Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back.... 17:47 - Oct 31 with 5402 viewsrichfoad32

.....to the pub. Need a celebratory drink, I'll be the first to admit I thought was no way we were getting anything out of that game at half time. Not because Southend were any good (they weren't) but because we just hadn't created a thing. Credit to Hill and the substitutions though, surprised Bunney stayed on but for all the criticism he gets he works hard and it was good to see him on the score sheet. Vincenti looked laboured and you wonder if he's fully fit but love NML, looks a threat running at people and has a few tricks as well. Whether he should start or used as an impact player off the bench is a real conundrum for Hilly. Calvin caused problems and could've nicked it at 2-2 but dithered when through and was robbed, probably sums him up as a player, great linkup play but never going to be prolific. Defensively we look like there's always a mistake in us but McNulty looked just as culpable as Lancashire today. Credit for the second half clean sheet though, you can't deny their commitment to get a block/header in when it matters. Josh was unlucky for the penalty, I'd like to see the incident again, but otherwise had a solid game.

All in all, a decent point in a game we even could have gone on to win. I'd have taken that at half time.
Just got back.... on 19:13 - Oct 31 with 5162 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thanks for that update.......sounds a game of the proverbial 2 halves.
Just got back.... on 19:54 - Oct 31 with 5020 viewsFatCat

Was in the Blue Boar in Southend before the game and met some people that I got to know in the Cemetery last week.
Wish I had got the train down instead of driving but still had a good afternoon out.
Great comeback and could have nicked it at the end.
Just got back.... on 21:17 - Oct 31 with 4844 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just got back.... on 19:54 - Oct 31 by FatCat

Was in the Blue Boar in Southend before the game and met some people that I got to know in the Cemetery last week.
Wish I had got the train down instead of driving but still had a good afternoon out.
Great comeback and could have nicked it at the end.

You are our lucky Cat.
Just got back.... on 21:37 - Oct 31 with 4771 viewsYadHoDale

A Southend supporting fb friend said that the pen was harsh...
Just got back.... on 21:39 - Oct 31 with 4769 viewsantmarina

This was my first game of the season being an exile.

I though we were pretty in possession in the first half but felt like we have 9 1/2 men on the pitch. Bunney was poor and Vincenti was a long way off the pace.

Second half was a lot better and is was praying for Andrew and NML. Bunney suddenly could run and almost beat a man on the wing. Camps had a good game, fantastic balance and an eye for attack. Rose played well in front of the back three and I think we all knew he was going to put in a good performance after being out for so long.

The stonewall penalty at the end on Hendo would have sealed a very good 45 minute performance.
Just got back.... on 06:29 - Nov 1 with 4448 viewsrichfoad32

Having had time to reflect on it my ratings for the game would be;

Lillis 7: A couple of smart saves and generally solid. Gave away the penalty but unlucky as he was quickly off his line to force their player into a shot, could do nothing about the subsequent spot kick or Sarfend's second.

TK 5: Not a right back, given the runaround a bit.

Lancashire 6: No worse than McNulty, like others I would like to see Eastham given a chance but he battled and won his fair share of headers in the second half comeback.

McNulty 6: Some poor distribution, but did alright.

Tanser 6: Seems set for a run in the side and I'm OK with that. Quicker and gets forward more than TK, defensively sound.

Allen 5: Looked frustrated. Maybe as has been suggested, the captaincy is weighing him down. It was noticeable that his head went down as much as anyone's after their second goal when he should've been trying to rally the lads. Anonymous.

Lund 6: Soft challenge in the lead up to their second but improved after switching to right back. Wouldn't be adverse to playing him there again if Cannon/Raff/Bennett are out for any extended period.

Camps 7: Decent game. Our only midfielder who seemed likely to create anything, to actually get on the ball and run with it.

Vincenti 4: Looked woefully out of touch, wasn't even able to compensate by winning his fair share of headers. I'm not sure what it is but he looked tired and leggy even during the warm up. Hopefully it's only temporary because Peter V is important.

Bunney 6: Anonymous and bullied when played as the focal point in the first half but did well when played as part of a front three. Worked hard and got his goal. I know there are plenty who wonder why Hilly perseveres with him but there is 'something' there, just needs to show it on a more consistent basis.

Hendo 6: Looked fruistrated and gave away a few silly fouls in the first half. Threatened more after the break and had a late (slightly dubious from my view) penalty shout.

SUBS

Andrew 8: Strong, held the ball up, ran at players and put himself about. Everything that Bunney didn't do in the first half. Dithered when through at 2-2 though and this probably sums him up a striker.

NML 9: MOM for me. Quick, direct, had a trick or two and scared the life out of their right back. A real find from Hilly.

Rose 7: Looked like he lacked match fitness and was blowing out of his arse by the end. A lot of his set pieces were poor to be fair but I'll let him off because of THAT free kick.

Sarfend: I never really notice the opposition unless one of them has a stand out performance but a word for their number 22, Gary Deegan, or 'Deegs' to the locals. Bearded pseudo-hardman who ran around a lot and for some reason plays with his shorts either rolled up or cut to resemble really short shorts 80's footballers shorts. God knows why. Tit.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 6:32]
Just got back.... on 07:12 - Nov 1 with 4411 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back.... on 06:29 - Nov 1 by richfoad32

Having had time to reflect on it my ratings for the game would be;

Lillis 7: A couple of smart saves and generally solid. Gave away the penalty but unlucky as he was quickly off his line to force their player into a shot, could do nothing about the subsequent spot kick or Sarfend's second.

TK 5: Not a right back, given the runaround a bit.

Lancashire 6: No worse than McNulty, like others I would like to see Eastham given a chance but he battled and won his fair share of headers in the second half comeback.

McNulty 6: Some poor distribution, but did alright.

Tanser 6: Seems set for a run in the side and I'm OK with that. Quicker and gets forward more than TK, defensively sound.

Allen 5: Looked frustrated. Maybe as has been suggested, the captaincy is weighing him down. It was noticeable that his head went down as much as anyone's after their second goal when he should've been trying to rally the lads. Anonymous.

Lund 6: Soft challenge in the lead up to their second but improved after switching to right back. Wouldn't be adverse to playing him there again if Cannon/Raff/Bennett are out for any extended period.

Camps 7: Decent game. Our only midfielder who seemed likely to create anything, to actually get on the ball and run with it.

Vincenti 4: Looked woefully out of touch, wasn't even able to compensate by winning his fair share of headers. I'm not sure what it is but he looked tired and leggy even during the warm up. Hopefully it's only temporary because Peter V is important.

Bunney 6: Anonymous and bullied when played as the focal point in the first half but did well when played as part of a front three. Worked hard and got his goal. I know there are plenty who wonder why Hilly perseveres with him but there is 'something' there, just needs to show it on a more consistent basis.

Hendo 6: Looked fruistrated and gave away a few silly fouls in the first half. Threatened more after the break and had a late (slightly dubious from my view) penalty shout.

SUBS

Andrew 8: Strong, held the ball up, ran at players and put himself about. Everything that Bunney didn't do in the first half. Dithered when through at 2-2 though and this probably sums him up a striker.

NML 9: MOM for me. Quick, direct, had a trick or two and scared the life out of their right back. A real find from Hilly.

Rose 7: Looked like he lacked match fitness and was blowing out of his arse by the end. A lot of his set pieces were poor to be fair but I'll let him off because of THAT free kick.

Sarfend: I never really notice the opposition unless one of them has a stand out performance but a word for their number 22, Gary Deegan, or 'Deegs' to the locals. Bearded pseudo-hardman who ran around a lot and for some reason plays with his shorts either rolled up or cut to resemble really short shorts 80's footballers shorts. God knows why. Tit.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 6:32]

Cheers for that. I wouldn't be adverse to Hilly now signing NML on a permanent contract, we need to get him on the pitch more because he is definitely more than capable.
Just got back.... on 14:33 - Nov 1 with 4105 viewsFatCat

Just got back.... on 21:17 - Oct 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

You are our lucky Cat.

To be honest, when we were 2-0 down at halftime I was wondering if that green and black kit had cursed Dale.
They had not scored a goal since it was introduced (v Bury?)
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back.... on 14:50 - Nov 1 with 4081 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back.... on 14:33 - Nov 1 by FatCat

To be honest, when we were 2-0 down at halftime I was wondering if that green and black kit had cursed Dale.

Were you wearing the white away shirt in the Blue Boar, Fat Cat?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back.... on 14:53 - Nov 1 with 4073 views442Dale

Just got back.... on 14:33 - Nov 1 by FatCat

That's the undefeated, undisputed change strip of the worrrrrrrrld I'll have you know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back.... on 15:24 - Nov 1 with 4000 viewsFatCat

Just got back.... on 14:50 - Nov 1 by TVOS1907

Were you wearing the white away shirt in the Blue Boar, Fat Cat?

That was me.
Just got back.... on 15:55 - Nov 1 with 3937 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back.... on 15:24 - Nov 1 by FatCat

That was me.

Great detective work then. I was sat by the door with Mrs TVOS1907 and she asked who you were, but I didn't know, but do now!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back.... on 16:33 - Nov 1 with 3848 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just got back.... on 15:55 - Nov 1 by TVOS1907

Great detective work then. I was sat by the door with Mrs TVOS1907 and she asked who you were, but I didn't know, but do now!

Fat Cat = The New Moggy!!!
Just got back.... on 08:10 - Nov 2 with 3543 viewsFatCat

New cat on the block.
Slowly getting to know a few of you Dale supporters.
Looking to forward to my next Dale game.
Probably Swindon away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024