Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2027261 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:49 - May 15 with 6303 viewsBigKindo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:55 - May 15 by Daley_Lama

Offer made for the club last week which will enable all creditors to be paid.

Apparently purchaser Jamie Lannister claimed ‘we always pay our debts’ and has ask for an adjournment until 19th June to allow him to sort a bit of domestic stuff out.

Sweeping the road after the Lord Mayor's Show perhaps?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:35 - May 15 with 6201 viewskel

So Dale has told the court that there are three prospective buyers and they all swing from him being a crook to believing him again.

Please never change, bury fans.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - May 15 with 6189 viewsfinberty

In all the excitement of the hearing, everyone has missed the news that their new business adviser has been revealed today as Mr W Micawber.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:21 - May 15 with 6092 viewsEllDale

Would any buyer have to take on the debt? If so, can anyone correctly calculate it?

I would have thought that it would be a more attractive proposition to buy once they were in administration and had had a proper audit of the books?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:24 - May 15 with 6085 viewsDaleiLama

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 15:39 - May 15 by finberty

In all the excitement of the hearing, everyone has missed the news that their new business adviser has been revealed today as Mr W Micawber.

"Something will turn up!"

Ably assisted by Philip Pirrip no doubt?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:54 - May 15 with 5821 viewsShun

So basically they’ve got off scot-free yet again?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:06 - May 15 with 5791 viewsSuddenLad

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:54 - May 15 by Shun

For now. I suspect the clock is still ticking towards a gloomy outcome.
[Post edited 15 May 2019 19:09]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:36 - May 15 with 5722 viewsYorkshire_Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:54 - May 15 by Shun

Not really, a mere postponement for a few weeks to see if any sucker comes forward to buy the debt ridden set up.......but they do seem to get away with stuff and have done for years.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:18 - May 15 with 5469 viewsDaley_Lama

Bury seem to have swapped a chairman who loved talking to press, radio, tv, media, anybody who would listen to his fantasy world of football to one who won’t speak to staff, players, anybody really.

Having got another adjournment based on 3 possible buyers - you would have thought he would have issued some sort of statement tonight.

I’ve no idea on this chap, but it is quite possible that he is genuine but has been bulls***ed by Day, he said as much last time he raised his head above the parapet. He may have had a stabilising plan but was swamped by hidden debts.

Bury lot seem convinced he is a wrong un though. His silence is incriminating in this case.

It’s one big financial mess and their promotion seems akin to Stockport and Notts C, achieved against a backdrop of financial strife.

If they do get through this, the next few years may be very tough for them

Poll: DF in or out

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:03 - May 17 with 4926 viewsdingdangblue

Seems a few bury fans are building their hopes up over the supposed '3 interested buyers'. What are their options though? Are they allowed to take over and then put the club into administration? What exactly is the overall debt now? If Stewie Day disappeared without putting a cent of his own money into the club and hasn't paid off any mortgages or loans then they owe £10 million? I imagine that doesn't include the £1.6 million mentioned by Steve Dale that they owe in tax and wages/bonuses by the end of this month. Is any one seriously going to come in from nowhere and settle all of that? Then start covering the running costs of a lge 1 football club on top of that?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:26 - May 17 with 4809 viewsjudd

What sort of credible evidence of 3 interested buyers has to be presented to the Court for the Judge to make such a decision?

There's a bury fan at work won a line* on the bingo at Hopwood Unionists last Saturday. Could he have established credibility as a potential owner?

*As opposed to full house, not some sniff.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:29 - May 21 with 4157 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:26 - May 17 by judd

What sort of credible evidence of 3 interested buyers has to be presented to the Court for the Judge to make such a decision?

There's a bury fan at work won a line* on the bingo at Hopwood Unionists last Saturday. Could he have established credibility as a potential owner?

*As opposed to full house, not some sniff.

Something as simple as an email from a potential buyer or their advisers is all you need, judd.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if 2 of the 3 pieces of credible evidence provided were from "Forever Bury" and/or "Buy Out Bury (BOB)" since all the judge has to do it is convince himself or herself that letting a sale happen is preferential to a winding up.

Given winding up never generates any significant proceeds most judges let that pass forward.

Those parties indicated before the hearing their support towards keeping the club as a going concern.

More interestingly is the still confidential bury released/retained list. Still not announced and a skeleton staff of Jill Neville and Gordon manning the desks taking money for season tickets that is being used for day-to-day purposes shows that they're not even running the football side properly which makes you questions whether they will have a football side soon.

Looking forward to the bury fans thinking they'll be playing Liverpool and Rangers again this Summer.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:11 - May 21 with 4095 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:29 - May 21 by RAFCBLUE

Something as simple as an email from a potential buyer or their advisers is all you need, judd.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if 2 of the 3 pieces of credible evidence provided were from "Forever Bury" and/or "Buy Out Bury (BOB)" since all the judge has to do it is convince himself or herself that letting a sale happen is preferential to a winding up.

Given winding up never generates any significant proceeds most judges let that pass forward.

Those parties indicated before the hearing their support towards keeping the club as a going concern.

More interestingly is the still confidential bury released/retained list. Still not announced and a skeleton staff of Jill Neville and Gordon manning the desks taking money for season tickets that is being used for day-to-day purposes shows that they're not even running the football side properly which makes you questions whether they will have a football side soon.

Looking forward to the bury fans thinking they'll be playing Liverpool and Rangers again this Summer.

So it could have been the bingo winner then?

'kin 'ell.

What sort of convincing is required if, at the next hearing, wages remain unpaid in full, as well as the petitioner (s) debts and the business remains unsold?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - May 21 with 4027 viewsHopwoodblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:11 - May 21 by judd

'kin 'ell.

What sort of convincing is required if, at the next hearing, wages remain unpaid in full, as well as the petitioner (s) debts and the business remains unsold?

Is still cash only transactions ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:06 - May 21 with 4005 viewsjudd

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - May 21 by Hopwoodblue

Dunno, sorry.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:26 - May 21 with 3960 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:56 - May 21 by Hopwoodblue

Im sure some have mentioned paying by card to cover themselves if it goes tits up.
Someone also mentioned that season ticket money was used to pay the court costs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:52 - May 21 with 3893 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:26 - May 21 by dingdangblue

Im sure some have mentioned paying by card to cover themselves if it goes tits up.
Someone also mentioned that season ticket money was used to pay the court costs.

If true - and the costs would need to be paid, i assume, without default - let's just think about that for a moment

Income from ordinary punters going to pay the workings of the judicial system whilst food banks and hand outs are being arranged to pay staff locally

It'd beggar belief, but bury have already beggared that bugger too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:03 - May 21 with 3845 viewsRAFCBLUE

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:11 - May 21 by judd

'kin 'ell.

Could be.

I've seen ones in my professional life that are as simple as the sentence:

"We aim to the acquire the business and should that acquisition be a success we will continue to trade."

Forever Bury and BOB will have made statements like that I'm sure.

At the next hearing the judge will want to see if that has played out - if it has then fine - the business trades as normal and creditors get paid.

If not, then the reasons for not progressing will need to be heard. That might be the need for more time for the buyer to conduct some due diligence at which point the judge can order further extensions.

What won't help in the meantime is the lack of running of a club; by the time they get to 19th June, they will need to be thinking about the start of next season, players, sponsors, friendlies etc.

Without paying a staff to operate they are effectively closed without the judge saying that.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - May 22 with 3356 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:16 - May 22 with 3328 viewsscarrow

The silence from the club is deafening that is echoed by Adams statement. Disgraceful way to treat the staff.

Poll: Final position

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:21 - May 22 with 3315 viewsShun

Shameful. The club is rotting from the inside out.

If the players haven’t been paid in 12 weeks they can surely terminate their contracts and walk away to another club. Maynard, Mayor, and Adams, come on over.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:38 - May 22 with 3270 viewsAncoats_Blue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:06 - May 22 by 442Dale

I’m sure BBM has already sent his scouts out but I’d like to hope we can swoop in for some of Bury and Bolton’s players. No relocation costs and a 1-2 year deal with the promise of actually being paid in L1 should be attractive.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:03 - May 22 with 3163 viewsDale92

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:21 - May 22 by Shun

Shameful. The club is rotting from the inside out.

If the players haven’t been paid in 12 weeks they can surely terminate their contracts and walk away to another club. Maynard, Mayor, and Adams, come on over.

Out of all seriousness who woukd we take from both Bolton/Bury given their plight.
Adams is meh for me, i wouldnt mind but feel the wages would be better spent elsewhere same with Mayor- we have to many CAM as it is. Id take Maynard in a hot second thatd probably be it from bURY.

Bolton, i dont think wed be able to meet their player demands but id take Buckley and Vela from them

This is the One, I've waited for

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:34 - May 22 with 3039 viewsThacks_Rabbits

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:03 - May 22 by Dale92

Out of all seriousness who woukd we take from both Bolton/Bury given their plight.
Adams is meh for me, i wouldnt mind but feel the wages would be better spent elsewhere same with Mayor- we have to many CAM as it is. Id take Maynard in a hot second thatd probably be it from bURY.

Bolton, i dont think wed be able to meet their player demands but id take Buckley and Vela from them

It’s meltdown time on there now. Turds are spraying all over having hit the fan. I feel sorry for some like B11 and the decent fans like him.

Too many were beloved in day and believing in his lies, guy who took over is just as bad if not worse. I cannot see them surviving this unless Neville or the like come in.

In fairness nearly 500k of views would never make anyone think.

Wish pdiddy would pop on

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:44 - May 22 with 3008 viewskel

One of them wants people to tweet their ‘plight’ to Ronaldo, Bale and Neymar.

Simply brilliant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024