Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2020622 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:41 - Sep 6 with 5126 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:35 - Sep 6 by rod_leach

Just had a look over there and one of them has emailed the EFL again The email contains this nugget.

'I understand there will be a vote by the other 71 clubs to see if they would like to retain Bury in the league, subject to other conditions of course, and a majority of 36 is required. Given there are now 71, not 72 clubs, could consideration please be given to reduce the majority to 35! '

FFS

71/2 = 35.5

35.5 rounded to the nearest integer is 36.

So, to whoever wrote that cracker, the answer is No!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:56 - Sep 6 with 5074 viewsrod_leach

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:41 - Sep 6 by TVOS1907

71/2 = 35.5

And, of course, the missing one is Bury, who wouldn't have got a vote anyway!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:41 - Sep 6 with 4888 viewsfinberty

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:56 - Sep 6 by rod_leach

And, of course, the missing one is Bury, who wouldn't have got a vote anyway!

Arithmetic and bury have always been uneasy bedfellows.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:00 - Sep 6 with 4769 viewspioneer

71/2 = 35.5

not to someone doing the calculation on his or her 12 fingerss and toes
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:15 - Sep 6 with 4677 viewsAlexF

the EFL are really allowing themselves to be pushed into the king of invidious positions right now with the current buried/political maeouvering. If they become responsible for who becomes a new club owner (think if C&N hadnt been allowed to take over if they'd wanted, then buried went pop); if they become responsible for investment decisions/clubs going bust then:
1. they are going to need more staff than the civil service
2. any club going pop is not responsible, most of us know potentially how many of them are heading that way right now.
3. the first time a club (private company owner) challenges EFL's authority to stop him making 'business decisions', its all going to get swept away on the 'free enterprise' principle that courts will always back. In any other industry, if a private company owner goes on a suicidal spending spree, his company is going bust, why would footie be different??
Good luck EFL, grow some now or reap the rewards.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 20:24]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:38 - Sep 6 with 4527 viewskiwidale

71/2 = 35.5

Honda integer?

This is not the time for bickering.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:45 - Sep 6 with 4504 viewsMolly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:38 - Sep 6 by kiwidale

Honda integer?

You've lost me (not difficult I Know), but what an earth are you going on about?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:46 - Sep 6 with 4497 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:45 - Sep 6 by Molly

You've lost me (not difficult I Know), but what an earth are you going on about?

It's a scooter called a Honda Integra.

Google is your friend!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:55 - Sep 6 with 4462 viewsMolly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:46 - Sep 6 by TVOS1907

Google is your friend!

Thank you for that. What a clever, witty and side splitting joke from our Antipodean friend.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:41 - Sep 6 with 4340 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:55 - Sep 6 by Molly

Thank you for that. What a clever, witty and side splitting joke from our Antipodean friend.

It wasnt that funny Molly but thanks anyway.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:44 - Sep 6 with 4334 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:46 - Sep 6 by TVOS1907

Google is your friend!

To be honest I had to google what Integer meant they didn't have em when I was at school.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 23:45]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 02:09 - Sep 7 with 4215 viewsdalefertcup2

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:44 - Sep 6 by kiwidale

To be honest I had to google what Integer meant they didn't have em when I was at school.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 23:45]

They did pal, you probably weren’t paying attention 😉
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Sep 7 with 3893 viewskiwidale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 02:09 - Sep 7 by dalefertcup2

They did pal, you probably weren’t paying attention 😉

You kids don't know you're born today... Pay attention? I had to do 14 hours in'tmill before school and walk home 15 miles barefoot in't snow... for all up voters and down voters chill out its just a bit of bollox
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 11:57]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:52 - Sep 7 with 3748 viewsYorkshire_Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Sep 7 by kiwidale

You kids don't know you're born today... Pay attention? I had to do 14 hours in'tmill before school and walk home 15 miles barefoot in't snow... for all up voters and down voters chill out its just a bit of bollox

Well said!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:33 - Sep 7 with 3682 viewsCleedale

Slightly back on subject...

Sure it'll have been mentioned before in all the legalities of debts and ownership of this and that.

If Steve Dale refuses to sell - I believe he owns 91% of the shares in The Bury Football Club (which owns the ground - right?)...

...so, reading between the lines (of the car park spaces; leased for approx 24 years to multiple other owners)!!!, when this ultimate-ultimate offer being supposedly procured through MP Frith is tabled I guess Dale could refuse 'unless' there's such an incredibly outrageous bid that basically covers just about everything and tempts him to go?

If that's 'sort of' about right, surely hanging onto the club just accrues more and more interest on the loans/mortgages which don't look like they're going away? Is he expecting to sell the land 'eventually' for building/housing as obviously, unless bury somehow reacquire their League status there's no EFL/TV etc money, much smaller gate revenue and advertising will all but disappear. (obv. that last part's surely dependent on the EFL who personally I can't see backing down).

Realise there's others on this board who might know or think they might know. Or, is it just so complex and intertwined that whoever gets near the truth (a potential buyer) just does a runner?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:46 - Sep 7 with 3654 viewsDaleiLama

Just came on to check the match thread. Is this how it feels to be a bury fan?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:49 - Sep 7 with 3643 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:33 - Sep 7 by Cleedale

Sure it'll have been mentioned before in all the legalities of debts and ownership of this and that.

If Steve Dale refuses to sell - I believe he owns 91% of the shares in The Bury Football Club (which owns the ground - right?)...

...so, reading between the lines (of the car park spaces; leased for approx 24 years to multiple other owners)!!!, when this ultimate-ultimate offer being supposedly procured through MP Frith is tabled I guess Dale could refuse 'unless' there's such an incredibly outrageous bid that basically covers just about everything and tempts him to go?

If that's 'sort of' about right, surely hanging onto the club just accrues more and more interest on the loans/mortgages which don't look like they're going away? Is he expecting to sell the land 'eventually' for building/housing as obviously, unless bury somehow reacquire their League status there's no EFL/TV etc money, much smaller gate revenue and advertising will all but disappear. (obv. that last part's surely dependent on the EFL who personally I can't see backing down).

Realise there's others on this board who might know or think they might know. Or, is it just so complex and intertwined that whoever gets near the truth (a potential buyer) just does a runner?

Thanks for getting back to the subject.
I am afraid though, I have no answer to your very good questions.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:52 - Sep 7 with 3635 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:46 - Sep 7 by DaleiLama

Yes it’s crap without a match to watch, or follow , on a Saturday.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough (n/t) on 16:04 - Sep 7 with 3612 viewsMolly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:52 - Sep 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

Well said!

[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 16:04]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:06 - Sep 7 with 3603 viewsMolly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:42 - Sep 7 by kiwidale

It's not . It's a LOT of bollox
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:25 - Sep 7 with 3551 viewsSalegraham

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:46 - Sep 7 by DaleiLama

But at least we know we've got a match next week and the week after
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:40 - Sep 7 with 3468 viewselectricblue

Well the land cannot be used for building new properties as there is a feeling that a covenant dictates that...

I dont think anybody knows the % SD2 owes not even SD2 will know and i would wager a 10er on that.

As for throwing money at the club to pay off the debts a paltry £7m would not scratch the surface...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:56 - Sep 7 with 3248 viewsThacks_Rabbits

My view on it cleedale, not as a lawyer but as someone who has worked in financial services for years is this, will keep it brief as my Mrs is getting fed up of me spending more time on here than on her!!!

Dale basically bought bURY via a limited company for a quid, and also set up a couple of subsidies for various parts of bURY fc, and assets were transferred, all of that is legal, but the key thing is Dale is not personally liable for any debt, the company is, so in essence he has paid a quid on a punt, knowing the worst that can happen, as long as he does everything legally is he loses a quid!

The assets in bURY, assuming merdeco debt is real (I think it is) are way below the net value of the borrowing on the club and property, even if the merdeco debt is not real borrowing probably is above asset value, hence the club is worthless and uninvestable, so they then go for cva to reduce debt overall.

That goes through fine, as somehow the 7.1 million merdeco debt was sold to SD2’s daughters boyfriend, and that’s the bit where it will get messy. That would normally mean the merdeco insolvency guy approved the sale of above debt for a penny in the pound, meaning the debt was so toxic nobody would touch it, but it gave the new owner of the debt the right to vote on accepting the cva, the majority vote, which means they receive 25p in the pound after all secured and football creditors are paid off. So if Gigg is worth 5 million, secured creditors owed 2 million and even if unsecured amounts to 12 million, 7/12ths of what remain go to days daughters boyfriend, add in SD2 debts owed, he won’t do bad for his quid.

I don’t know any of this is fact but I can’t see anything illegal SD2 has done, he is too smart. I would question why someone would buy a debt at 1p in the pound, unless they knew it would come good, that’s where the real question lays, with the purchaser and the person that signed off the sale of the debt!

Either way bURY are fooked, can’t make Dale sell and he does not want to, as his son laughed ages ago, why would we want to sell!!!!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 21:17]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:42 - Sep 7 with 3043 views442Dale

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/17882596.david-flitcroft-warned-stewart-day-bu

The man has no shame. A quite pathetic attempt to deflect any blame.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:18 - Sep 8 with 3001 viewsdownunder

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:42 - Sep 7 by 442Dale

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/17882596.david-flitcroft-warned-stewart-day-bu

The man has no shame. A quite pathetic attempt to deflect any blame.

Be careful, you might blow agent Flicker's cover.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024