for granted.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:58 - Aug 28 with 3252 views49thseason

Well said, I agree with every word. The best way of stopping a similar situation developing at Spotland is to add another 1500 or so to the attendance figures. We have been averaging 3,500 or so for the last 3 seasons irrespective of who we play against. Last seasons average attendance was 3574, the last time we played in the same division as bury it was 3556. We need to concentrate on Home supporters and stop worrying about how many X, Y and Z will bring. Another 1500 season tickets at £200 each is £300k lets focus on that.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:03 - Aug 28 with 3215 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:40 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

Johnny Dankworth - Cleo Laine's husband?

Maybe not!

Danke schoen, German politesse

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:04 - Aug 28 with 3216 viewsmacro

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:08 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

And I quote:

"The issue is that we can be in the ninth tier of English Football and we will still be a bigger club than them. They are so insignificant that literally no one cares about them. "

It’d rub it in nicely if we got a big draw in the league cup tonight...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:05 - Aug 28 with 3208 viewsfinberty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:17 - Aug 28 by Sandyman

Crazy handcuffs woman says they are as big as Man City, Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool.
What a ludicrous perception they have of themselves.
They don't even have a league to play in!

It has to be said. None of this is Rochdale's fault.

This thread may annoy some of them, but with all that has sadly gone wrong, which part of the thread was/is inaccurate?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:09 - Aug 28 with 3182 viewsDorkingDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:05 - Aug 28 by scarrow

Day on paper was a good owner ambitious etc. Dale was obvious. How could the efl know Day was someone who would bankrupt the club

I don't suppose anybody could, unless they knew of his unscrupulous business methods. What I do find strange is that the majority of Bury fans seem to have been unaware of the financial mess he was creating at Gigg Lane for a period of over 5 years. The man sucked them dry whilst putting on the act of a financial Messiah. Having read some of the stuff it's unbelievable.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:11 - Aug 28 with 3154 viewsjoecooke

Might not be a done deal yet,consortium is trying to take over still.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:14 - Aug 28 with 3139 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:52 - Aug 28 by TVOS1907

And some of them are now starting to turn on us and this thread.

As a wise man once told me, when you point a finger, you have three fingers pointing back at you!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:19 - Aug 28 with 3099 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:09 - Aug 28 by DorkingDale

I don't suppose anybody could, unless they knew of his unscrupulous business methods. What I do find strange is that the majority of Bury fans seem to have been unaware of the financial mess he was creating at Gigg Lane for a period of over 5 years. The man sucked them dry whilst putting on the act of a financial Messiah. Having read some of the stuff it's unbelievable.

It was the loan with a 138% interest rate that really signalled the beginning of the end. That sort of desperate borrowing was in the public domain and the EFL should have investigated then.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:21 - Aug 28 with 3088 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:11 - Aug 28 by joecooke

Might not be a done deal yet,consortium is trying to take over still.

Have the consortium seen the full financial situation.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:23 - Aug 28 with 3072 viewsfinberty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:09 - Aug 28 by DorkingDale

Even this morning, the penetrating journalism elicited the view that they found out things were going wrong 'in April' or 'about five months ago.' I still find that barely credible.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 2999 viewsfermin

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:05 - Aug 28 by finberty

It has to be said. None of this is Rochdale's fault.

This thread may annoy some of them, but with all that has sadly gone wrong, which part of the thread was/is inaccurate?

They are pushing the narrative (successfully so far) that it is all the fault of Steve Dale and the EFL and that they had no idea what was going on. On the radio late last night I caught someone (not necessarily a Bury fan) saying it was terrible how the EFL had let such a long-standing club go out of business because of what of happened in the last 12 months ie not the last 5 or 6 years. Even David Conn in his article

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/27/bury-historic-club-football-lea

says 'The alarm should have been rung in 2014, when Day took out a loan with 138% annual interest secured on Gigg Lane, but it never was and he was able to continue.'

I am going to take a punt that they do not like that this thread proves their narrative wrong.

There have been some excellent posts on here today (Krafty and CedarRoom for example) and from what I understand nothing similar on the Bury board. Maybe they will have some honest self-reflection later.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 2881 viewsDevonDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:38 - Aug 28 by fermin

They are pushing the narrative (successfully so far) that it is all the fault of Steve Dale and the EFL and that they had no idea what was going on. On the radio late last night I caught someone (not necessarily a Bury fan) saying it was terrible how the EFL had let such a long-standing club go out of business because of what of happened in the last 12 months ie not the last 5 or 6 years. Even David Conn in his article

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/27/bury-historic-club-football-lea

says 'The alarm should have been rung in 2014, when Day took out a loan with 138% annual interest secured on Gigg Lane, but it never was and he was able to continue.'

I am going to take a punt that they do not like that this thread proves their narrative wrong.

There have been some excellent posts on here today (Krafty and CedarRoom for example) and from what I understand nothing similar on the Bury board. Maybe they will have some honest self-reflection later.

Absolutely agree - in fact you only have to look at the reason this (now very long) thread started in the first place back in 2015 for the reason Bury are in the state they are now - it was there for everyone (and that includes deluded Bury fans) to see, if they bothered to open their eyes...
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:04 - Aug 28 with 2847 viewsDaleFan7

Do we think that is that or will the EFL backpedal if this new buyer is 'legit'.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:13 - Aug 28 with 2803 viewsSuddenLad

Debbie Jevans was on the 5.00pm news saying that the decision has been made and it's time to move on. They were given several deadlines, failed to meet any of them and the time came to say 'It's over'.

No going back.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:19 - Aug 28 with 2772 viewsFondles

First round on tonight's pointless is on FA Cup Football.
That'll be another conspiracy theory from the buckets about the world taking the piss out of them.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 2737 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:04 - Aug 28 by DaleFan7

Do we think that is that or will the EFL backpedal if this new buyer is 'legit'.

Why didn't they show this proof of funds yesterday?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:33 - Aug 28 with 2690 viewsFondles

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:19 - Aug 28 by Fondles

First round on tonight's pointless is on FA Cup Football.
That'll be another conspiracy theory from the buckets about the world taking the piss out of them.

Yay we were a pointless answer.
Reason for that though, keep our books in order and don't go crying victim when things go the way of the 🍐
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:37 - Aug 28 with 2670 viewselectricblue

'Consortium 'has £7m to save Bury''

http://www.skysports.com/share/11796315

Now according to accies chairman who said buy debts are at the far end of £10m+...

So basically a £7m offer is not enough...

Also surely the EFL must stand their ground now on their decission to remove Burys league status if they do change their minds then the EFL is really not fit for purpose....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:53 - Aug 28 with 2597 viewsdingdangblue

That's wonderful news! That £7 million could build them a nice little stadium like FC United's and go a long way to starting the club back up further down the football pyramid.
UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE NO LONGER A FOOTBALL LEAGUE TEAM.

http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/eng/broadhurst_park
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 17:59]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:57 - Aug 28 with 2570 viewsJames1980

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/35969-jon-askey%E2%80%99s-view/

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:57 - Aug 28 with 2570 viewsfermin

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:13 - Aug 28 by SuddenLad

Debbie Jevans was on the 5.00pm news saying that the decision has been made and it's time to move on. They were given several deadlines, failed to meet any of them and the time came to say 'It's over'.

No going back.

More from Debbie Jevans: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49493210
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:04 - Aug 28 with 2510 viewsflyerdale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:58 - Aug 28 by 49thseason

Well said, I agree with every word. The best way of stopping a similar situation developing at Spotland is to add another 1500 or so to the attendance figures. We have been averaging 3,500 or so for the last 3 seasons irrespective of who we play against. Last seasons average attendance was 3574, the last time we played in the same division as bury it was 3556. We need to concentrate on Home supporters and stop worrying about how many X, Y and Z will bring. Another 1500 season tickets at £200 each is £300k lets focus on that.

Then they need to stop upsetting long standing supporters pushing them away. I know many who have stopped attending due to shoddy customer service. I myself haven't renewed two season tickets because of the Sunderland farce last season. Time to buck their ideas up im afraid.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - Aug 28 with 2494 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:37 - Aug 28 by electricblue

'Consortium 'has £7m to save Bury''

http://www.skysports.com/share/11796315

Now according to accies chairman who said buy debts are at the far end of £10m+...

So basically a £7m offer is not enough...

Also surely the EFL must stand their ground now on their decission to remove Burys league status if they do change their minds then the EFL is really not fit for purpose....

This thread has been made up of everything, factual information, warnings, bURY fans gloating, us asking where the money is coming from, piss taking from both sides, more warnings, bURY saying we are irrelevant and gloating on that famous old ride, the odd one coming in to agree with us, more factual information and more warnings!!!!

The majority over there consider this a thread taking the piss and hoping they go bust. I don’t think it does, it’s not an obsession as they think, it averages 5 posts a day, and concentrated on a football club we have played in recent seasons, overspending ridiculously on players and crazy schemes to attempt to hit the big time. Very little day ever said came true, other than huge overspending when he had nothing to back it up.

Batman recognition that the emperor had fook all on should have woken them up, but no it was just bitter faileys who have never won anything and they are jealous . The fact it’s bury has influenced the enjoyment of some and the golf balls/batteries/huge club/game cup winners/entitlement to be great, certainly add to this, but any other club doing the same as them would have got 80% of the same comments and attention. Chalky still gets grief to this day, albeit in a friendly manner as he recognises his clubs own wrong doings, something not common the other side of heywood.

I would probably have preferred to see them relegated, points deducted and a strict transfer embargo and wage cap put in place, but every visit to Beardyman makes me care less and less!!

Dance with 2 devils and they decide when the music stops, and now the jukebox is well and truly fooked!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024