Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998045 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:21 - Sep 3 with 3444 viewsMoonyDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:17 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

They’re going ro get back. The EFL will cave under the pressure they’re being placed under from every direction.

Sets a dangerous precedent if it happens.

The EFL are to put it to the clubs, passing the buck it seems...I sincerely hope that ours tell them to fook off...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:22 - Sep 3 with 3436 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:17 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

They’re going ro get back. The EFL will cave under the pressure they’re being placed under from every direction.

Sets a dangerous precedent if it happens.

Yes. It tells everyone you can build up debts you can never repay, start again from scratch but retain your Football League place. They don't even have a football club that is in any shape or form operable.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:22 - Sep 3 with 3435 viewssince58

Eflhas agreed to discuss matter of bury fc re entry into fl. ffs.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:24 - Sep 3 with 3411 viewsKenBoon

Whoever finishes 23rd and 24th in League Two this season should immediately start legal proceedings to remain in the Football League. Why should any club accept relegation?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:25 - Sep 3 with 3409 viewsheywooddale

Discussing it with member clubs apparently. I hope it is a resounding no. Anything else makes the EFL look spinless as authority to try to curtail this kind of behaviour, but I worry that concerns over what could happen to their clubs may sway alot of chairman in a similar circumstance. Self interest and self preservation are a strong thing, plus from a PR point of view this moves the responsibilty off the EFL a bit and put some of the focus on the league managers for potentially putting down one of their own.........Killing all that history and such bollocks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49569697
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 15:33]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:30 - Sep 3 with 3381 viewsSandyDrum

To be fair, the EFL have said they will only consider it if Bury FC can prove they are financially sound.

They are currently insolvent with a crook of an owner.
They have no income for the next 9 months at least - nobody is going to buy them.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:32 - Sep 3 with 3372 viewssince58

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:22 - Sep 3 by KenBoon

Yes. It tells everyone you can build up debts you can never repay, start again from scratch but retain your Football League place. They don't even have a football club that is in any shape or form operable.

If it happens{hopefully not} its time to pack in paying to watch football to fund these
cheats.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:32 - Sep 3 with 3372 viewsDevonDale

The EFL statement is here...

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/september/efl-statement-bury-fc/
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:57 - Sep 3 with 3226 viewsCleedale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:32 - Sep 3 by DevonDale

Thanks Devon.

So basically that sounds like a very resounding NO CHANCE and rightly so.

Go apply to the FA, get your league and work yourself up by legitimate 'means'.

And that's NOT 'mean'. It's about being fair and equal. Any about-turn by member clubs could collapse the whole damned pack of cards!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:03 - Sep 3 with 3191 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:32 - Sep 3 by DevonDale

Worrying thing to me is if SD1 and SD2 get found guilty of fraud or serious financial misconduct, all assets and proven asset connections to them relating to the cheating pricks at Gigg could be seized, with creditors then ending up getting the standard 10p in the pound off a new bURY owner, who could potentially come in and end up with a club that suddenly has more assets than the new owners cost of purchasing the dirty old lady.

It could drag all sorts into the investigation regarding the legality of the loans and how these were arranged and who got what, and could get very messy. It’s bury through and through.

Luckily they have no chance of playing a game this season, and if this investigation is as complex as it appears to be, it could take a couple of years, leaving them not only tarnished but financially even more broken, and that’s assuming the efl bottle it and allow them into league 2.

Your then going to have none league clubs throughout the pyramid complaining when promotions are amended, it’s just a mess and I hope they tell them to fook off and take your medicine.

I think the discussions with other efl clubs is just a way of the efl passing the buck, and saying we did ask them but they did not really want you back either.

The circus ride is currently broken and unlikely to be seen anytime soon, but please feel free to visit the hall of mirrors which bURY fc fans love!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:06 - Sep 3 with 3172 viewsAlexF

Sounds like they are getting ready to cave to me. The very worst thing about that is it gives bury a value which Dale potentially benefits from. What a joke if they do this.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:08 - Sep 3 with 3166 views1907

It would be good if the trust could get in front of this and contact the board of directors so they are aware of the majority of our fan bases feelings towards this mess.

I will be mightly pissed off if we vote to allow them back into the league set up, given the sheer number of sacrifices we have made (and continue to do so) to survive sustainably.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:12 - Sep 3 with 3143 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:08 - Sep 3 by 1907

It would be good if the trust could get in front of this and contact the board of directors so they are aware of the majority of our fan bases feelings towards this mess.

I will be mightly pissed off if we vote to allow them back into the league set up, given the sheer number of sacrifices we have made (and continue to do so) to survive sustainably.

Recently we had the CE bemoaning the £70k or £80k revenue we would lose out on with bury going out of the league.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:41 - Sep 3 with 2997 viewsD_Alien

I think that's a great idea

There's been plenty of people, both bury fans & Dale fans, who've said "what can we do to stop financial mismanagement from happening". Well, here's something we CAN do

Via the Trust, we need to make it perfectly clear that in any vote to allow bury back into the football league at L2 level, it MUST be opposed by RAFC. If the matter of £70k being lost this season over-rides our views* on this, that's a pretty insignificant sum compared to the disgust and ill-will that would follow

*obviously, not everyone would hold that view, but it wouldn't be difficult to establish what the vast majority view was. For instance, leaflets could be distributed at games to direct people to this website to take part in... yes, a POLL. Or if that might lead to bury fans registering to vote for their club being re-admitted to L2, some other valid means

Would the club take it into account? They'd be very unwise not to do so. It wouldn't be forgotten if they tried to over-ride the view of the fanbase on this issue

[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 16:44]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:48 - Sep 3 with 2943 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:12 - Sep 3 by judd

Recently we had the CE bemoaning the £70k or £80k revenue we would lose out on with bury going out of the league.

RAFC won't get that this season. bury's fault, no-one else's. Assuming we stay up, we won't get anything off their non-visit next season even if buckets get the most bewildering reprieve to start cheating again in League 2.

That particular loss is now gone. We are one home game's income short because bury chose financial recklessness, yet again. Better to have a team in the EFL structure that pays its way and is able to play games rather than one that doesn't. A club managed "The Rochdale Way" rather than the financial $h!tstorm up the road. Something our CEO and fellow directors will surely be aware of.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:49 - Sep 3 with 2935 viewssweetcorn

You’re mistaking your feelings with “majority” of our fans there i’m afraid. And before you say just read the forum, this forum isn’t even representative of our fan base, considering how few of our fanbase actually use this messageboard. Nothing showcased that more than the Keith Hill sacking, if you read this forum, i’d say 3/4’s of this board wanted him gone, however if you read twitter, facebook and spoke to other fans the fanbase seemed divided on it.

As i’ve stated previously. I’ve no wish to see bury go out of existence, i enjoy the bury games and i go to watch football for enjoyment, so seems a no brainer to me. I’d hazard im not the only one who has the same thoughts.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 16:55]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:50 - Sep 3 with 2930 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:41 - Sep 3 by D_Alien

I think that's a great idea

There's been plenty of people, both bury fans & Dale fans, who've said "what can we do to stop financial mismanagement from happening". Well, here's something we CAN do

Via the Trust, we need to make it perfectly clear that in any vote to allow bury back into the football league at L2 level, it MUST be opposed by RAFC. If the matter of £70k being lost this season over-rides our views* on this, that's a pretty insignificant sum compared to the disgust and ill-will that would follow

*obviously, not everyone would hold that view, but it wouldn't be difficult to establish what the vast majority view was. For instance, leaflets could be distributed at games to direct people to this website to take part in... yes, a POLL. Or if that might lead to bury fans registering to vote for their club being re-admitted to L2, some other valid means

Would the club take it into account? They'd be very unwise not to do so. It wouldn't be forgotten if they tried to over-ride the view of the fanbase on this issue

[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 16:44]

Not sure where the revenue figure comes from - possibly pie sales x 25 or summat, but the Manu money will hopefully dilute the salivation over what bury fixtures x 10 or more could ever generate.

Last 5 bury attendances at Spotland:

2011/12 - 2,095
2013/14 - 2,161
2015/16 - 1,595
2016/17 - 1,780
2017/18 - 1,290

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:53 - Sep 3 with 2914 viewsfitzochris

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:50 - Sep 3 by judd

Not sure where the revenue figure comes from - possibly pie sales x 25 or summat, but the Manu money will hopefully dilute the salivation over what bury fixtures x 10 or more could ever generate.

Last 5 bury attendances at Spotland:

2011/12 - 2,095
2013/14 - 2,161
2015/16 - 1,595
2016/17 - 1,780
2017/18 - 1,290

And that’s before you look at police costs and other associated deductions. Some folk on Twitter were also counting the away fixture as lost revenue...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:04 - Sep 3 with 2842 viewselectricblue

The EFL are becoming unfit for purpose by not standing firm on the decision to remove Bury FC league status..
Now they are passing the buck onto the member clubs and the FA....

They should stand firm and continue with their decision until it finally hits home.
For the likes of Frith and Burnham to get involved is taking sport into politics..

The FA should make an announcement stating that they fully back the decision by the EFL and the only way forward is for a new club to be formed and to apply in 2020/21 for a league status the befits the newly formed club.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:15 - Sep 3 with 2790 viewsYorkshire_Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:30 - Sep 3 by SandyDrum

To be fair, the EFL have said they will only consider it if Bury FC can prove they are financially sound.

They are currently insolvent with a crook of an owner.
They have no income for the next 9 months at least - nobody is going to buy them.

Yes but the EFL have been duped by bury before.....they'll borrow again sent the loot to EFL HQ in a Securicor van show it to them and fook right off again.

Jelly fish EFL
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:19 - Sep 3 with 2768 viewssince58

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:49 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

You’re mistaking your feelings with “majority” of our fans there i’m afraid. And before you say just read the forum, this forum isn’t even representative of our fan base, considering how few of our fanbase actually use this messageboard. Nothing showcased that more than the Keith Hill sacking, if you read this forum, i’d say 3/4’s of this board wanted him gone, however if you read twitter, facebook and spoke to other fans the fanbase seemed divided on it.

As i’ve stated previously. I’ve no wish to see bury go out of existence, i enjoy the bury games and i go to watch football for enjoyment, so seems a no brainer to me. I’d hazard im not the only one who has the same thoughts.

Yep your right your a no brainer.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 2703 viewsmacro

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:49 - Sep 3 by sweetcorn

Minority report
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:54 - Sep 3 with 2602 views442Dale

The bloke is amazing. So he said that yet had no issues continuing to sign players throughout his time at the club?

Very little respect for someone who can’t at least hold their hands up to their own role in it all.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:04 - Sep 3 with 2535 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:54 - Sep 3 by 442Dale

The bloke is amazing. So he said that yet had no issues continuing to sign players throughout his time at the club?

Very little respect for someone who can’t at least hold their hands up to their own role in it all.

"My budget is in the bottom four of this league and that is a fact," Flitcroft told BBC Radio Manchester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34699925

Short memory Flicker.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - Sep 3 with 2515 viewssweetcorn

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:19 - Sep 3 by since58

Yep your right your a no brainer.

I respect YOU’RE opinion. YOUR right

I bow down to YOU’RE wisdom. Mong

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024