Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1997244 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:20 - Oct 14 with 4652 viewsSuddenLad

So they hoped to show that BFC do not legally owe the alleged £130,000 debt to HMRC.

Good luck with that one.

THE END
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 18:23]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:37 - Oct 14 with 4583 viewsfermin

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:43 - Oct 14 by foreverhopefulDale

I disagree. I don’t think it’s fair for them to be admitted to level 6. They should no matter whether the 1885 club or a Phoenix club be admitted to the bottom tier, otherwise it’s unfair on other clubs in those leagues. Whatever their alleged support, police , clubs and other authorities will be able to cope with their followings, and none of these factors should be a factor which level they end up.

I believe a demotion of two levels is now accepted practice with non-league if a club falls foul of financial or other league regulations, so if the current club were placed in non-League then Conference North would be reasonable. I am not sure of the exact circumstances when this would apply and there did used to be a bit of debate about it. A recent example would be Nuneaton Town/Borough.

However, similarly it is also accepted practice that new clubs such as a completely legally separate new Bury phoenix club should, like FCUM, Hereford, AFC Wimbledon etc, apply to join the lowest league where there are possible vacancies and where 'promotion' is done by application subject to meeting certain criteria. For Bury this would be the North West Counties League - this is not the bottom tier as such but below that it would accepted that clubs with potentially large crowds might be difficult to accommodate.

When Chester reformed they were not put in the NWC league but after an appeal in the level above. If I remember correctly this was not particularly welcomed and this case was one of the factors that led to the general policy outline above.

There is a thread about Bury on this non-league site (link should be to the last page as of now):

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=94423
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:42 - Oct 14 with 4573 viewsDaleFan7

They really are deluded over there. Now it's the council's fault for 'ride the back' when they were in Division One but not helping them when they needed it.

The irony.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:41 - Oct 14 with 4405 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:37 - Oct 14 by fermin

I believe a demotion of two levels is now accepted practice with non-league if a club falls foul of financial or other league regulations, so if the current club were placed in non-League then Conference North would be reasonable. I am not sure of the exact circumstances when this would apply and there did used to be a bit of debate about it. A recent example would be Nuneaton Town/Borough.

However, similarly it is also accepted practice that new clubs such as a completely legally separate new Bury phoenix club should, like FCUM, Hereford, AFC Wimbledon etc, apply to join the lowest league where there are possible vacancies and where 'promotion' is done by application subject to meeting certain criteria. For Bury this would be the North West Counties League - this is not the bottom tier as such but below that it would accepted that clubs with potentially large crowds might be difficult to accommodate.

When Chester reformed they were not put in the NWC league but after an appeal in the level above. If I remember correctly this was not particularly welcomed and this case was one of the factors that led to the general policy outline above.

There is a thread about Bury on this non-league site (link should be to the last page as of now):

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=94423

When was the last time a Club was expelled from the league, and what Tier where they allowed back in? It may we’ll be the rule or accepted practice, though not sure if that’s the real case here, but that doesn’t make it fair, and as far as potentially large crowds, I don’t see it happening, they will lose most of their already relatively small crowds , but we will see , that’s if Bury 1885 survive.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:29 - Oct 14 with 4319 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:41 - Oct 14 by foreverhopefulDale

When was the last time a Club was expelled from the league, and what Tier where they allowed back in? It may we’ll be the rule or accepted practice, though not sure if that’s the real case here, but that doesn’t make it fair, and as far as potentially large crowds, I don’t see it happening, they will lose most of their already relatively small crowds , but we will see , that’s if Bury 1885 survive.

I think they will get decent crowds at whatever level they fall, however it is all comparative and also depends where they play. If they somehow keep Gigg (I can’t see it) they will probably have crowds in excess of 1000 every game, purely out of loyalty and habit. The problem for them will be getting the ground, somehow agreeing on how to start the Phoenix club and funding it!

Raising the funds should be relatively easy initially, to buy Gigg, and run for a season, via a share issue where fans own part of the club as a form of co-operative, but they will want promotion after promotion, and that’s if Dale plays ball at all, which he won’t.

Dale will come out smiling I am sure, Gigg valuation at 6 million or so, “we secured lending based on valuation so clearly value is in excess of agreed borrowing” he is not daft. He could set up a public bowling green complex or driving range to get round the covenant, interesting times come Wednesday when they are wound up!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:53 - Oct 14 with 4274 viewsJames1980

Would a sports and leisure facility with 3G pitches get a decent amount of business?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:01 - Oct 14 with 4253 viewsforeverhopefulDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:29 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

I think they will get decent crowds at whatever level they fall, however it is all comparative and also depends where they play. If they somehow keep Gigg (I can’t see it) they will probably have crowds in excess of 1000 every game, purely out of loyalty and habit. The problem for them will be getting the ground, somehow agreeing on how to start the Phoenix club and funding it!

Raising the funds should be relatively easy initially, to buy Gigg, and run for a season, via a share issue where fans own part of the club as a form of co-operative, but they will want promotion after promotion, and that’s if Dale plays ball at all, which he won’t.

Dale will come out smiling I am sure, Gigg valuation at 6 million or so, “we secured lending based on valuation so clearly value is in excess of agreed borrowing” he is not daft. He could set up a public bowling green complex or driving range to get round the covenant, interesting times come Wednesday when they are wound up!

Whatever league they are in, they will just have to handle only having a set amount of tickets for away fixtures. The league they go in cannot be determined by crowds they MIGHT get, at the expense of other clubs that might miss out on promotion etc.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:45 - Oct 14 with 4129 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:29 - Oct 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

They could always pay to use a stadium just up the road whilst having no ground, I'm sure we could sort out a "decent" pay as you play rate..
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:17 - Oct 14 with 4031 viewsD_Alien

When Glasgow Rangers were demoted to the bottom tier of the Scottish League system, they were playing at stadia quite possibly on a par with what bury would find themselves playing in in the 6th or 7th tier

Fitz might have more knowledge of this, but i don't recall there being any problems with Rangers fans travelling to away games?

imo, the "accommodating away fans" argument just doesn't wash - probably like the away fans in question

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:14 - Oct 14 with 3934 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:17 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

When Glasgow Rangers were demoted to the bottom tier of the Scottish League system, they were playing at stadia quite possibly on a par with what bury would find themselves playing in in the 6th or 7th tier

Fitz might have more knowledge of this, but i don't recall there being any problems with Rangers fans travelling to away games?

imo, the "accommodating away fans" argument just doesn't wash - probably like the away fans in question

And bury will take more than Rangers ever did.

Or not.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:20 - Oct 14 with 3925 viewsToffeemanc

All the talk of where Bury will end up for me is irrelevant.
The current club will be liquidated on Wednesday and I don't believe there is any chance of a Phoenix club being formed as their fans and forever Bury simply don't have the organisation, funds or abilities required to ever make it happen.
The town of Bury will simply cease to have a football team period on Wednesday.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 23:25]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Oct 15 with 3511 viewsRAFCBLUE

😂😂😂

https://mobile.twitter.com/shakerite66/status/1184081898982776832

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:09 - Oct 15 with 3481 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:01 - Oct 15 by RAFCBLUE

😂😂😂

Imagine if he had a Dale shirt on. He'd have a price on his head.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:17 - Oct 15 with 3445 views442Dale

There are some really good posts over on the ‘Forever Bury Statement’ thread over there. The acknowledgment from some that they as individual fans and as a collective should have done more down the years is admirable.

Total credit for that. This thread proves them right too. Tomorrow could and should have been avoided.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:23 - Oct 15 with 3420 viewsforeverhopefulDale

😂😂😂

Ha,ha, brilliant. Great to read the vvankers getting so het up.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:02 - Oct 15 with 3340 viewschalky_ncfc

😂😂😂

How could he have changed his loyalty so quickly is what I don't understand,I don't blame him going to watch a local game especially if there is some local rivalry as well but to kit yourself.out in the gear just doesn't seem right to me,some young kid then yeah but not a man in his 40's,if Notts ceased to exist I doubt that I would regularly follow a league club but maybe go non league (Yes I know ) going to Forest or Mansfield would make me feel sick handing my money over

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:41 - Oct 15 with 3266 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:02 - Oct 15 by chalky_ncfc

How could he have changed his loyalty so quickly is what I don't understand,I don't blame him going to watch a local game especially if there is some local rivalry as well but to kit yourself.out in the gear just doesn't seem right to me,some young kid then yeah but not a man in his 40's,if Notts ceased to exist I doubt that I would regularly follow a league club but maybe go non league (Yes I know ) going to Forest or Mansfield would make me feel sick handing my money over

Tbf Chalky the new Phoenix Club Bury Leopards are not off the ground yet, so who is he supposed to support?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:59 - Oct 15 with 3229 viewschalky_ncfc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:41 - Oct 15 by DaleiLama

Tbf Chalky the new Phoenix Club Bury Leopards are not off the ground yet, so who is he supposed to support?

Like I said there's nothing wrong to going to see a local team to get his football fix on a Saturday but it's the buying of the all gear that I don't understand especially as he's only supported them for a month or so,you would never,ever get me in a Forest or Stag shirt,Notts is buried deep in my heart and would probably go to watch Arnold or Carlton but you lot are obviously made of sterner stuff around your way

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:23 - Oct 15 with 3180 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:59 - Oct 15 by chalky_ncfc

Like I said there's nothing wrong to going to see a local team to get his football fix on a Saturday but it's the buying of the all gear that I don't understand especially as he's only supported them for a month or so,you would never,ever get me in a Forest or Stag shirt,Notts is buried deep in my heart and would probably go to watch Arnold or Carlton but you lot are obviously made of sterner stuff around your way

The clue in my facetious post was the leopards, which never change their spots, unlike Lickle Mr. Fickle. I was agreeing with you. But facetious has Latin roots so ……….
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 22:31]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:46 - Oct 15 with 3140 viewschalky_ncfc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:23 - Oct 15 by DaleiLama

The clue in my facetious post was the leopards, which never change their spots, unlike Lickle Mr. Fickle. I was agreeing with you. But facetious has Latin roots so ……….
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 22:31]

It went straight over my head tbf as we didn't do Latin at Redhill Comp

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:53 - Oct 15 with 3123 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:46 - Oct 15 by chalky_ncfc

Redhill in Surrey?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:50 - Oct 15 with 3065 viewschalky_ncfc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:53 - Oct 15 by James1980

Redhill in Surrey?

Redhill in Nottingham

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:21 - Oct 16 with 3024 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:46 - Oct 15 by chalky_ncfc

Being able to keep a head in the right place whilst dealing with Latin roots takes the skill of a hairdresser, no doubt a popular career option for those at Redhill Comp

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:54 - Oct 16 with 2795 viewsParkinsGimp

Tick Tock tick tock , come on finish the old girl off once and for all.
There will never be a phoenix club they are all hopeless over the hill .
DL has it right though love the bURY Leopards . That would suit them .
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:29 - Oct 16 with 2748 viewsJames1980

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024