Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998496 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:12 - Oct 28 with 6277 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:07 - Oct 28 by ColDale

Just shows more of the smoke and mirrors. They're spinning this like its a great deal for the club. If Aaron Morley was to leave us now, the deal would be pretty much the same (they may have a higher rating for their academy) and I'd be very disappointed. Certainly wouldn't be shouting from the roof tops about what a great deal it is - it's all about awaiting the 17th birthday and getting him secured on a contract which will give protection to the club.

The point of any youth set up is to benefit the first team and if the players develop to such an extent that a club higher up will pay money for them, then that's a bonus. If we flogged a player to Liverpool who went on to make over a hundred appearances for him and our cut was no more than a million, I'd consider it that we'd been ripped off - such is the unfairness of the EPPP rules.

"Upfront fees for 16-year-old players are capped at £109,000, although compensation could increase if the player is a success".

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22293207
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 12:13]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:30 - Oct 28 with 6172 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:12 - Oct 28 by dingdangblue

"Upfront fees for 16-year-old players are capped at £109,000, although compensation could increase if the player is a success".

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22293207
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 12:13]

Post over on the Bury board http://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/27433-emeka-obi/&page=2 in reply to that:

<<That reported figure is a misprint - the maximum upfront fee for a 16 year old is actually £209,000, but that's only if the 16 year old is at a cat1 academy and has spent a total of 8 years at the academy. The £209,000 is made up of 3 years u9 to u11 @ £3000 per year, plus 5 years u12 to u16 @ £40,000 per year. See https://tomkinstimes.com/2014/07/strengthening-the-strong-weakening-the-weak/ which I've posted before.

The maximum upfront figure for a 16 year old from a cat3 academy like Bury's is only £71,500 ( 3 years u9 to u11 @ £3000 per year, plus 5 years u12 to u16 @ £12,500 per year).

I may be wrong but I believe that Obi has only been at the academy for 2 years - in which case the maximum upfront fee that Liverpool would pay is only £25,000.>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:44 - Oct 28 with 6139 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:30 - Oct 28 by 442Dale

Post over on the Bury board http://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/27433-emeka-obi/&page=2 in reply to that:

<<That reported figure is a misprint - the maximum upfront fee for a 16 year old is actually £209,000, but that's only if the 16 year old is at a cat1 academy and has spent a total of 8 years at the academy. The £209,000 is made up of 3 years u9 to u11 @ £3000 per year, plus 5 years u12 to u16 @ £40,000 per year. See https://tomkinstimes.com/2014/07/strengthening-the-strong-weakening-the-weak/ which I've posted before.

The maximum upfront figure for a 16 year old from a cat3 academy like Bury's is only £71,500 ( 3 years u9 to u11 @ £3000 per year, plus 5 years u12 to u16 @ £12,500 per year).

I may be wrong but I believe that Obi has only been at the academy for 2 years - in which case the maximum upfront fee that Liverpool would pay is only £25,000.>>

I'm not sure if those lower amounts are 'set in stone'. I'm sure we were only CAT 4 when Wolves paid 100k for Ronan.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:55 - Oct 28 with 6113 viewsHopwoodblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:44 - Oct 28 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure if those lower amounts are 'set in stone'. I'm sure we were only CAT 4 when Wolves paid 100k for Ronan.

Lets be honest, what ever they get it won't cover the clubs wage bill for a week!
That's how bad things are.
It surely cannot be long before the post arrives on this board saying they have
gone into admin again.
I'm I right in thinking that would be the second time and would be followed with a 20pt deduction ? Which would more or less guarantee relegation and set the five year plan back at least ten years !!!.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 13:56]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:15 - Oct 28 with 6079 viewsR17ALE

Does anyone else wonder if Chris Dunphy thanks Day on the occasions they meet saying,

"thanks Stewie. Ever since you walked in off the street and saved bury, my popularity rating at Rochdale has gone off the Ritcher Scale."

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:27 - Oct 28 with 6058 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:30 - Oct 28 by 442Dale

Didn't realise Stewie had brought in a Jedi to take some of the heat off the mounting debts?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:31 - Oct 28 with 6049 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:55 - Oct 28 by Hopwoodblue

Lets be honest, what ever they get it won't cover the clubs wage bill for a week!
That's how bad things are.
It surely cannot be long before the post arrives on this board saying they have
gone into admin again.
I'm I right in thinking that would be the second time and would be followed with a 20pt deduction ? Which would more or less guarantee relegation and set the five year plan back at least ten years !!!.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 13:56]

I did a treble at start of season. £50 Newcastle promotion at 4/5 Notts cheaty top 7 finish as they are a decent side at 5/2 and bURY relegation at 5/2. It's a punt of course but the state of the buckets finances I put administration at about evens before season end. Ok they have started ok but currently poor and Vaughan and co will be off in January if anyone can afford them. The debts are totally impossible to maintain which is why they are borrowing at wonga rates. If they miss a payment on a loan which is charged on the ground then they will be in deep.

Was thinking earlier re the 500k loan. Assume wage bill is 100k a week and all higher rate tax payers, I am guessing they pay revenue quarterly so 40k a week x 13 = 520k. Loan taken for 500k? I am not an expert in this side of finance but makes sense unless anyone knows different. Looks like a lot of pigeons coming home to roost!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:35 - Oct 28 with 6038 viewsBigKindo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:31 - Oct 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

I did a treble at start of season. £50 Newcastle promotion at 4/5 Notts cheaty top 7 finish as they are a decent side at 5/2 and bURY relegation at 5/2. It's a punt of course but the state of the buckets finances I put administration at about evens before season end. Ok they have started ok but currently poor and Vaughan and co will be off in January if anyone can afford them. The debts are totally impossible to maintain which is why they are borrowing at wonga rates. If they miss a payment on a loan which is charged on the ground then they will be in deep.

Was thinking earlier re the 500k loan. Assume wage bill is 100k a week and all higher rate tax payers, I am guessing they pay revenue quarterly so 40k a week x 13 = 520k. Loan taken for 500k? I am not an expert in this side of finance but makes sense unless anyone knows different. Looks like a lot of pigeons coming home to roost!!!!

.. and do not forget the National Insurance liability to be paid by both employer and employee.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:06 - Oct 28 with 5976 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:45 - Oct 28 by 100notout

Any sell ons?

The gigglers are making a big thing of the sell ons theyre going to get when (they don't say IF!) they make it big

Just found this regarding add ons for an Academy player sold early:

Add-ons will also be incurred for a player transferred between the ages of 12-16 (20% of the next fee if the player moves before turning 24 plus 5% of all future domestic fees).

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:12 - Oct 28 with 5973 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:15 - Oct 28 by R17ALE

Does anyone else wonder if Chris Dunphy thanks Day on the occasions they meet saying,

"thanks Stewie. Ever since you walked in off the street and saved bury, my popularity rating at Rochdale has gone off the Ritcher Scale."

No.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:50 - Oct 28 with 5919 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:15 - Oct 28 by R17ALE

I imagine the conversation goes something more like this:

"Where's our ticket money you fooking fat lying charlatan? Negative, negative? I'll give you fooking negative if you don't pay up. That's your fooking fifth pie n'all. At Gigg we had to pay to become a pie partner but didn't get as much as a crust because, according to you, Hollands had a vendetta against football clubs!! I notice you've not got a vendetta against Hollands, have you? Will you tell your mate Glenn to put the cutlery back that he's just put in his pockets as well."
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 15:56]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:04 - Oct 28 with 5891 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:50 - Oct 28 by BigDaveMyCock

I imagine the conversation goes something more like this:

"Where's our ticket money you fooking fat lying charlatan? Negative, negative? I'll give you fooking negative if you don't pay up. That's your fooking fifth pie n'all. At Gigg we had to pay to become a pie partner but didn't get as much as a crust because, according to you, Hollands had a vendetta against football clubs!! I notice you've not got a vendetta against Hollands, have you? Will you tell your mate Glenn to put the cutlery back that he's just put in his pockets as well."
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 15:56]

Are you coming tomorrow?

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:10 - Oct 28 with 5877 viewsBigDaveMyCock

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:04 - Oct 28 by judd

Are you coming tomorrow?

I am. Usual place before and after.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:20 - Oct 28 with 5771 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:04 - Oct 28 by judd

Are you coming tomorrow?

That's a bit personal, tbf.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Oct 30 with 5379 viewsrafc1977

Honestly thought chickens would have flown home and be roosting by now, though the end does seem to be in sight when you balance out what's posted on this thread.

My question is this (doesn't warrant a thread of its own) but do footballers get caught up in the whole 'financial irregularities' of the club's they play for? Not just centered on bury this question. However you always hear footballers say 'we just concentrate on what happens on the pitch' but really can you 100% block out your contract could come to an end just like that and your unemployed?

I'd find it stressful in my job, and whilst ultimately I couldn't do anything to influence it, it would be on my mind. In the bury case the players and staff have to be aware of the state of the club.....don't they?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:39 - Oct 30 with 5340 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Oct 30 by rafc1977

Honestly thought chickens would have flown home and be roosting by now, though the end does seem to be in sight when you balance out what's posted on this thread.

My question is this (doesn't warrant a thread of its own) but do footballers get caught up in the whole 'financial irregularities' of the club's they play for? Not just centered on bury this question. However you always hear footballers say 'we just concentrate on what happens on the pitch' but really can you 100% block out your contract could come to an end just like that and your unemployed?

I'd find it stressful in my job, and whilst ultimately I couldn't do anything to influence it, it would be on my mind. In the bury case the players and staff have to be aware of the state of the club.....don't they?

I think there is some truth in that 1977.

The bury players are not idiots.....

Something very obviously wrong at giggle.....

There will be some surely that see the milky bar kid talks shite all the time!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:05 - Oct 30 with 5172 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:24 - Oct 30 by rafc1977

Read an article recently about David Wheater at Bolton, when the clubs finances became clear he offered to play and forfeit his appearance fee that was written in his contract to try and help out,keep him playing and so the club could "afford" him.

The players at other clubs will mainly have mortgages etc so will be well aware what's going on when things go pear shaped....
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:39 - Oct 30 with 5119 viewsSuddenLad

Regardless of any on-going financial trouble at Giggle Towers, I don't see how it necessarily follows that there should be a consequent collapse in playing performances.

There are two distinct problems to be dealt with, each unconnected with the other. The club is hurtling irrevocably towards financial oblivion ad at the same time, performances on the pitch are dragging the club backwards at breakneck speed towards League Two.

I have come to the conclusion that Flicker is entirely out of his depth in League One management and has assembled (at vast expense) a mish mash of crocked and injury prone players who cannot be relied upon to get stuck in (except in an ill-disciplied sense) when the going gets tough. Several of them are injured at the slightest physical contact.

Flicker seems incapable of lifting the players to get any kind of a result and they go from bad to worse. No plan 'B' and no ideas according to his critics, of which there seem to be an ever growing number..

No doubt they are relying on FA Cup money to pay the HMRC (and other) debts but that will probably unravel next Saturday. DF may well be on his way as well.

Just how much longer they can survive remains to be seen, but it surely can't continue as it has for much longer.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:05 - Oct 30 with 5058 viewspnc4eva1

Although there is a growing clamour to remove agent flitcroft from the good ship giggle it will cost the large waistbanded one money. Therefore the good ship giggle us in a catch twenty two situation.

Flicker says and fans refuse to watch

Or

Pay off flicker out of the money borrowed to pay off the taxman

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:13 - Oct 30 with 5030 viewsdingdangblue

The F.A.Cup is the only real extra revenue stream they have left this season. I know last season's run to the 4th round made them a few bob but a home tie to Wimbledon is a terrible tie for them at the minute. Not only is it a tricky game against a team who have recently beaten them at Gigg - the attendance isn't going to be much. Another loss and the atmosphere is going to be toxic. I fear for Flicker - reckon he's 90 mins away from being sacked.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:21 - Oct 30 with 5062 viewsRAFCBLUE

bury can't afford to sack Flicker. With his astute business connections, there is no chance he would take being an unsecured creditor - cash needed to sack him will be a six figure sum; something that will make Stewart Day hold for as long as possible.

Even harder for bury is no loan market opportunity to the transfer window - 8 league games away.

Stuck with that shower of shite for another 7 weeks and even longer if there is no money to bring other players in.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough (n/t) on 21:41 - Oct 30 with 5018 viewsClivert

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14595807_10154000586497078
[Post edited 30 Oct 2016 21:45]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:51 - Oct 31 with 4736 viewsSalwaDale

Wow, that messageboard is incredible. Every time anyone mentions the financial issues going on at the club everyone else ignores it and the conversation returns to how bad Flitcroft is. Are these people do stupid they can't see what is happening to their club?

TBBT

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:16 - Oct 31 with 4683 viewsdingdangblue

Thinking about it - is Stewie really going to sack a manager who lets him train with the 1st team!!!
I think Flicker could have a job for life!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:00 - Oct 31 with 4613 viewsToffeemanc

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:16 - Oct 31 by dingdangblue

Thinking about it - is Stewie really going to sack a manager who lets him train with the 1st team!!!
I think Flicker could have a job for life!

The trouble with Bury sacking Flicker is that I don't think they would find another manager gullible enough to swallow all of Days bullshit.
They could however employ a manager with a reputation for being not so sqeaky clean, and that maybe why a current out of work managers name has been mentioned by a few recently as a replacement if Bury do sack Flicker.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024