Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2028862 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:41 - Oct 31 with 5152 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:11 - Oct 31 by robshaker

what your talking about

... Willis.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:57 - Oct 31 with 5108 viewsrobshaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:41 - Oct 31 by TVOS1907

... Willis.

funny
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:00 - Nov 1 with 4885 viewsjudd

Hi Rob, really appreciate your thoughts on the attempted takeover.
Best of luck restarting Bury and us getting the old rivalry back.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 4753 viewsrobshaker

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:00 - Nov 1 by judd

Hi Rob, really appreciate your thoughts on the attempted takeover.
Best of luck restarting Bury and us getting the old rivalry back.

cheers Judd all the best
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:48 - Dec 23 with 3879 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59767736

Let the arguments begin about who plays there.

Should they actually get it completed of course.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:11 - Dec 23 with 3799 viewsSuddenLad

No chance of a united front with those supporters, who are now different factions, with different objectives.

This will run and run. The accompanying report says it has to be sorted before Christmas, and despite the £1 million funding by the Government, they still have to equal that amount through fundraising by themselves. We know how well that went when the club was seeking funds previously.

I'd say there's virtually no chance of them raising that, unless a genuine benefactor comes along.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:21 - Dec 23 with 3761 viewsceme_ender

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:11 - Dec 23 by SuddenLad

No chance of a united front with those supporters, who are now different factions, with different objectives.

This will run and run. The accompanying report says it has to be sorted before Christmas, and despite the £1 million funding by the Government, they still have to equal that amount through fundraising by themselves. We know how well that went when the club was seeking funds previously.

I'd say there's virtually no chance of them raising that, unless a genuine benefactor comes along.

The other £1m is already in place. £500k from an American chap called Peter Alexander who has some family ties to bury with other £500k put up by a couple of local business men with the council also contributing.

I have no idea how it will now pan out with the name of the team that will play there further down the line.
There is no way of resurrecting Bury f.c with all the debt still there, some people won't accept Bury a.f.c, I'm not sure why, was always going to be needed. Also no point of starting a new club to start in same league as a.f.c who already exist.
Can only be a good thing though, looks more promising that the ground may be saved.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:26 - Dec 23 with 3742 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:21 - Dec 23 by ceme_ender

The other £1m is already in place. £500k from an American chap called Peter Alexander who has some family ties to bury with other £500k put up by a couple of local business men with the council also contributing.

I have no idea how it will now pan out with the name of the team that will play there further down the line.
There is no way of resurrecting Bury f.c with all the debt still there, some people won't accept Bury a.f.c, I'm not sure why, was always going to be needed. Also no point of starting a new club to start in same league as a.f.c who already exist.
Can only be a good thing though, looks more promising that the ground may be saved.

The infrastructure of a football club is there with AFC and it does look like they must be the best option going forward - see the tweet below for mention of that.
It would be amusing to see the usual suspects who seem to think that the original Bury are the only way forward should AFC be the ones to step out at Gigg Lane and become the town’s football club. Which, to their credit, they already are.

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:38 - Dec 23 with 3695 viewsceme_ender

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:26 - Dec 23 by 442Dale

The infrastructure of a football club is there with AFC and it does look like they must be the best option going forward - see the tweet below for mention of that.
It would be amusing to see the usual suspects who seem to think that the original Bury are the only way forward should AFC be the ones to step out at Gigg Lane and become the town’s football club. Which, to their credit, they already are.

I agree completely. The volunteers at a.f.c have done a fantastic job, this needs to be allowed to continue, either at gigg lane or at radcliffe. They have shown how to run a football club, the cost of repairing and running gigg would be gigantic compared to the 40k a year rent at radcliffe though. That could be a problem going forward
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:42 - Dec 23 with 3675 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:21 - Dec 23 by ceme_ender

Is PDIDDY putting his hand in his pocket or is he too busy going on those holidays he used to think we all cared about him telling us about?
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 14:46]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:48 - Dec 23 with 3662 viewskel

Heh, just read the article.

“The collapse of Bury FC is a stain on English football”

No, Michael. Cheating by spending money you don’t have is a stain on English football.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:25 - Dec 23 with 3462 views442Dale

This thread gets a mention on their forum, saying how it’s from 2019 etc. Except it’s from years before then and if they read through it and listened at the time, they wouldn’t have been where they are now. Yes, that applies to you there reading.

Also can we have the phrase “living rent free in their head” consigned to the same skip as those who use “we’ve just got to crack on” when talking about pandemic responses?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:24 - Dec 23 with 3326 viewsjonahwhereru

Gove and co will be desperate for this to happen. Creating goodwill in Bury / Haywood will go down a treat for the levelling up gurus. Of course using a million of government funds to enhance favour In said constituency would be great value for money. However who knows if it would be enough to sway any voters by the time of the next election.
What is interesting to me is that if we were talking about a club in the Tory heartlands I presume no money would be available from the levelling up fund, so would the government have got involved at all?
In any event it is potentially good news for Bury folk, and I like the idea of NHS facilities being sighted there.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:52 - Dec 23 with 3273 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:25 - Dec 23 by 442Dale

This thread gets a mention on their forum, saying how it’s from 2019 etc. Except it’s from years before then and if they read through it and listened at the time, they wouldn’t have been where they are now. Yes, that applies to you there reading.

Also can we have the phrase “living rent free in their head” consigned to the same skip as those who use “we’ve just got to crack on” when talking about pandemic responses?

They should be thanking us for the slight distraction of them trying to create a rivalry with Prestwich Heys.

That is better than this whole thread by a million miles.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:12 - Dec 23 with 3206 views442Dale

Haven’t they made clear the process has yet to be fully completed and is simply about Gigg Lane at present?

With further developments and no doubt meetings required, it’s a bit early to be throwing any parties.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:15 - Dec 23 with 3195 viewsdeeplishblue

So after all the bragging, SD1, SD2 etc. it's actually our money as tax payers that's going to get them their home back?...your welcome bury.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:16 - Dec 23 with 3188 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:15 - Dec 23 by deeplishblue

So after all the bragging, SD1, SD2 etc. it's actually our money as tax payers that's going to get them their home back?...your welcome bury.

Yep, we’ll all be able to claim a little part of Gigg forever more.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:48 - Dec 23 with 3036 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:15 - Dec 23 by deeplishblue

Can’t speak for anyone else but that sticks in my throat massively, the freeloading w@nkers… Fook em, I hope they hang around the NW counties league like a bad smell for decades…
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:50 - Dec 23 with 3032 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:48 - Dec 23 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Can’t speak for anyone else but that sticks in my throat massively, the freeloading w@nkers… Fook em, I hope they hang around the NW counties league like a bad smell for decades…

… Before going bust again, (naturally).
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:27 - Dec 23 with 2955 viewsD_Alien

Agree

bury already has community sports facilities - the nearby athletics track - which is superior to anything we've got in Rochdale. That's partly down to the council of course

If i were Tony Lloyd i'd be putting in a bid right now for a similar facility, perhaps somewhere like Kingsway

Edit: or Redbrook...
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 20:28]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:33 - Dec 23 with 2925 viewskel

They won’t last decades. It’ll be the same old story in a few years and then we can tell them (again) that we saw it coming. They can then blame everybody but themselves without taking any responsibility whatsoever (again).

They’ll never learn.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:59 - Dec 23 with 2867 viewsfinberty

So if I've got this right, we the taxpayers are contributing to a fund to help buy an asset from a businessman of dubious repute, whose entire investment amounted to £1?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:03 - Dec 23 with 2684 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:59 - Dec 23 by finberty

So if I've got this right, we the taxpayers are contributing to a fund to help buy an asset from a businessman of dubious repute, whose entire investment amounted to £1?

... and taxpayers money is going towards saving an asset of a club that still hasn't paid its debts owed under a CVA ? Sounds very dodgy. As ever.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:40 - Dec 24 with 2280 viewsSalegraham

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:59 - Dec 23 by finberty

Do have I got it right that Sd2 gets the 1 million, show's if you play the long game you might win !!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:45 - Dec 24 with 2263 viewskel

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:40 - Dec 24 by Salegraham

Do have I got it right that Sd2 gets the 1 million, show's if you play the long game you might win !!

Think it’s just the stadium they’re after getting which has a mortgage on it (even though shakerbhoy hilariously said it was back under bury control), so I’d guess that will go to the company they’ve ripped off (along with many others).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024