Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997064 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:48 - Oct 1 with 6837 viewsShun

I wonder what kind of support our trust gave them to warrant them mentioning us for thanks.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:55 - Oct 2 with 6432 viewsScunnydale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:49 - Oct 1 by finberty

Martin Samuel in today's Mail:

Here's why Bury are not a special case

Quite rightly, 70 of 71 Football League clubs voted not to treat Bury differently by readmitting them to the competition next season.

Previously, clubs that have gone into liquidation and reformed have returned further down football's pyramid, as seems fair.

Many have rebuilt on a sounder financial footing and are again close to where they started. There is, however, an unhealthy sense of entitlement around Bury.

It is argued they have history – as if those who folded before them did not – and should resume in League Two next season, preferred to a better-run club, denied promotion from the National League.

Local politicians are on their side with one, Ivan Lewis, MP for Bury South, threatening to take the EFL to court.

Yet, where was Lewis, or Andy Burnham, mayor of Manchester, when Hereford United went under?

If anything, Hereford's FA Cup exploits as a Southern League club defeating Newcastle in 1972 are more readily recalled than Bury winning it in 1900 and 1903.

And Chester City – founded in 1885, incidentally, the same year as Bury – produced one of British football's greatest goalscorers, Ian Rush.

The fact is, none of this mattered when these clubs could not afford to exist. To treat Bury as a special case in effect endorses the methods that brought them here.

It says that poor ownership does not matter, reckless over-spending does not matter, that as long as you have been in the club long enough, we'll see you right. 'Bury deserved more respect from the football family,' bemoaned Burnham.

No, the football family deserved more respect from Bury. They are not special, everybody is. That's why everybody gets treated the same.

Good article, apart from this line:

"Yet, where was Lewis, or Andy Burnham, mayor of Manchester, when Hereford United went under?" Yeah, Burnham, pull your finger out.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:00 - Oct 2 with 6334 viewsParkinsGimp

Its right Andy Burnham is a C""T . Always has been a two faced weasle. Why isnt he looking out for the coach company or the childrens charity that have been done over by this "special" club.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:28 - Oct 2 with 6287 viewskel

Rather predictably there has been no mention of this article on the beardy board. Doesn’t quite fit the woe is me narrative does it?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:01 - Oct 2 with 6204 viewsmacro

I wonder who the 1 was - Bolton? As they’ve been right in it recently.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:15 - Oct 3 with 5759 viewsMolly

Off topic, but how many more days 'till this megathread has 1 million hits? I'll go for 6.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:36 - Oct 3 with 5642 viewsJames1980

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/36454-is-there-a-possibility-that-ther

Just saw this thread on Beardy, this tune came to mind

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:49 - Oct 3 with 5606 views1907

“Hope to see you all there Shakers! After the good start on Saturday at The Stanley (50-60 fans) we head to The Staff Of Life this weekend from 2pm onwards. Part 2 of the 1989/90 season will be shown (DVDs provided by James Bentley) It was great to speak to other fellow Shakers, and in a way was a bit more like therapy for the mind. 🔵⚪🔵⚪ UTS“

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/36456-calling-all-shakers/

It’s not like Bury fans to live in the past.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:32 - Oct 3 with 5525 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:49 - Oct 3 by 1907

“Hope to see you all there Shakers! After the good start on Saturday at The Stanley (50-60 fans) we head to The Staff Of Life this weekend from 2pm onwards. Part 2 of the 1989/90 season will be shown (DVDs provided by James Bentley) It was great to speak to other fellow Shakers, and in a way was a bit more like therapy for the mind. 🔵⚪🔵⚪ UTS“

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/36456-calling-all-shakers/

It’s not like Bury fans to live in the past.

Seems to be a date missing from that schedule. Wonder who they were due to play that weekend.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:35 - Oct 3 with 5366 views442Dale

The reaction of some Bury fans to the issues at Macclesfield sums them up. Again.

See some of the replies to that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:08 - Oct 3 with 5249 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:35 - Oct 3 by 442Dale

The reaction of some Bury fans to the issues at Macclesfield sums them up. Again.

See some of the replies to that.

Fooking Mardy bastards cant get it through their thick skulls that it’s over 20 years of financial mismanagement chasing unsustainable higher level football, paying for players they couldn’t afford on low incomes, that led to their situation.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:02 - Oct 4 with 4906 viewsParkinsGimp

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:08 - Oct 3 by foreverhopefulDale

Fooking Mardy bastards cant get it through their thick skulls that it’s over 20 years of financial mismanagement chasing unsustainable higher level football, paying for players they couldn’t afford on low incomes, that led to their situation.

Fooking unreal these bucket shakers .
Macc just dont have the finances to run a football club unfortunately, bURY didnt either but they kept enjoying the ride for 20 years.
Their lack of understanding deserves a "wow wow wow " reply LOL
Now the longer they p"ss about the less chance they will have of a phoenix club , because they are not getting any preferential treatment, Martin Samuels in the Mail has got it right at last, lets hope the local media and the stupid MPs catch on as well.
Goodbye bURY you are no more, suck it sugar lumps.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:10 - Oct 4 with 4892 viewskel

Why are bury fans still concerning themselves with football league matters?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 11:10]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:24 - Oct 4 with 4731 viewsKenBoon

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:10 - Oct 4 by kel

Because they're going to appeal. Win that appeal. Get lots of money in damages. Use that money to invest in the squad. Championship dream is back on.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:46 - Oct 4 with 4688 viewsMolly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:24 - Oct 4 by KenBoon

Because they're going to appeal. Win that appeal. Get lots of money in damages. Use that money to invest in the squad. Championship dream is back on.

Of course, and the flyng pig goes over at about 3 o'clock.
tomorrow can't come quick enough (n/t) on 13:57 - Oct 4 with 4664 viewsfirgrovedale51

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:46 - Oct 4 by Molly

Of course, and the flyng pig goes over at about 3 o'clock.

There is nothing in Giggle Lane for it to fly over now
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 14:00]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:42 - Oct 4 with 4594 viewsrickyprickles

It’s like Austin powers. Hello can anyone hear me? I’m still alive but I’m very badly burnt.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 14:43]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:24 - Oct 4 with 4394 viewsJames1980

10:00
"I don't really like the word budget"

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:04 - Oct 4 with 4276 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:24 - Oct 4 by James1980

10:00
"I don't really like the word budget"

Stewie was ace. I miss him.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:38 - Oct 4 with 4230 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:10 - Oct 4 by kel

Despite protestations on that thread, this special case is then stating he is "pleased" bury are out of the League for "the time being"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stef1885/status/1179445931999150080

Bless him I think he's torn.

Not that it matters; bury won't be bothering the EFL anytime soon.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:52 - Oct 4 with 4201 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:38 - Oct 4 by RAFCBLUE

Despite protestations on that thread, this special case is then stating he is "pleased" bury are out of the League for "the time being"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stef1885/status/1179445931999150080

Bless him I think he's torn.

Not that it matters; bury won't be bothering the EFL anytime soon.

And in any case, he won't be watching them for a while whenever and wherever they play.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Oct 4 with 4193 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:52 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

And in any case, he won't be watching them for a while whenever and wherever they play.

Is that the chimp who got banned, recognise the silly name
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:15 - Oct 4 with 4164 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Oct 4 by nordenblue

Yep

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:47 - Oct 7 with 3496 viewsheywooddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:04 - Oct 4 by nordenblue

Yep, Told Nicky Adam's on twitter, that people knew where he lived.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:43 - Oct 8 with 3098 viewsheywooddale

Does anyone think it's too soon for me to tweet the following? Feel like some people need to hear it.

"Fun Fact: The EFL have no power to stop the sale of a football club, they can only discourage a sale with the advised consequences (when consulted). They only have the power to punish clubs with unsuitable owners using fines, points deductions, embargoes and expulsion."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024