Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998329 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:42 - May 24 with 8227 viewsdeeplishblue

I was interested to read these quotes from the bury chairman

"I think it should be fairly obvious to everyone by now that simply throwing money at a problem doesn't work," he explained.

"I won't be doing that at Bury in my capacity as chairman. The club has had a very difficult couple of years and I see my role as steadying the ship and putting the club on a sound financial basis. I want to help the club to help itself.

"By that I mean to take them into the position where they can stand on their own two feet and get by without any outside financial assistance.

"We need the supporters in the town to help us achieve that target. I know there is a big temptation to go and watch all the stars playing for City or United but I would just like to remind them that Bury is their club.

"Believe me, I am not unambitious.

"Like the supporters, I want to see Bury move to the next level but that won't happen overnight. We need a period of retrenchment before we can start to move forward.

"But at least we have stopped the exodus of players from Gigg Lane. We have signed three players this summer and, with a batch of good young players already at the club, we are very hopeful of a successful season."

Unfortunately this does not mean a new cautious approach from Stewie....these quotes were from chairman Albert Doweck in 2004 - he didn't last long - perhaps he was just to sensible for the bury faithful to stomach.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hince-meets-

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:02 - May 24 with 8069 viewsBarryStrange

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:57 - May 24 by Ernst_Stavro

EU definitions for SMEs:

Micro Business = less than 10 employees & turnover under £2 million
Small Business = less than 50 employees & turnover under £10 million
Medium Business = Less than 250 employees & turnover under £50 million

The employees number will be well over 50 with all of Stewie's recruitment, that will be what has pushed them into the medium bracket.

On the recruitment point - We have got rid of 18 players since the end of last season (11 released, 6 loanees returned plus Pope back to PV), so our squad is currently net 15 smaller than it was the day we were crap at Southend allowing for the 3 signings.

And I don't think anyone really believes Vaughan will still be with us by the time the transfer window shuts.

I cannot imagine any professional football club has fewer than 50 employees - even with a squad of 22 (and most clubs seem to find 18 for a matchday squad) you could only come in under the 50 employees bracket if you outsourced almost every non-playing or coaching function at the club - catering, cleaning, maintenance, driving etc.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:47 - May 24 with 7935 views442Dale

Maybe fans who didn't get the 'success doesn't mean much against such a backdrop' will start to understand more as they continue to express disappointment about their football club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:21 - Aug 25 with 7352 viewsD_Dale

It seems a pity that it is nearly three months since the last posting on this epic thread.

On the eve of bury's visit, is there no recent news - court orders, HMRC proceedings etc - to report?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:42 - Aug 25 with 7323 viewsBURYFC_1885

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:21 - Aug 25 by D_Dale

It seems a pity that it is nearly three months since the last posting on this epic thread.

On the eve of bury's visit, is there no recent news - court orders, HMRC proceedings etc - to report?

A strange post. Do you wish fellow football clubs to go under at the expense of the fans? Classy if so!

Rochdale themselves may find one day they are ran by a dodgy owner... will this massive thread not come back as a massive bite on the arse?

Laud it over us while you can I suppose... there's a reason Rochdales traditional rival is Halifax Town and Bury's is Bolton Wanderers!

I of course wish no ill to the club of Rochdale, like Bury, a small club situated in a bad catchment area who will always be up against it for reasons largely out of the clubs control. Fair play to anyone supporting their local club thus doing their bit to keep it alive.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:47]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:18 - Aug 25 with 7252 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:21 - Aug 25 by D_Dale

Not sure it was the best idea to re-awaken it today. I'm sure there will be ample opportunities in future.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:15 - Aug 25 with 7187 viewsD_Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:42 - Aug 25 by BURYFC_1885

A strange post. Do you wish fellow football clubs to go under at the expense of the fans? Classy if so!

Rochdale themselves may find one day they are ran by a dodgy owner... will this massive thread not come back as a massive bite on the arse?

Laud it over us while you can I suppose... there's a reason Rochdales traditional rival is Halifax Town and Bury's is Bolton Wanderers!

I of course wish no ill to the club of Rochdale, like Bury, a small club situated in a bad catchment area who will always be up against it for reasons largely out of the clubs control. Fair play to anyone supporting their local club thus doing their bit to keep it alive.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 9:47]

Your second paragraph seems to imply that your club is in 'dodgy' hands. ('Rochdale themselves may find one day they are ran by a dodgy owner... will this massive thread not come back as a massive bite on the arse?') Surely not.

In fact, I could mention at least two dodgy former Dale chairmen, one of whom, as I recall, went on to a spell as a guest in one of HM prisons. 'There but for the grace of god go we', and all that.

I'd also agree about the similarities of the two towns when if comes to supporting a league club. The week-in-week-out fans of both clubs deserve recognition - and some success on the field (but tomorrow, of course, I want you to go home empty-handed).
[Post edited 25 Aug 2017 11:19]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:33 - Aug 25 with 7070 viewsbatman

Currently 3 outstanding CCJ's totalling £33.1/2k.
Latest one was early June for £10455.00.
Much improved but it looks like old habits of screwing every last day of
Credit from suppliers die hard
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:05 - Sep 2 with 6603 viewsD_Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:33 - Aug 25 by batman

Currently 3 outstanding CCJ's totalling £33.1/2k.
Latest one was early June for £10455.00.
Much improved but it looks like old habits of screwing every last day of
Credit from suppliers die hard

So it would seem that things are going better off the pitch than on.

Can't see Lee Clark staying much longer.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:09 - Sep 2 with 6571 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:05 - Sep 2 by D_Dale

It's only a matter of time before Day's had enough of managers wasting his money and takes up the reigns himself

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 6555 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:05 - Sep 2 by D_Dale

All those signings and they start with Ryan Lowe today.

Wasn't totally sure, but I'm now certain that any football supporter with a modicum of intelligence would make a better manager than Clark.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:25 - Sep 2 with 6504 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:09 - Sep 2 by D_Alien

It's only a matter of time before Day's had enough of managers wasting his money and takes up the reigns himself

This post has been edited by an administrator

I look forward to that moment. Please let it happen.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:37 - Sep 3 with 6209 viewsRAFCBLUE

Good to hear (anecdotally) that Clark is selectively bringing in certain players to train on a Sunday who didn't play yesterday to remind them that they are a professional footballers.

Personally, I hope Andrew Tutte gets a game under Clark at some point in the remainder of his two year deal. He must have gone into Uncle Stewie's bad books for something not even to be named as a sub.

Still, at least they have Carrington this week and a trip to Rotherham to look forward too next week.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:04 - Sep 3 with 6047 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:37 - Sep 3 by RAFCBLUE

Good to hear (anecdotally) that Clark is selectively bringing in certain players to train on a Sunday who didn't play yesterday to remind them that they are a professional footballers.

Personally, I hope Andrew Tutte gets a game under Clark at some point in the remainder of his two year deal. He must have gone into Uncle Stewie's bad books for something not even to be named as a sub.

Still, at least they have Carrington this week and a trip to Rotherham to look forward too next week.

Any chance of a bit more meat on the bones? Agree re Tutte, he is one of a few who has been treated disgracefully.

You lot will love this one - we've played 27 (that's even more CCJs than we've had!) players in 5 league games so far.

Clark makes Flitcroft look like a tactical genius!

#shambles

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:25 - Sep 3 with 6005 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:04 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

Any chance of a bit more meat on the bones? Agree re Tutte, he is one of a few who has been treated disgracefully.

You lot will love this one - we've played 27 (that's even more CCJs than we've had!) players in 5 league games so far.

#shambles

Flitcroft continues to impress.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - Sep 3 with 5979 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:25 - Sep 3 by SuddenLad

Flitcroft continues to impress.......

There's a big interview with him in the FL Paper today where he says last week's 3-0 home defeat to Crawley was "a hiccup and I like hiccups".

Yesterday - Swindon 1, Barnet 4

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:39 - Sep 3 with 5869 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:04 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

#shambles

27 in 5 games is a lot. More so when you consider that there are some players available who could have played that Clark is refusing to pick.

I've no idea what's behind hearing of some of your lads going into Carrington. Clark's erratic and his training methods reflect that.

At Kilmarnock, they didn't train in the morning because he wanted them sharp for 3pm each day - unless there was an evening kick-off!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/interview-lee-cl

From our perspective, it entertaining viewing!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:02 - Sep 3 with 5832 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:39 - Sep 3 by RAFCBLUE

27 in 5 games is a lot. More so when you consider that there are some players available who could have played that Clark is refusing to pick.

I've no idea what's behind hearing of some of your lads going into Carrington. Clark's erratic and his training methods reflect that.

At Kilmarnock, they didn't train in the morning because he wanted them sharp for 3pm each day - unless there was an evening kick-off!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/interview-lee-cl

From our perspective, it entertaining viewing!

Cheers mate and yeah...i can imagine it's entertaining viewing!

For us, it's like watching one of those crap comedy horror films!!!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:26 - Sep 3 with 5793 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:02 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

Cheers mate and yeah...i can imagine it's entertaining viewing!

For us, it's like watching one of those crap comedy horror films!!!

The thing is, you were warned and, dare I say, prepared for all that's happened. This 70 page thread is a shining example.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:16 - Sep 3 with 5734 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:26 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

The thing is, you were warned and, dare I say, prepared for all that's happened. This 70 page thread is a shining example.

I and many others were prepared in May '13...long before this thread had ever been thought about.

Thanks for your 'heartfelt' concern though.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:24 - Sep 3 with 5715 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:16 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

I and many others were prepared in May '13...long before this thread had ever been thought about.

It's been a farce since Day One, it must be incredibly demoralising turning up for all that time. The burymeinexile blog illustrated it all rather well.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:28 - Sep 3 with 5703 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:16 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

Up to about three weeks ago, you were quite happy on your own board to say how great your signings were and how well you expected this season to go. I'll go and find some of those posts if you want to deny it.

At the same time, you were also quite happy to make fun of threads like this one - "You should see what the Fail lot have said now" - and posts of that ilk.

Now you have suddenly reappeared with an "I actually agreed with you Fail lot in the first place" kind of attitude, perhaps hoping for some sympathy and understanding.

Sorry, it's not happening.

(I know there's some secret board you also post on, but it's not really a secret if you mention it on here, is it?)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:53 - Sep 3 with 5659 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:28 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

Up to about three weeks ago, you were quite happy on your own board to say how great your signings were and how well you expected this season to go. I'll go and find some of those posts if you want to deny it.

At the same time, you were also quite happy to make fun of threads like this one - "You should see what the Fail lot have said now" - and posts of that ilk.

Now you have suddenly reappeared with an "I actually agreed with you Fail lot in the first place" kind of attitude, perhaps hoping for some sympathy and understanding.

Sorry, it's not happening.

(I know there's some secret board you also post on, but it's not really a secret if you mention it on here, is it?)

You really have lost the plot...

Ask Col, 442, Big Dave, TTN, R17 what i'm like and my concerns and what i've done over the years.

What's wrong with me saying we've signed some good players (in theory!)...i've still made comments about how the hell we are affording it, etc. I hope you look for them as well if you're so obsessed.

Re this site i do find some of the ocd comments about bury (the small letter is so lame btw) and other threads hilarious - asking for proof from James was just classic. I've NEVER made fun of this particular thread though, in fact, i've used it on a number of occasions with other Bury fans who are concerned.

Oh and the secret board is technically secret if you cant read what's on it!!!

Anyway, one reason why i dont post often on here, is that it's hard work, so...

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:55 - Sep 3 with 5652 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:53 - Sep 3 by R11BFC

You really have lost the plot...

Ask Col, 442, Big Dave, TTN, R17 what i'm like and my concerns and what i've done over the years.

What's wrong with me saying we've signed some good players (in theory!)...i've still made comments about how the hell we are affording it, etc. I hope you look for them as well if you're so obsessed.

Re this site i do find some of the ocd comments about bury (the small letter is so lame btw) and other threads hilarious - asking for proof from James was just classic. I've NEVER made fun of this particular thread though, in fact, i've used it on a number of occasions with other Bury fans who are concerned.

Oh and the secret board is technically secret if you cant read what's on it!!!

Anyway, one reason why i dont post often on here, is that it's hard work, so...

See ya later, alligator.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:28 - Sep 6 with 5250 viewsaleanddale

any visiting gigglers >>

what's your stadium update?

10 months til you move in? #milkybar
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024